Shadows | s.r

By maya123598

"I'm a Monster, I know that." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Alayna Maximoff was Adopted by Nicholas Fury at 16. ... More

- Cast -
~Playlist~
A/N
Prologue
Act 1
IRON MAN
THOR
THE ASSASSINS
THE HULK
CAPTAIN AMERICA
Act 2
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
Act 3
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 4

908 14 0
By maya123598

3RD POV

Alayna, was free falling from a Quinjet Steve a little ways behind her. He had a parachute that made him stop though she soluted him as she fell. She landed in a tall tree, using her powers to stable herself.

Just as Thor and Iron Man crash into the forest. Thor rolls himself up. Iron Man is still standing, but keeps his distance. The helmet opens up. Alayna watched in the tree near them waiting for the right time to strike.

"Do not touch me again!" Thor yelled at the metal man.

"Then don't take my stuff." Tony yelled back.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with."

"Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" Tony says, Alayna cackled at that.

"This is beyond you, metal man. Loki will face Asgardian justice!"

"He gives up the Cube, he's all yours. Until then, stay out of my way... tourist." Then the Iron Man helmet clamps up and he walks away. In one quick move, Thor pulls Mjölnir, throws it, and knocks Tony clear across into a tree.

"Okay." Tony says angry. From the mountain side, Loki watches in amusement. Thor raises his hand. Mjölnir flies back to his hand. Thor swings the hammer, summoning a ray of energy. Iron Man stands up and from his hand boosters, a blast of energy the mighty avenger on his ass. Iron Man flies back up and knocks Thor into a tree. Alayna starts to climb down the tree, landing on the ground a little bit away from the cat fight.

"Right back at you, bitch! "

Thor, kneeling on the ground, pulls Mjölnir to his hand, raises it to the skies and pulls in lightning and thunder! Thor points the hammer at Iron Man and the outpouring of bolts lighting increases in intensity. Tony falls back.

"Power at 400% capacity."

"How about that?" Tony says as he fires away from his hand boosters, pushing Thor to his knees. Like two gunslingers ready to draw, both Thor and Iron Man fly towards each other and meet in the middle and ascend up. Alayna feels the anger of both of them and it overwells her.

The two battle. Iron Man grasps Thor, elbowing him and smashing him into the side of a mountain. Thor leaps off the mountain and takes Iron Man with him.

"Their gonna kill each other..." Alayna whispered. She runs to keep up with them, feeling Steve's senses close to her as well, knowing it would just end badly.

Thor and Iron Man crash right back down, smashing down every tree possible. Tony yanks Thor right up. Thor grabs both hand boosters and begins to crush them. Tony quickly charges as much energy as he can and shoots energy in Thor's face. Thor falls back, losing his stance. Iron man headbutts Thor, with his gold-titanium alloy helmet. Thor headbutts him with his head and actually sends Tony across the forest. Alayna still sprinting to keep up with the two because not everyone can fly here.

Iron Man boosters up and flies back at Thor, grabbing him by the arm and cape and swings him into another tree. Thor looks up, ready. Thor runs with all his patience out the window. Tony swings and misses, giving Thor the momentum to grab him, lift him and smash him down hard. Alayna ducking down as Thor summons back Mjölnir to his hand. Just as he's about to put the hammer down, Tony uses his hand boosters to skid across the ground and trip Thor over. Standing up, Thor looks for him, but from behind him, Iron Man crashes into his back. Thor stands facing Iron Man. Ready to pounce...

Steve's Captain America shield ricochets off both Thor and Iron Man, stopping them. They look up and see what looks to be Captain America standing on top of a fallen tree with the shield back in hand. From where Alayna's standing it looks like something really bad is about to happen.

"Hey! That's enough!" Steve said as he comes down from the fallen tree, and said to Thor "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here."

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!"

"Then prove it! Put the hammer down."

"Um, yeah, no! Bad call! He loves his hammer!" Tony says, trying to tell Steve rather sarcastically.

Thor backhands Iron Man like a battering ram with Mjölnir. Thor, losing all tolerance with this sentital of liberty raises the hammer. Alayna starts running knowing she's the one thats gonna have to break this up.

"You want me to put the hammer down?"

Thor leaps high into the air, raising the hammer. Captain America crouches down and holds up his shield. Alayna then grabs on to their shadows, Thor stopping in mid air unable to move. Suddenly they are both jerked back, both into different trees as Alayna walks up calmly to the middle of the way, concentrating on keeping them back so they don't kill each other. Steve notices her and tries to reach out but, ultimately fails because of Alaynas powers which were to strong for even him.

"Are we done here? As far as I know, we have a mischievous god to catch."

"Lady Lunar?"

"Hi Thor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dozens of Shield police escort Loki to his cell, the god who is in handcuffs, smiling. Alayna following right behind him. As they pass the helicarrier lab, Banner stops working on the Chitauri Scepter and looks up. Loki eyes him as he walks, nodding and smiling. Alayna also meets his eyes though, she was wearing a blindfold, so you really couldn't tell. She shot him a smile anyway. Banner rubs his head.

Loki is now free from his cuffs and is contained in a large glass cell held by hydraulic rigs . Fury walks up the control panel of the cell. Alayna stands close behind him watching Loki, observing, she could read him very well and he just stepped on to the helicarrier.

"In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass." Her father says as he presses a button which opens a hatch underneath Loki's cell. Loki peers as much as he can from the glass. Without seeing, the sounds of gusting wind would make man scared. Not a god, though. Alayna sees this though she could detect just a small fear from him.

"Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!" Nick Fury says as he closes the hatch.

He then points at Loki.

"Ant."

Then points at the button which would drop Loki into the steel trap.

"Boot."

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." Loki said thinking of a certain green monster.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard." Loki says as he looks into the camera, looking to make trouble.

The others watch on the monitor Loki getting interrogated. Banner looks at the monitor, intently. While Steve watches Alayna wondering what she was doing there.

"The mindless beast-"

"This cage wasn't built for him." Alayna says, knowing who it was for.

"W-what?" Loki says surprised.

"It was built for something a lot more stronger than him, a lot more powerful."

The others watch from the monitor surprised, everyone thought it was for Bruce, boy were they wrong.

"Then who was it built for?" Loki asked suddenly interested.

"Me." Alayna answered then turned and walked out of the room, everyone was shocked, including the green obsessed god. It was all true though, she had specifically made sure it was built if she lost control. Alayna didn't want to hurt anybody, but she knew she was dangerous. Heck, she knew that she was a monster from the get go. She just had to much power for one person to maintain it made people scared.

"How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki says, very interested in the fact that this girl with a blindfold is stronger than the hulk.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Nick Fury said thinking of his daughter, he wanted to make sure she was okay.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is." Loki snaps back.

"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something."

Fury walks off leaving Loki in his glass cell. Loki looks back at the camera, smirking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve watches until the monitor goes black. Thor, who didn't even look, just listened, stands there, torn apart. They all just stand there in stunned silence. Not believing what they heard, mostly the part about Alayna. Finally --

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce says.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve says as Alayna walks through the door and sits down at the conference table, everyone stares at her for a moment before Thor answers.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army? From outer space?" Steve said.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce inquires.

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce says.

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha says.

"Mind control."

Everyone looks at Alayna it's the first time she's spoken up since she walked through the door.

"The concept that the human mind can be altered or controlled by certain psychological techniques. He using them to do his dirty work, in this case the spear is." Alayna continued.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce says seriously.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor said.

"He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha fired back.

"He's adopted."

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce says.

"We know its something big, because they practically destroyed the doctors eye to get it." Alayna said

"It's a stabilizing agent." Tony says as he walks in with Coulson; whispering something to him. "Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD."

"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." Tony said to Thor.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants."

"Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did." Tony says to the crew who look at him weirdly. He then covers his eye, looks around. "How does Fury do this?"

"He turns." Alayna answers.

Tony looks around the monitors and places a button size hacking implant under Fury's desk, without anyone but, Alayna noticing which she narrowed her eyes at wondering why. She could feel the ego dripping off of Tony so it wasn't that hard to know.

"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." Tony continues.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?"

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asks.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce said.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony says.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet."

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony says.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve says. Tony and Banner shake hands. A glimmer in their eyes shines as the mutual respect for each other shows. Alayna almost laughed at them.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"Thanks." Bruce said looking down, Alayna could feel the sadness radiating off him and pushed ease his way.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." Her father says walking the room.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon." Steve said, Alayna almost winced at the name.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Nick Fury says seething.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor says confused.

"I do! I understood that reference." Steve said proud, which made Alayna look at him with a grin, in which he blushes. Whilst Tony rolls his eyes.

"Shall we play, doctor?"

"Let's play some." As Banner and Tony walk out, Alayna looks at her hands while Steve stares at her from across the table, he then gets up and moves right next to her and grabs her hands, she flinches which doesn't go unnoticed by the captain.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Lunarrr!!!!!!!!!" a certain brunette screams out.

"Katie." Alayna says with a smile, as she felt someone ram into her back while Steve was still holding her hand surprised.

Alayna then stood and hugged the brown haired girl, which she hadn't seen in awhile.

Then she remembered Steve.

"Oh um...Steve, this is Katherine Stark, other known as Katie. Katie, this is Steve Rogers."

She introduces the two, the brunette who was previously hugging the blindfolded girl looked up to the iced super soldier and said one thing.

"Why are you so tall?"

"U-um I don't know." Steve said back, slightly amused by the youngest Stark. He had only seen Alayna smile like that with very few people, her father included.

"Well anyways I have to go bother my brother since I heard he was here, see ya!" and with that the brunette gave Alayna one last hug before she ran off.

The two were left in silence with each other which was broken by Alayna who said.

"I know that I seem a little off right now, but really I'm okay, and I know what your going to say that you think I'm lying and stuff like that but I'm not."

Steve was just silent.

He reached out for the girl and wrapped her into his embrace. Which they both found comforting.

"I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE!!!!

STEVE AND ALAYNA ARE JUST </3

TBH I REALLY LIKED THIS CHAPTER.

KATIE WILL BE MAKING MORE APPEARANCES IN THE FUTURE!!

HOPED YOU LIKED IT!!

~ MAYA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2K 58
Y/N Maximoff, the younger sibling of the Maximoff twins , Wanda and Pietro , was traumatised,tortured, experimented by hydra. The avengers found her...
3.3M 86.5K 74
Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille Romanoff has been deceased for the past f...
63.3K 2K 75
The aftermath of Ultron leaves many people in situations they thought they'd never find themselves. Two of the avengers very own find themselves in q...
387K 10.6K 38
She was dangerous. Her skills unmatched, her heart cold, her appearance innocent. She was beautiful, and if you kissed her, she would kill you. She b...