๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ข ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฌ...

Av saccharinskies

"๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ?" หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท in which a girl finds her soulmate หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท the front cover is not mine Mer

prologue ~ earth
one ~ earth
two ~ earth
three ~ earth
four ~ earth
five ~ earth
six ~ earth
seven ~ earth
eight ~ earth
a/n
nine ~ earth
ten ~ earth
eleven ~ earth
twelve ~ earth
thirteen ~ earth
fourteen ~ earth
fifteen ~ earth
seventeen ~ earth
eighteen ~ earth
nineteen ~ earth
twenty ~ beyblade realm
twenty one ~ beyblade realm
twenty two ~ beyblade realm
twenty three ~ beyblade realm
twenty four ~ finale

sixteen ~ earth

194 17 14
Av saccharinskies

Your POV

As expected, Esme comes to school tomorrow looking like a trainwreck, eyebags dark, hair disheveled and all of that. Everyone looks at her questionably, but she ignores even her closer friends, keeping quiet and glaring at anyone who looks at her for too long.

We don't talk until it's English at the library again. Esme brings me to a bay window at the back corner, away from everyone else and only then does she let it all out.

I hug her as reassuringly as I can, but I know I can't do anything about Georgia being straight. Esme knows that too. And I've known that Esme knows ever since she confessed at Petunia and ran away quickly, crying and crying. 

"She didn't reject me," Esme says quitely.

I blink. "Huh?"

"But that's the worst part," Esme continues, staring out at the bay window and into the far ocean. "Georgia lied and said that we could date. She lied. Just so I could feel better."

I keep quiet, letting Esme explain at her own speed. "But then I rejected that idea. I didn't want her to pity date me. But there's a part of me that wanted to pretend, even if it was only for a while. I wanted to have something between us so badly."

"But anyways, our friendship is definitely over," Esme says glumly. I open my mouth to say something, but she cuts through, "Don't apologize. You were doing the right thing, encouraging me to confess. Despite it all, I don't have any regrets. At least I know now that Georgia and I were really never meant to be."

"Do you want to ditch school and go somewhere like the beach?" I ask tentatively. "I know you always enjoy the beach."

Esme laughs. "(y/n), you've been ditching school too much lately and I'm not sure if I want to follow in your tracks. Thank you for offering, but I think I will heal by myself. Eventually. After blasting Heather by Conan Gray 24/7. You know what they say, lyrics hit harder when you're sad."

She laughs again, and I join to hide the awkwardness and sadness she's obviously holding in. And guilt pangs in my chest for thinking that Shu and I had the worst luck in the world when people like Esme is suffering through worse.

---------------------------

Shu's POV 

"...the national broadcast has requested an audience with us, so I've scheduled me, Lilac Eye and Crimson Eye in to be interviewed on how life on Earth is. On that day Dr. Tarver will be giving a speech to those studying engineering about how he designed and built the Oculi Aircraft and Novus Sphere."

As Asthem, or rather, Theodore Glass, continues to drone on about the seemingly never-ending itinerary for when we get back, I zone out. 

It's hard not to when you're not the one getting instructions and meetings with important people. My itinerary for when we get back to Shinwa is simple; readjust to beyblade.

That way, when I get interviewed for beyblade, interviewers will surely bring attention to my time on Earth. 

I also need to readjust to school. For one of the first times since I've landed in Earth, my mind wanders to Valt and the Beigoma Academy Bey Club. How are they? Have some of them stopped blading? Is Valt the champion yet? Do I need to train even harder to catch up? 

It's only been a few weeks, yet my mind is already swirling with questions about them. Guilt etches at me for rarely remembering them and leaving them to another planet without any explanation. 

Everyone in Shinwa will surely know about our mission in Earth by now. I try not to think about how hurt Valt would look when he finds that out through the local news on television, not through his best friend. 

I swallow, and to distract myself, I glance around the room. We're in the conference room of our luxurious apartment and though it's incredibly lavish I know I won't miss it when I go back. It's beautiful, but it's not home. 

I don't think I will miss Earth itself that much. Life in Shinwa was easier. My only goal back then was to become beyblade champion. 

But the people of Earth?

Now that's a different story.

Of course I won't miss those ridiculous Elites that paint school out to be a war field when it's just school, but I will miss my friends I have made in the short period that I've been here.

And of course, (y/n). 

I've been trying not to think about how I won't have any communication with her for a month, nor will she be able to send me off.

But she pops into my mind regularly, her racing around Petunia Mall, throwing sand at me at the beach, confessing with a soft pink blush, laughing and smiling and looking so wonderfully happy. 

I haven't been thinking about my friends in Shinwa that much because all I've been thinking about is her.

Sensing how zoned out I am from the conversation, probably from the pink tips of my ears, Theodore says, "Shu, if you like you can have a quick jog around the area as the meeting finishes up. Remember, you'll be doing this daily in Shinwa. Just come back in half an hour."

I nod and, with my parents waving goodbye, slip out of the room and put on my trainers before leaving the apartment. As expected, Divitae Streets is mostly empty with everyone being at either school or work, the only people I see being housekeepers or gardeners tending to the front yards.

I let my mind go blank, focusing on the steady rhythm of my feet hitting the pavement instead of the worries of being a blader. 

I've managed to run two blocks when I first see people that isn't a housekeeper or gardener. Two students, surprisingly. And even more surprisingly, I know them.

"Kurenai!" Jack grins before jogging over with his friend, Hayden who nods politely. "Hey. You want some?"

"I'm good," I decline the box of fries he offered me. I don't need to ask them to know that they skipped school.

"Your loss," Jack shrugs before swallowing three at once. "How's the space nerd stuff going?"

Before I could respond, Hayden cuts in. "'Nerd'? That's not what you said last night when you were ranting about how cool it would be to travel galaxies."

The tip of Jack's ears turn pink and I instantly warm up to Hayden, who continues, "Dude, stop being such an ass just because Shu's dating (y/n)."

Now the whole of Jack's face flush who just scoffs. "Shut up, Hayden. By the way, Kurenai, did you know I was with your girl last afternoon?"

"And?" I reply, nonplussed by this.

Jack raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean and? Aren't you supposed to get jealous?"

"Maybe if I was toxic," I reply coolly. "Clearly you and Ashley didn't know a thing about trust."

To my amusement, Jack looks livid and his best friend only laughs at him. "Jack, you know it's true." 

"I know," Jack mumbles, kicking the ground.

Hayden grins at his best friend before glancing at me. "Well, we better get to class before that old English hag marks the roll. See ya."

"Wait, Shu," Jack begins before Hayden has a chance to walk off. "You're lucky to be dating (y/n)."

I don't need him to tell me that, but I stay silent and let him carry on. "And I just want to say that if anything happens to her at the social while you're away, I'll personally deal with those snobby Elites."

"We both will," Hayden puts in, looking extremely determined as if he isn't known as one of those snobby Elites.

But I merely nod and this time, we part ways and I stare at the retreating figure of the guy (y/n) once crushed on before returning to my jog.

--------------------------

I clench my hands in anticipation as the car my family is riding in goes past skyscrapers, apartments and several other buildings before arriving at a secluded, government-founded area where the others and the Oculi Aircraft are waiting for us.

It's not that I'm nervous to go back to Shinwa; I'm more than excited to see my friends and compete in beyblade tournaments again. I'm nervous for (y/n). Tonight is the night of the long awaited-social, taking place at none other than the prestigious St. Catherine's Girl's School. 

The climax of whatever story (y/n) and I have. Actually, just (y/n)'s story. The only reason I'm feeling nervous is that I won't be there for (y/n) when something happens. And I know something is going to happen. 

I check my watch. The aircraft, with my and my parents and their team, will depart in nearly five hours. And by then, I won't be in Earth anymore but rather flying through the galaxies. And the social will be over, (y/n) will be in the safety of her own home. 

Only five more hours before our lives are smashed and put together again.

Your POV

Unlike the last social, I put some effort in dressing up. Actually, that's a lie. While my outfit (navy graphic jumper over a white collared shirt and white pleated skirt with Converse) looks stunning in my opinion, all the credits go to Blair who picked out the ensemble and paid for it.

I initially wasn't planning on dressing up but Blair looked so happy to shop for me that I gave in and let her.

And unlike the last social, Chanel and the rest of my friends don't dress up. They don't wear the sparkling, tight dresses I know they have in their closets at home. They all opt for jeans with sweaters, but even with a simple attire they all manage to look good. 

Blair, after much socializing with her fans, leaves with Jordan in her car and I pull my gaze away from her and my friends to properly look at St. Catherine's. And as expected, the school buildings truly reflected that this is the richest school of all four. The wealthiest of the wealth.

And despite being around for at least a hundred years, all the buildings look extremely modern and I'm not surprised if they have the latest technology to use during lessons. 

After blinking out of my daze, the whole group starts making our way to the hall-like place where the social is being held out, with colorful lights and trendy music playing from a DJ. Food is lined up on a table to the side, with casual like fries and delicacies like mini pots of crème brûlée. 

Everyone from school is here, from Hannah's group to Layla to Ashley and her friends. And then there's Caprice surrounded with her friends with that devilish smirk as her eyes land on my and my friends walking through the entrance.

The social begins. 

And my story reaches its climax. 

-----------------------------

sorry for the wait, i promise the chapters will be more frequent after next week (since my exams are finishing soon :3 )

word count: 1850

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

125K 5.1K 93
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
805K 18.3K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
607K 21.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
843K 10.8K 44
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...