DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

Af jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... Mere

Prologue
A Sunrise
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
The One Who Never Stopped Loving
Fallen Too Far
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
Prison of the Paradox
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Betrayal
The Nameless Woman
The Price of Knowledge
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

One Wall Down

637 51 19
Af jimins_bbydoll

Twice's i can't stop me.

Fabulous.

Also TXT blue hourrr

_____

Jimin woke up to Mochi pawing at his blanket, demanding attention.

He groggily sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes as he took in his unfamiliar surroundings. The small room with a table with barely enough space-

Oh shit, he was living with Yoongi now.

He blearily glanced at the clock on the table- Yoongi had given it to him the night before- eyes widening as he realized it was past ten in the morning.

What the hell, how had he managed to sleep for more than twelve hours? Had he been that tired?

He threw the covers off of him in a hurry, ignoring the indignant meow the cat let out and stumbled out of the room with a change of clothes in his hands, heading straight to the bathroom.

Minutes later, he looked much more presentable, his blonde hair falling over his forehead in soft curls and clad in an oversized t-shirt and sweats.

There was a certain excitement rumbling in his stomach; he'd maybe styled his hair in a particular way that made him look cuter and he'd maybe conveniently chosen an oversized t-shirt that showed a generous amount of his collarbones.

And he'd maybe tried too much.

One thing he knows for sure is that he did not in the least understand why he'd done all that. It hadn't been a conscious decision, as far as he knows, to look cute. It was like, at the back of his mind, he was thinking of ways to impress Yoongi.

You're an idiot, Jimin groaned in his mind. A complete idiot. You're trying to impress the Grim Reaper. You're actually trying to get him to fancy you.

What made him actually groan out loud was the note left on the coffee table, signed to him.

Jimin,

I have some things to do so I left early before you woke up. I hope you do not mind. I will be back later.

-Yoongi.

Jimin's hand ran through his hair, fingers tightening on the small piece of paper. All that effort and Yoongi wasn't even at home.

He crossed him arms over his chest, lips jutting out in a pout as he sat on the couch cross-legged, deciding to sulk for the rest of the day.

Until of course, Mochi meowed reproachfully and Jimin realized, horrified, that he had forgotten to feed the cat.

All because of a stupid stupid crush.

Instead of wallowing in the annoyance, he decided to be productive and unpack all the supplies.

Smiling fondly at Mochi lapping away at the milk, he turned to face the impending doom, hands on his hips as he took in the amount of unpacking he'd have to do.

Oh well, there was no way around this.

He started with the food.

Yoongi, thankfully, had a fridge so in went the butter and cheese (all melted, Jimin winced as he realized). He neatly stacked the milk cartons and snacks in a cupboards, eyeing them with interest. The snack weren't, of course, the same as they were on Earth. He was intrigued to see what they would taste like.

It took a half an hour to stuff all the food into available spaces.

That's almost three quarters of the supplies gone, Jimin realized and happily smiled. He figured he'd take the books out next.

Unpacking the heavy load of books was a nuisance, especially when a book slid off the top and fell to the ground, often falling on Jimin's feet and making him curse out loud. And when a corner of a book caught on the edge of a bag and refused to separate- Jimin prayed that Yoongi wasn't somewhere nearby to hear the colorful stream of curses he let out.

Most of the books he decided to keep on the small desk in his room, knowing that he was going to be reading them with more fervor that Yoongi.

Having done with situating the books, he decided he'd wait till Yoongi came back to unpack the vials. After all, it was he who needed them in the first place.

Looking around at the living room, finally free of supply bags, Jimin felt a tad bit successful. Which was stupid since it was such a mundane task. But oh well.

He yawned, stretching his arms out. Maybe he could explore around the cottage a bit, instead of being cooped up.

Or maybe he should read some books...

He sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets. He didn't have time to be frolicking around the place while he was literally draining out of life, did he?

The thought made Jimin's lips purse.

He settled down on the couch, a cup of tea by his side as he began reading a book about various types of spells and potions. He scanned the index, searching for something that would peak his interest and sighed when nothing matched with his needs.

It was as he was taking a tentative sip of the tea, mindful of its temperature, that another vision bombarded him out of the blue.

The chamber fell quiet as the heads of the council finished their murmuring.

"We have come to an agreement" A velvety voice spoke up.

Orenda leaned forward in his chair, heart thumping against his ribcage as he awaited the verdict; of whether his opinion had been valued or not.

"It has been decided that this man will not be executed"

Orenda beamed, eyes sparkling.

He glanced up at the table where the higher position bearers were seated, eyes landing on the Demon King who was already gazing at him, a smile on his face.

Orenda almost could not look away from the smile.

"Instead he will be held a prisoner, till he can redeem himself, because he has committed crimes, though for a good cause"

The young angel nodded earnestly. That was the punishment he had expected. Life should not be taken away so easily, it should be valued and cherished.

Based on one's own biased opinions, he should not take a decision as serious as ending a life.

All life was precious.

"The meeting is adjourned. You may all leave"

Opening his eyes, it was almost disorienting to not see the white-washed pillars of the council chamber. Jimin had to blink a few times to come back to reality.

Shit, he cursed. I forgot to tell Hoseok about these visions.

Jimin frustrated pulled at his hair, cursing his own existence because how had he managed to forget to talk about something that has been bothering him for weeks on? Just how?

Moments like this made him want to bang his head on a table or just scream at the sky for an hour straight.

He slammed the book shut, deciding that he didn't want to frustrate himself any further than he already was. He'd go for a walk. Yes, that would cool him off. A walk could do the trick.

**

A walk definitely did not do the trick.

It had already escaped Jimin's mind that the Nyx wasn't the most suitable place for a calming walk.

The maddeningly tall trees seemed to elongate the more he went away from the cottage and the darkness seemed to be permanently stuck to the atmosphere like super-glue. It was suffocating and consuming.

Jimin didn't feel any better.

In fact, he felt decidedly worse after this so-called 'walk'.

To top it all off, Jimin was unreasonably and inexplicably exhausted.

After a while, he stopped his sulky stomping and decided that he should probably walk back to the cottage instead of losing himself in a maze of trees and darkness. That would help no one. And his throat was also slightly parched...

He sighed.

Why did I even walk out in the first place, he wondered, shaking his head in annoyance. At this point I'm my worst enemy.

Later he realized that truer words have never been said.

**

With nothing to do on his hands, Jimin found himself wondering about the angel- Orenda.

Who was he?

And why did Jimin keep having visions about him? Was this person trying to get a message across? Was this angel in danger?

The more Jimin thought about it, the more that possibility seemed to be acceptable. He'd read enough books and had seen enough movies to know things like this.

Maybe Jimin had to save this Orenda person.

But how could he though? He was nothing special and he barely knew anything about Elyxion though he read book upon book about the place because nothing really stuck to his mind when it didn't have any relation to Jimin's situation. He didn't see how he- someone who was prohibited to even lay foot on Elyxion- could save someone else.

But then again, maybe the visions were trying to tell him something about Yoongi. If The Reaper was still the Demon King in these visions...

Jimin gasped.

Maybe they about how he was banished.

His eyes widened as he contemplated that.

There was a greater chance of that possibility being real.

And if that were the case, Jimin would probably have to tell Yoongi about the visions sooner or later. It would be invading the Reaper's privacy if not and Jimin hated doing that, even though he didn't have a choice in the matter. If the man hadn't told Jimin anything of his past, it wasn't okay for him to not tell Yoongi about having visions of him.

A nervous tingle ran through him at the thought of talking to Yoongi.

Would he think Jimin was crazy? Would he scoff at Jimin?

But Jimin didn't have any other option but tell the man, did he?

Sighing, he slumped on to the couch, pulling his feet up so he could hug his knees.

He usually hated having situations he couldn't in the least control and right now, his entire life was out of his grasp. Jimin didn't have any control over his own life at this point.

He had no idea of how to saunter forward; what to do next or what would be the right thing anymore.

He felt so lost.

Blinking back tears, he waited for Yoongi to come back.

When Yoongi came back, it was past seven in the night and Jimin had fallen asleep on the couch, waking up to a soft, "Jimin, go to bed"

Confusedly, he opened his eyes to see Yoongi right in front of him.

Yoongi kneeling in front of the couch, a small smile on his face.

Yoongi.

Jimin's breath hitched. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up, stretching himself to will away the soreness in his muscles. "I um...I waited for you..."

Yoongi's smile widened a fraction. "You did not have to" he remarked, standing up. It was then that Jimin realized that Yoongi looked exhausted, and his face and hands were grimy.

"You okay?" he asked, concern coloring his tone. Where had Yoongi even gone to?

"A bit tired" Jimin would have accepted that if Yoongi didn't look like he was a second away from falling face-first on to his bed and snoring away.

But instead, Jimin asked, "Did you eat?"

Yoongi walked, presumably towards his own room. "No not really. I do not want- "

But Jimin wasn't having any of that. "You didn't eat the whole day?" He asked, suspicious.

The Reaper gauged Jimin's expression, trying to cumulate a reply but the answer was already in Yoongi's eyes.

"Oh my god, you didn't eat for the whole day did you?" Jimin incredulously exclaimed. "You're unbelievable" He muttered, walking past Yoongi to the kitchen. "You're sick and you don't even eat properly- "

"But Jimin I told you that normal food does not- "

"You said that it helped a little" Jimin rummaged through all the food he'd stacked away before. "And frankly, right now you look like you need all the energy you can get"

The Grim Reaper looked stunned into silence.

Without a further ado, Jimin pulled out the bread (they needed to eat that first or it would get stale) and honey and placed it on the small dining table that seated two people. He gestured Yoongi to sit down, shooting him a glare when the man looked like he was about to protest. Reluctantly, the Reaper sat down after washing his hands and taking off the satchel he'd had with him. Jimin smiled to himself, satisfied.

"Tea or coffee?"

Yoongi gulped down a piece of bread before replying. "Coffee, please"

So Jimin kept some water to boil and sat down opposite to Yoongi, a fond smile blooming on his face as the Reaper kept stuffing his face.

"And you were going to go straight to bed without eating" Jimin teased. Yoongi acknowledged this with rolling his eyes, lips twitching upwards.

Jimin smiled widely to himself. Forcing Yoongi to have his dinner seemed to have broken the ice between them a bit.

A few minutes passed and the kettle started to hiss, making Jimin hurriedly stand up and pour a cup of coffee for Yoongi and tea for himself.

"How many spoons of sugar?" he asked and the Reaper replied with a 'Just one'. Jimin's nose scrunched because who even drinks coffee with one spoon of sugar? Was that even possible?

He didn't comment on it though.

Sitting back down on the chair after sliding Yoongi's coffee toward him, Jimin sipped at his own beverage.

"So, where were you?" he casually asked.

"Nowhere special, really" Jimin raised an eyebrow at the cryptic reply. The man had been out for the entirety of a day and he expects Jimin to believe that he hadn't been to somewhere 'special'? Yoongi simply shrugged. "There is this this place I have been trying to find, so I have been doing exactly that"

"Oh"

Yoongi hummed.

"Any luck in finding it?" Jimin asked, a tad bit distracted by the way Yoongi's Adam's apple bobbed up and down when he swallowed.

"No, hence my answer of nowhere special"

"Right"

Yoongi seemed plenty content with silently eating so Jimin shut up, knowing that Yoongi must be tired to keep up an effective conversation.

"Next time you go, I'm packing you food" he off-handedly commented, looking away from the Reaper, a blush rising on his cheeks.

There was a silence and Jimin was just starting to fear that he crossed the line when-

"Thank you"

Jimin tried not to smile hugely like dork.

After dinner, Yoongi had seemed so exhausted that Jimin thought that he'd wait till tomorrow to tell him about the visions. He'd asked Yoongi if he could possibly stay in for a few hours in the morning for he had something to talk about and the Reaper had nodded an immediate 'yes'.

And then of course, Jimin shooed him off to get a good nights sleep, before he himself decided to follow the same advice.

Moments later, he was curled up in bed, asleep.

**

When he woke up the next day, Jimin dazedly remembered that he had told Yoongi he wanted to talk and that became his motivation to get out of bed and look presentable.

It wasn't a big surprise to find Yoongi already awake, pouring over some books and papers in the living room. The fact that he looked better than his yesterday state had Jimin smiling.

He cleared his throat. "Good morning..."

"Oh" Yoongi looked up from the book in his lap, aiming a smile at him. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

Jimin nodded, fiddling with his thumbs. Yoongi seemed to have noticed, for he patted the space beside him on the couch. "You said you needed to talk?"

"I- yeah..." Jimin accepted the offer and sat down. He hadn't really thought how he'd say about the visions. Should he just blurt it out?

"Go on" Yoongi encouraged.

"Well see..." Please don't think I'm crazy. "I've been having these...visions"

Yoongi nodded, unfazed. "That's not very unusual"

Oh. So Jimin was not crazy then. Thank god for that.

"But you see they're..." Jimin's gaze fixed on Yoongi's face, trying to gauge his reaction. "They're about you"

Yoongi's eyebrows shot up. "Me?"

Jimin nodded, pulling up his feet on the couch. "Yeah. You"

The Reaper looked cautious now. "What about me?"

"It's not...it's from someone else's perspective. And you two seemed...close" Jimin thought about how he should word it. "Not at first though, it was like a gradual thing. It's like...the story of how you two got close?"

Yoongi hummed.

"Remember when I just suddenly said you're the...Demon King?" Jimin continued hesitating a bit at the words 'Demon King' because of what had happened previously, and Yoongi nodded.

"Oh, yes. I have been meaning to ask you about that. How did you know?"

"These visions" Jimin replied, shrugging. "Every time you kept appearing, I'd see something related to you and then...that day, whoever this person was got to know that you're the Demon King and...it just sort of hit me?" the human shrugged, hugging his knees. "I thought it was someone trying to warn me about you, but the visions didn't stop after that"

"Did you have any, recently?"

Jimin nodded an affirmative. "Yesterday. I've was going to talk to you about it but you seemed very tired so..."

Yoongi rested his back against the couch. "Why haven't you talked to Hoseok or Seokjin about this?"

At this, the human sighed. "It sort of...slipped my mind"

"Slipped your mind" Yoongi repeated, skeptically.

"I have a lot on my mind okay" Defensively, Jimin said. "Don't make me feel worse"

Yoongi instantly shot him an apologetic look. "You're right, I am sorry"

"Apology accepted" Jimin briefly smiled. "And also the visions were when you were still the Demon king, so I thought, you know, it might have something to do with your banishment and it didn't feel right to know about it without you knowing I knew"

Yoongi was silent after his confession.

"Do you..."Jimin hesitated. "Am I...right?"

A few seconds ticked by before Yoongi replied quietly. "Does it matter?" He didn't seem eager to talk about it and Jimin felt so guilty. He was reaching out to a past Yoongi didn't want to even mention and it just wasn't okay that Jimin, a person Yoongi barely knew, would get to know about it.

"I mean...I keep seeing this hints of your past so...I would say yes?"

Yoongi heaved a sigh, making Jimin feel infinitely worse.

"I'm sorry about the visions it's- I wish I could stop them but..." the human curled up on himself. "I'm sorry"

"What?" Yoongi seemed scandalized that Jimin had come to that conclusion. "Jimin, never apologize for things that you cannot control"

"But- "

"Maybe there is a reason that you are seeing all of this" The Reaper quietly interrupted him, seeming to be lost in his own world for a moment. "Maybe you are meant to know all this"

A reason to be seeing how Yoongi's was banished...

Whatever could be a reason for Jimin to see such a thing? And why would he be the one meant to see a past Yoongi didn't want to open up about?

"What do you mean?" he asked, puzzled.

"Things happen for a reason" Yoongi shrugged.

"So...you're okay with me seeing these visions?"

Yoongi stared at him, eyes blank. "It is not like we know a way to stop them, do we?" he looked away, seemingly resigned.

Jimin pursed his lips. "Do you want to...talk about it?"

The Reaper didn't reply, which was an answer itself. Jimin looked at his hands, nervously trying to figure out if he was crossing the line.

"You know...I'm going to end up knowing it all the same, right?" he said in a small voice.

Yoongi closed the book on his lap with a sharp snap that surprised Jimin a little and placed it on the coffee table in front of him before turning to face the human. "It is not that I do not trust you, Jimin...it- my past is something I...have not yet fully accepted and I would rather not talk about it" Despite his words, his eyes seemed to scream that he just wanted to let it out; that he had kept it bottled in for so long it practically hurt him.

And Jimin understood that. Maybe not in the same degree as Yoongi, but he still knew how hard it was to not being able to talk in fear of being judged.

So Jimin hesitantly laid his hand on top of Yoongi's much larger one.

"I don't judge, Yoongi" he softly murmured. "Whatever it is, I swear, I won't judge or make you feel small for it. I promise"

It was sad that it seemed as if that was the only reassurance Yoongi needed; that he had always been scared of the judgment he'd receive for his past mistakes. Sometimes, Jimin absent-mindedly thought, it was just enough to know that there was someone who'd stay by you, despite the past. He understood how much it could mean to a person to have that kind of reassurance.

Jimin could see the exact moment Yoongi's resistance crumbled; could see his eyes glisten with some unreadable emotion. He slowly took Jimin's hand in his like it was such a natural thing (making Jimin inevitably smile and blush a bit) and stared at their joined hands as he seemed to ponder over his next words.

Jimin waited patiently.

"You know how it started" Yoongi finally said, eyes still on their joined hands. "How he...how Orenda and I met"

The human nodded, squeezing Yoongi's hand in encouragement when he saw the latter was having a hard time getting the words out.

"In- in Elyxion..." The Reaper continued. "Angels and Demons are not allowed to be in close proximity"

Jimin's brow furrowed. "You got banished for talking?" The disbelief was plain in his voice.

"No, worse" Yoongi gave a smile that wasn't a smile at all. His next words made something inside Jimin go cold.

"We fell in love"

____

Oop-

XOXO

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.7K 18
"Okay, listen, I need you to hear me out and please do not leave, I'm going to sound crazy, I know, but please... just listen." "I make no promises."...
109K 6.1K 43
"Trust the apocalypse to push him out of the closet." ----- Taehyung and Jimin are alone. Completely and utterly alone. The first attack hit more tha...
3.9K 316 33
Ever heard of supernatural beings? If you have, then you should think again if they're real or not. Jimin had a dark past that lead him to being kidn...
8.3K 280 23
Jimin had felt it years ago, and just when he was sure he'd have it..it disappeared. He was left to bury that feeling, and he thought he'd bury it so...