It's a feeling

By Dragon_T9

" Jethro- " " He goes by Gibbs, " " Do I look like I give two shits about what he 'goes by'?" " No Ma'am "... More

~ prologue ~
~ paint brush ~
~ espionage ~
~ its as simple as that ~
~ this has to be a joke ~
~ anything ~
~ a hint of amusement ~
~ what about ~
~ they'll kill you ~
~ we are not teenagers ~
~ he has a nice dick ~
~ no i havent ~
~ we're okay ~
~ due to my negligence ~

~ oh that's golden ~

5.1K 147 59
By Dragon_T9

The Fray ~ Over My Head

"Everyone knows I'm in,

Over my head,"

My gaze stays locked on the directors office, thoughts running wild. I was sitting in Jethro's seat, my body posture stiff. I had come to work early to apologize for yesterday, I'm not one to let my emotions out that easily and I had no right to drag Jethro into my breakdown.

"Coffee?"

I look up at familiar eyes. I smile lightly, "Thank you Anthony."

He nods, leaning against Gibbs desk, "You and the boss are awfully close."

"Mhm."

"Aren't you a bit young for our silver haired bossman?"

I look up at him with a wry smile, "I tend to like older men."

Anthony pouts, "But what about me."

"Anthony you are not my type."

"And an emotionless boat building coffee addicted bossy man is your type?"

Chuckling, I shrug, "I like men who know what they're doing, if an emotionless boat building coffee addicted bossy man is what it takes to g-"

"Good morning guys." McGee greets, walking to his desk, he pauses to look at Dinozzo, "What did you do to make him speechless?"

I shrug again, "Just my preference in men and what they do in bed." I admit.

Jethro walks into the bullpen, "Ya, and what's that?"

I smile up at him biting my bottom lip, "You."

Anthony chokes on his coffee and McGee trips over his feet. Jethro raises his eyebrows up in amusement, holding out his hand to help me from his seat, "You gonna let me sit in your lap?" I casually flirt, letting him pull me up from my seat. Anthony had by then got to his seat, but was still red and a but shocked.

"Only if you want."

This time I actually laugh aloud, shaking my head gently. I pat Jethro's cheek, "Not in front of the children." I joke.

"Hey! I'm older than you." And Anthony's back.

I shrug, winking at Jethro before turning around, "And I just might become your step mummy."

Ellie walks in, setting her bag on her desk, "Ready?"

I nod, "Pattycake?" she nods.

"McGee why are you jut standing there?" Eleanor asks him, scrunching her eyebrows in confusion. He looks at me then Jethro But doesn't say anything, instead sitting down.

I look at Ellie, "I was flirting with Jethro and the boys both had mini heart attacks." I explain, smirking slightly. She chuckles lightly, highly aware of my antics. Truth was there was a small part of me that was attracted to Jethro, but I had rules. And one of those rules was to not date a coworker, and as long as I was in America, Jethro was my coworker.

Walking over to me, Ellie pulls me down in front of her desk with her, "What do we need to remember today?" she asks quietly.

"Same thing."

She nods, not asking questions. That's what I liked about Eleanor, she never asked questions if she knew I didn't want them asked.

I was trying to remember that night, I got flashes in dreams but I couldn't remember everything and that made me mad. I was a trained assassin yet I couldn't remember one night. Shit.

Jumping up I pull out my phone, dialing a number. I can not believe I forgot to call Roni. Walking away from the team I enter the elevator, stopping it as soon as I was in it. 'Hello?'

"Roni," I breath out, leaning my head against the cool metal of the elevator.

'Hey AJ, how you doing?'

"Roni they're dead."

'Who?'

"Everyone, it's just you and I now."

She's silent, 'Where are you?' she questions.

I sigh, "NCIS,"

'As in the NCIS, where he works?'

"Ya."

'Do you plan on telling him?'

"No."

'Then why are you there?'

"Because."

'Right, Mathew.'

"Mhm."

'Do you think they'll find out?'

"No. At least he won't find out. Jethro and Abigale have."

'Jethro and Abigale?'

"Yes, potential love interest and forensic analyst."

Veronica lets out a loud laugh, 'Is he hot.'

"He has really pretty eyes, seems dominant in the bed, what more do I need?"

Laughing lightly, Roni snorts, 'Someone who can understand your boats.'

"Oh that's the lead. The silver haired god builds boats in his basement."

Roni lets out a disbelieving cackle, 'No.'

"Yes"

'Oh that's golden.'

Laughing to myself, I shake my head, "But he's kind of my boss." I mumble out.

'Right, and rule #11 never date a coworker.'

"Mhm."

'But is he hot.'

"He's my type, tall, bossy, and handsome."

'Then what do you have to lose?'

"My job."

'Wait back up, you quit?'

"Nah, Jethro just bribed me into working with them, my skill set tends to help solve cases faster."

'Well obviously, did you profile Mr. Tall, bossy, and handsome?'

"No, rule-"

'Number 1, don't profile coworkers.'

I nod even though she wouldn't be able to see me, "Right."

'Okay, but rule #23...'

"But I'm not wrong with this one."

'So all I'm getting from this is you would snag the man if the chance came.'

"Well ya,"

'That make that chance to you can get that snag.'

"It's more complicated then that and you know it."

Roni sighs, 'You really like this man don't you.' she asks.

"I cried in front of him."

'Oh.'

"Yeah."

'So a snag would be something more and you can't afford something more because of him.' it was a question but she knew that answer.

"Ya."

'That fucking sucks.'

"I know."

It's silent for a moment before Roni lets out another sigh, 'Mathew and them are really gone.'

"Ya."

'What happened?'

"Murdered. All of them. I was there, damn bastard let me live,"

She curses under her breath, 'Do you think it's connected?'

"No, I think he was just a sadistic mother fucking arse who wanted to traumatize me for the rest of my life since I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of showing fear."

'How bad are the nightmares?'

"Non-existent."

'Then why did you cry in front of your boss?' Sometimes I hate profilers.

Clicking the elevator back on, the door opens back onto Gibbs floor, the team entering, "I know Roni. None of them deserved it but you being there would have meant us both being dead and no one would have wanted that."

'That was a smooth subject change, you with someone?'

"Yes."

'Call me tonight Bella, and please, just fuck your boss already.'

Hanging up, hoping no one heard what she said, I slip my phone in my back pocket, "Case?"

"Yep, dead petty officer at Washington Hospital."

I look at Jethro confused, "Hospital?"

"Hospital."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 593 32
'I wake up at around 6am to go for my morning run. I get up slowly and pull at the curtains so my room is filled with light. Even though it's still s...
114K 3K 20
𝐍𝐎 π‚πŽππ“π‘πŽπ‹ | "peace out, girl scout." 》in which an ncis agent falls for the blonde fbi agent γ€Š ____ [ criminal minds | ncis - jennifer jare...
957 28 6
History has a way of repeating itself on many occasions...but will this time repeat or will Gibbs and his team manage to prevent it? Will Gibbs handl...
51.2K 1.8K 30
❝ I followed no rules And like most fools I lost my way What can I say Alas I find I'm in a bind Was I so blind I couldn't find The rightful path To...