DEVIL'S CRY ━━ Jason Todd (En...

By veingeances

πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹'𝐒 π‚π‘π˜ ❝You want revenge, and that's something I can't give you.❞ 𝐎liv... More

βͺDEVIL'S CRY❫
βͺPLAYLIST: FEMALE ROBBERY❫
βͺACT ONE: DAMNED GODS❫
o. the before
i. the new member
ii. jason todd for you
iii. the enemy's move
iv. the disappearance of robin
v. the tragedy
βͺACT TWO: LOST SOULS❫
vi. six villains and one liar
vii. scarecrow's plan
viii. the arkham what?
ix. a missing friend
x. where to shoot
xi. a stupid clue
xii. a loss and a hero
xiii. the cloudburst
xiv. the real you
xv. this battle ends now
βͺSPECIAL THANKS❫

xvi. knightfall protocol

2.4K 92 22
By veingeances

TWO SOULS,
chapter sixteen: knightfall protocol!

          OLIVIA DIDN'T CARE THAT JASON TODD CHASED HER THROUGHOUT GOTHAM CITY. Actually, it seemed like a kind of revenge after playing cat and mouse all this time. The two vigilantes headed to the movie studios, where they found an entire empty space. Upon landing on the main platform, Olivia started for the studios' barred door, but Jason stopped her - clearly tugging at her uninjured arm.

          "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked.

          "Uh, in case you haven't noticed, there's a psycho on the loose trying to bring down Gotham City," the Wayne girl replied before rolling her eyes. "And one of my partners is locked up there. So, you have two options here: Either you help me with this or you step aside. You choose."

          Olivia continued walking down the stairs and toward the front door. Jason, for his part, crossed his arms - trying, as if he were a 5-year-old child, to make a whim - but realized that Olivia wouldn't mind that at all. The blond-haired girl was able to ignore any tantrum that occurred to her, and at that very moment she was ignoring it. What could he lose with that? Besides having the infallible opportunity to meet his successor in person, he had nothing to lose - so he walked quickly towards the blonde and they both crossed the threshold of the entrance. They took the elevator into the movie studios and the dark-haired boy saw that nothing had changed since the last time.

          "Bruce didn't update the security systems in his hiding places," Jason said, leaning against one of the walls.

          "Is that why it was so easy for you to go to the Clock Tower?" The blonde girl asked, glancing at Todd.

          "I had my tricks, princess," he murmured before smiling. "So... Who is my replacement?"

          "You have to stop calling him your replacement."

          "But he's my replacement, am I wrong?"

          Olivia bit her lip and tried to put it another way. "Let's say it's a Robin who learned Batman's true identity on his own and came together through desperate measure when Batman's real Robin was kidnapped by a sick clown."

          "Are you fucking with me, Olivia?" He teased, mimicking the blonde's voice. "'Cause this isn't funny!"

          Olivia glared at him. "Yeah, I'm serious, you idiot. Your successor is a bloody detective and a genius of logic, he was helping Batman to find you."

          "And his name is...?"

          "Oh, you'll ask that yourself."

          The elevator reached the floor they indicated and the doors were opened for them, the young woman ran towards the main wing where the cells were located - however, she stopped when she saw the lifeless bodies of those infected with the Joker's blood. When approaching one of them, she discovered that they all had a shot in the head. Jason approached the body of an old man, whom Olivia knew as Henry, who had a bullet in his head and the gun was at the side.

          "What happened here?" He asked.

          "Henry killed them all," Olivia replied and walked over to Jason. "All of these people were infected with the Joker's blood and Robin was looking for a cure for all of them."

          "Then Barbara wasn't lying," said the blue-eyed boy as he stood up. "You are also infected."

          "Unfortunately, yes."

          Olivia looked for Tim with her eyes, but looking in the direction of the cell that would belong to her after all this was over there was something. In the last cell she found a creepy painted face and inside of it were lying things - showing signs of struggle. If Tim was locked in one of them...

          No.

          No, no, no, no.

          "Fucking hell, Bruce!" She cursed out loud.

          "Woah, woah, calm down."

          "Scarecrow has Robin," Olivia said, turning to look at Jason. "Batman locked up Robin so that he would not interfere with Scarecrow's plans because otherwise he would get hurt. And... he told him that he lost Barbara, she and Robin are a couple."

          Jason was about to speak, but another voice rose from the screens.

          "My, my, were you looking for your partner?" Scarecrow asked from the main screen. "I'm afraid it's too late, but at least you were able to get an ally."

          "What do you want, Crane?"

          The laugh Jonathan Crane gave was too dark for Olivia herself, so she took a deep breath and stepped forward.

          "What have you done with Robin?"

          "That doesn't matter anymore," the villain replied with complete amusement. "Right now, your mentor is coming to his search and everyone will see how the Dark Knight will collapse in fear in front of millions."

          "Not if we can help it."

          "Well, I wish you the best of luck, gentlemen."

          The transmission was cut off and the Wayne girl was silent. Coming up with a plan was off limits, as Olivia guessed her father was already on his way to find his partner Tim, so... What would be the most sensible plan to catch Crane?

          "If you had a Robin and you wanted your greatest enemy to chase you to a place you don't know..." She looked at Jason. "Where would you go?"

          Jason stared at the blonde and for a moment, just for a moment, he stopped to think about it. If he was Scarecrow, where would he go? Probably to an abandoned place, where no one would think to go looking - isolated and desolate, the perfect place to kill someone. Olivia clicked her tongue and raised an eyebrow at Jason. The blue-eyed boy frowned and licked his lips, trying to figure out where the enemy would likely isolate Robin and call Batman to go find him.

          It wasn't that difficult for him to guess.

          The only place Bruce never looked was Arkham Asylum.

          "Dammit."

          "What?"

          "Scarecrow took Robin to Arkham Asylum."

          "You're kidding."

          "Bruce never came looking for me in Arkham and I was there, that was the only place he didn't go to investigate," Jason replied and pointed to the blonde's gauntlet. "Ask Alfred if he has the location of Bruce's suit."

          She nodded and touched the final button on her gauntlet, attempting to communicate with Pennyworth. The butler of the house appeared in a hologram and Olivia smiled when she saw him. "Mistress Wayne, I was wondering when you would call again. Are you okay?"

          "I'm better, Alfred," the blonde replied and pointed at Todd, addressing him. "And I am escorted."

          When Alfred looked at the Todd boy, he smiled in the most genuine way and felt a deep sadness that the boy had grown so much during his absence. Jason also smirked. "Hey, Alfie."

          "You have no idea how happy it makes me to see you, master Todd. You had been missed in this house."

          "I don't doubt that, Alfred."

          "Have you talked to my father, Al?" Olivia asked.

          "Judging from your position, I suppose you have noticed that Gordon, Phantom and Robin are with Crane," the butler replied and nodded. "Scarecrow asked Batman to surrender so he could keep both of them alive. I suggest you stay out of your way, miss."

          Phantom.

          Oh, damn.

          Atlas had also been captured.

          "Damn it, Eisley," Olivia muttered through her teeth. "Tell me you have the exact location of the suit," the blonde replied seriously. "I can't let Scarecrow win, Alfie. He has my friends and he will kill my father."

          "I was afraid you were going to say something like that, mistress Olivia," Pennyworth replied without sounding surprised, he looked at Jason. "There is no chance of taking her away from all this, right?"

          "I'm sorry, Alfred," Jason replied, looking at Olivia. "But Liv is a pretty tough nut to crack and will never give up on the family."

          Alfred Pennyworth nodded, before starting to press various buttons on the keyboard "Judging from the above position, Master Wayne entered a warehouse where a truck exited in the direction of Arkham Asylum."

          "How will we get there?"

          "May I suggest using the spare version of the Batmobile?"

          "Wait, wait," Jason said confused. "Is there a replacement for the fucking Batmobile?"

          "I'm sending the vehicle to your location, Mistress Wayne," the butler replied and nodded. "Because the Arkham Knight destroyed the first model, we always have a spare one. I trust you will make good use of it, miss. The coordinates are already set."

          "Thanks, Alfred."

          "I wish you the best of luck."

          Olivia cut off and Jason leaned back in the cell, folding his arms and eyeing her warily. She smiled and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

          "So I have to assume you drove the Batmobile..."

          "Yup."

          "And Bruce let you?"

          "Yup."

          "Just you?"

          "Just me," Olivia replied, smiling sideways. "And to answer your next question: No, I'm not going to let you drive the Batmobile."

          "Oh, come on!"

          The two vigilantes exited the movie studios and headed for the new vehicle, hurtling toward the new coordinates: Arkham Asylum. The only thing Jason didn't realize was that Olivia Wayne grabbed the gun that Henry used.

━━━━━━━━

          The white Batmobile was moving at high speed along the road that led to Arkham Asylum and Jason couldn't be so nervous at that moment, but saving his mentor was paramount for both and more knowing the true intentions of Jonathan Crane. The short-haired boy glanced at the blonde, trying to decipher his face. However, he realized that Olivia had radically changed in terms of sentimentality: she was no longer an open book as he thought and that frightened him for a moment.

          On the other hand, Olivia communicated with Barbara when they got into the Batmobile with Jason and reflected her eternal gratitude to the damn universe for not seeing her in a body bag. Barbara was also happy and relieved to see her well, as well as to see Jason next to her - as before. The red-haired girl told her that she saw a videotape at Atlas's last location and that he was in the same building where she was held when Jason went to capture her. Olivia assumed that he was looking for her and that he was discovered by the militia soldiers - Gordon told her that in the video he was being beaten up and dragged into a vehicle that sent him to Arkham Asylum.

          Damn idiot, Olivia thought.

          But that didn't stop her from continuing to drive.

          She could only count the minutes until she could get there and finish with the final act of the night. She wondered mentally how that could come out: normal, bad or good, but with tragedy. She preferred not to go ahead with it and stood with one hand on the wheel, staring straight ahead. Jason suddenly took her hand and she turned to look at him.

          "Everything will be fine."

          "Will it?"

          Jason pursed his lips, not knowing more to say.

          Olivia stared ahead, watching the great asylum loom up in front of her and the entrance was open. Upon entering, they managed to take down all the soldiers with the weapons of the Batmobile and made their way into the asylum, passing through the abandoned place - looking for the possible place where Bruce and the rest of the team were. Following Bruce's suit tracker, they both entered a large wing, immediately hiding. Olivia peeked out and saw Tim Drake and Atlas Eisley tied up, completely beaten up, and Jim Gordon next to them.

          Shit, shit.

          Bruce was tied to a stretcher, held against his will, without his weapons to defend himself. Olivia had never been so scared. She had to have a plan, she had to make a quick plan. But... what another alternative was left?

          A distraction.

          A revelation.

          Anything could happen at that moment.

          She looked at Jason. "Whatever happens..." she murmured. "I love you, Jason Todd."

          "Huh, wow..."

          "Forgive me."

          She came out of hiding and Jason tried to call her out, but Olivia Wayne had revealed her position.

          "Are you ready?" The villain asked.

          "This won't end the way you think, Crane!" Olivia exclaimed, coming down the stairs.

          Scarecrow turned suddenly, looking at the girl in the bat costume, her blond hair falling to her shoulders and the red bat clinging to her chest. She glared at the maniac and stood firmly in place as she stepped onto the first step. Even though her shoulder really hurt, she decided to ignore it for the moment.

          "Oh, so we also have Batgirl's share."

          Olivia rolled her eyes. "You're the worst villain ever."

          "You've arrived just in time for the show, my dear," Crane replied and turned to Batman. "Let's stop making bravado. It's late. I don't care who you are, but they don't." He pointed to the multiple screens that were next to him. "I'm going to steal their hope. When they look you in the eye, they will blame you... Failure will have a name and a face."

          Failure will have a name and a face.

          Olivia gasped and felt her hair stand on end. Scarecrow turned and placed the camera in front of Batman "Mr. Gordon, I'd like you to do the honors."

          "Never. I no longer follow your orders."

          Scarecrow drew his gun and fired at Tim, who grunted in pain, Olivia screamed and ran over to Crane, pulling out the gun she had stolen from Henry at the movie studios and aiming resiliently at Crane's head. Jason wondered where she had gotten it from, but remained silent, readying his sniper rifle.

          "Enough, Crane," the blonde muttered angrily. "Put the gun down."

          Gordon and Atlas approached Tim, who howled in pain. The commissioner glared at the villain "Bastard!

          "Take off that mask."

          "You have five seconds to drop the gun," Olivia said through her teeth. "DROP YOUR GUN NOW!"

          Crane turned his head to look at her. "Shoot, if you're not afraid of taking a life."

          Olivia took a deep breath and felt her pulse shudder, feeling the adrenaline rush and fear so deep in her heart was inevitable - inevitable the fact that they could discover Batman's identity, that they could kill Tim or Atlas with a worthless bullet or that Crane could be the winner of all and win that war. Was Olivia afraid of taking a life? Sure, it did and having the power to pluck one off with a single flick of the fingers was completely overwhelming. She felt the agony and looked at her mentor, who was waiting expectantly for what his protégé was about to do.

          Olivia Wayne had suffered for a long time.

          And her great enemy was in front of her.

          Was Olivia Wayne afraid of taking a life?

          Of course, she was.

          But for Crane, this was something more personal.

          Olivia pulled the trigger.

          Bruce waited for the noise of the cannon, but seeing that the bullet cartridge was empty, he managed to release the air that he apparently contained. Crane was quick and used his gun to hit Olivia's head and she was caught between the enemy's arms - the gun's barrel against her temple. She dropped the gun and stayed still. Scarecrow, no longer patient, looked at Gordon.

          "Take off that mask or my next bullet will kill her!"

          Bruce looked at Jim "It's okay."

          "No!" Olivia exclaimed in terror. "Don't do it!"

          "You know what it implies," said the commissioner.

          "It's the end," Batman said and looked at Olivia. "I'm done here, I won't lose anyone else."

          "No..."

          Jim approached the big bat. "When they find out who you are, there will be no hiding."

          "You have to trust me, Jim."

          Jonathan Crane unlocked the gun. "Now!"

          Olivia shed tears and watched as the commissioner removed Batman's mask, revealing the man who took care of her for so many years. Olivia watched as Batman revealed herself to the world and how he fell on them, in solid pieces of stone, murdering anyone who was by her side. She cried for everyone, for Alfred, for Barbara, for Dick, for Tim, for Jason, for Jim, and finally for Bruce Wayne.

          It was too late.

          "Wayne?" Scarecrow asked. "Bruce Wayne?"

          He released Olivia and she fell to the ground, she sobbed silently as Crane filled his syringes with his toxin. "Now the world can see you as you really are. A naked legend. Without power. Human. Fearful."

          He rammed his syringes into Bruce's chest and Olivia screamed with such fury that she ran towards him, pulling him away from her mentor and all she saw was red. Atlas trying to get out of his tight handcuffs, Gordon trying to keep Tim Drake alive, Bruce fighting his fears and she, she was just ready to die.

          The sudden incessant pain against her abdomen was too much to stop her at once, and she heard Crane's shot at her long after, followed by the screams of Bruce, Atlas, and Jason. So, she dropped back into that black hole, and this time, she did crash onto the concrete floor.

━━━━━━━━

          Olivia Wayne woke up in a white room, two days after confronting Jonathan Crane. Her confusion was immense and her fear was too - but seeing Jason, Dick, Tim, Atlas and Barbara next to her was very comforting. She wore a hospital gown, while the rest of her teammates wore their respective outfits, except for Barbara. She groaned and the group's conversation stopped when they saw that the blond-haired girl had woken up.

          "Hey," the blond said, approaching her. "You gave us a good scare."

          Olivia's headache really hurt "Ugh, my head is going to explode..."

          "That's normal to happen," Jason said from beside her. "You were unconscious for two days."

          Olivia wondered why Bruce wasn't there.

          "Where... Where's Bruce?"

          Everyone in the room fell silent and Olivia frowned, sitting up slowly on the bed - she waited for an answer, but the rest of the team looked down.

          "Where's my father?"

          Tim squeezed Olivia's hand. "I'm so sorry. As his identity was discovered, he activated the 'Knightfall' protocol."

          Olivia was speechless.

          "The 'Knightfall' Protocol is a protocol that would detonate an explosive at Wayne Manor and remove all information from the Batcave if Batman's true identity is discovered," Atlas replied sadly. "Bruce made that protocol to protect us and avoid being found."

          Barbara pursed her lips. "According to reports, Bruce entered the mansion with Alfred and the explosion ended up destroying the entire mansion with them inside. I'm really sorry."

          Olivia Wayne gasped and her tears of pain were soon out of her eyes. Jason squeezed the blonde's other hand and she began to sob loudly. Dick was the first to sit on the bed to hug her, listening to her cry in a very painful way. Atlas and Jason joined them, hugging the blonde as well, being followed by Tim and Barbara. The group remained like this, together, mourning to the person who once brought them together and who decided to leave to protect them.

          As the days went by, Tim forced himself to seek a cure for Olivia's condition - considering that she was the only Wayne alive in Gotham City and that her blood was still contaminated. When they returned to the Clock Tower, they found the batcomputer screens and a message that read "New message." As the whole group was there, Barbara Gordon pressed the open button and Bruce Wayne's face appeared in front of them.

          "If you're watching this, you can imagine what happened," Bruce Wayne himself declared. "This message belongs to a protocol called "Knightfall", in the event that Batman's identity is revealed, each file and personal file is destroyed, in conjunction with the permanent deactivation of communications and the destruction of the cave and Wayne manor. I hope this never happens, and if the opportunity comes... I wanted to get closer to the people who fought with me in every battle. Dick, Olivia, Jason, Tim, Barbara and Atlas, I want to thank you for these years of friendship and for trusting me, for becoming my allies and fighting crime with me. I am truly so sorry that I cannot say goodbye in person and I am sorry for the simple fact of letting you go. But I know you will be better off without me, it's about time you guys forged your own path. Dick, Olivia, Jason and Tim... you have always been and will be my greatest pride. Thank you for being my life partners and for teasing Alfred when you could. Take care of each other, protect each other, because you will need each other in this fight. My will is in Lucius' hands, he will know what to do."

          Olivia shed a tear.

          "I know you will keep Gotham safe," the Dark Knight declared. "Good luck and goodbye."

          When Olivia stepped into her father's office, she found old Fox staring out the window - when he turned to meet the blond-haired girl, she was soon wrapped in a hug. He guided her to the desk that belonged to her father and handed her an envelope that was labeled "Last Will and Testament of Bruce Wayne." Lucius left her alone in the large office so that she could feel more comfortable reading the document. The blonde opened the envelope, where there was a folder written in gold letters, with the same title as the envelope. Opening it, she found her adoptive father's handwriting and began to read:

          "In the event of my death, I hereby declare that all my worldly possessions will pass to my daughter, Olivia Wayne, along with Richard Grayson, Jason Todd, and Timothy Drake.

          Olivia: I know this is difficult for you, but it is necessary and essential to keep you and your family safe. I hope my death doesn't come while you are young, but if it does, I want you to forgive me. As a Wayne, I ask you to honor the legacy of the Wayne family and commit yourself to improve in Gotham City, its institutions and its citizens.

          Please...be strong, be brave and never give up. You are young, but you have no idea of your potential, you are destined for great things. Make the most of your opportunities; use your ingenuity to give back to a city that has given us so much, to change the lives of millions of people. Don't be frivolous with this wealth, or with your own life, Olivia; Allow yourself to be happy, to feel love, to feel warmth and not shut yourself. Protect those you love the most and let them protect you.

          Invest in Gotham. Treat its people like family; Keep an eye on them and use this money to protect them from forces beyond their control. My deepest regret is that I will not see you become the great and powerful woman that I know you will become, but of all the failures I suffered in my life, having you and your siblings was the best thing I did in my life. And finally, my daughter, I ask you never to leave this city to fate. We have lived through dark days and there is no doubt that there will be more to come. But it's the good and the great men who defend Gotham when others turn and run.

          Olivia, never lower your arms, never stop fighting for what is right. You will always be my greatest love and pride, I always felt very lucky to have saved your life that night and I will never regret the fact of having turned you into a Wayne. In death, I will love you forever, princess.

          Your father, Bruce.

          PS: Keep an eye on Jason, he'll need you."

          Olivia laughed and smiled sadly, then turned the page and found two frames with different photographs: in one, Bruce was sitting on a chair, dressed in a suit, Olivia was behind him wearing a green dress and on either side Dick and Jason were also dressed in suits - they both hugged the blonde affectionately while Olivia touched Bruce's shoulder and he put a hand on hers, Alfred Pennyworth was there too and all five of them were smiling so genuinely. The second, they were all except Jason and they posed as if it were a real family photo, Tim was next to Barbara, who could still walk and Jim Gordon was also there.

          That had been a family that was really worth fighting for.

          And Olivia Wayne had to step up, carry on the legacy that Bruce gave her.

          Days turned into months and her relationship with Jason Todd had evolved, changing dramatically over time: he was now a vigilante like Dick and Tim, a very dangerous vigilante who wore a leather jacket and a rather hot gray suit (in Olivia's eyes). Red Hood, they called him. Despite Bruce's firm no-kill rule, Jason did the exact opposite - the blonde couldn't blame him, if Batman was no longer here, they had to keep Gotham City safe. Intimately, she and Jason grew much closer, thus becoming a couple. At first, it wasn't easy, but they both realized that nothing was easy.

          There were nights when Jason woke up scared by his own nightmares, but he knew that Olivia was right next to him right now.

          The simple fact of feeling her wrap her arms around his body, allowing him to put his head on her chest, to make him feel safe - it really comforted him in a thousand ways.

          Later, Tim asked Barbara Gordon's hand in marriage - something that no one, not even Commissioner Gordon, expected. Olivia couldn't stop screaming with joy and neither could Barbara, while Jason, Atlas and Dick busied themselves with annoying the future husband. On the night of the wedding, Jim would be in charge of getting the rings while Barbara and her maid of honor - Olivia Wayne herself - prepared for the grand ceremony. Barbara was standing - thanks to an invention by her own future husband Tim - looking at her dress and Olivia was in tears from the thrill of seeing one of her best friends get married.

          "What if he leaves me at the altar?" Asked Barbara, scared.

          Olivia deadpanned. "I'll rip his balls myself."

          The ceremony was successful, the happy couple married with no one to interrupt and dinner was a great party - Tim ended up drunk, Atlas ended up drunk, Dick ended up drunk, Jason tried, but since he lost the bet that if Jim Gordon forgot about the ring, he was to be named the designated driver. Olivia didn't drink too much either, so she just danced with Jason and Atlas, laughing at her blonde best friend's stupidity. Atlas Eisley became Olivia's right-hand man - alongside Lucius Fox - when she took over at Wayne Tech. So, the two remained best friends and colleagues, as well as being a mess in life.

          When they left everyone in their respective places, Jason and Olivia headed to the blonde's apartment, where they both lived. Jason was the first to enter and mentioned something about going patrol. The blonde-haired girl put her jacket down on the chair and looked forward, toward the piano.

          Someone was there.

          Jason said something to her, but she ignored him, just stared at the intruder they had in their home. That presence was very familiar to him.

          "Did you hear what..." Jason asked, stopping short.

          The large shadow lifted and Olivia gasped, his face visible in the moonlight.

          "I see I've missed a thing or two."

          Olivia Wayne and Jason Todd smiled.

THE END!

━━━━━━━━

not edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 962 9
Y/n just finish Batman AK 240% finish every DLC , and unlock all of the Trophys and the AR Stages when his friend calls him saying lets hangout try t...
946K 25.4K 73
Perseus Jackson is not a perfect hero, but a scarred, broken, and battle-hardened demigod, the only survivor of The Seven after the Last War. Blamin...
266 0 6
"Harley first saw the kid through a window on the second floor of Arkham Asylum she happened to pass while being dragged to solitary. She watched him...
703K 19.1K 31
- After the Giant War Percy has to go live with her brother in Gotham. Only problem is, her brother is Jason Todd A.K.A The Red Hood --{Highest Rank...