Her domain: A Slugterra Story

بواسطة LowkeyPrettyHigh

"You can't do this to me?! I made you this! I MADE you who you are!" For once the shamrock glow in her eyes s... المزيد

Acquainted Imposter
Waited Arouseness
A Toast To Uprising Disaster
Adequate Slingshots
A Game Of Cat and Mouse
Unspoken Words
Unsolved Feelings
A Change Of Perspective
Task Failed Successfully
The Slugrun
Tension

Shortlived Tranquil

287 8 13
بواسطة LowkeyPrettyHigh

Coming home and getting ready for bed was all that she wanted.

And food.

Can't forget food.

I would do anything for a sandwich right now. Her mouth watered, relishing at her own thoughts.

Her eyes casted down to her bed she currently layed on, which was at that moment too comfortable to move.
Yeahhh maybe later..

Her discourser beeped a message, the tiny red light glowing from it.

She popped open the icon showing a picture the twins took at the pub along with her in their booth. Nevertheless it was evident with the grim on her face in the picture that she didn't want to be a part of it.

Below there was a message from Twist.

Banana head: I feel betrayed.

A hummed chuckle escaped her lips on his text. As well as the name she'd tagged on him, it humored her everytime.

Her lips soon grazed a smile as she texted him back.

: You were busy.

Banana head: So you went with the twins instead? Like seriously them out of all people?

She couldn't help the roll of her eyes at his derisive remarks.

: Quit whining. I'ill treat you to dinner how about that.

Banana head: Fair enough, I was in the mood for mushroom lasagna anyways. Better start making plans.

He knows I don't like lasagna. She could almost feel the teasing smirk on his face while writing that message.

: I was thinking about grilled cheese sandwiches at the cafe?

Banana head: Well you bought my vote on that one! Who's needs lasagna anyways?

"That idiot." Her smile widened, feeling thrilled, knowing she had persuaded him with his own shot.

: So see you there?

Banana head: Yeah, later.

Lena jumped out of her bed and stridded towards her dresser. Brushing her hair and tying it in her usual signature ponytail.

Before leaving her room she darted her attention towards her small creatures, mentally taking note if they were all there.

She surely knew they would start thrashing her room as soon as she would leave. They were small but huge troublemakers.

The cafe was on the ground floor which lead her to walk around the citadel and using the elivator to make her way there.

Upon entering she was greeted by Twist leaning against the wall in all his glory, his eye casted at others operatives scattered around the room.

"Hey blondie," She mused. "You don't look like a corpse today."

The blank expressions he held upon her words like he was totally done with his life, had her trying to control the chortle that desperately wanted to escape her throat.

"Geez thanks. And you look like you've washed your face today."

"Why thank you, I try my best everytime." She took a small bow with a grin now playing on her face.

"Well?" He gestured towards the kitchen. "The chef isn't gonna listen to me for such an order so get your butt in there and get me a sandwich." She felt his hands pushing her back in the aimed direction.

"Fine fine, I'm going!"

"Add extra cheese in mine!" He yelled from behind causing her to cringe at his loud voice.

---------------------

"You look awfully in a good mood today."

He glanced at her, mouth full of food as he swallowed it whole and gave her a boyish grin.

"Well I am getting to eat grilled cheese, why wouldn't I be happy?" He replied biting into his other half sandwich with a satisfied smile.

Her breath stuttered at his grin. Realising those momentary features were quite rare. Her own lips etched up.
He sure loves his cheese. Lena mused

"So, what have you been up to?"

The talk about their whereabouts continued, filling in with eachother about their past days. Occasionally making puns here and about.

The hour passed by before they knew it and Lena excused herself for taking a shower and wearing some clean clothes since the sticky material of her juice that accidentally slipped through her hands made her itch.

She jogged towards her room and strodded to her closet.

Hmm its been a while since I've wore chambray. Finding a clean pair of jeans and white short sleeves chambray she grabbed them and got ready to jump in the shower.

But before she could her eyes landed on the sliver metal, glinting on her wrist.

Oh almost forgot about this

Pulling the bracelet off her wrist she placed it on her desk and strodded to the bathroom.

The hot steamed water was all what she yearned to relax. The burning sensation on her skin felt pleasantly warm to her.

The days were usually hot and alarming while the temperature drops down when the night arises.

It had already been evening and the light outside had grown dim to the dusk.

Finished with her showering she wrapped a towel around her body and open the bathroom's door.

Only to vocalise a small squeal that escaped her lips, but she quickly suppressed it before it became audible enough.

The golden headed boy was laying flat back in her bed while her bracelet dangled from his fingers.
She knew he had noticed her presence, but his turquoise eyes stayed glued the the jewelry his hands held.

"How the hell did you get in?"

"From the door obviously." His unamused remark left with an idiomatic tone, while he himself kept fidgeting the bracelet with his fingers.

I swear sarcasm is always pooling out of this nimrod. Rolling her eyes she leaned against the door frame of her washroom, slumping her shoulders down.

"You should've locked it." His gaze darted towards her, and she could tell he was serious by the sternness in his tone.

"Anyone like me could've just walked in without a second thought."

Feeling lightly abashed by his words, her posture soon began to tense up again while her gaze narrowed at him. "Well any other normal person would've knocked first, unlike you dumbass."

A feeling of satisfaction pitted inside of her when she noted his lips pressed in a thin line, knowing she was right.

"Now would you mind leaving? I need to change." She forced the words out, feeling like she shouldn't even have said it and he should've taken a hint as soon as she walked out.

"Don't flatter yourself, I'm not looking." He replied turning his gaze back on the small jewelry. His lips soon twitched up in a small smirk.

A groan escaped her throat and she threw a nearby shirt she found at him. "Leave or I'll kick your lazy butt out myself, your choice. And I don't suppose you'll prefer the latter."

He caught the cloth in his other hand while a chuckle escaped his mouth.
"Fine." He lifted himself off the bed.

Her eyes trailed his moving figure but before he reached the door, his feet resolved in her direction, striding towards her without much of a word.

Sensing his sudden approach her body instinctively took a small step back. Eyes opening wide while her hand faintly raised up.

Stopping at small distance away, he gazed down at her curious expressions.

"What? Is there something on my face? Its not like you're so good looking either." She scoffed, lips pursed down in a small frown.

But soon the feeling of her heartbeat accelerated, when his upcurved lips displayed a genuine light of tenderness in them.

The sight had her mouth faintly parted in awe, as she gazed up at him, his turquoise eyes locking upon her verdant ones.

She didn't even notice him moving, mesmerized by the unusual soft shade his crystal blue eyes held then. And the graceful sincere smile etched on his lips.

Her hand felt his rough calloused skin enveloping it, the warmth it radiated had her knees feeling weak.

Her hoisted up her hand before gently slipping the bracelet on her wrist.

"It suits you."

Rasped his voice.

And before she could utter out any complete words, he gave her hand a light squeeze before leaving through the door.

Her own breath hitched when she took in his previous actions, temperature rising though her body while a red tint coated her cheeks and neck.

That knucklehead. She shook her head in amusement while gazing at the mettalic chain on her wrist. He surprises me everytime.

A few hours had passed and it was almost midnight when there was a knock on her door.

Leona, holding one of her books in her hand snapped her attention to the door, wondering who could want something from her at this hour.

"Lena?"

Maurice voice muffled through the door.

Her eyes slightly widened and she jumped off her bed and opened the door.

"You didn't need to get up and open the door for me, I'm just here to deliver a message."

She gave a stiff smile. He was right but she had always respected him and was fond of his elderly manner that he only had registered for her.

"What is it Maurice?"

"Dr Blakk wants to see you."

The colours drained from her face upon his words. While her grip on the door's handle subconsciously tightened.

"Oh, w-what could he want with me this late night hour." She tried to keep her voice as calm and collected as possible.

A small frown formed on Maurice lips. He knew the effect he had on her. Too bad she couldn't hide it well.

"Its better if you go see yourself, he's in his office."

With a silent nod she moved away from the doors and started heading at the required direction.

Maurice taking the opposite path and going on his own way.

Her hands now feeling the chill around them as she rubbed her palms against eachother. With each every step it felt like the weight of her feet trying to hault her grew.

Seriously why am I so anxious? I haven't done anything wrong..... so far.

Maybe he wants to spend some time with me? Her lips broke out in a quivering smile. Yeah.. yeah that could be possible.

She didn't realize she had reached his doors till her feet subconsciously stopped.

Taking a deep breath she entered his office, making sure to close the door from behind just how he likes it.

"Dr Blakk, sir.. you wanted to see me?"

Blakk hadn't bothered to look up to meet his daughter's eyes as he kept his gaze on the paper work on his desk.

"Yes indeed. I wanted to ask you something, Leona."

Her full name being called by him sent shivers down her spine, in an unpleasant manner if to be precise.

"I had been informed that you, Locke and Load were at East Rift today. Is that true?"

His voice was surprisingly calm while Lena only wanted the walls to somehow swallow her.

Her palms became sweaty and her mind kept scolding herself for such foolish and rash moves she pulled today.

"H-How did you find out though?"

"Apart from the fact that I know everything there is to know, a pub's owner contacted Maurice today asking for his payment for the building that apparently you three destroyed at East Rift."

"Oh haha, yeah, about that.." She rubbed her arms, afraid to hold his menacing gaze.

"And not just that, you chose to ride on Phantom out of all vehicles!"

His fist slammed on the desk and his voice harshly rose, making her visibly flinch.

"What if it had gotten damaged, do you know how much it cost? Surely I expected this behaviour from the twins but not from you." His narrowed dark green eyes made her daunt when she tried glancing at him.

"I'm..I'm sorry."

Her voice came out so tiny she wasn't even sure he heard it.

"Upon this act I would've surly grounded you for a month but," He leaned back on his chair and relaxed his shoulders.

"I am needed to go to the Anatomy cavren to hold a bargain with Mr Lockwood tomorrow afternoon. But it seems there has been a leakage issue at my dark water plant in Breakline cavren that requires my attention."

He glanced at her again, only for her to lower her gaze. A feeling of satisfaction placed within him.

"I want you to sign some contracts with Mr Lockwood since I'll be busy dealing with that matter tomorrow." He continued.

"This contract is very important. Incase of an outsider attack, I'm assigning you with Behemoth and his troop."

He finished and Lena could do nothing but obey.

"I will."

She forced out the words. She didn't want to. She never want to. But Blakk would always send her on operations so that she could learn, his ways.

"But.. what if he denies your conditions."

"You know what to do if that happens." He spoke in a tone which made it quite obvious and left no room for discussion.

The nod later on was as forced as her urge to let out a whimper. The blasters, the ghouls, the slingings, the wounds, the crys. All the things she never wanted to face but had no choice.

A few seconds of silence passed debating on weather to ask him about the intel she got that day.

"I.. I heard that you ghouled those Crystalyds to stop the mine work at Herringbone."

He cocked his eyebrow, not expecting to hear about such thoughts from her.

"Yes?"

"W-Well I mean the quarry was the source income there. Don't you think.. we could be a little lenient on them and let them use their mines as well? I mean we have control over so many others."

Before she had the time to reconsider, a scowl made its way on his lips. And he shook his head as if disappointed in what she said.

She couldn't understand why he would react that way. Wasn't she right, didn't the miners had any say in it? Blakk was being too harsh on them.

"Its non of your little brain to concern with. Dismissed."

It wasn't like the behaviour was rare for her. She'd experienced it her entire life.
But it stung everytime with a different kind of hurt.

The look in her pained eyes were convincing enough for anyone to take pity, but the one who she'd want to take notice wouldn't even glance at her direction.

"But-"

"Leona you are dismissed, I will not repeat myself."

She inhaled a sharp breath, pursing her lips together to seal her tongue. Her hands clenching up.

She turned back towards the door and opened it.

"I apologize, good night... father."

The doors closed engulfing the citadel in a cold echoing silence.

With Lena rubbing her arms back and forth in order to find some warmth while she headed towards her room to get rest. And most probably not letting herself tear up in her bed.

Well there weren't any tear left to shed.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

131K 1.3K 86
"That's it, baby," he continues, his tone almost soothing, despite the filth spilling from his lips. "Take my cock. Take all of it." Baby. My belly f...
19.7K 306 31
Alexander Shane is the younger sister of Eli Shane by two years and their mother swears that if she didn't give birth to them she would swear they we...
38.8K 1.3K 65
"Goodbye Ales, wait for me. I promise, we will meet again." ... She thought her life could not get any worse after her childhood crush mysteriously l...
18.6K 363 21
Never had the two thought they'd cross each other's paths again. Eli Shane and his childhood friend are reunited in the world of Slugterra, making ne...