The hit list

By anounymoschild

Asami Sato- Smart, popular, gorgeous, and apperanatly, Korra's new target. Korra, known among her friends as... More

At least she's hot
21 questions
Asami's wet
Gays suck at math
People suck
That time of the month
I am not crushing
Repressed emotions
A hiding place
Dysfunctional family interactions
Safe with me
A 'thing'
How we started
Korra alone
Simping
Fixer upper
Dating
Off track
Falling apart
Two rejections and one promise
Done and done

The truth

2.4K 80 182
By anounymoschild

"Asami! What the fuck?!"

"Oh come on you can't blame me for it!" Asami laughed loudly. "How did miss it?!"

"What do you mean– You told me you two were dating!"

"But we're both soooo gay!" Asami cried out.

"Like sooooo gay." Mako agreed, joining Asami's laughter.

"Super gay!"

"Like I have a boyfriend gay."

"Like I've only ever been with girls gay."

"Our relationship is such a gay guy–lesbian relationship," Mako shook his head, wiping away a tear of laughter.

"And then you came up to me and started talking about my boyfriend or something? So I just rolled with it because god it was so funny."

"And she dropped so many hints too!" Mako added, holding his stomach from how hard he was laughing.

"I was sure you got that at the girl in red reference," Asami nodded in agreement.

Korra was stunned. She stared at the two, absorbing the newly found information in. Asami and Mako weren't dating, in fact, they're both gay. Asami was attracted to girls this whole fucking time?!

"Wait," Korra raised her hands in the air, then pointed at Mako, "you... Like men and have a boyfriend?"

"I mean he's literally in our groupchat," Mako nodded.

She moved her index finger to point at Asami. "And you like girls, and... Uh single?"

"I don't date," she shrugged.

Korra felt a twinge of disappointment in that, and was far too shocked to care about what it meant. "So you're not dating?"

"No," they said in unison.

"And ya'll knew about this and didn't tell me?" She asked the rest of the gang with an accusing glare.

"We had no idea they were pretending to date to prank you," Opal said, throwing her hands in surrender, chuckling.

"But like, we kept shipping the two of you?" Jinora said, confused. "So how did you not realize something was off?"

"I just thought you guys didn't like Asami and Mako being together!" She cried out.

Bolin gaped. "You thought I was trying to sabotage my brother's relationship?!"

Korra's eyes widen and her jaw dropped. "Mako is your brother?!"

Everyone gaped at her, then to her complete emberessment, started laughing loudly. Her blush deepened and she leaned on the backrest, folding her arms with an annoyed pout. She was not having a good day today.

"Wait, did you not know that we were brothers?" Mako wheezed. "You really are as dumb as Asami says you are."

"Asami!" Korra slammed both hands on the table, angry. She was so not in the mood to do this right now.

"Don't worry, she said she thinks it's adorable," Jinora quickly assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

This assurance actually calmed Korra a little, and she felt the anger leaving her when she spotted a pink blush on Asami's cheek. Korra's face broke into a lopsided grin and she raised a suggestive eyebrow. "You think I'm cute?"

"Ew, don't flatter yourself." Asami said in uncertain tone. Korra didn't buy it.

"I mean, turns out you're gay, and you apperanatly called me 'adorable'," continued Korra, smirking, "so, am I adorable in your eyes, Asami?"

Her blush deepened. "I don't like you." She said sternly.

"Not what I asked sweetheart."

She stared at Korra with a glare for a few moments but Korra didn't flinch. For the first time that day, she didn't feel like shit. She felt giddy and warm, happy and smug even. Who gave a shit about Lyla and the phone call? Asami Sato thought Korra was cute! Sure, she preferred sexy or hot, but the fact that Asami was thinking of her positively really made her heart swell.

Then, Asami broke their gaze. "I don't need this." She said behind grit teeth and got up, walking away.

Korra immediately jumped after her, mumbling some sort of a 'goodbye' to the gang and sprinting after Asami, cornering her in the hallway.

"Where are you going? We were having a conversation!" Korra said as she blocked Asami who tried to brush past her.

"No, you were trying to annoy me," Asami bit back angerly, "and I'm not in the mood."

"I'm not trying to annoy you, I'm just excited." Korra complained.

"Excited about what?" Asami rolled her eyes. "That my friends wants to get us together? Well guess what? It doesn't mean I want you."

"I'm excited because turns out the hottest girl in school is both gay and thinks I'm cute," Korra explained, "am I not allowed to be excited about it?"

"Leave me alone," Asami huffed out.

"No." Korra said boldly. "Can we talk about it? Not even now, we can also meet up after school if you'd prefer that."

At that, Asami's stern expression softened, and a mixture of awe and confusion portraited on her face.

"I-I thought you said you couldn't meet up today," she said, blinking.

Korra shrugged in response, staffing her hands in her pockets. "I wasn't in the right mood, but I'm feeling a lot better now. So, um, yeah. We can hang out in my place for sure."

Asami stared at her for a few extra moments, then her confusion was replaced with something that appeared to be relief. Korra opened her mouth to ask about it, but before she did, Asami tackled her with tight hug.

Korra froze. Just a moment ago she and Asami had been fighting, now Asami was hugging her? The fuck?

However, she wouldn't be caught dead not hugging Asami back, especially when hugging her made her feel so warm and nice from the inside out. So she wrapped an arm around her waist and one around her upper back, threading her fingers in Asami's hair– dear god it's so soft, like so soft and nice. Korra fisted her hand around the dark locks and pulled Asami closer, deciding that Asami's hair is her new favourite thing in the world.

"Thank you," Asami mumbled, nuzzling into Korra's shoulder, "thank you so so much."

"I'm.... Confused." Korra laughed. "What did I do?"

"Just take the damn compliment."

"But... Is everything okay with you?" Korra asked, slightly worried.

"What?" Asami chuckled nervously and pulled away with wide eyes. "Everything is fine! Why would you ask that?"

"You're acting weird," Korra said, narrowing her eyes in suspicioun.

"You're the best Korra," Asami said, completely disregarding, Korra's worry, and before Korra could protest, she pressed a kiss to her cheek.

Korra's insides melted and her cheeks flushed bright red. Asami was attached to her for a few seconds, and Korra remained frozen for the entirety of that time. When to her dismay, Asami detached, a dreamy smile spread across her brown lips as Asami just smiled right back at her.

"Now here," Korra half demanded, pointing her index finger to her lips.

"Don't push it," Asami warned with a playful smile.

"Pleaseeeee?" She said with big puppy eyes, sticking her bottom lip out in a pout.

Asami bit her lip and shook her head dissmisevly. "You really are something else aren't you?" She grinned.

"My mom always told me that I'm special," Korra joked.

Asami rolled her eyes, then turned to leave. "Bye Korra, see you after school."

"Bye!" Korra called after her, and when she left, Korra did a little victory dance for herself. Asami is going to be in her home, in her room, probably on her bed. And the two will be talking about how Asami finds Korra adorable. She just hoped her parents wouldn't be home to emberess her, god knows that those two could be so fucking emberessing sometimes, on top of being utterly annoying...

Actually, it didn't really matter. Asami understood what it was like to not get along with your parents, so she'll get it.

So, giddy and confident, she decided she could stand to go see her friends. After all, they needed to know that Korra was going to get laid tonight.

______

She was almost worried that Asami would forget they scheduled to meet, but was surprised to see Asami waiting outside her class when the last period ended.

"Dude, how did you know what my schedule is today?" She asked Asami with a smile.

Asami blinked. "You literally posted on your Instagram story 'Those history lessons make me wanna be history'," she said.

"Oh, right," Korra laughed, "so you're stalking me on Instagram?"

"What? No!" Asami blushed. "Are you going to be like that the entire time we hang out?"

"Why? Do you have any regrets?" Korra teased.

"A little," Asami rolled her eyes, "but let's go anyway."

"Yay," Korra chuckled, "did you drive here? Or do we need to take the bus?"

"I drove," Asami shrugged, "c'mon, let's go."

Grinning, Korra followed Asami, surprised to learn that Asami didn't drive there in a fancy car, but she actually got there with a fucking moped. The moment she laid eyes on that vehicle, a blush risen to her cheeks and she bit her lower lip.

"What?" Asami asked, slightly amused.

"I didn't know it was possible, but you just got so much sexier." Korra said, smirking.

"Oh god," Asami groaned, "I can't believe you'll have to cling to me for the entire ride."

Korra's jaw dropped. "I didn't even think about that!" She exclaimed excitingly. "Ooooh this is gonna be so fun!"

She gave Asami the directions to her house, wore the extra helmet Asami apperently 'always carried' for some reason, and the two were on their way.

Holding onto Asami for the entire was glorious. Sure, the two hugged before, but never for such a long period of time, and also never while Asami was handling the sexiest machine in existence. So, that was nice. Also a huge turn on.

At last, they reached Korra's house, and she groaned loudly when she saw the two cars in the house's garage.

"My parents are home," she told Asami, taking off her helmet, "so they'll probably annoy–"

The words were caught in her throat as Asami took off her helmet, doing some sort of hair flip that seemed to play out in slow motion. Korra's heart stopped and her jaw dropped to the ground, how can someone be so goddamn elegent?! Is there something Asami could do that wasn't completely hot and flawless? Is she just the most perfect human fucking being in the world?

"What?" Asami said, snapping her out of her haze.

"Oh, uh..." Korra rubbed the back of her neck. "I just said that my parents are home and might annoy us."

Asami's eyes widened. "Are you allowed to talk about your parents like that?"

"What will they do?" Korra shrugged, smirking when Asami looked at her in awe. "C'mon, let's go to my room."

The two entered, and much to Korra's dismay, both her parents were in the living room, and the moment they heard the door close, they perked up.

"Korra!" Her father called, surprised. "You got here so soon!"

"Yep, had a ride," she answered dryly, gesturing to the heiress behind here, "that's Asami Sato from my school."

Both her parent's eyes drifted to the slightly uncomfortable looking Asami, and an even more shocked look appeared on their faces.

"Miss Sato!" Her father exclaimed in delight, making her flinch a little in surprise. "I'm so sorry about being rude, we weren't expecting you. Korra doesn't bring friends here often."  He finished off, offering his hand for a handshake.

Asami looked at him, hesitantly and cautiously taking his hand and shaking it. "You can just call me Asami," she said quietly before turning to Korra, "um, we should probably head to your room..." Asami mumured.

"Right," answered Korra, brushing past her parents and leading Asami to her room, "my dad isn't that scary, you don't need to be scared of him." She told Asami when they reached her room.

Asami sighed, dropping her gaze to the floor. "Sorry."

"Don't be," Korra laughed, "I get it, he can look intimidating."

"Right," agreed Asami, "that's probably it."

Korra shrugged, changing the subject.
"Are you hungry? We can order something if you'd like."

Suddenly, Asami's face lit up. "Can we order pizza?" She pleaded.

"Uh, sure?" Korra blinked, unsure of why Asami was so excited about it, but she opened the app to order anyways, "what toppings?"

"None."

Korra choked on the air, staring at the girl wide-eyed. "None?" She repeated, shocked.

"I've never had any." The girl shrugged. "So I don't really know which ones are good. "

"That's the saddest thing I've ever heard." Korra deadpanned. "We are going to fix that right now."

"What are you ordering?" Asked Asami, curious.

"Everything."  Korra said dramatically.

"Everything?" She repeated in confusion.

"Everything." Korra said seriously.

Asami laughed at that, shaking her head dismissively while Korra was ordering the pizza, the toppings were; extra cheese, olives, pepperoni, pork, kabanos and onions. All of Korra's favourites.

Getting hot, Korra peeled off her sweatshirt without thinking, only remembering that she only had a bra underneath when the cold air hit her stomach.

"Oops," Korra laughed, turning to the blushing red Asami, "sorry about that."

No, I'm really not.

"O-oh, that's cool," Asami tried to laugh it off, but was failling miserably.

"Y'know, this reminds me," Korra said, taking a pijama shirt but not pulling it on yet, enjoying the sight of flustered Asami, "we're here to talk about how you think I'm cute."

Asami rolled her eyes, sitting down on Korra's bed and laying backwards. "I'm so not having this conversation with you."

"What!" Korra exclaimed, sitting down next to Asami and finally putting on the shirt. "Why not?"

"Because you'll be a jerk about it and I don't feel like putting up with this right now," Asami answered bluntly.

"Sheesh, tell me how you really feel," Korra rolled her eyes.

"I just did," Asami said, as if Korra was completely dumb.

"Okay," Korra said slightly offended, "what if I promise not to be a jerk?"

"Do you really think that would work twice?" Asami snorted. " 'I won't annoy you Asami!' yeah right."

"I mean it! Pinky promise?" She said, taking out her pinky.

Asami rolled to face her, pushing herself up on her elbow with furrowed eyebrows. "You swear on it?" She asked seriously.

"I do!" Korra replied, nodding eagrly.

Asami sighed, shaking their pinkies together with a small smile before rolling to turn away from Korra's gaze.

"Don't laugh," she started nervously, "but I... Might've... Sorta... " She mumbled something under her breath.

"Would you mind repeating that?" Korra said curiously, scooting over to Asami.

"I kinda used to have a thing for you." Asami muttered, so quietly that Korra almost missed it.

But she did hear it.

Her heart rate spiked up, excitement rising up in her stomach and flooding her entire body, like butterflies. For a moment, she didn't say anything, too excited to speak. But after some recovery and digestion, she finally found her voice.

"You like me?" She said with a cocky smirk.

"Used to," Asami corrected, "and it didn't last for long, so don't get smug on my ass."

"Oh c'mon!" Korra groaned in frustration and fell to her back. "Now you're telling me that you used to like me and I missed my chance? That sucks!"

Chance to... What?

"I mean you kinda fucked it up yourself so..." Asami muttered.

"Wait, what?" Korra asked, raising her head to look at Asami. "What did I do?"

"Other than not even spitting in my direction?" Asami chuckled. "Well for one you have the whole Avatar thing going on."

"Oh?"

"I honestly don't understand the nickname," admitted Asami, pulling herself to a sitting position, "but I know about all the girls and the boys you slept with just because you can without taking their feelings into consideration, like Kuvira for example."

Korra frowned. "You know Kuvira?"

"Not the point," Asami sighed, "look, at the time I just came out, and you were the only other openly gay, well, bi girl around, so yeah, I crushed on you from a far. But when I learned about all the other stuff, I got over it, because honestly? You're kind of an asshole."

"Wow," Korra said, absorbing it in and trying as hard as she can to not lose her shit and lash out. But what the hell? "You think I'm an asshole?"

She shrugged. "In that department? Yes. You don't know how your actions affect people, and you don't seem to care. Broken hearts can hurt like hell, not that you would know–"

"–You think I don't know what heartbreak feels like?" Korra stoped her, shocked.

"You do?" Asami asked with narrowed eyes, not buying it.

"Of course I do!" Korra exclaimed. "And fucking hell does it hurt, but seriously? I don't break hearts! I'll admit that I fuck around, but it's always consensual, and always with an understanding that this is just for the pleasure and–"

"–Is that understanding mutual?" Asami cut her off. "Because even now, you seem to be talking to my friends and hint that you want something more with me. So much so that I sometimes need to remind myself you're not really interested."

"You're different." Korra said before she managed to think about it.

Asami paused in surprise, not having expected Korra to say something like that. But after a moment, her expression turned blank again, like she moulded things over and decided to not believe Korra.

"I bet you say that to all the other girls," she said, not looking at Korra directly, "look, it's fine. I enjoy your company and all, but this is not going to happen. We can stay friends though–"

"–What other girls?" Korra cut her off, her mind practically going on autopilot at the moment. "If you know so much about me and my supposed methods, tell me when did I ever go this extra? When did I befriend someone's friends? When did I go so out of my way to try and get with anyone?"

Halfway through her rumbling, the tan girl understood a very important thing:

She wasn't really asking Asami all of that. Truly, she was asking herself.

The other girl was stunned, looking at Korra wide-eyed. Korra was panting heavily, she wasn't sure where did that confession came from, but it felt annoyingly right. But surely, she didn't like Asami Sato. Korra doesn't do crushes, she doesn't do feelings, that does not make any sense.

Finally, Asami seemed to have found her voice, and she opened her mouth to say something. Korra found herself nervous, desperate to hear what Asami had to say. But, before Asami managed to say anything, a call came from downstairs.

"Korra!" Her mother's voice came. "Did you order pizza? The delivery guy was just here. "

With a sigh, she told Asami that she will be right back and pulled on a shirt, heading downstairs to collect their pizza. When she got back however, she found Asami thrilled, like the prospect of eating a pizza was so enticing for her that she completely forgot about their earlier conversation.

"Damn, you really did put on every topping didn't you?" Laughed Asami, grabbing a slice and taking a bite, immediately gasping at the taste. "This is amazing."she said in reverence.

"You must really like pizza huh?" Korra laughed after Asami practically swollowed her entire slice whole.

At that, Asami blushed. "It's my favorite food," she admitted, "but my father never lets me have it."

"Seriously? The tan girl asked, confused. "Why? "

Sammy shrugged, hugging herself a little and dropping her guys through the floor. "He just says that it will make me uglier." She spoke quietly.

Korra's jaw dropped.

"What do you mean ugli-er?" She asked in disbelief.

"Um, more ugly?" Blinked Asami.

"More, ugly?" Korra emphasized, sitting next to Asami. "As if, you're already ugly?"

"Uh, yeah," Asami said, avoiding Korra eyes and putting down her new slice, "y'know, I'm not really hungry anymore–"

"–Asami," Korra cut her off for about the millionth time today, "is your father blind?"

Pause.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Is this like another prank?" Korra narrowed her eyes in suspicioun. "Are you shitting me or did your father actually said that to you? Because that is so fucked up."

"I mean, every father has his quarks."

"No, Asami, that is not a quark. That is emotional abuse." Korra said in disbelief.

Asami flinched at the last word, looking away. "It's not abuse, he's just being honest with me," she said, and to Korra's shock, she sounded like she meant it, "he's my father, he wants what's best for me."

"What's best for you is not to think you're ugly in general, and especially when you're the prettiest person in existence!" Korra exclaimed.

Asami stared at her for a moment, shocked and baffled.

"You really think I'm pretty?" She half whispered. "It's not just a thing you say?"

"I think you're gorgeous," Korra said in all honesty, " I think you're amazing. You're smart and beautiful and funny and you're so so sweet. You're seriously incredible and..."

A second too late Korra realized how close were their faces were, the two were so close she could practically feel Asami's hot breath on her lips.

And before she wad able to react, Asami closed the distance.

And goddamn, Asami's lips were soft.

Like so soft.

And the kiss was so sweet and tender that it made Korra melt on the inside. She was so stunned by it that she was barely able to close her eyes and kiss back. She felt like stars were exploding behind her eyes, and her stomach was doing excited flips. Warmth filled her chest and spread throughout every part of her body.

But then, those warm blissful lips were torn away, and when she opened her eyes, she saw wide and afraid green eyes gaze into her own.

"I can't do this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1.1K 26
TW: this story mentions the progression of a terminal illness that can be upsetting. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. Patient x Nurse AU [korrasami] ---- There...
10.3K 181 21
So in this story korra is gonna be a hit man for asami /bodyguard Asami is just a mafia boss who wants to find the avatar she sends people to track d...
513K 13.4K 38
Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet and befriend the new student at school, so...
44.3K 1K 53
Have you ever been friends with someone since elementary school, until you had to go different ways. Well I did and up until college I thought I woul...