Sinister Tales

Oleh AnnaxLove

"Sometimes it's best to stay out where you're not welcome." Demented will chill you to the bone, for these ar... Lebih Banyak

A Son's Rage
Kingly Road Myth
Late Night Pick-Up
Layla's Gift
Friends Forever
To Stop A Monster
Help Me
Accused
Run And Hide
Watching
Early Bird Gets The Worm
The Chase
Intruder
The Babysitter
Lockdown
Haunted
Imagination
Halloween
Full Moon
Followed
Cool Kids
Monster
Kidnapped
Trouble
Marie
Nerves
Ugly
Paranoia
Knock
Investigation
Stalked
Stuck
Missing
Island
Home
Spill Your Secrets
Asylum
Outbreak
A Girl Named Alaina
Love Of A Fan
Small Town Terror
A Christmas Story
Unease
Sinners
We're getting published!
Pills
Love
Buy the book!
Stowan High
Pain
Sweet Addiction
Buy the second book now!
Aftermath
Captivity
Joe
Cycle
The Hunt
Resurrection
Damaged
Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
Guilty
Nightmares
Inspiration
Tear House
Package
Bathroom Games
Earful
Valentine

Trespass

25K 521 466
Oleh AnnaxLove

Trespass

2015 © All Rights Reserved

Tania and Shyla made their living breaking into homes, but things are never as easy as they seem.

"How do you know which home you're going to choose?" Tania's best friend, Shyla asked her. Shyla sat on the dirty couch, torn and stained beyond repair. It sat in the middle of the cold, dark apartment they squatted in ever since the two made their way to the town they were in. Webs and spiders were in almost every corner of the front room. They never bothered the girls so the girls never bothered them. The two girls, both aged seventeen ran away from their homes a month ago and had to make their living doing unethical things.

Tania looked over at her friend, taking a minute to smile at her innocence. Shyla had never went along with her to the houses they'd invade, but this time Shyla insisted on her coming. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked.

"I am," Shyla quickly nodded her head like an eager child. "I can't sit in this depressing place a moment longer."

"Okay, but it's an in and out kind of thing. We're not going to look around more than we already have to. Find money, food, or anything we could sell to Frankie." Tania said.

Frankie was a male in his late twenties, known for selling stolen goods. Tania met him one afternoon after he saw her shoplifting some foods. His tough look never steered her away from him. Eventually the two got to talking and hit it off and were now dating.

"I don't like Frankie, he gives me the creeps." Shyla fiddled with the plastic that came along with the crackers she had ate.

"Why does he give you the creeps? I don't get that feeling around him." Tania looked up from tying her shoes.

"Well for one, he's a twenty eight year old dating a seventeen year old," Shyla mentioned, giving Tania a look.

"Christ, you remind me of my nagging mom when you look at me like that. Besides, I'm almost eighteen, it's not like we do anything. He knows I don't do anything until marriage," Tania smirked at her.

"Oh please, you're a closet slut that only opens to every guy that calls you pretty," Shyla said, half joking. "Which happens a lot."

"Closet slut?" Tania let out a small laugh.

Shyla looked up at Tania with a slightly annoyed look, "A slut that doesn't want to admit it. How are you my best friend if you can't even figure out my phrases?"

"Damn, who pissed in your cereal?"

Shyla laughed, "I'm just really nervous about going, this will be my first time going with you. What if I screw up? Besides, I didn't eat cereal, I had crackers. Peanut butter crackers to be exact."

Tania put down the bag she always took along with her to these trips and looked at her best friend. The dark rings under her eyes got worse with each week since they had left home and she could notice the extreme weightloss. "You need to eat more than just crackers." Shyla's face was almost the shade of white to where if Shyla told her she was vampire, Tania might believe her for a split second.

"I don't want to eat too much unless we run out of food. I'll eat more when I get back from this little adventure. I promise." Tania wanted to believe her friend and let the discussion drop. Shyla could see Tania in deep thought, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Tania waved her hand away, picking up the light bag, not holding any contents yet except for the things they would need.

Shyla stood up, staring at her friend with a knowing look, "Tania," Her tone was firm.

"What?" She tried to play off the oblivious act.

"Tell me now or else I won't go." Shyla crossed her arms against her chest.

Tania shrugged, "Okay, see you later." She pushed past her friend and headed for the door.

"Tania, stop." Shyla grabbed onto her arm before Tania could reach the doorknob. "You need to tell me what's on your mind."

She stared out the dirty window, the grime had built up over time. Dead bugs have made their death beds on the window sill. "I'm just worried about you, okay?"

"I'm okay. Now lets go get this done already," Though Shyla tried to shift her friends worries and concerns to a more important task at hand, it didn't work. Tania let the subject go again and walked out into the warm night air. "It's fucking humid out tonight."

The sky was darkening, soon to be turning pitch black. Tania always preferred to break into homes at night, knowing there would be less witnesses around. They walked, not having a car to ride in yet. The two had a chance to take a car from home, but they would've been more likely to be found if they did so they decided against it. "You like to curse, don't you?"

"Don't you?" Shyla turned the tables, "You never answered my question earlier."

"What?" She couldn't remember what she was talking about.

Shyla smacked herself in the face lightly, dragging her hand down her cheek, "Ugh, you don't remember anything do you?"

"Nope. I have the memory of a guppy." Tania joked. "For real, what question?"

"How do you choose which house you're going to break into?"

"Oh," Tania thought on the question, wondering how she could explain it to her friend. "I look during the day when I'm usually taking things to Frankie and pick which house looks nice and family that looks like they're loaded. I find the perfect house in the perfect neighborhood. No cameras or anything."

"Wait," Shyla stopped walking. "How do you know if the family is home or not?"

"I don't," She continued moving her feet without her friend next to her.

Shyla jogged to catch up then walked at a normal pace when they were next to each other. "What if we get caught?"

"I've done this many times, ninety percent of the time, a family is in the house sleeping while I do it. Don't sweat it, it'll be okay as long as you're as quiet as possible. And don't fuck around." Tania left it at that and so did Shyla, but inside of her mind she had her worries about a family catching them in their home. That would be the end of them, they'd be thrown in jail and returned home to their family after they served time. Both thoughts scared her.

Both girls arrived in front of an one story home, the way the trees loomed over the house gave it an eerie look, but other than that, it was beautiful for a one story home. Shyla could see why her friend chose the house to break into it.

"No car, see? No one's home." Tania pointed to the empty drive way.

"Someone could still be home. Let's just get this over with in case no one is home and do it before they arrive. Do you have the gloves?" Shyla asked.

Tania nodded and gave her gloves, then put some on her hands.

Both of them walked up to the front door. Tania twisted the knob in case it was unlocked. When she realized she had to unlock it, she pulled out the right tools. While she focused on that, Shyla's attention was on their surroundings. There was enough trees to keep them hidden from a distance, but any curious onlookers that came close enough would be able to see them. The sound of a click and the door opening with a slight squeak, dragging itself across the wooden flooring snapped Shyla's attention to the inside. It was dark, but the moon provided some sort of light into the home.

"Come on, Shy." Tania grabbed her by the arm, pulling her into the home and closing the door.

While inside the air conditioned home, they both looked around. Tania went to the kitchen, skilled with the task of taking food, but not enough to where it was noticable. Shyla walked around, looking for anything that would be of value. She passed by a picture. It was a family of three; a man, a woman, and a teenage looking boy. They looked happy and she couldn't help but envy that about them.

Walking out of the living room and into a bedroom, she could tell it was a teenage boy's room from the clothes strewn across the room and posters of women thumbtacked into the walls.

She looked on the desk to see nothing but a laptop, papers that looked like school work and lotion. For a moment, she thought about taking the laptop but decided against it because she didn't know if that'd be the best idea.

She got on her stomach and looked under the bed, "Jackpot," She said and went to grab the jar of money under his bed filled with silver coins and dollar bills.

As soon as she almost grabbed it, she felt someone yanking her away from the jar. Shyla freaked out, ready to throw punches until she saw who it was. "I found a jar of money, why the hell are you scaring me like that?"

"Someone just pulled into the driveway, genius." The sentence made Shyla's heart feel like it froze, stuck in the moment of perpetual fear, she couldn't move. Tania started to drag her across the room. "Move your ass, we need to hide!"

The sound of the car doors slamming shut snapped Shyla out of her trance. She got up off of the floor, frantically looking around for a place to run. She saw a door, thinking it led to the backyard and ran towards it. Tania went with her, not knowing where they were going.

When they entered, they realized it didn't lead to where they wanted to be. Outside.

As they closed the door, they could hear the front door opening. "Did you lock the door?" They could hear a woman's voice.

The two girls listened from inside an empty dark room with stairs. "I think we're in a basement." Shyla whispered.

Tania didn't answer back to her, but listened intently to the voices on the other side of the door, "I know I locked it." This time it came from a man with deep, intimidating voice.

"Shit," Tania said in a hushed tone. She quietly made her way down the stairs with her friend, both of their hearts beating at a speed that almost seemed as if they had an intense workout session. Their legs shook while their hands held onto the wooden railing, holding them up so they wouldn't collapse from the dread they were currently experiencing.

As they made their way to the bottom, they could barely see a thing. There were no windows or doors they could see to exit to the outside world. The real horror of being caught started to settle in and they began to panic.

"What do we do?" Shyla paced back and forth until she slipped on something. It wasn't a liquid, but something solid.

"Are you okay?" Tania helped her friend up.

"Yeah, yeah." She got up, still shaking. "What did I slip on?"

The light at the top of the stairs turned on. A man and woman came down the steps already having seen the two girls, guns pointed at them. "Don't try to run. I won't hesistate to kill you." The man spoke. Neither of the girls doubted him.

Shyla's eyes went to what made her fall. It was a bone. She screamed and Tania's eyes followed to see what made her friend so scared. Instead of screaming and crying like Shyla was doing, Tania's knees gave out from beneath her.

"So you seen our collection? Want to see more?" The woman flicked another switch and the basement filled with light, temporary blinding Tania and Shyla. Shyla went from crying to being stunned into silence. Nothing but bones surrounded them. "I'm Darlene." She walked down the stairs.

With each step she took, both of them wanted to run, but with the guns pointed at each of their heads, they knew an attempt to leave would end in death.

Tania's fingers shook uncontrollably as Darlene walked up to her, then rested the gun on her temple. "Get up." Darlene examined Tania. "I like this one, she's a little thinner than what I like, but she'll do."

"Please let us go. I'm sorry we broke in." Tania begged.

"Did the crime, you'll do the time." Darlene smiled.

Shyla sniffled, "Just send us to jail, we really are sorry."

"Ha," Darlene let out a humorless laugh, "I can't let you leave after you seen my collection. How stupid do you think I am?"

None of them answered.

"Come up here, girl." The man ordered Tania and she walked up the stairs, standing on the step in front of him. "I bet you'll taste delicious." He whispered into her ear, his tongue licked up the side of her neck. Tania cringed at his touch, closing her eyes, trying to step out of her mind for the agonizing moments next to him.

"No tasting the food before it's cooked." Darlene snapped at him.

"Stand up," She told Shyla. After observing her, she gritted her teeth together. "I think I'll have to just kill her. She's too thin, her bones are practically sticking out of her skin. It wouldn't do any good to waste our time on this one."

"Do it." Shyla faced her.

Darlene was taken back by her reaction. An idea popped into her head. "You know, I've always wanted a daughter." She smiled down at Shyla. "I mean, she looks similar to me, don't you think?" She looked up to her husband for an answer.

"Oh yeah," He agreed.

"That settles it." Darlene looked at the girl she would now call her daughter.

"Just kill me, I will never be a part of your family." Shyla's voice changed from brittle, sounding like she was about to cry to toneless, not being able to detect any emotion.

Annoyed, she raised the gun to the young girl's forehead. Shyla closed her eyes, feeling the cold barrel of the gun now resting against her skin. "No!" Tania screamed.

Darlene turned the gun away from Shyla and pointed the gun at Tania, shooting her in the chest, she fell back, hitting the basement door with a loud thump. "Take her to get prepped," She ordered the husband. Shyla stared at her friend being dragged out of the basement.

"Why didn't you shoot me? Fucking shoot me already!" Shyla yelled at her.

"You don't make the rules around here," Darlene grabbed both of her shoulders with a tight grip, squeezing until she could see Shyla wincing in pain. "You're going to be a part of this family whether you like it or not."

Author's Note: I feel so terrible, I haven't updated in forever, but I hope this makes up for it. :) Please don't stone me to death or kill me in any way, I'll learn to update quicker.

The suggestion about someone who breaks into homes was from @bruja_121 . Thank you for the idea. :)

Also, I sort of changed the story Layla's Gift, I like the new version better. The beginning is the same, the ending is different. :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

556K 18.4K 53
Prepare to indulge in your nightmares. Updated weekly. |Copyright.
963 66 19
Ready for Scary Paranormal Stories? Just don't read these at Night or by yourself. Don't read in the dark or far away from someone. These stories wi...
9K 466 35
Katie signs a 26-week travel nurse contract at Shelbyville, a psychiatric hospital notorious for housing some of the most dangerous, violent, and hor...
95.4K 3.1K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...