Tutoring 'The School's Bad Bo...

By naldoking1445

Hayden Cole is an average 17 year old boy. He's in senior year at High School. He is the top scholar at schoo... More

The Characters
Chapter 1: Choices.
Chapter 2: Friends?
Chapter 4: Knowledge is Power.
Chapter 5: One's Choice.
Chapter 6: The Truth Reveals Itself.
Chapter 7: Lust Isn't Love.
Chapter 8: My Fake Boyfriend.
Chapter 9: Dinner Together.
Chapter 10: Night Out.
Chapter 11: Our Fourth Kiss.
Chapter 12: Intimacy.
Chapter 13: Choose.
Chapter 14: My Choice.
Chapter 15: My Memories.
Chapter 16: The Speech.
Chapter 17: Invitation.
Chapter 18: Another Night Together.
Chapter 19: "Don't talk to me."
Chapter 20. My Father's Story.
Chapter 21: New Beginnings.
Christmas Special.
Chapter 22: Road Trip.
Chapter 23: Bad Start.
Chapter 24: "Let our weekend begin."
Chapter 25: Celebration.
Chapter 26: Bondi Beach.
Chapter 27: Happy Birthday.
Chapter 28: Together, Alone.
Chapter 29: Back home.
Chapter 30: Acceptance.
Chapter 31: Change.
Chapter 32: Graduation.

Chapter 3: Lunch Together.

148 9 3
By naldoking1445

*Hayden's POV*

It was almost time for lunch and most of the students had already either completed their essays or reading through the pages that were given to us.

Ashton was sound asleep beside me with his earphones in his ears. Jordaine was almost finish with his essay and he had to stop every now and then for me to check if he was doing the right thing, he might made a few mistakes and had to start over a couple of times but in the end he will me smiling.

Mr White had been walking around and checking what the students were doing and when he came to us, it was only because I was friends with Ashton why he didn't wake him up and give him detention. This guy had really gotten away with a lot of things because of me. He should be thankful that he had me as a friend.

My stomach was begging me to go get a snack or something to eat, but I didn't want to leave Jordaine by himself and make him do anything stupid.

Am I now his babysitter? Do I now have to make sure he stays out of trouble and keep his grades climbing?

This was a hard task I had taken on, for some reason I don't know, because I don't normally do this, but there was something about the school's bad boy.

"I think I'm done." I heard him say holding up the paper.

I looked at him with a smile and take it to proofread before he actually hand it in to me. This was weird. I started reading through the paper, checking for errors or anything that might cause him to get a low grade.

After reading through the paper, and checking for errors it turns out to be good enough for him to get a passing grade.

I told him that I'll collect it from now and with that said, I got up and started collecting the other essays. I don't know why the teachers always ask me to do this, not because I have the highest average in the school, it doesn't mean I'm that responsible or at least the only responsible student in the class.

After collecting all the papers, which was something new, probably because it was Mr. White who was in that day. I asked him what to do with them and he said I should hand them to him and he'll take them to her desk in the teacher's staff room. I honestly have never been in there and I've been coming to this school for the past five years, they only make the students stand at the door and wait to be acknowledged. It was kinda wired though, I mean I know the teachers needs privacy to do there stuff but not one student. They were horrible.

As I walked back to the boys I heard the bell rang which tells us that it's recess. My stomach was happy to know that it was that time of the day. As I approach the boys Jordaine looked at me with a smile and I know that he was ready to go for lunch.

"Wanna go grab lunch?" I asked.

"Sure but what about him." He answered pointing at the sleeping figure in front of me.

I stepped over to him and unplugged the earphones out of his ears which caused him to groan.

"Well that didn't work." I said getting annoyed.

"Ashy!" I shouted in his ears.

"Well that worked." Jordaine interrupt trying to hold back his laugh.

Ashton got up realizing that he was in school and really needed to wash his face. I pulled him up hoping he could hurry and make me go get something to eat. He packed his items in his bag and we left the classroom. As usual, all eyes were on us but we continued walking not caring what anyone had to say. Ashton and I went into the bathroom and Jordaine told me that he would wait on us outside. I agreed and went to help my best friend.

We spent like a minute in the bathroom and came out only to see that Jordaine was missing, it didn't bother me that he left though, just that he said he would eat with us.

Me actually. Those guys can never be trusted.

I got upset and told Ashton that I was going to get lunch, he complied and we went to grab lunch not caring where Jordaine had went, I should have known he just wanted someone to use, but I guess now I have an actual answer for the principal.

We reached the cafeteria and I totally forgot that there would have been a long queue in front of us. I got upset and decided to go to the snack machine.

"You coming? I can't wait on this line, I'm too hungry." I asked Ashton but it was at that moment I heard Jordaine shouted my name.

"Cole!" He shouted loud enough to get the entire building staring at me.

I wasn't upset or angry or mad at him. I was actually on cloud nine when I saw that he held spaces for me and Ashton in the line.

Boy he's a life saver.

I hurried up to the front thanking him for what he had done. I guess I'm the one who owes him now. Karma is really a bitch, in a good way.

"What do you want." He asked with a wide grin.

"Um I'll take, a two piece BBQ, large fries, a small burger and a drink. Don't judge me, I'm starving."

Jordaine looked at me with wide eyes, shocked based on what I just ordered. I couldn't do anything but smile and walk away, I was really starving. He's never been hungry before?

He asked Ashton the same question and he took spaghetti and meatballs with apple juice. 

Wait, is he paying for both of  our lunches? He didn't ask for any money but he's paying. Is he for real?.

Ashton looked at me shocked and I couldn't do anything but do the same.

"Guys I can pay for your lunch, but I can't carry them."

With that said we hurry and take our lunches. He actually was paying for them. Wow, turns out he's not that bad.

"So you eating with us?" Jordaine asked Ashton.

"I'll probably go catch up with Kelly and the others, you guys go on without me."

He looked at me, winked and then walked off.  Ashton really can be the immature one sometimes. I just smiled and walked over to see if I could find an empty table.

Usually when Ashton goes to spend time with his teammates or his girlfriend, I normally go outside and eat lunch or go in the library to read a book, but since Jordaine was here, I decided to stay and keep his company.

"So where do you want to go?" He asked me looking around for a dining table with only two chairs, I know this because I would doing the same.

"Don't you normally eat with your friends and those type of people, I'm not being rude or anything, I'm just wondering if they know who you're with or where you--

"I already told them that I'll meet up with them after school so they don't have to look for me." He said cutting me off.

"So do they know that I'm tutoring you?"

"Is that a definite yes?"

"Not really but I just want to know if you told them."

"No I didn't, they're not the type who can help me get my grades up and they wouldn't understand, so I plan to keep this a secret."

After that long searching, we finally found a table.

"So wait, your friends don't know I'm tutoring you and you plan on having the day spent with me?"

"Yeah, I'm glad you understand."

"No I don't."

"I don't want them to know, that you're tutoring me and the conversation ends here."

"Why, what do you mean?" Now I was getting upset.

"Can you just please let it stay there, I really don't want to do this."

He's never the type to turn down a fight, so I let emotions take over and started to eat my lunch.

"Ok, so how's your day so far?"

He looked up from eating his food, staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"I should be asking you that question, you've spent half a day with 'the school's bad boy,' how do you feel about that?"

He's actually right, I'm the one that should be talking about how I feel around him, and the truth is, I don't feel scared or anything of that sort I just feel different.

"Honestly, I don't know how I feel, I mean, I've never had a friend beside Ashton since I was seven years old. I'm not supposed to be telling you this because we just me but you make me feel different, it's unexplainable but there's this feeling I never felt before and I really like the idea of having you around and I don't think that there's any one to--

"Cole!"

He called my name and I realized how loud I was talking.

"I'm sorry it's just that this is new and--

"Hey it's ok, you don't have to explain anything, just eat your food before it gets cold."

Him saying that placed my mind in a relaxing zone. I don't need to worry about my feelings for him because he understands that I've been locking myself away from the world for so long and I really appreciate that.

I didn't even remember how hungry I was until he told me about my lunch. There was something odd about this guy. Either it was because I've had only one friend for ten years or my feelings for him is something more than friends.

I can't seem to explain.

There was really something about Jordaine Lawrence, and I don't think it will take me long to figure out what is the truth behind how I really feel when I'm around this guy.

******************************

Authors Note: There you go, another chapter with the the scholar and the school's bad boy. I hope you enjoyed it, but what do you think will happen next? Leave it in the comments and remember to vote. Thanks for reading. Cafeteria serving area up above. ʘ‿ʘ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 60 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...
5.2K 300 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
392 3 13
Coles parents divorced and he had to move with his mom. Cole has always been closed off from the world. He's never had real friends or anyone for t...
18.6K 556 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...