DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

By jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... More

Prologue
A Sunrise
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
One Wall Down
Fallen Too Far
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
Prison of the Paradox
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Betrayal
The Nameless Woman
The Price of Knowledge
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

The One Who Never Stopped Loving

626 50 23
By jimins_bbydoll

Another chapter because author-nim was impatient to waaaait (i've written the whole story thaz whyyyy)

How have you all been?

Stay safe, wear your masks and get ready for the albummmm i hear people commenting about a yoonmin subunit? 

Enjoyyy

_____

"Where are we going?"

In lieu of an answer, Yoongi finally lead him out of the dark tunnel they had been traveling through, one arm held out gesturing the space in front of them.

Orenda blinked against the sudden blinding light, one hand automatically flying up to shield his eyes from the sun.

Once he got used to the light however, the view was stunning.

He gasped, covering his mouth.

In front of him was surely a thousand of roses, all red in color, swaying gently in the light breeze.

"This...this is beautiful" truthfully, the word did not cover the wondrous scenery in front of his eyes.

"Like you"

Orenda's heart skipped a beat.

However, the reality settled in deep in his bones, shattering the illusion in front of him.

"Y- Yoongi we cannot..."

"I told you Orenda..." Yoongi smiled a gentle thing. "Relax. We are not breaking the rules"

"Yes but..."

"We will be fine"

It was the way Yoongi said 'we' so easily, that should have been the first red flag.

But Orenda did not care. He smiled, chest blooming with warmth, and pushed his worries away.

They could be dealt with later.

Jimin gasped, eyes flying open, even though the dream he had wasn't terrifying in the least.

And yet, his heart was beating almost at an alarming rate.

His eyes closed as he took a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself down, but no matter what he did, he could feel the emotions starting to overwhelm him again- trying to pull him under-trying to show him something that was absolutely crucial-

Mochi meowed.

Jimin breathed out in shock at the sudden disturbance, hands trembling.

He really needed to tell someone about these visions.

Petting the annoyed cat apologetically, he pulled the blanket up over himself, shifting to get more comfortable and closed his eyes.

Minutes later, he was snoring away softly, all visions forgotten.

**

"Are you sure about this?"

Jimin packed up the last of his belongings into a bag Hoseok had given just minutes before.

"Yeah. Very sure"

Hoseok didn't seem satisfied with the reply. "Jimin you..." he hesitantly rubbed his hands together. "You know that you do not have to agree to this just because you think we will be burdened if not?"

Jimin smiled, heart lightening a bit at the concern in Hoseok's tone. "Yeah, Seok. I'm completely fine with moving in with...Yoongi" Jimin's heart skipped a beat at the name. "I just...have some stuff on my mind" His fingers automatically felt his pocket for Taehyung's letter. He didn't want to lose it.

"And these 'stuff' does not concern you fearing Yoongi?"

The human laughed. "No. Not at all. Which is stupid of me, but yeah"

"Very stupid" Hoseok agreed. "Keep your guard up every minute, okay?"

"I'll try"

"And run out of the house as soon as you fear something will happen"

"Yes sir"

"Send a bat if you suspect something"

Jimin hugged the man, a wide smile on his face. Hoseok's worry was a tad bit endearing and definitely heartwarming. "I'll be fine"

Hoseok sighed, hugging back. "I very much hope so"

Jimin was nervous.

The good kind of nervous.

It's just that- when he thought of staying together with Yoongi-

There it was again, the fluttery feeling inside his stomach.

His fingers tightened around the strap of his bag.

Logically, he knows he should be afraid because Yoongi could literally have his soul for dinner...but for some damned reason, Jimin wasn't the least bit scared.

His attraction for the Grim Reaper was starting to worry him.

"So I have another set of books for you" Seokjin interrupted his train of thoughts, shoving some books into a bag. "You and Yoongi can read and gather information. He has a bat, send a note whenever you find something even remotely related to what we need"

Jimin nodded.

Apparently he would have to take over food supplies for a month too, both for him and Yoongi. Since neither Hoseok nor Seokjin would be able to come over. So the former Seelie had taken upon the task of buying groceries while Seokjin presented all the healthcare products Yoongi would need.

"The number one thing is, you need to be firm with him because he is a stubborn brat"

Jimin laughed. "Noted"

"Good. So anyway, I have labelled each vial just so you won't mix things up" The witch pointed at a series of glass vials packed neatly in a box. Most were labelled as 'sustenance', which Jimin thought was suspicious, and the others were a mixture of 'sleeping potions' and cures 'for vomiting, 'for headaches', 'for stomachaches'- a series of vials that progressively made Jimin more and more worried as he took in the labels.

"Is he really going to need all of this?" Jimin asked, mindlessly fingering the vials. How could one person need all of this without being hospitalized or being under constant care?

"Oh, I just packed more than you might need" Seokjin gave a tight smile. "Better safe than sorry"

The human hummed, not really comforted by the answer.

"The sustenance one- well, well, Yoongi will tell you when you might need those but the rest, well, are labelled according to the need so...I think you can handle it?" Despite Seokjin's casual demeanor, Jimin could see the tension underlying it.

"Yeah, I can manage" he threw a reassuring smile at the witch. "I will manage"

Seokjin nodded, seeming satisfied.

Jimin decided to ignore the sudden bout of tiredness that washed over him.

The front door opened, and Hoseok stumbled in, panting as he carried in some bags. "There is more outside, but I think I managed to get enough" he straightened up with a huff. "We might have to make two trips"

"Then I think we should go?" Seokjin aimed the question at Jimin, who squared his shoulders, picking up Mochi from where it was snoozing off.

"Yeah" He exhaled. "Let's go"

Each of them carried more than they actually could, and Jimin put Mochi inside his jacket. Seokjin led them to his garden, a secluded place unlike Hoseok's own, but still just as beautiful and well maintained.

Jimin wondered if everyone in Elyxion had a nice backyard like this.

"Okay so how do we go?" Jimin's forearms were already aching a bit. The bag Hoseok had given to him seemed to be heavier than he expected.

"A portal"

He blinked at Seokjin's answer.

"A portal" he repeated.

"Yes"

"Cool" he was past being affected by magical incidents now. He was just going to go with the flow.

Seokjin put down his load for a moment and gestured Jimin and Hoseok to move back. His eyes closing and arms held out, he started chanting.

A silvery light begin to appear in front of them, growing and growing until it assumed the shape of a black hole, seeming to absorb all the air around them. Jimin could feel his hair whipping out maniacally and the bags in his hands struggling to get out of his grip.

"We just jump into that?"

Hoseok nodded, fingers tightening around the bags he carried. "Make sure you hold onto them tight or...well...they might be pulp by the time we reach the Nyx"

Jimin gulped. "Won't we also turn into pulp?" he asked in a small voice.

"No, you will land safely"

Jimin fervently hoped that Hoseok wasn't lying to stop him from worrying.

"I will jump first, and then you can" Seokjin told him and picked up his bags again, fingers clenching around them tightly and he just...jumped into the seemingly dimensionless portal.

Jimin took a deep breath.

He held onto his bags tightly, took some hesitant steps forward until he was right in front of the portal.

"You got this" he whispered.

He jumped in.

For a second or two it was nothing but air whipping past him at an alarming rate and his screams being snatched by the winds.

And then his bum hit solid ground rather harshly.

Jimin winced.

His attention was shifted to Seokjin who was holding out a hand towards him for him to get up. Jimin took the offer, scanning the surroundings as he got up.

"Welcome to the Nyx" Seokjin grimly smiled.

Hoseok tumbled out of the portal, landing a bit more gracefully than Jimin.

The trees around them loomed higher and higher, covering the sky from Jimin's sight and simultaneously shielding the forest from any potential sunlight it could get.

It was quite dreary.

He shivered.

"Let's go" Jimin mumbled, picking up his things again. "I'm kind of tired, it would be nice if I could turn in early"

Seokjin's and Hoeok's shared a worried glance that went unnoticed by him.

"Of course" Hoseok agreed. "You know, me and Seokjin can bring the second half of the supplies. You can stay here"

"What- no that's not what I meant" Jimin hurriedly said. "Of course I can come with you- "

"Jimin" Seokjin laid a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "All these happenings in Elyxion are not the best for a human. Do not overexert yourself"

Jimin felt a sudden gush of fear.

Did they know?

Did they know about the possibility of Jimin dying?

Hoseok started walking in front, calling out for them to follow and Seokjin and Jimin obliged. They walked on a barely visible trail, one behind another as the forest closed up on them the more they went in. The light dimmed as they ventured deeper and deeper into the forest.

Jimin was starting to regret his decision a tiny bit.

The Nyx didn't seem to be a very inviting place.

"Couldn't you have made the portal straight to where Yoongi lives?" the human huffed, narrowly avoiding a stone in his path.

"We cannot take any risks you know" Hoseok replied, dodging a low tree branch. "If an official were to follow us...well we would be arrested for being in the forest also, but if they find Yoongi..." he trailed off.

Jimin gulped. "If they found Yoongi?"

"They would probably hold him as a prisoner or...execute him I suppose"

"The council seems to be a set of morons" Jimin commented, a wave of intense dislike washing over him.

"They did not used to be, I remember my parents telling me so. I think the power has gone to many of their heads" the witch chimed in.

The path in front of them completely disappeared and Hoseok lead them through the trees, the way ahead seeming to be very familiar to him. The forest was eerily silent, the only sounds being the crunching of leaves beneath their soles and their occasional huffing and puffing.

"Almost there" Seokjin cheerfully said.

Oh thank god, Jimin thought. For some reason, he was exhausted.

They walked for another minute or two and then Hoseok stopped, gesturing in front of them, a grin on his face.

"This, my friend, is going to be your home for the next few weeks"

Jimin gasped, eyes widening almost comically.

He'd never associated Yoongi with a wooden cottage, with creepers full of bloomed flowers running here and there and a beautiful garden that surely must take a lot of effort to maintain. All sorts of flowers dotted the small garden, decorating the place in their own way. The whole place contrasted with the dreariness of the Nyx.

All beauty aside, was there two rooms inside this cottage though? It seemed so...tiny.

His heart skipped a beat as his mind suddenly envisioned sharing a bed with Yoongi ̶

Focus, Jimin.

"It's very...unexpected" Jimin absent-mindedly mumbled, watching as Hoseok walked to the front door of the cabin.

The former Seelie knocked on the door and at the sound Jimin was taken over by a sudden wave of intense regret.

What was he thinking? He couldn't live with Yoongi. He just couldn't. Not with a crush the size of a football stadium on that man.

Oh god why had he agreed-

The front door opened, revealing a sleepy Yoongi, rubbing at his eyes looking all too adorable for Jimin to handle.

"Jimin is here" Hoseok explained, casting a sly smile at the human which did not help Jimin's nerves at all.

"Ah" Yoongi's voice was thick with sleep and Jimin gulped, suddenly wanting to jump off a bridge. "Yes, come in"

Seokjin nudged Jimin forward and the human reluctantly stepped into the cabin, throwing a nervous smile at Yoongi. "Hey"

Yoongi's smile was alarmingly soft; Jimin could feel his heart go haywire. "Hello, Jimin"

Oh the way he said his name-

"Come on now, speed up. We have more to bring" Seokjin briskly said, passing Jimin to put down the supplies. "Can you unpack?"

Jimin nodded.

"Very well then, Hoseok and I will go back and bring the rest"

"Oh no I can come too- "

Hoseok ruffled his hair. "You are tired, child. It is fine"

"But- "

"Stay" Yoongi suddenly drawled out, making Jimin turn to him wide-eyed.

"O- okay..." the human mumbled, cheeks a delicate pink.

Hoseok sniggered, earning a glare from Jimin. Honestly Taehyung and Hoseok would get along like a house on fire, had they ever met. Jimin shuddered, imagining the amount of trouble the combined duo would get into. "Alright then. We will be back"

With that, the two of them left, inevitably leaving Jimin alone with...Yoongi.

Jimin could feel the nervous tingle starting to settle in his bones. For something to do, he took out Mochi out of jacket, stroking the cat.

"You have a cat" Yoongi blinked.

Jimin looked at him unsurely, not sure if he was another Hoseok and was afraid of cats.

But that didn't seem to be the case. "Hoseok let the cat stay with you?"

Jimin laughed, eyes crinkling up to crescent shapes. "Barely. Seokjin called him a coward and yeah. The rest is history"

Yoongi gave a grin that warmed Jimin inside out.

It was possible that he could've stood and stared at Yoongi grinning for a couple more hours but the exhaustion took the best of him and he yawned, a hand flying up to cover his mouth.

"You should get some rest" Yoongi suggested, voice gentle. "If you are tired"

"It's- they were exaggerating. I'm not that tired" Jimin laughed nervously. "Although um, where...where do I sleep?"

Yoongi stared at him for a tad bit longer than necessary, making Jimin squirm, before turning and heading inside.

After taking a deep breath, Jimin followed.

"Let's hope I don't fuck up" he whispered to Mochi.

The interior wasn't as small as Jimin thought it would be. The living room had a couch and some shelves piled with books, and the coffee table was a messy affair, covered in books and papers. And unexpectedly, there was a piano in the background.

"You play the piano?" Jimin couldn't help the surprise in his tone. Suddenly, he couldn't picture anything but Yoongi playing the piano. Those long fingers running across the notes-

"Hmm?" Yoongi gazed at the object fleetingly. "I have had a lot of time on my hands"

"So that's a yes?"

The man laughed a low breathy thing that had Jimin enamored. "Yes Jimin, it is a yes"

Yoongi led him to a far corner of the cabin, where a door lead into an unoccupied and small room with a bed in the corner and a small table.

"It is not much" Yoongi looked away, eyes downcast and Jimin just wanted to do anything to soothe him.

"It's not much but it is perfect" he smiled. And it was true, with a few personal touches and this room would be amazing.

"You think so?" there was a slight note of hope in the question.

"Yoongi, I can't be judging every place I get to stay at because I don't even pay" he shrugged. "So yes, this is more than enough and it's perfect"

Yoongi eyed him, again for far longer than necessary, like he couldn't quite get enough. Jimin looked away, feeling a blush rise on his cheeks.

"If you want anything more...tell me" For some reason, a subtle shiver ran up Jimin's spine at the words. He nodded, mutely.

He wondered if he's going to have to spend a month around Yoongi, blushing for the simplest of actions.

"Then I will...leave you to it?" the man was so adorably awkward, Jimin wanted to squeal.

He nodded again, and Yoongi shot him a smile before turning away.

"Wait, Yoongi" Jimin looked down at his feet, suddenly nervous at having Yoongi's attention on him. "Thank you for letting me stay"

"It is not a big deal" the man said, reaching out to pat his head before walking away.

Jimin heaved a big sigh, a small smile on his lips.

Minutes later, after laying Mochi down on his bed and testing its softness (it was very comfortable, thank god), he heard voices at the front and walked out of his room, finding Seokjin and Hoseok in the living room, dumping a new batch of supplies.

"I think we will have to go soon, it seems like the count will be starting" Seokjin informed, brow furrowing. "You have everything you need in these bags, okay? And the vials are in that -" he pointed at a bag at the furthermost corner. "-bag. Okay? Send a bat whenever you need to"

Jimin nodded.

Hoseok lurched forward with an engulfing hug making Jimin almost stumble back. "I will miss you Jimin...and the damned cat too"

Jimin laughed, voice thick with emotion as he hugged the man back. "Wow, you like Mochi now?"

"A tiny bit more than I used to" the former Seelie pulled away, grinning. "You have everything you need right?"

"I think so- " Jimin squeaked as Seokjin pulled him into a hug too.

"You, Yoongi" Hoseok called out, hands on his hips. Jimin hadn't even noticed Yoongi coming into the room. "Lay one finger on Jimin and I will whoop your scrawny bum"

Jimin couldn't help but giggle.

Yoongi hummed an affirmative, seeming amused.

"The same applies for me too" Seokjin glared, pulling away. "None of that Grim Reaper nonsense with Jimin, okay?"

Jimin glanced at Yoongi, hiding a smile when the man rolled his eyes. "I get it already. Now get out of my house"

"Ungrateful brat" the witch muttered. "Oh and Jimin will also take care of your health so let him okay?"

Somewhere from the back of the cabin, an answering hum came.

Hoseok heaved a sigh. "It is best if we get going" he smiled apologetically at Jimin. "We cannot risk anything"

"Stay safe" Jimin smiled. "Thank you for worrying about me"

"What nonsense" Seokjin scoffed. "Send a bat for any emergency, okay?"

"Will do"

Jimin watched the two of them walk out of the cabin, finally leaving Jimin alone with Yoongi.

The Grim Reaper.

For some unknown reason, Jimin smiled.

Yoongi showed him where the bathroom was, and much to his delight Yoongi did have hot water. So the bath was pleasant, washing away all the tension of the day. Afterwards, Jimin dressed in a comfortable and oversized t-shirt with a pair of shorts and decided to leave the unpacking for tomorrow. He was too tired to get into it.

Later on, he wondered whether Yoongi would have dinner with him.

Taking a deep breath to steel himself, he walked up to Yoongi's room and knocked on the door softly.

"Yes?" came the answering reply.

Jimin exhaled. "Will you...have dinner with me?"

Jimin waited for an answer fidgeting with his thumbs, so sure that Yoongi had decided to ignore him because a few seconds passed with no reply, when the door opened and the man was there. In front of Jimin.

The human tried not to gulp.

"Maybe not today, Jimin" he smiled a tight thing.

"Oh" Jimin couldn't help the disappointment.

"Do not get me wrong, I would love to have dinner with you but I do not want to eat"

Jimin frowned at that. "But you should eat" he insisted.

"It is fine"

"No it's not- "

"Jimin" Yoongi ran a hand through his hair, an action that distracted Jimin from the current situation. "Normal food does not help me. You know who I am and you know what I eat, do you not?"

Souls. The Grim Reaper eats souls. Jimin nodded slowly.

"So...normal food doesn't at all help?"

"A bit maybe, but I see no use in that" Jimin could see that Yoongi had made his mind up, so he nodded, albeit his lips curving downwards. Yoongi looked as if he could use all the energy he could get, but Jimin couldn't very well start bossing him around on his first day here.

He'd let it go for today.

"Okay then" He couldn't help his shoulders slumping down a bit. "I'm going to go eat then?"

Yoongi smiled. "Of course. Thank you for asking, Jimin. I- I appreciate it"

The door closed and Jimin walked away.

**

Later that night, Jimin was tucked away in bed, snoring away peacefully with Mochi by his side.

Outside his door, Yoongi stood, a fond smile on his face.

He shook his head slowly, amused.

"You still snore, my angel"

_____

My wordddd, yoongles knows jiminnieeee

Do let me know about how you feel about the story so far!

Stay safe!

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 116 6
Ideas that I had that I was going to write but then realized I probably never would, so now they're for you uwu
465K 20K 47
A naughty boy Jeon Jungkook fall in love with an innocent broken angel Kim Taehyung who never feel the love and care from anyone in his entire life...
8.3K 280 23
Jimin had felt it years ago, and just when he was sure he'd have it..it disappeared. He was left to bury that feeling, and he thought he'd bury it so...
10.8K 810 30
//STRONG LANGUAGE AND DETAILED INTIMATE STUFF O K He finds someone that gives him something special. Someone to replace something else.. But can t...