Go With It (A Zayn Malik Fan...

By JCatherineS

Autumn Williams' world crumbled when her Mother died, and now all her Dad wants to do is leave. Autumn moves... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- A Warm Welcome
Chapter 2- Fancy Seeing You Here
Chapter 3- Nice to Meet You Too
Chapter 4- Keep Your Distance
Chapter 5- See You There
Chapter 6- Do Friends Make You Blush?
Chapter 7- That's a Shocker
Chapter 8- Don't Freak Out
Chapter 9- So Close, Yet So Far
Chapter 10- What Just Happened?
Chapter 11- I Haven't Forgotten
Chapter 12- Falling Into Place
Chapter 13- He Would Never
Chapter 14- Electric Shock
Chapter 15- What's You're Problem?
Chapter 17- We're In For a Treat
Chapter 18- Flipped
Chapter 19- Redo
Chapter 20- Why Not
Chapter 21- Trapped
Chapter 22- Here We Go
Chapter 23- A Fighter
Epilogue

Chapter 16- Happy Birthday

9.4K 355 66
By JCatherineS

   The first thing that popped in my head when I woke up on friday was it was my birthday. I was officially 17 years old, but I still felt like a kid. I didnn't feel any different which didn't come as a surprise. Then I thought about Zayn I hadn’t seen him for the last 2 days I tried texting him but he was being vague. I walked to the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

Happy Birthday Autumn have a wonderful day. I won’t be back till late, but dinner tomorrow for sure. 

Lots of love,

Dad

Beside the letter was a bouquet of daises which were my favourite flowers. I gave them a quick sniff and decided to get ready for school.

I was listening to my music bobbing my head slightly when I got to school. I opened the door to go inside, but a hand grabbed mine and pulled me back.

“WOAH!” I was pulled back against a wall.

“Hey!” Zayn stood in front of me with a wild look on his face. Before I could say anything he leaned in a kissed me long and hard. I instantly melted and wrapped my arms around him. We stood there kissing for a while, but then he pulled out. “I know it’s only been two days, but man I’ve missed you.” He gave me a quick peck on the lips. “First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

“Sh!” People looked at us. “I don’t like it when people find out it’s my birthday.”

“What do you mean?!”

“It’s just I don’t like it when people say ‘happy birthday!’ all day long, and it’s even worse when the entire class sings it.”

“Damn you are one of a kind.”

“But thank you how did you know?”

“FaceBook duh!” I laughed. “Also I saw it on your calendar when I came over.”

“Very true.” 

“Now we’re going out tonight, so cancel any plans you had.”

“You’re in luck Malik.”

“Good! By the way you’re going to love your gift.” 

“You didn’t have to get me anything!”

“Oh but I had too!” The bell interrupted us.

“I’ll see you later?”

“Of course.” Zayn gave me a quick kiss and then we went out separate ways. 

“Happy birthday!” Lily and Harry yelled as I walked into English. I took a seat and put my hand over my face.

“Happy birthday to you,” Harry began to sing, soon everyone else in the class joined in.

“Thanks guys.” I was so embarrassed. “So where were you the last 2 days.”

“Had some family stuff.” Lily said nervously.

“That’s strange Harry said you were sick.” She shot him a look.

“I was sick and I had family stuff?”

“Mhm.”

My art class was not so welcoming with birthday wishes which was fine with me.

“Hey there birthday girl.” Zayn whispered into my ear and then he took a seat.

“Hey there I’m really looking forward to tonight.”

“I’m glad!” Kristen came eventually and she continued to flirt with Zayn.

“I missed you!” She gushed, I rolled my eyes. 

When the bell rang for lunch Zayn told me he would meet me there. I decided to go sit with Louis and everyone.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” They shouted, there was cupcake waiting for me.

“You guys are the sweetest.” I gave them each a hug. We began to talk about our worst birthday experiences which made me laugh.

“The worst was when my sister gave me this huge present that was twice my size. I was so excited to open it up, but I cried when I realized the box was empty.” Sam frowned. We all burst out laughing. I turned and saw Jen and Liam waving over to me. I decided to go sit with them.

“Happy birthday!” They said in unison like a cute couple would.

“Thanks guys!” I wasn’t going to complain anymore. “Zayn and I were going out tonight I was wondering if after you guys wanted to hang out?” Liam and Jen gave a look to each other. 

“Uhm we can’t sorry!” Jen said.

“Yeah we got some other stuff, but another time!”

“Okay it’s fine!” What was with everyone this week, they all seemed so weird.

The rest of the day went by fast which was great because I was eager to see Zayn tonight. He couldn’t walk me home, but he promised he would make it up to me tonight. I had no clue what I was going to wear, should I dress fancy? I decided to wear a black cocktail dress, it hand thin straps, it slightly flared at the knee, and the entire back was covered in lace. After my shower I put it on, made my hair wavy, and put on some makeup. I slipped on my light wash denim shirt, I slid on some chunky gold rings, and put on a pair of black combats. I took one final look in the mirror, I had to admit I looked good. I grabbed my black leather clutch with gold studs on it and headed out. I took a taxi to the location Zayn told me to meet him at, however when  got out I was in the middle of an empty parking lot. I asked the driver if he came to the right place. Just then another taxi rolled in, and Zayn stepped out. He wore a pair of tan pants and a casual blue dress shirt. 

“You look stunning.” He approached me and gave me a kiss.

“You don’t look too bad yourself.” I joked. He grabbed my hand and lead me into the taxi. “Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise!” With that he took out a red blindfold and put it over my eyes.

“If you’re kidnapping me you’re doing a terrible job.”

“Oh man!” He laughed. After driving for about ten minutes we stopped. Zayn lead me out of the car, I still had my blindfold on so I was trying not to trip. He led me up some stairs and into a room. He slipped of my blindfold we stood in a pitch black room.

“What is this?” All of a sudden the lights turned on and a huge crowd of people stood in front of me.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUTUMN!” I stumbled back shocked, but Zayn wrapped his arms around me. 

“Happy birthday.” He nuzzled my neck.

“Oh my god!” I was still in shock when Lily, Sam, Harry, Louis, and Niall came up to me.

“It was Lily and Zayn’s idea!” Niall shouted.

“That’s why they weren’t at school the last couple of days.” Harry beamed.

“I hope you like it!” Lily shrieked. I looked around them room, we stood in Lily’s house which was huge. Everyone began to go back to their own conversations and the music blasted through two giant speakers. 

“I love it thanks so much!” I gave Lily a big hug, and I hugged the rest of the gang. 

“Now go have fun!” Louis laughed. I turned to Zayn.

“Come on!” He yelled, he grabbed my hand and led me to an area where everyone was dancing. He pulled me through the crowd till we got to the center of the dance floor. Feel So Close by Calvin Harris blasted through the speakers. Zayn and I began to shake our heads to the music and bobbed up and down. We burst out laughing since we both knew we looked like idiots, but we didn’t care. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss as we danced. This night was everything and more. He put his hand around my waist while we danced to the song. After dancing for a while we decided to go get something to drink. We walked over to a table filled with snacks and drinks. Just as I was about to grab the bottle a hand snatched it away from me.

“Happy birthday.” Kristen sneered, and took a long sip of the water.

“Thanks.” Zayn was talking to Liam at the moment. 

“Don’t think I’m here for you I have better things to do.”

“Really then why are you here?” I snapped back.

“I have my reasons.” Kristen shifted her eyes to Zayn and then back to me.

“If you’re here for him you’re waisting your time.” No way was I letting her win.

“We’ll see about that.”

“Hey Kristen mind if I steal Autumn from you?” Zayn interrupted 

“Go right ahead!” She said sweetly. 

Zayn pulled me away from her just in time. He walked me up a set of stairs and into what seemed to be the guest room. He took a seat on the bed and I followed by sitting across from him. 

“Autumn let me start off by saying it’s not easy getting you a gift.”

“Well you never had to get me one!”

“But I had to, because you’re special to me.” My cheeks turned red. “So I thought long and hard for the last week on what I was going to do for you.” He pulled a small bag out from underneath the bed. He handed it over to me and bit his lip nervously. I took out what seemed to be a black sketch book. Inside of the front cover was a message. 

To one very special girl,

Those art lessons paid off you’re one hell of a teacher.

Xoxo

-Zayn Malik

I smirked, and flipped the page anxious to see what it was. My heart stopped for a moment, on the first page of the book was a portrait that Zayn drew...Of me. It looked exactly like me, the hair, face shape, eyes, everything. In the background was a field of dandelions, which made me tear up. I took my eyes off the page after minutes of staring at it.

“It’s beautiful.” My voice was shakey.

“You like it?” Zayn said excitedly, I nodded my head.

“I love it it’s absolutely wonderful!” 

“I worked so hard on it drawing you is no easy task!” I had to make sure the shading was right, and---” Before he could finish his sentence I kissed him. No guy had ever done something so special for me before. We sat there for a few moments kissing, but then I pulled out.

“Thank you.” He rested his forehead against mine.

“Happy birthday.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 50 24
An ordinary girl living her life was forced to move with her family across the world to London. She warmed up to the idea after letting it sit for a...
142K 1.8K 128
ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴏғᴏ ʙᴏᴏᴋ. ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀ. ʜᴀᴠᴇ ғᴜɴ;) ♡♥♡♥ //completed// *new cover*
74K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
1K 18 19
When Sky moves to Wolverhampton to get away from her evil dad and controlling abusive ex, she meets new people. She doesn't take to well to Liam does...