DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

By jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... More

Prologue
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
The One Who Never Stopped Loving
One Wall Down
Fallen Too Far
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
Prison of the Paradox
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Betrayal
The Nameless Woman
The Price of Knowledge
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

A Sunrise

1.7K 72 25
By jimins_bbydoll

I promised for long chapters, didn't I? *smirk*

Sending love to lilkym23 (I love you)

A Sunrise usually symbolizes a new start; a beginning.

Enjoyyyy

_____

"And that's it for today, class"

Slamming his text book shut, Jimin heaved a sigh of relief. Around him, the students had the same expression- one of being bored to death and yet, stressed at the same time.

Slinging his bag over his shoulders her was already zooming out of the hall, phone in his hand and dialing his best friend.

"I'm already at the café you dumbass"

Jimin grunted a 'be there in a few' before stuffing the phone into his pocket and taking a deep breath.

The last few years of college was nothing but stress, stress and more stress. Assignments piling up, essays of at least three thousand words needed to be written and in midst of it all professors kept shoving tests at their faces randomly as if they expect students to be studying every spare minute.

Minutes later, he was walking through the glass doors to the familiar café he and Taehyung-  his best friend through the years - always had lunch at. They barely see each other throughout the day except for lunch, what being Jimin being a law major and Taehyung being an Art major. Their schedules clashed horribly. He remembered the day they had received their schedules-  the comical and identical faces of horror they both wore as they compared the times.

Ah, the good ol' times.

"Hey" Jimin slid into the seat opposite to Taehyung-  automatically smiling when the latter gave him a wide and boxy smile. "He kept us in longer to explain some stuff. Sorry"

"Yeah, yeah same excuse every day, Chim. At this point I'm wondering whether you have a secret boyfriend or something" Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows causing Jimin to roll his eyes dramatically.

"I barely have time to sleep how the fuck would I even have a boyfriend?" he grumbled. "And look at these eye bags- who would even want to be remotely associated with these?"

"Aww Jimin, you still look cute. A bit" Taehyung tagged as an afterthought, laughing when Jimin scowled. "Not as much as me of course, but yeah"

"You little shit" Jimin's sudden grin contradicted his words though. There was something so familiar in their bickering that calmed him. "Anyway-"

"I already ordered for you" Taehyung interrupted him, gesturing towards the menu on the table. "That diabetes inducing strawberry shit and a cappuccino"

Jimin laughed, sinking into the comfortable seat. "Someone's been very impatient"

"Did you want me starve while you fuck your secret boyfriend?" Taehyung snorted at Jimin's indignant spluttering at his wording. "Oops I'm sorry, I forgot that it's you who gets it up their a-" he broke off into peals of laughter when Jimin leaned over to smack Taehyung but didn't quite manage to- his hand ended up in the space between them.

"Jesus Christ Taehyung" Jimin hissed. "There are places that you need to just shut the fu- fudge up" Jimin hurriedly turned to smile apologetically at an old lady with judgmental eyes.

"Come on Jimin, we all know I'm right" Taehyung chided and Jimin just groaned, wishing for his lunch to come quickly, so he could leave this annoying dumbass and be on his merry way.

**

Taehyung: yo we're out of ramen

Jimin sighed, shoving the phone into his jean pocket without replying. He was beyond tired. He'd had lectures at eight in the morning all the way up to three in the afternoon and yes, he knew the grocery store was on his way back to his shared apartment with Taehyung but Jesus.

He sighed once again realizing that if he didn't stock up on ramen he and his best friend would probably starve to death.

Maybe that was an exaggeration. Maybe it wasn't.

But what with all the assignments and research to do, neither of them had time to care about simple and mundane tasks- much like grocery shopping. Until of course, one of them woke up in the middle of the night with a rumbling stomach, having skipped dinner that night in favor of studying or simply playing games. Or clubbing.

Jimin stood in front of the grocery store doors, contemplating whether he'd rather buy some food now or wake up hungry and endure the pain.

He decided that going the extra mile and buying ramen now was probably more convenient.

Just as he opened the door to step in however, a cold dread washed over him, forcing Jimin to shiver violently, goosebumps rising on his skin. He involuntarily let go of the opened door and as another gust of wind grazed his face. Jimin turned to his left, having a gut instinct to focus on the street, heart pounding without any solid reason to.

He saw nothing out of ordinary.

Eyes squinted, he scanned the road in front of him for another second or two before summing up the incident to him being too tired to think straight. He shook his head in an attempt to throw off the eerie feeling that had washed over him and took a deep breath.

He didn't look back as he stepped into the grocery store.

Behind him, a cloaked figure materialized from the darkness.

**

Sometimes, Jimin resented the fact that two of his best friends were now dating.

Jungkook was the most recent addition to their friend group and even two years befor- when they had just met the younger boy at a party- Jimin had known that he and Taehyung would hit it off. I mean, who wouldn't see it? They flirt at every given opportunit- and not very subtly either.

Jimin slumped onto the couch knowing that he shouldn't feel so distraught about the fact that his best friends are simply enjoying the joy of first love- he was happy for them, he really was. But damn, sometimes the loneliness got to Jimin more than he liked to admit.

He pouted into the pillow he had been hugging tightly, fingers clenching into the soft material.

It wouldn't do to sit about wallowing in his loneliness- he had a ton of assignments and whatnot.

But oh well, that was exactly what he was going to do.

Seconds passed in complete silence when his phone buzzed with a notification, breaking Jimin out of his reverie. Lethargically he pulled himself up to see what it was - immediately unlocking his phone when he realized it was Namjoon.

Joonie: im going to the library wanna come?

Jimin's mouth curled up to a small smile. Of course Namjoon was going to spend a Sunday afternoon at the library. Jimin would've teased the older about it- but then again he was the one who had complained just a minute ago about being lonely. He was in no position to be skeptical.

Changing into a convenient pair of pants and his most comfortable shirt, Jimin walked out of his apartment complex to a bright and sunny afternoon.

It had been awhile since he'd had time to just stroll down the pavements, hands in his pockets  or well, one hand in his pocket and the other holding up a file one of his assignments. He was going to the library- with Namjoon at that. There was greater chance of the essay being completed there than at Jimin's room.

He stopped by at a café to pick up two cappuccinos for himself and Namjoon.

Quarter of an hour later, he walked into the library, smiling at the librarian- they were quite familiar with each other. He wondered where Namjoon was but it wasn't much of a task- no one really spent Sunday afternoons in a library unless they had an exam looming on the horizon.

"Hey" Jimin quietly greeted, pulling a chair back and seating himself before placing Namjoon's cappuccino in front of the smiling boy.

"You came" There was a slight note of surprise in the blonde's voice as he quietly exclaimed this.

Jimin sometimes wondered if Namjoon had ever had any stable friends in his school days- he treated his present friends as if he can't believe that they're still here, talking to him. It used to make Jimin sad because how could one have so little trust that their friends would stay in their life? Over time though, he had learned that the older boy would overcome his thoughts himself- if he stayed by his side long enough for him to. So, ever since Jimin's second semester at college, he'd decided to stay with Namjoon. And now- he was probably one of Jimin's closest friends and he knew that it was the same for the latter too.

It came as a pleasant surprise when Jimin and Taehyung had later discovered that Namjoon had a witty sense of humor.

"Yeah" Jimin now said, flipping open his file and indicating his assignment. "Had some shit I should probably finish rather than them rotting away" his voice was disgruntled.

Namjoon laughed. "Yeah you probably should"

The next two hours were filled with quiet laughs and comfortable silences. Their cappuccino cups lay empty and their table was dotted with books.

Jimin closed his file triumphantly- finally having been done with the assignment.

"Finally" Jimin stretched his arms out. "You done?"

He knew Namjoon's answer before the boy had even even answered. The older boy shook his head, peeking out from behind a lengthy novel. Jimin smiled fondly before tapping at his forearm. "Come on Joon let's go out and eat. I'm starving"

"Really? Now?" Namjoon huffed, mouth curved downwards. "I'm at- "

"You need a break too, hyung we've been here for- " Jimin checked his watch. "-almost two and a half hours"

Namjoon scowled but shut his book anyway knowing that Jimin could be very persuasive when he wanted to be. He stood up to place the books where they initially were and Jimin hastily went to help him. It was really very extraordinary of how many accidents Namjoon could cause by even the most mundane tasks like replacing books.

Jimin walked out of the building, throwing the empty cups on his way out, waiting for Namjoon to join him after checking out some books he wanted to take home.

It was then when he felt it again.

It was as if a veil of coldness wrapped around him - making Jimin tremble to his very bones. His eyes widened at the sudden feeling of horror that washed over him, making him wish that he was anywhere else but here. Instinctively he wrapped his arms around himself, jerking his head left and right to make sense of- of whatever this was; to see anything that would help him understand.

But of course there was nothing around him.

"Jimin?"

And just like that- it vanished.

Jimin shook his head, disoriented, as Namjoon walked up to his side, a bag slung over his shoulders- no doubt carrying a new load of books.

"You okay?" he asked, an eyebrow raised and Jimin slowly nodded, aiming a quick glance to his side- reassured when he saw nothing out of ordinary.

"Yeah" he slowly said. "Yeah, I am"

**

It was when he was working on a slightly more nutritional dinner than ramen, that Taehyung came running into the kitchen, excitement excluding even from his hurried footsteps.

"Jimin!!"

Jimin braced himself for some mundane facts about how aliens existed and that they had been spotted. Again.

He turned off the stove and turned to face the latter, an amused smiled on his face. "Yeah?"

"We should go clubbing today!"

Oh.

Not about aliens then.

Jimin shrugged. "Yeah sure" He chuckled when Taehyung whooped in joy. "Why'd you ask me though? You just drag my ass whenever you want to go" And it was true- Jimin sadly lacked the ability to say 'no' to Taehyung, especially when that brat turned to him with puppy eyes. Jimin was just too weak for anything adorable.

"You say that like I'm not the nicest person you know" The younger boy crossed his arms over his chest, huffing indignantly.

Jimin snorted. "Sure Taehyung. Whatever helps you sleep at night"

"Hey!" Taehyung protested. "I'm not that bad"

Jimin hummed skeptically.

Taehyung scowled, bursting into a stream of complaining grumbles that had Jimin laughing. He turned back to the stove, resuming the task of preparing dinner.

Barely a second passed when Taehyung clung on to his back, being the koala he is. "We're not having ramen today?" he exclaimed happily. "I love you Chim, you're the best"

"Let's hope Kookie doesn't hear that"

A few minutes later, the two of them were happily munching down their dinner, a certain excitement lingering around them now that Jungkook and Namjoon had both agreed to meet up at the club- or to be more precise, Jungkook had promised to drag Namjoon's ass to the club but either way he's going to be there so who was Jimin to judge?

Leaving the dishes in the sink to be dealt with later, the two of them decided to bust out their most 'sluttiest'- as Taehyung commented - clothing. It had been a while since they'd done so and Jimin had agreed without a moment to spare.

So here they were - in front of the most popular gay bar in town, a place named 'Smoking Hot', decked out in the flimsiest shirts and the tightest pants they owned with eyeliner and eye shadow to match.

Jimin had to admit - he looked good. It had been quite some time since he'd felt so exquisite. Taehyung though, was a whole another topic. Jimin was sure that Jungkook was going to get a heart attack looking at Taehyung. The younger looked absolutely stunning.

With their confidences boosted sky-high, they sauntered in like a couple of bad bitches. Their entrance wasn't anything necessarily spectacular and yet, even that gained quite a lot of looks. The knowledge pleased Jimin- he always liked a bit of attention.

Jungkook was already here, sitting by the bar, and he had somehow convinced Namjoon to tag along as well - a feat that amazed Jimin to no end. Namjoon definitely wasn't a partying type. Even now he kept periodically wincing as the loud beats reached his ears and Jimin felt quite sorry for him.

Oh well - there was nothing a couple of drinks couldn't help. Even in Namjoon's case.

Taehyung walked up to his boyfriend and threw his arms around the latter's neck, no reservations at all, and kissed him a tad bit too loudly. Jimin rolled his eyes at the show of possessiveness before greeting Namjoon and calling out for some shots from the bartender.

"How was your day?" Jimin asked, voice raised above normal because the music was just so loud it drowned everything else.

"Fun until now" The older boy replied, once again grimacing at the loud bass. "The music is fucking horrible - no offense" he added as the bartender glanced his way, lips curved down.

Jimin laughed. "You probably like slow songs" he mouthed a 'thank you' at the bartender who had slipped their drinks over the table. "Don't you?"

Namjoon grinned. "Not at all, Chim. In fact - " he took a long sip of his shot. "I like hardcore rapping"

Jimin blinked. He found that hard to swallow and he was sure Namjoon saw it in his face, seeing that the other laughed loudly. "Yeah I know. Unbelievable huh?"

The music changed into a faster one - the kind that just made your body move along unconsciously. Jimin drowned his shot, feeling the alcohol buzz in his veins as he stared at the dance floor, a sudden urge to just move on it overwhelming him.

"Go on Chim, do your thing" Namjoon grinned, seeing the younger boy's orbs sparkle as he turned to eye the dance floor. He waved away Jimin's half-hearted protests of him being alone and gestured at the mob of swaying people. Jimin could see that Namjoon was content being at the side of the action so he drowned another shot, dragged Taehyung and Jungkook with him and just let go.

And it was just so great. Jimin had always been a lithe dancer, years of being in the dancing club of school leading him on a path of grace and now, though he was a little out of touch, he was still a damn good dancer. He took turns with both Jungkook and Taehyung- laughing gleefully when Jungkook proceeded to twirl him.

A couple of more sensuous songs and a few cups of beer later he became aware of someone's gaze on him.

Now, Jimin was no stranger to lustful gazes at a club - after all, it was a club. Wanton eyes was just part of the package. But this man's stare was different - and in a bad way at that.

It was a calculating stare, half amused but also very thoughtful - as if he were thinking of abducting Jimin and thinking that it was going to be an easy task; that Jimin would be stupid enough to fall right into his trap.

But then again, this was a club. Maybe Jimin was overthinking it.

But he couldn't shake the eeriness off. There was just something off about that man and his confident posture.

Until of course, he had the greatest ever shock of his life.

The music turned off and it was silent for two or three seconds before the crowd started complaining loudly, Jimin being a part of it.

The DJ walked to the center of the stage and laughed into a mic - "We have a live performer today y'all, hold your horses"

The drunk crowd cheered at the news, too intoxicated to even properly process the DJ's words. The lights centered onto the stage where Jimin saw a very familiar figure. A bit too familiar. He squinted trying to focus on the 'live performer's' face.

His eyes widened.

Namjoon?!

What in the name of holy rice cakes?

Namjoon said something to the DJ who nodded attentively and went back to his station, starting to fiddle about with the different knobs.

Jimin turned to look at Taehyung who had a scandalized expression and fuck if Jimin didn't feel the same.

The music started and it was exactly opposite of what Jimin had associated Namjoon with - it was fast and hard with a deadly beat.

That wasn't the most shocking thing though.

Oh no that was reserved to when Namjoon started rapping.

For all his twenty one years Jimin had never been shocked into stillness like this.

Because goddamn Namjoon could rap.

Jimin stared in awe as the crowd started hyping him up with their enthusiastic cheering and Jimin's respect for the older boy multiplied tenfold. He just spat out words with such a ferocity that was so unlike Namjoon that even Taehyung and Jungkook were mirroring Jimin in being completely still.

All too soon the song ended with the blonde panting into the mic, a vibrant smile on his face and eyes sparkling as they took in the crowd's reaction.

The moment he walked down the stage Jimin rushed to hug him tightly - almost causing them both to stumble with the force if it. Namjoon was lightly patting his back when Jimin felt two other pairs of arms wrapping around them, making him giggle, tipsy.

"Okay okay I'm sweating now so let go?" Namjoon laughed, voice a bit thick with emotion.

Jimin reluctantly obliged and he and Taehyung started drunkenly slurring about how awesome and cool Namjoon looked and oh my god I cannot believe you never told us while the said boy scratched the back of his head, flustered. Jungkook didn't voice any of his awe - he was a quiet drunk - and just stared at Namjoon with such awe it was practically tangible.

"It wasn't a big deal, come on-"

"Not a big deal?" Taehyung sounded affronted. "You-you know how much I like r-rapping Joonie"

"Yeah well-"

Jimin crossed his arms over his chest, sulky. "You have any other h-hidden talents you wanna maybe tell?"

Namjoon laughed. "Nope, no not really"

They somehow drifted back into the dance floor, the music picking up right from where it stopped and Jimin just lost himself in it.

He completely forgot about the eerie man for the rest of the night.

Until the four of them walked out of the club, all except for Namjoon, completely trashed and bone-tired. There was a flurry of movements as Jungkook and Taehyung fought over who gets to drive when Namjoon firmly suggested that he'd do that since they were quite literally drunk off their asses. Jimin didn't bother protesting - he was too fucking tired to even think of driving.

And then- everything froze.

Literally.

Taehyung was frozen mid-way of protesting to Namjoon's idea and the youngest of them was in the process of turning away to climb in the car, limbs stuck in a very uncomfortable position that almost looked painful.

It wasn't only them- even the music had stopped, along with all the noise of the bar.

It was dead quiet.

And Jimin was the only person still moving.

Though his sleepy state, his heart started pounding against his ribcage, so loud that it felt like he was still inside the safety of the club with people all around him.

But no, it was just him. Alone. Unfrozen.

What was happening?

His eyes widened in panic as the situation finally settled into the drunken haze of his mind.

"You have finally come out"

At the sudden voice Jimin jumped a foot in the air, turning back to face the stranger and suddenly, he felt faint.

It was that man from before. The man who'd eyed him in a confusing way.

Jimin gulped, trying to level his expression so that he didn't seem as vulnerable.

"Who are you?" At least his voice was indifferent, despite his inner turmoil.

The man chuckled, hands in his pockets and an aura of confidence around him. He looked so normal, even a bit handsome if Jimin was being honest- dark black hair slicked back to show the forehead, thin lips stretched into a cruel smile and piercing eyes- but there was something about him that made Jimin restless. And it didn't help Jimin one bit.

"Wouldn't you like to know, little angel" There was a smirk lighting his face as he said this.

W-what? Angel?

Jimin's confusion sky-rocketed. Who was this creep? And how the actual fuck had manage to stop time? And could this please stop? Jimin was tired. He just wanted to crash into his bed.

He didn't want to deal with this right now. He couldn't wrap his mind around whatever was happening.

His tired gaze landed on the man again as he tried to decipher something- anything. Some detail that could help him lessen the confusion.

Was this man not human?

Of course he isn't Park Jimin, he snorted to himself, feeling like he was exhausting his already exhausted brain cells at this point. Humans can't control time.

"You look so pathetically frightened- it's such a joy"

That settles it, this man wasn't a nice person. Not that Jimin was convinced otherwise but that -those words - they just settled it.

He tried to be discrete about taking a breath to calm himself down before asking - "What do you want?"

A hard chuckle left the man's lips.

"I want a lot of thing little angel" Jimin shivered at the way he pronounced the words little angel- it was with such contempt that Jimin felt little joy in something that would otherwise be a compliment. "And you are vital if I am to achieve any of those so-called things"

What?

Not only was Jimin completely and utterly trashed it was also way past two in the morning and at this point he couldn't even make his mind think.

"O-okay..." he mumbled, confusion laced in every syllable. He tried- he really tried to comprehend the situation but at the moment he wanted nothing but to close his eyes and succumb to the instinctive need to sleep.

His eyes lost focus and he desperately tried to keep them open because he could see the man walking towards him and his mind was panicking -but his body refused to listen.

He whined, scared.

There was one second of utter clarity in which Jimin could see the man's cruel smile and his fingers reaching out as if to touch him and Jimin tried to step back, more frightened than ever.

He tried.

Because god, he was so scared.

How did today turn out so wrong?

His eyes shut close just as he heard a pained grunt and someone falling down with a loud thump that just had to hurt.

He opened his eyes just a fraction- and even that was difficult.

The last thing he saw was an unknown concerned face up-close before he gave into the tiredness and succumbed to the exhaustion.

______

Annnd let the series of cliffhangers begin.

A comment makes a writers day :)

Stay Safe!

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 17.3K 34
[COMPLETED] ✓ #BreakTheSilenceAwards2020 "He's dead.." (27 Chapters) You are a retired stylist from Bighit and decided to go to America for a few yea...
465K 19.7K 51
Jimin was just the usual quiet young man, wandering around in life dying to find something to give him purpose. At least, that's how it was before he...
4K 205 21
"It's okay, Jiminie. You saved me. It was all you could do." "No, it wasn't! I could've found a different way! I didn't have to kill him!" . In...
3.9K 316 33
Ever heard of supernatural beings? If you have, then you should think again if they're real or not. Jimin had a dark past that lead him to being kidn...