DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

By jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... More

Prologue
A Sunrise
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
The One Who Never Stopped Loving
One Wall Down
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
Prison of the Paradox
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Betrayal
The Nameless Woman
The Price of Knowledge
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

Fallen Too Far

624 42 11
By jimins_bbydoll

Life Goes On <3

Can't wait!

how are you all? 

_____

"We fell in love"

The only reply Jimin could force out of him was a small 'oh'. He didn't know why it- the fact that Yoongi had been in love- affected him so much.

The Reaper hummed, seemingly oblivious to Jimin's inner turmoil. "It was very stupid of us" he chuckled a bit forcefully, picking at his fingernails. "But it happened..."

The silence after that wasn't one that Jimin wanted to break, but Yoongi had a story to tell which Jimin had prompted him to and Jimin couldn't back out now.

"Then?" he asked, absent-mindedly stroking Yoongi's hands with his thumb. "Then what happened?"

"We kept out distance at all times. Came up with excuses to be seen together. And it went well...for a while" There was a tense pause before Yoongi continued. "But one night, we...we gave in"

Jimin desperately wanted to hug this man, but instead satisfied himself with a gentle squeeze of Yoongi's hand and inquired, "What happened next?"

"They found out" The sheer contempt in the usually rough yet soft voice had Jimin a bit surprised.

"They...?"

Yoongi's hand tightened around Jimin's. "The council" 

"Shit" Now, Jimin might not have exactly seen or heard them, but from what he has learnt so far from Seokjin, Hoseok and Yoongi, he knows that the council is just a bunch of power-hungry morons.

The Reaper laughed, but it leaked frustration and anger. "Yes. And they banished me, forced me into exile. So here I am, just having the time of my life" The heavy sarcasm in his voice made the human wince.

Jimin waited a bit for the anger to visibly dissipate before he asked, "So what happened to...Orenda?"

Yoongi stood up, letting go of Jimin's hand and making the human feel oddly discontent. "It is not a thing I want to recall"

With that, he walked away, leaving Jimin feeling confused and a tad bit guilty.

**

Afterwards, Jimin had gone to eat breakfast, mind still on the conversation he'd had with Yoongi and belatedly wondering if he had pushed the man's limits.

What's done has been done, he sighed to himself wishing that he could actually convince himself this and washing his plate and leaving it to dry. He walked out to the living room, curling up on the couch with a book and patting Mochi who had jumped up to join him, when Yoongi sauntered out of his room, a satchel hanging from his shoulders and holding a parchment that looked a lot like a...map.

Jimin frowned, looking up from the map to Yoongi's face. "You're going out today too?" His mind ran to the thoughts of whether Yoongi was feeling any better after the talk they'd had- thoughts he tried best to shove into a pit. But what if he feels worse? His stupid subconscious mind spat at him. Jimin pursed his lips.

The Reaper shrugged, the motion pulling Jimin out of his thoughts.

"But you need to rest" Jimin protested. "You weren't doing that well yesterday"

"There is no time to be resting" The man monotonously replied.

Jimin aimed a frustrated look at him. "At least eat before you go"

Yoongi hastily rearranged the bag. "Jimin I really shouldn't- "

"Please?" Jimin gave Yoongi the best pout he could manage, whooping in joy when Yoongi sighed and rolled his eyes and turned to move to the kitchen without a word.

He missed the fond smile Yoongi had on his face due to his excitement.

Moments later, Yoongi was gulping down breakfast with a warm cup of milk beside while Jimin rummaged about to find a box he could put some food into, so Yoongi could take it with him.

"Oh, hey where should I put those vials Seokjin gave me?" he piped up, chanting a small 'Yes!' when he found a good enough lunch box. "You're the one who's going to need them"

"He gave you medicine?" Yoongi asked in surprise.

Jimin faltered. "Did I not tell you?"

The Reaper shook his head and Jimin felt a wave of guilt crashing on him because what if Yoongi had needed the medicine but had to go without it because Jimin had forgotten to say?

"Sorry it- "

"It kind of slipped your mind?" Jimin's head snapped up only to see the mirth dancing in Yoongi's eyes and he let out a defensive whine.

"I was going to ask you where to put them, but shit happened so"

Yoongi laughed, shoulders shaking and Jimin watched him, a tad bit endeared. "Were there any vials for sustenance?"

"Oh yes. A lot"

"Good, I need those" the satisfied smile on Yoongi's face had Jimin staring at him for a second too long before turning away with flushed cheeks and packing up some food in the box he'd chosen. "The sustenance potion helps more than the food" the Reaper said and for some reason, Jimin's shoulders slumped. "Not that the food doesn't help, it does. Just not as much..."

Jimin hummed, walking over to Yoongi and placing the packed box of food in front of him. "You better eat all of that" he warned before walking out of the kitchen to find the vials of potions.

"How many vials do you want?" he called out from the living room.

"Just one" the Reaper called back.

Successfully retrieving one vial, he practically skipped back to Yoongi, who was now washing his plate. "I'll put it to your bag?"

Yoongi hummed, so Jimin proceeded to do what he said.

"You can just put the vials in the living room. It is easier for the both of us"

Jimin nodded. "Will do"

The reaper shouldered his bag again and walked out of the kitchen, straight to the front door. Jimin absent-mindedly followed him, a tiny bit reluctant to let him out of his sight. He watched as Yoongi's pace slowed as he walked out the door.

The Reaper abruptly turned to face Jimin, just staring at the human with an unreadable emotion, inevitably making Jimin flustered because what the heck was he supposed to do when Yoongi stares at him like that?

"Jimin" Yoongi called his name like it was a magical word, his voice was full of awe and Jimin just didn't know how to react to that. It made his heart jump and his stomach all fluttery.

The Reaper shook his head, almost as if he thought that Jimin was an illusion and wasn't actually in front of him. "Thank you. For all of this"

Jimin smiled widely, eyes crinkling up to form crescents. The fact that his efforts of helping Yoongi had actually helped the man- Jimin felt ridiculously happy. "Anytime"

They stared at each other for the longest time, each of them seemingly lost in the other's eyes, forming a little bubble where it was nothing but them.

Yoongi raised an arm, reaching out as if was going to touch Jimin and the human waited with bated breath, heart almost palpitating-

Until Yoongi seemed to come back to his senses and withdrew his arm to scratch the back of his head awkwardly, cheeks red. "I...I will head out now"

Jimin shook his head a bit, resolutely denying the fact that he felt a bit disappointed and smiled. "Yeah. Stay safe. And eat" he added sternly and Yoongi rolled his eyes, despite his lips curving upwards at the corners.

"You have an unhealthy obsession with my diet" he mused.

"Well" Jimin crossed his arms over his chest. "Someone has to worry, if you insist on ignoring it like the idiot you are"

Yoongi laughed, this time a genuine one that made Jimin's stomach flop, and ruffled Jimin's hair. "Fair point"

Jimin would be lying if he said that he didn't touch the top of his head and smile widely to himself after Yoongi had gone.

**

It came as a surprise, when Jimin was just day dreaming on the couch after having unpacked all the vials and the medical equipment neatly on a shelf, that a bat flew right at him, dropping a rolled up paper on his lap. Blinking out of his daze, he held the parchment gingerly, a kind of excitement rumbling through him as he read the sender's name: Hoseok.

It had been almost a week without any contact with the man.

Jimin,

I hope you are doing well and Yoongi has not stepped out of line. And that you are forcing him to eat at least a meal per day.

Jimin winced, taking this to mean that Yoongi would go days on without eating.

They have confined us to our houses, and even sometimes, they read the letter sent by bats. I had to send the bat late at night to avoid that. And it may take some time for the letter to reach you because well, the bat cannot create a portal, you know?

I hope the count ends before a month passes by. I kind of miss having someone to bicker with.

And I may miss that horrifying cat too. A bit.

Jimin laughed out loud at that.

Just in case Yoongi, being the great oaf he is, did not tell you how to send a bat, all you need to do is write a letter and roll it up small enough so the bat can grip it and tell it the name of the person who you want the letter delivered to.

Hope to hear from you soon.

-Hoseok.

Lips stretched in a wide smile, Jimin scrambled to find a piece of paper and a pen immediately.

Hoseok,

I'm doing great and Yoongi's being so nice to me. Although he's not in the house that much because he's out looking for something.

I've managed to get him to eat too, by the way. He grumbles but he ends up eating anyway.

And yes, I miss you too and I'm sure Mochi misses having someone to terrorize.

All jokes aside, I hope you and Seokjin are safe.

I REALLY hope that this will not last a month. And HOW did you guess that Yoongi had not told me that?

Take care okay? Smile :)

-Jimin.

Rolling the paper up, Jimin hesitatingly walked over to the bat perched on the armrest of the couch, looking all too intimidating.

It's just a bat Jimin. Don't be stupid.

Slowly he held out the letter and in a sudden movement, the creature grabbed it with one of it's hind legs and looked directly at Jimin, as if it was waiting for something.

"Uh...Jung Hoseok" Jimin mumbled. "Take the letter to Jung Hoseok. Please" he added as an afterthought.

Without a second to spare, the bat flew off.

Jimin let out a breath he didn't even knew he had held in.

There's a first time for everything, he wearily thought.

Yoongi came back earlier than expected.

Jimin was just making himself a cup of coffee when he heard the front door open. Quickly adding sugar and stirring the beverage, he walked out to greet the man.

"You're back early- " Jimin stopped mid-sentence, eyes widening as he took in the Reapers state, clothes torn, bruises everywhere and looking a second away from falling on to the ground.

Jimin immediately rushed forward, hastily keeping the cup of tea of the coffee table before wrapping an arm around Yoongi's waist and supporting him. "What on Earth happened to you?" he asked, worry lacing every syllable of his sentence. He led the other to sit down on the couch gently.

"It looks worse than it feels" Yoongi had the gall to give him a grin and Jimin wanted to smack him upside down. "I was just going to take a shower"

"You're just acting cool, you idiot. Wait right here. I'll bring some stuff to..." He took in Yoongi's condition. "Wrap you up"

"Honestly I am fi-"

Jimin glared at him which effectively shut the man up.

He sorted out some surgical spirit and whatnot from the resources he had just unpacked today before moving to kneel in front of Yoongi, gently starting to work on the bruises on his arms.

"Honestly where the fuck did you go to get so- " Jimin waved an arm to emphasize the word that did not come out of his mind. "Fucked up, if I may say"

Yoongi chuckled at Jimin's choice of words. "Exploring. The Nyx is a rough place"

"You don't say" Jimin rolled his eyes, dabbing a bit of ointment on Yoongi's forearm. "Can I know what you were looking for? Or is it some big bad magical secret?"

"You say that like you have been personally offended by big bad magical secrets"

"Maybe I have been" Jimin huffed, moving to Yoongi's left arms.

"Is that so?" Suddenly, in front of Jimin was not Yoongi's incredibly bruised arm but the man's face and oh, it was so close, Jimin could practically count Yoongi's eyelashes. He dazedly realized that Yoongi was holding his chin, angling his face to face the Reaper.

Jimin's heart skipped a beat.

"Y- yes..." If he were being brutally honest, Jimin had lost track of their conversation.

Yoongi's lips curled up in a smirk and the sight made Jimin's stomach tie into knots. How could someone be so hot with dirt all over their face? "Care to elaborate?" The Reaper's voice was a smooth murmur that had Jimin leaning in closer. Until-

What are you doing Park Jimin?!

Jimin pulled back as if he had been struck by lightning, but not without smacking the other's chest, glaring, cheeks an endearing pink. "Shut up, you big idiot"

Yoongi was still smirking, looking insufferably smug. Jimin huffed. "I said shut up"

"I was not even saying anything" The Reaper looked beyond entertained and Jimin couldn't help but scowl.

Stupid fathead.

"Go take a damn wash make sure not to scrub the wounds. And come back for dinner" Jimin snappily ordered, standing up and brushing his knees, before collecting all the supplies and putting them away. "And no, you can't skip dinner"

He heard Yoongi grumble as he walked away and Jimin smiled to himself, heart swelling with affection.

**

Washed away from all grime and dirt, Yoongi looked much better. He dramatically sighed as he pulled a chair to sit down at the dining table, chin on the palm of his hand as he watched Jimin at the stove.

"I never thought you you'd have ramen in a world like this" Jimin commented, as he stirred the noodles, shooting Yoongi a quick smile.

"Is that not a sort of food that exceeds worlds?" Yoongi shrugged. "It is convenient"

"I mean sure but..." Jimin took out two plates. "Ramen and magic don't really mix well, you know?"

"Why are you even thinking about this?"

"Because I can" Jimin deadpanned. He placed Yoongi's dish in front of him before he himself pulled out a chair and sat down. Yoongi mumbled a quite 'thank you' before he dug in.

They ate in comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"Oh" Yoongi suddenly exclaimed. "Sorry, I did not tell you what I was looking for, did I?"

Jimin shot him a look, the tips of his ears turning red in embarrassment as he thought back to it. "You were too busy being an idiot, remember?"

The Reaper laughed, labeit his cheeks turning red. "That was me having fun"

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Sure. Fun. Have fun at my expense, I'm sure it feels wonderful"

"It does" Yoongi replied without a moment's hesitation, making Jimin splutter indignantly. He realized, much to his happiness, that Yoongi was not as awkward around him as he used to be. "Anyway, to answer your question from before, I am looking for a library"

"A library?"

"Yes it is...the most ancient one in all of Elyxion" Yoongi took a long gulp of water before he continued. "It has been hidden from the people for a long time but I remember that it had the most confidential information about Elyxion. So I thought that it might help find a way for you to go back home"

Jimin's throat blocked up as a wave of raw emotion hit him.

Yoongi was doing all of that...for him?

The stupid, stupid idiot.

How could he be so...helping?

"But...why?" he managed to choke out.

Yoongi looked unperturbed. "Because you want to go back home" he said it like it was so simple. Like all that mattered was Jimin going back home.

Jimin could understand why Hoseok was so devoted to this man and was willing to go on such lengths to look out for him. Yoongi would give his life, if that was the way he could help someone out. It was almost as if he lived by believing that he deserved nothing, but those around him deserve everything.

"You didn't have to..." Jimin didn't know what to say. "You're an idiot, I would've helped you out! You should've told me something!"

"But you're not in the best state either, are you? You look exhausted" The Reapers words had Jimin thinking back to his shocking reality; the fact that his days were numbered...

He shook his head, dismantling the thoughts.

"It's my issue, I want to help" he firmly said, hoping that his voice wasn't going to wobble. He could feel an onslaught of emotions and he really should be in his room alone right now but-

"Jimin, no" Yoongi shook his head, and he too, was firm. "I at least have the sustenance potions. I can restore my health"

"You can't say no, this is my problem" Jimin said as evenly as he could.

"But you cannot partake in this, it will only make you weaker-" Yoongi sounded like he knew Jimin would die and the knowledge made the human hysterical for some reason.

"I don't care! Every passing day I just feel more and more lost and I just want some to do" his voice broke at the last word and the tense atmosphere in the room melted into a somber one.

Jimin pushed away his plate, his appetite now gone.

"Fine"

His head snapped up at the Reaper, who didn't look happy at the decision. His arms crossed over his chest, eyes hardening as he looked at Jimin. "Fine, you can come with me. Under one condition though"

Jimin was silent for a second. "What?"

"If you are not feeling okay at any second, you have to tell me. Am I clear?"

As Jimin looked into the Reaper's eyes, he could see the concern in the other's orbs. Jimin blinked back his tears as he replied with a shaky, "Yeah"

"Good"

After that, Jimin felt a bit off about talking of the topic again. He had a litany of questions of course; when do they go? Does he need anything special? What should he wear? But he felt wary of asking them. It was that feeling you get when you persuade your parents into allowing you to do something which they were against in the beginning but you were troubling about it so much, they gave in, so in the end you feel guilty for asking in the first place.

He got up, cleaning his plate and awkwardly standing there with a glass of water in his hands, trying to figure out whether he should start talking or not when Yoongi spoke up, voice a notch softer.

"Do you want to help me sort out the maps?"

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Sort out the maps?"

"Well" Yoongi too, got up, heading toward the sink and Jimin was suddenly struck with how domestic all of this was. "I only have a vague idea of where this library could be, so I have to plot out where I need to head next and all so..." he placed the plate in its original place. "Would you like to help?"

"Of course"

"Great"

Yoongi walked out of the kitchen and Jimin followed him, all the way to the living room where Yoongi unloaded his satchel on the coffee table. Jimin squinted at the mess of papers and books.

"How do you even find anything in here?" he inquired, sitting down on the couch.

"I manage"

Honestly sometimes it was too tempting to smack this man.

Yoongi started pulling out random pieces of paper while Jimin watched, confused.

"Okay, wait" He held up his palms, emphasizing his statement. "Explain the process of sorting out the maps"

"Well" Yoongi opened a simply enormous map, leaving Jimin's slack jawed. "I need to cross out the places I covered today, which was not much, mind you, and plot out where I can go tomorrow"

Jimin recollected him thoughts and tried to focus. "So...where do you think this library is at?"

"All books I read said that it is most likely to be near the Willow, which is why it takes me so much time to explore. The Willow is at the very middle of the Nyx and we are just at the outskirts of the forest"

Jimin tried not to sound as confused as he felt. "The Willow?"

Yoongi nodded, engrossed in cutting out parts of the map he was holding, with a pen. "It is most ancient tree in Elyxion. Some say it is the essence of Elyxion, even. So it makes sense that the library is there but..."

"But?" Jimin prompted.

The Reaper seemed frustrated. "There are a few books which say that the library is somewhere else, so I am not entirely sure if I am wasting my time and energy by opening portals to the Willow"

"Oh" Jimin's brow furrowed. "But you were the Demon King. Don't they like, tell all the rulers about the so called mysterious places in the place?"

"Hmm, they would have, but I do not think anyone actually knows it exists"

"So you're looking for a place that is practically non-existent"

"Technically, yes. But I- I know that this will lead us to something very big. It can even help you, you know?"

"But what if it doesn't?" Jimin looked at Yoongi dead in the eyes.

Yoongi stared right back, unblinking. "You never know until you take the risk"

Was it just Jimin or did they have a combined uncanny ability to stare into each other's eyes for far longer than necessary?

It was Jimin who broke the eye-contact, leaning down to get a closer view of the map. "So where do you plan on going tomorrow?"

Yoongi seemed to think about this. "Well, I would like it if we stayed closer to here...just in case"

"You're willing to give your all and walk back home looking like a zombie and you're not letting me do the same?" Jimin incredulously exclaimed. "Are you kidding me?"

"Not even remotely"

Jimin spluttered indignantly, no coherent word making it past his lips.

"I told you, I have the sustenance potions and you...well, do not" Yoongi turned his attention back to the map. "Just to be on the safe side, let's stick closer to home"

"You're being extremely hypocritical right now" Jimin fumed. "You literally just said you never know until you take the risk" the human mockingly repeated, arms crossing over his chest.

"Just because I told that, it does not mean we deliberately need to put ourselves in harm" Yoongi calmly replied, sounding like a teacher reprimanding a child. "Prevention is better than cure"

Jimin aimed an unimpressed look at the Reaper, to which the other responded with a smug grin.

"Fine" The human groaned. "You win"

Yoongi shot triumphant look at Jimin, leaning back on the couch. Jimin smacked the latter's forearm without much force behind the movement. Jimin wasn't too far gone in the embarrassment to forget that Yoongi had bruises all over his arms.

"Let's get these stupid maps sorted out already"

Heads bents over the piles of maps, they did exactly that.

_____

I kinda want to do a character Q & A because i love those stuff, who knows, maybe in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 205 21
"It's okay, Jiminie. You saved me. It was all you could do." "No, it wasn't! I could've found a different way! I didn't have to kill him!" . In...
791K 63K 64
the grim reaper had a thing for a small boy by the name of park jimin, and he wasn't letting his go of his precious toy any time soon
614 70 16
Warning -Yoongi/Jimin ship. - talks of depression, suicide, self harm - main character death - homophobia - No smut (Finished not revised)
465K 19.7K 51
Jimin was just the usual quiet young man, wandering around in life dying to find something to give him purpose. At least, that's how it was before he...