Afsaana (โœ”)

By rajoriyawrites

Short stories . Along with songs . More

Author's note
๐Ÿ’ Intezaar โœ”
๐Ÿ’ 
๐Ÿ’ 
๐Ÿ’ 
*Waqt*โœ”
**
**
**
**
โ— Noor โœ”
โ—
โ—
โ—
**
โ—
Bonus Chapter!!
โ—ŒFamily Treeโ—Œ
โ—ŒSukoonโ—Œโœ”
โ—Œ
โ—Œ
โ—Œ
โ—Œ
โ—Œ
Bonus!(Sukoonโ—Œ)
Bonus!! (Fizaah&Omar)
โ˜Thodi derโ˜โœ”
โ˜โ˜
โ„F&Aโœ”
โ„
โ„
โ„
โ„ {bonus}
๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•
Graphics!
A new book

๐Ÿ’•Arshad ki Kashafโœ”

7.8K 304 14
By rajoriyawrites

Kashaf sighed as she looked at the Mathematics book again. Her mind wasn't here. It was somewhere else. Lost in the cries echoing in the house. Her almond eyes kept flickering to the door that was locked from outside, keeping the loud sounds from reaching her, but it wasn't possible. Not when the cries were of her own mother for her own blood. But there wasn't any tear in her eyes. They have dried, taking a form of anger that was swirling in her dark orbs.

Knowing the problems in her life were bigger than the one in mathematics book, she threw the brown covered book on the hard wood table, which sat down with a bang.

She took her dupatta from the chair and moved to the door.

" Sarwat bhabhi darwaza kholein, bahir aana hai mujhe. ", she yelled, as her palms slapped the door loudly.

(Sarwat bhabhi open the door, I have to come out.)

" Kashaf, tum andar hi raho. Amma ne mana kiya hai darwaza kholne ko. "

(Kashaf, stay inside. Amma has asked not to open the door.)

" Bhabhi agar aapne darwaza na khola toh main khidki ke raaste aa jaungi. "

(If you do not open the door, then I will come through the window.)

" Pagal ho gayi ho tum! ", Sarwat hastily opened the door, coming face to face with the girl, whose eyes have gone bloodshot. Her pink Salwar Kameez looked like it has come from the pot. Her dark hair disheveled from the amount of times she ran her hands through them.

(Have you gone mad!)

" Kya karun aap sun hi nahi rahin thi. ", she muttered moving out from under her arm.

(What should I do, you were not listening.)

" Dekho tum choti ho tumhara jaana sahi nahi hai wahan. ", Sarwat held the her elbow, resisting her from going downstairs.

(Look you are young, it is not right to go there.)

" Ismein main choti hun, baaki har cheez mein badi hun. Huh? ", Kashaf's eyes flashed with anger.

(For this I am young and for other things I m old. huh?)

Sarwat looked away from her.

" Chorain mujhe. ", she snatched her arm from her grip and ran down the stairs, her feet taking her to her dadi's room, where all the elders sat surrounding her mother, who was crying on her mother-in-law's chest, her dainty body heaving with sobs.

(Leave me.)

Without speaking a word to anyone, she sat behind her mother, wounding her arms around her torso and placing her forehead on her mother's shawl clad head.

Her mother looked at her daughter, who looked in the worst state she has ever seen.

" Ab tumhari khala ka kya hoga meri jaan? ", she cried clutching her daughter's hands.

(What will happen to your aunt now, my dear?)

" Amma chup ho jayein, agar aap apni aisi halat rakhengi toh khala ko kon sahara dega, unke aapki bhot zaroorat hai. ", Kashaf embraced her mother, who looked at her with teary gaze.

(Amma quiet down, if you keep crying this way, then who will support Khala, she needs you, a lot.)

" Main use dard mein kese dekhungi amma! ", Amina Aqib placed her head on her mother in law's shoulder, her eyes gazing at her daughter, who was barely 10 years younger than her sister.

(How will I see her in pain, Amma!)

The sister who was like her own daughter than a sibling. A sister who is now divorced with 1 boy and another child on the way. A woman who was cheated by her husband. It was all too terrifying for Amina Aqib. And now when she even thought about her broken face, she trembled.

" Amina sambhalo khudko, apna huliya durust karo aur chalo hum Sanam aur bachon ko lene chal rhe hain. Kashaf sahi keh rahi hai agar vo tumhe aisi halat mein dekhegi toh vo khud bikher jayegi. "

(Take care of yourself, fix yourself and let's go pick up Sanam and the kids. Kashaf is right, if sanam sees you in this condition she would shatter.)

Aqib Riyasat Ali said to his wife in a firm voice, his eyes also swarming with anger and pity.

Amina's light brown orbs widened before she nodded with glassy eyes and stood up with the help of Kashaf and her sister-in-law who was sitting beside her.

" Aao Amina araam se. ", Sabeeha Murad said placing her hand on her sister-in-law's back.

(Come Amina, Careful.)

Kashaf saw as her tayi took her mother to her room to get her ready. Her dark orbs landing on her father's dark ones, who looked at his daughter with pain and fear.

Who said it's easy to be the father of a daughter.

Yesterday only he has talked about the many proposals coming for his girl with the family, although he had said that he was considering them jokingly knowing they will not do that, and now a few hours ago they received the painful shock of divorce of the sister, who he himself had held the holy Quran over her head during the rukhsati.

" Baba. ", Kashaf whispered as she placed her head on her father's chest as her mind when to the talks of yesterday.

" Fiker mat karo beta, allah sab thik karega. ", the man patted her head, but the words he was trying to make sound reassuring came out unsure. It was not that he does not have faith in his creator, but the worst has already happened and the fear has settled in his chest for his daughter.

(Don't worry , Allah will make everything right.)

...

It was nearing the time Isha, just a few minutes and the Azaan call would be heard. The sun has set long ago and the dark sky was glittering with stars, but there was no moon today.

Kashaf was pacing in the living room, the pazebs of her making light sounds as she moved from one end to the other end of the carpet. Her hair now tied tightly in the bun, her pink creased salwar suit now changed into a simple white one with the black dupatta on her left shoulder while her olive skin has flushed with impatience and her constant pacing.

" Sarwat bhabhi itni der kyun lag rahi hai insab ko aane mein! "

(Sarwat bhabhi why is it taking so long for everyone to come!)

Kashaf burst out, looking at her sister-in-law, who got startled and looked at her with wide eyes before looking down at her son, who stirred on her lap. The clinking of pazebs had worked like a lullaby for the little one.

" Kashaf araam se, Bilal uth jaata toh? "

(Relax. Had Bilal woken up then?)

" Maaf karein bhabhi, par mujhe fiker ho rahi hai. "

(Sorry sister-in-law, but I am worried.)

" Kashaf beta fiker mat karo, voh log yaha jald hi phonchenge inshallah. Tum mere sath chalo, Arshad aur Akram aate hi honge office se, unke liye chai bana dete hain. Aur haan un dono ko abhi kuch bataya nahi hai, jab aayenge tab uhhe khud pata chal jayega. "

(Don't worry, Kashaf Beta, they will arrive here soon Inshallah. You come with me, Arshad and Akram will be coming from the office, we should make tea for them. And yes, both of them have not been told anything yet, when they come, they will come to know themselves.)

" Aayi tayi ji. ", Kashaf moved behind her, adjusting her dupatta on her shoulders.

(Coming tayi ji.)

And trying to keep herself calm, well as much as she could.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320 6 65
A collection of short stories with the genre mainly being romance... DISCLAMER: ** Currently editing These stories are stand-alones and are easy read...
156K 6.6K 14
Short stories. You will find some cliche and some not very cliche stories.
375K 16.6K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...
724K 31.7K 41
โ™•๏ธŽ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌโ™•๏ธŽ