DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

By jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... More

Prologue
A Sunrise
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
The One Who Never Stopped Loving
One Wall Down
Fallen Too Far
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Betrayal
The Nameless Woman
The Price of Knowledge
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

Prison of the Paradox

633 40 12
By jimins_bbydoll

GET WELL SOON BABY MEOW 

_____

Jimin's eyes took in the man in front of him, whose chest was heaving almost painfully and the need to comfort overtook Jimin almost violently.

"Yoongi?" he called out softly, not wanting to startle the man.

Yoongi's head snapped up in a way that had Jimin wincing. His eyes were the size of saucers, glistening with unshed tears. It was such a stark contrast from his usual sarcastic behavior that Jimin gulped down the sudden wave of emotions that hit him.

"Oh Yoongi" Jimin at once rushed to the man's side, heart yearning to comfort. He sat down on the bed beside him, wrapping an arm around the Reaper's shoulder, slightly pulling the man towards him. "Shh, it's just a nightmare, yeah?"

Yoongi seemed to break a little at that. "He-he died..."

"It's a dream, Yoongi" Jimin whispered, reassuringly. "It's not real, yeah?"

"It was m-my fault" Yoongi hiccupped. He turned to face Jimin, eyes desperate and pleading for something Jimin didn't even know how to provide. "It was my fault"

"Yoongi..." Jimin didn't know what to say but he had to do something. "Do you want to...talk about it?"

Yoongi shook his head furiously, looking down at his hands on his lap.

"Okay" Jimin bit his lip. "Okay, then. But whatever it is, it can't touch you, yeah?" he tightened his hold around Yoongi. "I'm right here. I'm right here with you, okay? So take a deep breath? Hmm? Can you do that for me?"

Yoongi looked as if he were about to protest, but then he obliged, closing his eyes and taking a shuddering breath.

"There you go" Jimin smiled. "Do it again?"

The Reaper obeyed. His chest stopped heaving harshly, much to Jimin's relief. He waited till the Reaper had calmed down visibly; waited till he didn't look as shaken.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" The human brushed away some stray strands of hair from Yoongi's forehead, restraining himself from leaning into press a kiss. Yoongi shook his head.

"Okay then, I'll bring you a glass of water? It'll make you feel better"

"No, stay" Yoongi mumbled. His hands clenched into fists. "Please. Don't go"

Jimin tried not to cry himself. Yoongi sounded so...lost. "You want me to sleep here with you?"

The Reaper nodded mutely, looking like a small child.

"O-okay" Jimin was sure his heart skipped several beats at that. "I'll sing you to sleep then, how about that?" What are you even saying Park Jimin? Every time you sing Taehyung never fails to comment how horrible it is.

Jimin resolutely ignored the rational part of him.

And Taehyung's an idiot anyway.

Yoongi's small 'okay' had Jimin's heart twisting into knots. He squeaked when Yoongi abruptly pulled him down with him, wrapping his arms around Jimin in a tight hold.

Jimin tried to calm himself down but all that went out the window when Yoongi leaned down to bury his head in the crook of his neck, hot breath fanning over his skin.

Fuck.

"Sing" Yoongi ordered sleepily.

Jimin wracked his brain for a song rhythmic enough for a lullaby and soothing enough for Yoongi to be at least a little happy.

It clicked to him in that moment that Yoongi was always trying to validate himself by helping those around him in an exaggerated way; in a way that could break him. Somewhere along the line he'd done something that he regrets in such a magnitude it was pulling him under.

So in a moment of inspiration he parted his lips to sing one of his favorite songs- "So I never really knew you"

His voice rang out softly in the night.

"God I really tried to. Blindsided, addicted"

Subconsciously, one of his smaller hands moved to the back of Yoongi's head, fingers gently running through the short hair there.

"Felt we could really do this But really I was foolish. Hindsight it's obvious" There was a slight tremor in his voice mostly contributed by his nervousness. "Talking with my lawyer she said 'Where'd you find this guy?'" He took a shaky breath, before continuing. "I said, 'Young people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes'"

Yoongi's hold loosened around his, but he did not let go, or tell Jimin to stop. So he went on.

"Some mistakes get made that's alright, that's okay. You can think that you're in love when you're really just in pain"

Yoongi sucked in a sharp breath.

"Some mistakes get made that's alright, that's okay. In the end it's better for me that's the moral of the story, babe"

There was a beat of silence where Yoongi was completely still and Jimin softly asked ̶ "Are you asleep?"

At that, Yoongi shook his head, still in the crook of Jimin's neck and his hair tickled Jimin's cheek, who giggled, now a bit sleepy. "'kay then, I'll sing again"

"It's funny how a memory turns into a bad dream" his free hand moved to rub Yoongi's back. "When running wild turns volatile"

Being in Yoongi's arms like this calmed his heart and made all his worries vanish into thin air. He could feel the strain of the day finally settling in and the sleep slowly creeping in.

And yet, he sang.

"Remember how we painted our house? Just like my grandparents did, so romantic. But we fought the whole time, should have seen the signs, yeah

Talking with my mother she said 'Where'd you find this guy?'

I said, 'Some people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes"

Even before, it was this point when Yoongi had loosened his hold, and now, it tightened again and Jimin filed away those song lyrics for later analysis. His heart clenched affectionately when the Reaper murmured a small 'thank you'.

In lieu of an answer, Jimin continued singing, words now slightly slurred with sleep. "Some mistakes get made that's alright, that's okay. You can think that you're in love when you're really just in pain"

"Some mistakes get made that's alright, that's okay. In the end it's better for me that's the moral of the story, babe"

Jimin retreated to humming the rest of the song, smiling sleepily when Yoongi's head lolled slightly to the side, peacefully asleep. Upon further scrutiny, Jimin could feel his smile growing wider at the soft image the Reaper made.

He'd love to lull Yoongi to sleep like this, every single day.

His smile froze and his heart tightened like a bowstring pulled taut at the casual thought.

At once, a stream of distressed questions filled his mind, blocking out all the serenity that he had built up before.

How could he stay every day when he was dying?

How much longer could he stay here in Elyxion with Yoongi?

The worst question his mind decided fling at him was- Even if he had the choice, did he really want to leave Elyxion? Did he really want to leave Yoongi?

Jimin's fists clenched,

Did he really want to...leave Yoongi?

**

Jimin woke up to an empty bed.

He frowned sleepily, fingers running over the place Yoongi should be in, a wave of disappointment rushing over him when he realized the man left and the space was cold. He sat up, mouth worked into a pout.

Oh well, Yoongi was an awkward man...right?

Or maybe he just wanted to desperately use the washroom.

He rubbed his eyes, shaking away his thoughts of denial and blinking against the sunlight streaming into Yoongi's room-

Wait.

Yoongi's room.

At once, last night's events came bombarding into his mind, throwing him into a mess of garbled up emotions. With a quiet groan, his head fell into his palms, contemplating his entire existence. What was the chance- what was the fucking chance- that when Jimin finally had one hope of going home that he would realize he might have some serious feelings for his savior.

Oh god, this could not be happening.

What was his life even coming to?

"Jimin?"

The man who was the sole reason Jimin was in such a state the moment he woke up, was casually leaning against the doorframe, looking unfairly attractive, with his arms folded over his broad chest, for so early in the morning-

Jimin threw a quick glance at the window.

Right, it was probably about ten, judging by the sunlight in the room.

He grunted in reply, squinting at Yoongi who smiled, amused. All signs of his behavior last night were out of sight, making Jimin wonder if it had happened at all and he was really starting to doubt himself- if not for the fact that he was in Yoongi's bed right now.

"I made us breakfast" Yoongi admitted, sheepishly.

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "You can cook?" his voice was thick with sleep.

The Reaper shrugged. "I have had to fend for myself for a considerably long time, you know"

When he said it like that, it made sense. Jimin was suddenly thinking of Yoongi in the kitchen, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and working on-

He suddenly yawned, pushing away all the worrisome thoughts threatening bombard him and decided that focusing on the man in front of him for now was a nice distraction. He padded out of bed, right up to Yoongi leaning in a bit to look into his eyes. He absent-mindedly wondered where he was even getting the courage from. Maybe he was still too tired to be conscious of what he was doing.

Yoongi stared back, eyes devoid of any horror he'd had the night before.

"You're okay?" Jimin asked, toning down his voice to a murmur.

The Reaper's cheeks tinted red as he looked away. "Yes. I ̶it has been a while since I had such a relaxing sleep. Thank you for that" One of his hands raised to the scratch the back of his head. "And I...I don't know what came over me, honestly. I am so sorry for throwing myself onto you like that" Jimin flushed at the memory, remembering how Yoongi had pulled him closer, hot breath on his neck.

"Just so you know" Jimin leaned back, suddenly aware of the fact that he just woke up and could possibly have morning breath. "I chose to stay" This was exactly what Yoongi had told about Hosoek the day before. "So" he shrugged. "Not your fault"

Yoongi's gaze was unreadable for a second before his lips twitched up. "Nicely played"

The human aimed a smug smile, refusing to admit that his heart beat faster at the Reaper's smile. "What can you say, I learn quickly"

**

A gentle breeze rushed passed them.

"Had a rough day?" Orenda asked, softly.

The Demon King sighed, one hand running through his black hair. "Yes"

Wishing he could at least hold Yoongi's hand, Orenda murmured,"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I do not mean to offend you, but there is nothing you can do about it..." the man shot him an apologetic smile.

Orenda scooted closer to the Demon King on the bench. "Talking can ease the burden, you know"

"I know. And thank you for offering" Yoongi looked away. "It is- it is just a misunderstanding with a very good friend of mine. I really do not feel like talking about it..."

The angel hummed. "Whenever the going gets rough, just remember I am here"

Yoongi smiled gratefully. "Thank you, angel"

**

When Hoseok came around, he plopped a large square parcel on the ground, arousing Jimin's curiosity.

"What's that?" he asked, bending down for a closer look. It looked like a folded up...cloth. Which was very stiff.

Hoseok shrugged away his bag and sat down on the couch. "A tent" he replied.

Jimin blinked. "We're camping?"

"Did you expect five star hotels?" Yoongi's voice had Jimin's head snapping in that direction, noting that the Reaper was carrying the bag the two of them had packed together. Packed together.

Get it together Jimin.

"I wasn't really expecting anything" he admitted, standing back up as Yoongi walked into the living room. "Anyway, what's our plan on finding where Draiotch is?"

"I was thinking of me and Hoseok sneaking around. Invisibly" Yoongi confessed and Jimin frowned at the admission.

"You're leaving me behind?" Yoongi's awkward silence after his inquiry was an answer in itself and Jimin huffed, glaring at the Reaper. "There's no way I'm staying behind Yoongi. You should know this by now"

"But it is dangerous"

"I'm going to play my part in this and you can't stop me" the human raised an eyebrow challengingly as if daring Yoongi to argue and Yoongi just sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Hoseok sniggered.

"Fine" The Reaper exasperatedly muttered. "But then how are you going to sneak around?"

At this, Hoseok chimed in. "Can you not make him invisible too?"

"No wait" Jimin gave a devilish smile, a gradual plan forming itself in his mind He looked at the two men before him, eyes sparkling. "I've a better idea"

**

Jimin was pacing around nervously, dried up leaves crinkling beneath his feet. Occasionally he glanced at the wrist watch Yoongi had given him: they needed to be as precise as they could be for this.

He gasped when he felt a touch on his shoulder, turning back to face a grinning Yoongi holding his scythe. A second later, Hoseok materialized in front of them, leaving the Reaper's hand empty.

"So?" Jimin inquired, hands rubbing together, from nervousness or from excitement, he did not know.

"Well, we found where the extra supplies are, and where the guards sleep" Hoseok gave a triumphant grin. "So I suppose we are all set to infiltrate"

"I have to hand it to you Jimin, this is idea is more efficient than roaming around for ages trying to find his cell" Yoongi ran a hand through his hair. "Good thinking"

"I've watched a lot of stealthy shit like this" Jimin replied, grinning. "Okay, so let's do this?"

"Right okay" Yoongi raised his arm upwards, his index and middle finger pointing out like finger gun. He closed his eyes to concentrate, lips moving almost silently, chanting, while Jimin quickly pocketed a sustenance potion knowing that Yoongi would need it.

Hoseok jumped in first, and then Jimin. He looked around the room filled with odds and ends and gathered it up to be the supply room. Finally, Yoongi tumbled out, accidentally knocking over a small stool that made a loud noise. They all flinched, looking around the supply room.

A minute later, they concluded that no one was coming after them. Jimin handed Yoongi the vial and the man smiled gratefully: his face was almost white. Hoseok and Jimin searched about for guard uniforms, peaking in to every nook until Hoseok gave a small cry of triumph. He pulled out some uniforms for all three and handed them out. Jimin belatedly realized he's changing with Yoongi in vicinity. He couldn't help but flush at the thought and he changed in record time, turning to just in time see Yoongi top-less.

He squeaked, looking away.

Hoseok muttered a scornful, "Oh for god's sake" obviously aimed for Jimin while the human blushed harder, trying to desperately be calm about this. Yoongi's half-naked. So what?

He's a guy.

And you're really fucking gay, Park Jimin.

"Right, so we head out now?" Yoongi's voice snapped his out of his daze and he turned to see the man looking unfairly attractive in his white uniform and its gold edges and the white headgear. His eyes moved up just to see Yoongi smirking, having caught Jimin staring and Jimin scowled, looking away.

"We meet at the bunks, yeah?" he aimed the question at Hosoek, a bit huffily. He heard Yoongi chuckle.

"Yes" Hoseok agreed, handing out what Jimin presumed where spears. "Find out as much as you can let us meet there"

Yoongi spoke up, suddenly sounding much closer to Jimin. "Do you know where it is?"Jimin shook his head, facing the man. "Right then, I will show you" Jimin tried not to think too deeply about those words and how they could be construed in...a totally different situation.

Shut up, Jimin.

Hoseok shook his head at the two of them, exasperated. "I will go now. Try not to be suspicious and please do not get caught. We cannot afford to have the council after us"

Yoongi and Jimin nodded and the man slipped out of the room, silently shutting the door behind him.

The two of them followed Hoseok's example and left the supply room themselves, alert for any signs of turmoil. Honestly though, Jimin never thought he'd be doing this kind of things in his life. I mean, he was holding a spear, for god's sake. He felt a sudden rush of adrenaline in his system.

"Pay attention to where we are going" Yoongi muttered. "I cannot always be around you"

Jimin at once shifted his attention to the path, noting the white washed walls in surprise. For a prison it was very...bright. Yoongi walked slightly ahead, holding his weapon a bit straighter when two other guards passed them. Jimin mimicked him, heaving a sigh of relief when the guards paid them no mind. Soon enough, they arrived at a wooden door with a plaque introducing the room beyond as the Guards Resting Room.

"What if there aren't enough bunks for us?" Jimin asked, worried.

"Well, I can make you all invisible so we can either roam about at night or just go back to the forest without an issue" Right, they were only here disguised as guards trying to squeeze out information from the actual guards.

Jimin nodded, heart beating a bit too fast to be normal. The weight of the situation hit him all of a sudden. "You'll be safe?" he asked Yoongi, concern coloring his tone. Yoongi scoffed.

"I should be asking you that" Underneath the headgear, Jimin could see a small smile. "I can manage. You need to be extra safe, alright? Do not make stupid decisions"

Jimin nodded, too anxious to make a witty response. He blinked in surprise when Yoongi took his wrist to tie...something that looked suspiciously like a bracelet. "What's that?" he asked curiously.

"An enchanted bracelet" Yoongi replied. "Sort of like a communication bracelet. You can call for help whenever, okay?" Jimin's heart warmed at that. Shit, he was so gone for this man.

He smiled at the man.

"Thank you"

**

Jimin tried to look as if he knew what he was doing. Which was a remarkably difficult task, seeing as he knew absolutely nothing about being a guard in a high security prison in a world he knew the bare outlines of. He'd had some awkward encounters throughout the day: people asking him whether he knew if high commander was visiting them today; what group he supported in the witches versus demon matches happening this season; how he'd been established in the Prison of Paradox and how long his military had training dragged on for. So far, Jimin had managed to wiggle out of them without much suspicions arising and now, just as he was leaning against a wall, exhausted, the loud bell rang startling him.

"What's that?" he breathlessly asked the man next to him, who eyed him in surprise.

"The lunch break" he said this as if it was obvious.

"Oh" Jimin considered this. "Could you show me where the cafeteria is?"

The man nodded his consent and Jimin followed him all the way to a vast hall, looking around to remember his way to the place. He looked around, a bit lost. Everyone seemed to have their own groups and tables to sit in.

Someone bumped into him.

"Jimin, it's me" Hoseok grinned while Jimin sighed in relief. "Where is Yoongi?"

"Don't know, I just came in myself" As he spoke, his eyes wandered around the hall. "We should probably get an empty table before it gets stacked"

"Or maybe we should join some other's conversations" both Hoseok and Jimin turned to face Yoongi, who had appeared behind them just then. "We could get some information. They would cut some slack during break time"

Jimin should really be concentrating on the man's words rather than how hot he looked while sounding like a commander of a serious mission. As it was, Hoseok answered for the both of them while he was distracted with a thoughtful, "Yes"

"T- then" Jimin coughed and regained his composure. "Let's split up again"

They agreed, and went in their different ways. Jimin picked up a tray and piled it up, feeling quite hungry. He walked about, trying to see some people that looked...nice enough, he supposed, to strike up a conversation.

"Hey, newbie"

Jimin turned to face the woman who had called him. Her headgear lay on the bench beside her, revealing her brunette hair up in a tight ponytail.

"Come join us" she grinned, but it was not malicious and Jimin took comfort in it. He nodded and slid into the bench next to her. In front of him were two men, offering him friendly grins. He smiled back.

"First day here?" One of them asked and Jimin nodded. "Where were you stationed at first?"

Jimin tried not to panic at that. "Actually, this is my first station" it wasn't necessarily a lie either.

"That's strange" The lady next to him said and Jimin's heart skipped a beat anxiously. "New ones don't get transferred here easily"

Jimin opened his mouth to reply when the other man, who had been quiet so far interrupted him to say, "Maybe he's one of those special cases. Right?" the last part was addressed to Jimin who nodded almost fervently. "See" he offered an easy smile, running a hand through his black hair. "Name's Lucas. You?"

"Jimin" he said, stuffing himself with food for something to occupy himself with.

The other man introduced himself as Hyojong and the lady as Hyuna. They slip into an effortless conversation, joking around and finally Jimin deemed it appropriate to slip in a question.

"So, where are the most dangerous ones?" he casually asked, bending down to flick away an imaginary crumb on his thigh, trying to look indifferent.

"Most dangerous prisoners?" Hyuna's brow furrowed. "Oh honey, they're way off. Even I'm not sure where they are"

Lucas laughed breezily. "That's because you haven't been here long enough. They're in the tower"

"The tower?" Jimin's eyebrows shot up.

Hyojong nodded, leaning forward. "It's right in the center of the courtyard, watched by every corner"

"Oh" Jimin stored this information in his mind. "Right. So...I heard there's someone called Draiotch..." Maybe he tried too hard to be casual about it, but hell, he wanted to desperately know. "Know anything?"

"No, not as far as I know" Hyojong thoughtfully replied. "Why? Have anything against him?"

Jimin mustered up a nervous laugh. "No no, just curious"

He saw Lucas look at him weirdly at that, but he chose to ignore it.

**

"Tower in the middle of the courtyard" Jimin said, casually leaning against a wall. Yoongi had his arms behind his back, pretending to monitor the corridor. He wasn't actually pretending though, he'd been assigned a job. He'd whined a bit about having to actually work to Jimin but other than that, he was completely serious. "That's where the dangerous ones are"

"I managed to get that Draiotch is in a tower, but the people were looking at me most suspiciously" Yoongi looked over his shoulder. "So I had to drop it before I could ask where it was"

"I asked about him, but they said they didn't know someone like that" Jimin so badly wanted to take the headgear off. It was so heavy.

"Oh, you need to ask for he who knows it all" Yoongi shrugged. "That's his most famous synonym"

They both stood in the silence for a few.

"So tomorrow we find out where his cell is?" Jimin spoke up and Yoongi nodded. He leaned closer to say, "I can creep about tonight to find the tower. It should not be hard to find, but it would be easier for tomorrow"

Jimin sighed. "Did you take the potion?"

Yoongi barely got out a yes out when a senior guard, they knew this because of the golden badge they wore, walked up to them inquisitively. During his limited time in the prison, Jimin had already learned how to identify one's rank by just one look. Senior's had a golden badge on their breastplate. Those in a bit lesser rank had a silver badge. Rookies like Jimin and Yoongi had none. They stood up straight till the man passed away, deeming them unsuspicious.

"You should get going" The Reaper muttered. "You were not assigned here, they will notice"

Jimin was reluctant to leave, but his heavy heart was uplifted a bit when Yoongi lifted his headgear a bit to aim him a smile. "Sleep well" he said and Jimin smiled back, gracing him with a soft "Good night"

Later, as he snuggled into a barely comfortable bunk bed (There had been extra ones, thank god), he hoped that they'd soon be able to leave this place. No matter how exciting it was, he didn't want to get arrested in a world he barely knew. But more than that, he really didn't want Yoongi and Hoseok to get into trouble over him.

Let's hope we actually find something out tomorrow.

With that thought on his mind, he fell into a fitful sleep.

_____

Ahahahaha im a sucker for Yoonmin what can i say

Stay Safe!

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 150 46
Being the most blessed person among the people around him, Jungkook never knew what a sorrow is.... Because he has everything in his life he could ev...
724 24 7
"Let me help you Jimin hyung,let me in your life please.I'll make you forget every single pain,please give me one chance." "It's not that easy jungko...
83.7K 7.3K 78
"And yet people tend to forget, that love is but of one kind." As a researcher studying the Earth, and the cosmos, his world was pretty much normal...
10.8K 810 30
//STRONG LANGUAGE AND DETAILED INTIMATE STUFF O K He finds someone that gives him something special. Someone to replace something else.. But can t...