IN BLOOM ━━ h. granger¹

By frenchexits

i can't hide from you like i hide from myself hermione granger x fem!oc third year ↝ seventh year ... More

IN BLOOM
𝟬𝟬𝟬. halloween night
ACT 𝕴: a wound in salt
𝟬𝟬𝟭. the leaky cauldron
𝟬𝟬𝟮. the return to hogwarts
𝟬𝟬𝟯. the anatomy of fear
𝟬𝟬𝟰. hippogriff's flight
𝟬𝟬𝟱. the boggart
𝟬𝟬𝟲. property of padfoot
𝟬𝟬𝟳. october gloom
𝟬𝟬𝟴. flight of the fat lady
𝟬𝟬𝟵. in my arms
𝟬𝟭𝟬. sins of thy father
𝟬𝟭𝟭. strange encounters
𝟬𝟭𝟮. the marauder's map
𝟬𝟭𝟯. a madman
𝟬𝟭𝟰. family secrets
𝟬𝟭𝟱. spring flowers
𝟬𝟭𝟲. a second time
𝟬𝟭𝟳. bloom later
𝟬𝟭𝟴. the whomping willow
𝟬𝟭𝟵. the living and the dead
𝟬𝟮𝟬. puzzle pieces
𝟬𝟮𝟭. revelations
ACT 𝕴𝕴: fistful of stardust
𝟬𝟮𝟮. summer haze
𝟬𝟮𝟯. white dress
𝟬𝟮𝟰. cauldron bottoms
𝟬𝟮𝟱. perfect prefect
𝟬𝟮𝟲. bagman and crouch
𝟬𝟮𝟳. the world cup
𝟬𝟮𝟴. death eater havoc
𝟬𝟮𝟵. as summer fades out
𝟬𝟯𝟬. aboard the hogwarts express
𝟬𝟯𝟭. the triwizard tournament
𝟬𝟯𝟮. hermione's strange behavior
𝟬𝟯𝟯. the unforgivable curses
𝟬𝟯𝟰. madeleine lourdes
𝟬𝟯𝟱. the fourth champion
𝟬𝟯𝟳. the first task
𝟬𝟯𝟴. invisible string
𝟬𝟯𝟵. just like heaven
𝟬𝟰𝟬. partner in crime
𝟬𝟰𝟭. to breathe underwater
𝟬𝟰𝟮. moon song
𝟬𝟰𝟯. teenage dream
𝟬𝟰𝟰. cruel world
𝟬𝟰𝟱. come as you are
𝟬𝟰𝟲. the resurrection
𝟬𝟰𝟳. remember cedric
ACT 𝕴𝕴𝕴: burning effigies
𝟬𝟰𝟴. everything has changed
𝟬𝟰𝟵. in the dark
𝟬𝟱𝟬. grimmauld place
𝟬𝟱𝟭. unknown power

𝟬𝟯𝟲. haunted soul

1.2K 53 15
By frenchexits

chapter thirty six
( haunted soul )

THE SHOCK LEFT Jules restless when she tried to go to bed, and she found herself getting dressed past midnight, donning trousers and a cozy jumper Uncle Moony had gifted her, throwing her hair into messy plaits, pulling on thick woolen socks and her Dr. Martens. She hadn't seen Harry after his announcement, and had been ushered back to her common room, leaving her worried.

She found herself sneaking to the kitchens after making sure Juno was sound asleep on her bed, (he liked to roam the grounds, meaning she wouldn't see him for days at a time).

It was quiet as it usually was in the halls, and she managed to make her way all the way to the kitchens without getting caught, surprised to find someone in there. Aster was holding a cup of hot chocolate and reading, a platter of pastries and sandwiches on the table. A house-elf appeared with a pop. "Would you like something Miss Black?"

"Hot chocolate,  would be great," Jules smiled.

The elf nodded, and apparated over to a spot with a pop, busying herself in making the drink. "Hey!" Jules greeted. "Couldn't sleep?"

"No," Aster grumbled, carefully shutting the leather-bound book she has been poring over, Interpretation of Birth Charts Grade 6. A sixth year Divination text-book perhaps lent by Professor Trelawney. "How the hell did Harry get selected?"

Jules accepted the hot chocolate the elf brought over and slid across from Aster, who was also in a baggy jumper, though hers was paired with a long white skirt and oxfords. "You don't believe he put his name in, do you?"

Aster grinned wryly. "I'm not stupid Jules. He's not powerful enough to hoodwink a magical object."

"And you like him," Jules teased, a rosy blush flushing Aster's cheeks. "Is it the hair? The green eyes? The scar? Oh, the fame!"

"Stop!" Aster protested. "He's just cute. It's a little crush, and it's not like he is crushing back either. Doesn't he have a crush on the Weasley girl, Ginny?"

Jules sipped at her hot chocolate. "Snog him before you lose the chance. He's going to get real popular with some of the ladies soon."

Aster fidgeted with the silver locket she always wore, Jules finally getting a look at the pretty designs engraved into it, along with the initials S.M. and M.M. "Do you have a picture in there?"

"It was gifted to my mum, Stevie, from my mum Marlene for their year anniversary. I keep the picture from the day they adopted me in it, along with a picture of Aunt Mary, Winston, and the family cat, Ziggy," Aster said softly, opening it to show Jules. "This is Marlene," she said, pointing out a woman with wild blond hair holding a small baby up in the air, nose to nose. It was a wizarding photograph, so it moved, and as Marlene shifted, Stevie came into view, causing Jules to gasp.

"That's Stevie?" Jules asked, pressing a hand to her chest. The angular features, the dark hair, kind eyes, it was the woman who had been following her, a woman who she barely remembered. "Your mum?"

Aster's face softened. "I only remember bits and pieces. Lavender shampoo and cedar perfume. Aunt Mary buys me the exact shampoo mum, Marlene, used to use."

"That's your mum?"

"I just said yes," Aster muttered. "Something wrong?"

Jules stared as Stevie Monroe's form materialized next to Aster, the girl seeming unperturbed. Only Jules could see as she smiled, her fingers cradling her chin. "This is going to seem absolutely insane," Jules sighed. "But I've been seeing Stevie all around the castle, and in my room at home. She's not a ghost, this is something different."

Stevie smiled from beside Aster. "Tell her I'm proud of her."

"She says she's proud of you," Jules added.

Aster stared at Jules, her fingers shaking around her hot cocoa. "Tell her I love and miss her, and if mama is with her, that I give her all my love."

Stevie smiled, before melting into the kitchen surrounding them. Jules stared, her head beginning to pound like an alarm. Something was not right. No normal girl saw dead people just wandering around everywhere she went.

But she wasn't a normal girl. She was Juliet Black, heir to two powerful fortunes. She had researched the Black's and found no trace of anything innately powerful about them, besides their money, tendency to marry one-another, and the ensuing chaos of madness that followed them everywhere. Maybe that's what it was. Maybe Juliet Black was just like the rest of her family, blue-blood scorching her veins like fire and burning away the last traces of her sanity.

"Jules."

She snapped out of her trance, eyes focusing upon Aster's confused face. "M'okay," she stammered. "I think I'll go to bed, get a few hours of sleep."

"Jules-"  Aster stuttered.

"This is insane," she gasped. "This can't be happening oh-no."

"Jules!" Aster exclaimed, as the girl sprinted out of the door. Her voice was forceful, and punctuated the still night air, as she grabbed her friend and kept her from leaving. "Let's go to my common room, we can talk this out."

Jules was crying. There were streaks of black eyeliner and mascara running down her cheeks, and Aster pulled her into a tight hug. "We live in a world where people can turn into animals at will," she smiled softly. "You seeing my mum is nothing unusual I promise."

SHE HAD NEVER been so on edge, tense and ready to spring, wound-up tight as a clock. The rest of the weekend had saw her draw further into her shell, and she had returned to smoking incessantly, never seen without a cigarette in her hand, always smelling like the noxious gray fumes that surrounded her like a cloud.

Harry was on terrible terms with the entire school, besides his own house. Jules, Hermione, and Aster, continuously played as a buffer between Harry and Ron's childish bickering. Most Ravenclaws thought Harry had put his name in the goblet for extra fame, but Jules knew better. Harry hated his fame, despised the stares and the glares, a target pinned to his back since he was just a small boy. Most of the school had begun to wear badges that said Support Cedric Diggory, the Real Hogwarts Champion. When pressed, they lit up with the words, Potter Stinks.

Jules had hit Pansy with such a powerful Bat-Bogey hex, the girl had been sent to the hospital wing, when she suggested that Harry was going to die during the first minute of the first task during Astronomy. She'd gotten a hefty detention and been forced to write lines.

The worst of it was when Hermione was hit by Malfoy outside Potions with a hex that caused her front two teeth to grow out uncontrollably. She'd shrunk them a little too much to make them not so big anymore, which Jules didn't like. Hermione's slightly too big teeth were a big marker of her smile, and Jules loved her smile.

It was Juliet and Sirius's birthdays on November 3rd, but the whole occasion was lowkey. They sent each other presents, and Jules was pleased to receive some muggle pins for her satchel, and an heirloom ring from her parents. She and Hermione usually celebrated their birthdays together, just the two girls together in the Astronomy tower getting sick on sweets and cake, looking at the stars and giggling about stupid boys in their year. They had invited Aster this year, but she had politely declined, leaving the two of them together in an evening of bliss. Jules thought Hermione was the prettiest girl on the planet, even if she would never say it aloud, burying her attraction in the depths of her tar-black soul.

Ron and Harry continued to squabble as the first task drew closer. The most hilarious part was Harry's interview with Rita Skeeter insinuating that he and Hermione were an item. She might have flared slightly with jealousy at that, but had thrown her arms around his shoulders in a joking manner instead.

"So! I thought you only had eyes for me, darling Harry."

The Saturday before the first task, was a Hogsmeade weekend, and Harry refused to go without donning his invisibility cloak, so Jules and Hermione had looked rather strange as a pair together in the village. Aster seemed to be rather close to Ginny Weasley, putting a damper on Juliet's matchmaking plans. The taunts were ruthless to both Harry and Jules. A rumor had spread that she had put his name in the Goblet and was working for the dark lord.

Harry found out that the first task was dragons from Hagrid, sending the quartet of Jules, Hermione, Aster, and Harry, into the library, desperately trying to find a solution to his lack of magical knowledge in comparison to the other champions. They all started taking long walks to discuss the task, and Sirius's nerves about Harry being in the tournament.

The answer to his predicament was simple. The summoning charm. They spent days practicing until the Task, and when the morning of the task arrived, Jules was a bundle of nerves. Stevie had lingered in her dormitory last night, offering last minute advice for Harry, which Jules relayed, not disclosing the source of the information.

Tucked into the stands between Calliope and Hermione, she could feel a hum of excitement into the air. "Ladies and Gentlemen!" Ludo Bagman exclaimed with a flourish. "May I present, the first task of the Triwizard tournament!"

Harry, you better not get eaten by a dragon.

( AUTHOR NOTE )
hope you enjoyed <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

On God? By maple

Fanfiction

546K 21.3K 54
"On God?" "What in Merlin's name does that even mean?" in which a girl from 2020 somehow gets sucked into a book I DO NOT OWN THE HARRY POTTER UNIV...
5.3K 301 15
in which estrella consuelas finds herself holding harry potter's heart in her hands and realises what it's like to mean something to someone ...
542K 14.6K 56
❝ PEOPLE ANNOY ME, DIGGORY. ESPECIALLY PEOPLE LIKE 𝘠𝘖𝘜. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ༊*·˚ 💫 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐲 in which a girl that lacks manners, prejudice t...
158K 4.7K 106
it wasn't love at first sight but i loved you nonetheless HARRY POTTER [ third year - post war] harry potter x oc