It happened over whiskey

By harshitabajaj_239

Love happens in the most unexpected situation with the most unexpected person. No one can agree to this more... More

|CAST|
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 27

279 14 2
By harshitabajaj_239

Ryan’s POV:

It was 6:30 in the evening when there was a knock on my office door. I looked up from the file I was reviewing when I saw Samwell standing at the doorway, looking at me before saying, “We should leave now.”

I looked at my watch and took a deep breath before saying, “Give me five more minutes. I will just get done with this file and then we can leave.” He nodded at me and sat on the sofa in my office while checking his phone.

After exactly ten minutes, I got up from my chair and got out from my office, Samwell following me behind. We got in my car and Samwell drove us back to my place.

When I reached the driveway, Khloe was already standing there, in a black midi length dress. The dress had spaghetti straps and an asymmetrical neckline with a front split.

Her hair were pulled loose on one side of her neck and her pencil heels made her legs look long and sexy. She passed me a big smile and waited for Samwell to open the door for her.

She sat next to me and looked at me expectantly. I knew exactly what this was about.

“You look beautiful”, I complimented her while a small smile plastered on my lips. She blushed before holding my hand and staring out the window.

We reached at the Stark’s place in less than an hour. Hannah and Logan welcomed us inside and all of us sat in the living room.

“Where is Richie?”, I asked Hannah while taking a gulp of water from my glass. “He’s with the babysitter, playing in the garden. I will call them inside in a minute so that Rachel can give him a bath and then feed him dinner”, Hannah said while smiling at me.

Khloe fidgeted with her fingers before looking at Hannah and asked, “So does life change after a baby?” Logan looked at both of us with his eyes growing wide and asked, “What is it, guys? Do you’ll have news for us?”

I looked at Khloe while she bit her lower lip at the question and I knew this was my clue to spill the beans, “We are pregnant.” Logan and Hannah smiled widely at us before Logan fist bumped me saying his congratulations and Hannah hugged Khloe saying how happy she was at the news.

“When did you’ll get to know about this?”, Hannah asked Khloe while folding her hands on her lap. Khloe looked at me once before saying nervously, “I got to know this a week ago but I told Ryan today just before I received a call from you.”

Logan and Hannah nodded in acknowledgment to what Khloe said. After that, Hannah started sharing her pregnancy experience with Khloe and all the preparations that Khloe will have to do before the baby actually arrived.

Khloe looked genuinely interested and excited and I was happy to see that she was welcoming this with as much enthusiasm as I was. I have always been too good with kids and the idea of becoming a dad myself always excited me.

I always thought about how sweet it would be to have a child of our own one day. Someone with Khloe’s big doe eyes and that beautiful smile of hers.

But Khloe wasn’t ready for having a baby then and I never forced her for it because well, its her body. But now, when I know that a mini Ryan or a mini Khloe is on its way in our life, I couldn’t be any more happy than I already was.

I didn’t know if I could love Khloe again, not now when I was already in love with someone else. I felt like shit for making Amber feel any less than what she was to me.

But I had to do this for my baby. I would be okay with not having a love fulfilled marriage with Khloe ever again if it meant that my baby would never have to see that his parents are divorced.

And also, I didn’t want to put Amber in a state where she is treated any less than what she deserves. She is young, beautiful and has her entire career in front of her.

I might have hurt her but it would be definitely less than pulling her in this mess with Khloe and me. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Logan poked me in the shoulder.

I raised an eyebrow at him and to that he replied, “Wanna get a drink upstairs at the bar?” I nodded once and got up from the couch while following Logan upstairs.

He handed a glass of whiskey to me before pouring a glass of bourbon for himself. “Man, Hannah will screw me if she sees me drinking before dinner”, Logan said before chuckling to himself.

I passed him a small smile before taking a sip of my drink. He stared at me for a second as if analysing me before saying, “You don’t look too happy for a guy who has heard the best news of his life. Isn’t becoming a dad something that you always wanted?”

I swirled the liquid in my glass before saying, “I am happy, Logan. I just feel as if it is still a dream and I would wake up any minute and things will be back to where they were. I am too overwhelmed with the news of me becoming a daddy. That’s it, I guess.” Logan clapped me on the shoulder before finishing his entire drink in a single gulp and said, “I know right! But it is the best thing you can ever experience. I never knew fatherhood could be so fulfilling before Richie came in our life. I am so happy for you, brother.”

I passed him a big smile this time that reached my eyes and took another sip of my drink. “It’s been such a long time since I last saw you. Infact, it has been so long that I don’t even remember the last time I saw you. Don’t get so invested in planning strategies against Parker enterprises that you don’t have time for your best buddy”, I said to him while pouring myself another glass of whiskey.

“Har Har! But yes, it has been a long time since we last met”, Logan said while scrubbing his jaw. He took a minute’s pause as if he was trying to remember something before he said loudly causing me to jump a little.

“Ahhh! I do remember when we last met. It was at the mayor’s party. Man, how could I forget that! It was just like old times. You and me, together like teenagers, without a care in the world. You were so loaded that you couldn’t even walk straight that night. We sat on the roof of your penthouse in New Jersey all night while smoking pot and drinking cheap beer. Do you remember it now?”, Logan said with a big smile on his face as he reminisced the good old days. I was going to take a sip from my newly refilled glass when his words registered in my brain and it took me a whole minute to understand what they meant.

What the fuck was Logan saying? How was it possible that I was with him that night when Khloe said that I was with her, having sex?

I kept my glass on the counter and scrubbed my face with both my hands while trying to stay calm. Logan looked at my sudden weirdness and asked me while laying a hand on my shoulder, “What ‘s wrong with you? You look pale all of a sudden. Are you gonna throw up?”

I looked at him while tears pricked at the corner of my eyes and asked him, already afraid of hearing his answer, “Are you sure I was with you at the night of the mayor’s party?” Logan thought again before saying, his voice dripping with confidence, “Yes, man. I am sure we were together. Ask your wife if you don’t believe me. She was the one who came to pick you up with that dick Charlie, the CEO of Holmes Ltd. in the morning after I had made a drunk call to Hannah saying that I missed her. Hannah informed Khloe that you were with me and so your wife came to pick you up in your drunken state.”

All the air left my lungs after I could finally register what was going on. The night when I found Khloe sharing a drink with Charlie in that cheap roadside bar.

And all those nights when she told me that she was staying with her mom but now I exactly knew where she was. She definitely made a baby at the night of the mayor’s party but it was definitely not with me.

“Why didn’t you say me that she was with Charlie?”, I screamed at Logan while stepping down from the stool. Logan rubbed his eyebrow before saying, “Man, I thought it was weird when I saw them there, together. And I even asked Khloe if she wanted me to ask my driver to drop you’ll off. But she told me that it was fine and that Charlie would drop you’ll at your place. I didn’t dig into the details because it was none of my business. And, I also thought that it might be some sort of business meeting so I decided to not poke my nose into it.”

I strolled in the room that suddenly seemed too small to accommodate me and with each passing minute it felt as if the walls were coming closer and closer in an attempt to crush me in between. Logan took a step towards me and asked, “What is up with you, Ryan? Why are you behaving like this all of a sudden? Atleast say something. You are literally freaking me out right now.”

“It isn’t my baby, Logan. She lied to me. She fucking played me again”, I said while punching the wall next to me. Logan pushed me away from the wall before saying, his voice sounding ragged, “Ryan, calm down man. Let’s go down and talk to her. I am sure there is some misunderstanding.”

I knew that there was nothing left to understand now. This wasn’t my baby and maybe this was the reason why I couldn’t feel the reality in my bones.

I trusted her and this was my second biggest mistake. First was, falling in love with her.

Even after knowing how ugly she plays, I fucking believed her and fell in her trap. But enough was enough.

I can’t stay with her, not even for a single minute now. I want to get her out of my life as soon as possible.

I climbed down the stairs to the living room with Logan following me closely. But the living room was empty except, the Frank Sinatra voice accompanying me on the stereo.

I heard faint noises coming from the kitchen and I knew that the bitch was in there. As I came closer to the kitchen, I heard the sound of Khloe laughing, something that I loved so much once upon a time.

But now it just sounded like a shriek to me, reminding me of my failure to get true love in life, reminding me of the fool I was to trust a woman like her. I took huge steps towards the kitchen and as soon as I made my way inside, the two of them stopped talking.

Khloe was holding a wine glass in her hand and on seeing me she kept it on the counter before making her way towards me. “You shouldn’t be drinking”, I told her while eyeing her wine glass.

She circled her hands around my waist before saying, “A little wine won’t cause any damage to the baby.” I laid my hands on hers and slowly uncurled them from my waist before dropping them to her sides.

“So, how was the night of the mayor’s party, babe? Like, I am actually having a bit difficulty in remembering our love making session. Can you help me remember it? Was I soft on you or did I ride you like a monster? Did I lay my lips on your sex while you arched in pleasure?” Khloe looked around her to see Hannah whose mouth was open in surprise. Logan stepped inside the kitchen and held Hannah by her hand, making their way out.

Once it was just the two of us in there, I knew this was it. The end of a disastrous marriage.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hello guyssss! Welcome back to a brand new chapter. What do you guys think? Is that baby someone else's or does Khloe have a certain explanation about the baby still being Ryan's? To know more, stick tight to my story and come back again for the next update. My next update will be on Thursday. Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your friends and family. See you soon♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 335 24
"Nia." Her name softly fell from his lips and she soaked in his sweet breath like a pancake to syrup. Her eyes were low and she was watching his ches...
132K 4.9K 70
I watched as the blood seeped through the white fabric, staining her once white bridal gown. I cradled her in my arms while covering the gun shot wou...
408 5 15
Ashley is a strugling model. Her career bloom when she met Pete. They talk. They date. They fall in love. Everything is perfectly fine until Ryan cam...
319K 7.7K 36
"Be mine, Hailey." He breathed against her neck, loving how she smelled like honey. She always smelled so damn good and it drove him crazy. He just...