Sour or Sweet

By royaaltybri

First they're sour, then sweet. - sweet /swēt/ adjective 1. pleasing in general; delightful. 2. highly satisf... More

copyright.
characters.
introductions.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
tweleve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eightteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven

forty-three

12.2K 767 527
By royaaltybri

Cameron A. Hayes

Houston, Texas
2021

Brielle is definitely going to cuss me out once she wakes up. It's gonna be a minute before she does though, we ate and I laid dick before we took a nap. I didn't tell her I was leaving but hopefully the flowers I left distract her from the fact. But whew, another long week ahead of me. I've been going to Houston twice every month for the last six months. I really don't have to but being the perfectionist I am, I wanna make sure everything is right.

Some days I hold meetings and some days I be on the bulldozer, that's why baby packed my steel toe boots. This condominium building is gonna be huge for me and it's going to open up a lot of doors. Even though I got my mama last name tied to my company, I want my own legacy.

I was about twenty minutes from my hotel. Dakari and Ashley offered me a room at their house but I declined. I didn't want to impose. I still don't have a new assistant because I haven't picked one yet. Bri gave me a idea to do a paid internship for college students majoring in Architecture or Real Estate. They would be my assistant and intern. In order to apply you had to have a 2.8 gpa or higher, two letters of recommendation and a essay. I got over 100 applicants which I wasn't expecting, at all. When I go back home, I'm going to have Bri help me narrow my options down. Think I'm going choose two.

I pulled up to the Marriott and parked. I pulled my personal phone from the cup holder and saw I had messages from folks. I bypassed everybody and clicked on baby's.

alaya 💍:

thank you for the flowers baby 🥺 they're beautiful! I love you boy.
6:35pm

glad you like them mamas
and I love you more girl 😘

I killed the engine and grabbed my keys, climbing out. I slid my phone in my pocket and shut the door. I popped the trunk and threw my bookbag across my back. I grabbed my garment bag and suitcase before closing the trunk. I threw my keys to the valet and walked into the lobby which was fairly busy for a Sunday evening. I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi Mr. Hayes! We've been expecting you. Your room is ready and your wife is already upstairs waiting for you."

Wife? Who the fuck playing games. I shook my head. "No, you must have me mixed up with someone else. I'm not married."

The receptionist frowned and staring typing on the keyboard. She looked back up. "Penthouse suite, Cameron and Brielle Hayes?"'

I frowned. What the fuck is really going on. "Can I have the keycard and call security please."

I left my bags and placed them on the side of the desk before sprinting towards the elevator. I tapped the button and stepped pressing twenty-five for the penthouse suite floor. I just wanna know who's posing as Bri, when I know for a fact she was in the bed when I left. I shook my head and stepped off once the elevator stopped. I took a left stuck the keycard in the door. Once it beeped, I pushed the knob down and pushed the door open. I heard the TV on and shook my head. I turned the corner a nearly jumped out of my skin.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

She smirked mischievously. "Missed me?"

I shook my head and stayed where I was. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be. Just get yo shit and go."

She shook her head and climbed off the bed walking towards me. That's when I noticed she had lingerie on. I stepped back. "Don't even think about touching me."

Where the hell is security? Because y'all know I don't even believe in putting hands on anybody but this bitch Jayla got me fucked up. I should've listened to my baby from the jump. I don't know what gave her the impression that I wanted her. Every conversation that we had was work related. She stepped closer and I stepped back. I heard a knock and looked at the door.

"Mr. Hayes? It's the Manager, I have security with me!"

"HELP! HE'S RAPING ME. HELP!" Jayla screamed bloody murder and I just looked at her like she was stupid. Next thing I knew the door was busted open with the security and manager marching in.

"Mr. Hayes, are you alright?" The manager asked me and Jayla's face dropped.

I shook my head. "Yes, but this woman is not my wife."

"If she's not your wife, then who is she because apparently she knows you." The manager asked me while looking at Jayla.

"She's my ex-assistant, that was fired for misconduct." The manager nodded and motioned for security to grab her. She started doing all that unnecessary ass screaming. She lunged at me but the security snatched her up and dragged her out of the room.

"ILL SEE YOU TOMORROW BABY!" Jayla screamed as she was being dragged out of the room.

The manager turned to me. "Mr. Hayes, I apologize on the behalf of my employee. She should have been more careful. Your week will be free and I'll be refunding you your money. I'm also moving you to the other penthouse suite, so if you will follow me please, and I'll have your bags sent up."

I shook my head and followed behind her down the hall. Brielle finna give me a earful. The manager unlocked the door and let me walk in first. I like that room better because I was familiar with the bed. "I'll be right back with your bags."

I nodded and sat on the couch. I pulled my personal and business phones out my pocket. I unlocked my personal and facetime'd baby. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey baby!" She beamed. She was in her office working. I pulled the hood of my windbreaker over my head and bit my bottom lip.

"Uh, we may have a problem." She stopped what she was doing and looked into the camera.

"Stop beating around the bush and spit it out." She leaned back in her chair and folded her arms across her chest. I sighed.

"When I texted you, I had just pulled up to the hotel. I got out and made my way inside to check in and the attendee said the usual greeting. Hi Mr. Hayes and all that. Then she said my room is ready and that my wife, Brielle, is upstairs waiting on me."

Bri snatched her phone up and mugged the camera laughing. "Wife?"

"That instantly raised red flags. I asked for the keycard and said call security. I got on the elevator and once I made it to the room.. Uh, Jayla was in the bed with lingerie on. When the manager and security made theirselves known, she hollered raped. Security removed her from the room."

Baby laughed and threw her head back. She stayed like that for about two minutes. "Ima fuck you up for not listening. Because I fucking told you! I'm going to kill that bitch for playing with me. She wanna play crazy and act like Lisa from Obsessed. Then guess what? I'm going to show her crazy. And why the fuck she wait until after a month of being fired to show her ass? Oo! I'm going to kill her. Stupid ass bitch!"

I let her rant because I knew it was coming. She saw the signs from the beginning and I should've listened. "That's not all, she said she'll see me tomorrow. So I'm assuming she's coming to the job site."

"Bye. I'll be in Houston in the morning." And I was faced with the three beeps.

Brielle A. Jones

It's eight in the morning and guess where I'm heading to? You guessed right. I hope y'all ain't think I was bluffing. If Cameron would've have listened in the first place, all this could've been avoided. I know her type and she's not going to stop until she gets what she want. But the bitch is about to die because she's damn sure not getting Cameron. I ain't coming up off that unless I'm dead and hell not then either. He better in the next grave beside me, the fuck.

But this hoe is very bold because first she's blowing up his phone sending him nudes? Now she's sneaking in his hotel room and posing as me? She basically signed her death certificate and I don't give a fuck about it. The disrespect has been going on for far too long and I'm tired of it.

Around nine thirty-ish I was pulling up to the Marriott. I parked in the front and grabbed my bookbag from the floor. I had to hop out because I was in Cam's range. My vapormax hit the ground and I made my way towards the entrance heading straight towards the elevator. Cameron sent me his floor and room number last night. I hit 25 and waited. Once the elevator stopped, I stepped off and took a right. 1125, 1225, 1325, and 1425 was my destination. I knocked on his door and stepped back. He should be up by now. I heard the locks turn and the door was pulled open. I shook my head and pushed passed him.

"Goodmorning to you too Alaya." He frowned at me. I rolled my eyes and threw my bookbag off my back sitting down on the couch. I opened it and pulled out my gun with its cleaning kit.

Cameron looked at me and shook his head. "Is that really necessary?"

I nodded my head. "Absolutely. I am not about to keep fighting bitches. Yo ex was one too many."

I laid a clean towel on the table and stripped the gun all the way down. I cleaned every piece of metal and reassembled the gun under twenty minutes. I loaded the my clip and cocked it back. I made sure it was on safety and slid it back in my bookbag. I looked up at Cameron, who was staring at me. I gave a fake smile and rolled my eyes.

"You ready?" He asked as he grabbed his hard hat.
I looked at him and he noticed that he had on a neon yellow company shirt, khakis, and his steel toe boots. I stood whilst grabbing my bookbag and made my way towards the door.

As I was walking away, Cameron pulled me by arm and turned me around. He gripped my neck and tongued me down. "Mhmmm."

I moaned against the kiss and pulled away. "Aht aht! Let me be mad."

I said while I snatched away from him. I pulled the door open and walked out towards the elevator with him following behind me. I tapped the button and stepped on—pressing L for lobby. I felt him looking at me but I ain't care. The elevator dinged and we stepped off. I pulled the keys from my pocket.

"You not riding with me?"

I shook my head. "Nope because I'm going by my parents after and then I'm going back home if I don't do too much damage."

He looked at me but did say anything. We made our away outside and he gave his ticket to the valet. I unlocked the range and climb in. I pushed the start button and waited on Cameron to get his car. Once the valet finally pulled around, Cam climbed in and pulled off. I was right behind him.

After driving for about fifteen minutes we was pulling up to the work site. I parked besides Cam's Benz and rolled my window down—killing the engine. He walked over to the window and reached in gripping my chin. He licked his lips.

"You know I love you right?"

I nodded my head.

"You also know that I'll never hurt you right?"

I nodded my head again and he leaned in pecking my lips three times. He placed his forehead on mine looking into my eyes. "If she is bold enough to show up, she drives a candy red BMW."

He pecked my lips again and walked away. I think this is my second time being at the work site since he started this project. I looked around and was impressed. The building itself is halfway up. If I'm not mistaking, he said odd floors will have an odd amount of rooms. The same goes for the even floors. Second floor? Then that's two or four bedrooms. I'm honestly proud. The payout is going to be huge.

I heard some loud ass music and looked to my right seeing the bold infamous Jayla. She's pretty, I could give her that but she ain't me. Her ways and attitude make her so ugly. Glad Cameron got this illegal ass tent. She stepped out of her car and I shook my head. Shorty had on a short tight ass dress. She shut her door and switched her way to Cameron, who was going over some blue prints. I decided to wait a min before getting out. Oh fuck no! Bitch just rubbed her hand down Cam's arm. He pushed her away and looked my way.

I grabbed my gun and tucked into the back of my pants. I opened the door and hopped down. I made my way over.

"Well well." I made my presence known and she looked my way with wide eyes.

I waved my hand. "Hi."

She stood straight up and stepped away from Cameron who stepped beside me.

"Oh, Hi Mrs. Hayes."

I laughed and threw my head back. Hoe wanna be funny. "Girl stop the bullshit. You know damn well we're not married. I heard you was the Mrs. though, congratulations."

She didn't say anything but looked ahead. Bitch oughta feel stupid. Had a good paying job but wanted to be a hoe. I shook my head you hate to see it.

"Cameron I'll just email you about getting me job back." She placed her hand on Cam's shoulder and smirked my way. Bye. Because I fucking lost it. I pulled my gun from my waistband and whipped around so fast, I think I got whiplash. I wrapped her in the face with the gun and she cried out. I know for a fact people heard but I don't give a fuck.

"Tired of yo dumbass disrespecting me and my relationship." I hit her in the face with each word. I wrapped her again with the gun because she was crying and it was getting on my nerves. I popped the safety off and pulled the chamber back. I fired two shots at her kneecaps. Crawl hoe.

I turned to Cameron. "I love you and I'll be at my parents cause I'm not waiting until the police show up. Give them the address."

"Girl c'mere." He pulled me by my neck.

"I ain't even gonna lie, that was kind of sexy but this your last time stepping out of character. Now get out of here because my workers looking at you crazy." He kissed me and pulled out his phone.

I turned to walk away but stopped and turned back around. I kicked Jayla in her face so hard, I saw a tooth fly. Serves her right. I put the safety back on piece and made my way towards the truck. I opened the door and climbed in. I dropped the gun in my lap and grabbed my phone calling my daddy. He answered on the second ring. I pushed the start button and pulled off.

"Did you kill her?" I busted out laughing and shook my head.

"No daddy, but you might wanna call our lawyer. I'm on the way to the house." I took a left at the light.

"If you didn't kill her, then what the hell did you do?"

I laughed. "I beat her up, shot at her kneecaps and kicked her teeth out."

"Oh god. ASHLEY! Call our lawyer! Girl hurry up and beat the police here." I shook my head when I heard the dial tone.

It took me a minute to get to this side of the city because I was downtown. I drove up to the gate and rolled my down. The gatekeeper waved and let me through. I drove down the road and stopped at our gate and punched the code in. We really got the biggest house in the whole community. I drove up the driveway and parked behind Keria's Honda Accord. I killed the engine and stepped out tucking the gun in my pants. I stuck my key in the front door and turned it—walking in. I didn't even bothering taking my shoes off. Already know 12 gonna be here soon.

"Daddy! Mama!" I walked from the foyer in the living room. I saw Keria laying on the couch with Zaire on her chest and SoSo laying beside her. I pouted because she didn't even bother looking at me. I walked into the kitchen. My mama on the phone and daddy was counting money. I placed my gun, phone and keys on the counter.

"Girl you act like me more and more each day. That scares me."

I laughed at my daddy. "That's because you taught me everything I know."

He shook his head and frowned. "Dam—."

Ding Dong. Ding Dong. The sound of the doorbell cut him off. That was quick. My parents looked at me. They walked to the front and I followed behind them. My daddy pulled the door open and there were three police officers standing there.

"Hi, we're looking for Brielle Jones."

My mama turned around and kissed me on my forehead. My daddy gave me a hug and I stepped up. "That would be me."

"Can you turn around please?"

I did as told and heard the cuffs clink. They slapped them on my wrist. "Brielle Jones, you are under arrest for aggravated assault against Jayla Anderson. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?"

I shook my head no and they hauled me away.

the ex-assistant is back!

my good sis bri finna get booked!
#FREEBRI UNTIL ITS BACKWARDS

please excuse all mistakes.

please vote, comment, and share.

until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 107K 40
noun: weakness. /ˈwēknəs/ -a person or thing that one is unable to resist or likes excessively.
119K 3.5K 25
Bittersweet - adjective/: both bitter and sweet to the taste Kamari Jackson was bitter to the soul. He didn't like to be touched, lo...
365 23 17
Eudaemonia eu·dae·mo·nia 。noun 1 : well-being, happiness. OR In which a girl falls for a boy. "Stupid Sharpie Girl"
55.1K 2.3K 73
/ˈ(h)wərlˌwind/: an hasty yet passionate affair between two individuals that leaves both in an inebriated and sometimes toxic state. The story of two...