Maintaining Harmony (Doctor W...

By puppuphk

Harmony just wanted to go to Comic Con is that so hard to ask apparently so because while waiting for her fri... More

Book 1: Chapter 1
Book 1: Chapter 2
Book 1: Chapter 3
Book 1: Chapter 4
Book 1: Chapter 5
Book 1: Chapter 6
Book 1: Chapter 7
Book 1: Chapter 8
Book 1: Chapter 9
Book 1: Chapter 10
Book 1: Chapter 11
Book 1: Chapter 12
Book 1: Chapter 13
Book 1: Chapter 14
Book 1: Chapter 15
Book 1: Chapter 16
Book 1: Chapter 17
Book 1: Chapter 18
Book 1: Chapter 19
Book 1: Chapter 20
Book 1: Chapter 21
Book 1: Chapter 22
Book 1: Chapter 23
Book 1: Chapter 24
Book 1: Chapter 25
Book 1: Chapter 26
Book 1: Chapter 27
Book 1: Chapter 28
Book 1: Chapter 29
Book 1: Chapter 30
Book 1: Chapter 31
Book 1: Chapter 32
Book 1: Chapter 33
Book 1: Chapter 34
Book 1: Chapter 35
Book 1: Chapter 36
Book 1: Chapter 37
Book 1: Chapter 38
Book 1: Chapter 39
Book 1: Chapter 40
Book 1: Chapter 41
Book 1: Chapter 42
Book 1: Chpater 43
Book 1: Chapter 44
Book 1: Chapter 45
Book 1: Chapter 46
Book 1: Chapter 47
Book 1: Chapter 48
Book 1: Chapter 50
Book 1: Chapter 51
Book 1: Chapter 52
Book 1: Chapter 53
Book 1: Chapter 54
Book 1: Chapter 55
Book 1: Chapter 56
Book 1: Chapter 57
Book 1: Chapter 58
Book1: Chapter 59
Book 1: Chatper 60
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
AN
Book 2: Chapter 12
Author Note
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14

Book 1: Chapter 49

1.1K 34 1
By puppuphk

So here is the next part in Deep Breath, then onto something else. Hope you enjoy if there are any mistakes tell me and I will fix them. Also if there is a certain episode that you want me to do leave a review with it and I will see if I can get to it. Enjoy!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"There she is" I say and pull him to the side that Clara wasn't looking as she seems to smell the Doctor and starts fanning herself trying to get the smell away.

"What's wrong?" the Doctor asks her after she noticed us.

"I don't know. Maybe the smell?" Clara says sarcastically and I cough to cover up my laugh.

"I know. It's everywhere." the Doctor says looking around.

"Where did you get that coat?" Clara asks the Doctor and he looks down at the coat.

"Er, ahem, I bought it." the Doctor says not looking at her but giving me a look of 'help' but I just look away from him and looked at Clara.

"From where?" Clara asks.

"Er, a shop?" the Doctor tries to think of a lie of where he got it but she didn't believe him.

"No." Clara says clearly unamused.

"Might have been a tramp." the Doctor says glancing at her but then glancing away.

"You don't have any money." Clara points out.

"Er, I had a watch." the Doctor says.

"No. That watch was beautiful." Clara says rather upset that he traded his watch for the clothes he was wearing.

"Tell me about it, we better go back and get it too" I grumble though knowing he had to give up the watch even though it was a great watch.

"It was my favourite." the Doctor says after a pause.

"You swapped your favourite watch for that coat. That's maybe not a good deal." Clara says and fiddles with the paper in her hands.

"Well, I was in a hurry. There was a terrible smell." the Doctor

"well, it wasn't like we were in a trashy dumpy alley way either" I say sarcastically turning away from them but still listening and watching the other people or was it robots in the room, at least I think they were robots if what Dylan said was correct.

"Okay." Clara says not looking at him.

The Doctor smiles and laughs a little causing me to turn to look at him raising an eyebrows as to what he was laughing about as this situation was not funny at all.

"No. No, don't. Don't. Don't. Don't smile. I will smile first and then you know it's safe to smile." Clara says gesturing to herself then at the Doctor.

"Are you cross with me?" the Doctor asks her

"I am not cross. But if I was cross it would be your fault and. Yes, I am cross." Clara says.

"Better at him than at me" I say under my breath but feel a kick to my leg causing me to wince and look at Clara's cross eyes and bite my lip shrugging slightly.

"I guessed that." the Doctor points out.

"I am extremely cross." Clara says not looking at him but at the paper in her hand.

"And if I hadn't changed my face, would you be cross?" the Doctor asks her gesturing to his face and I just glare at him for thinking that she was only cross because of his face change.

"I would be cross if I wasn't cross." Clara tells him.

"Why?" the Doctor asks.

"Why?" she asks rhetorically and looks around "An ordinary person wants to meet someone that they know very well for lunch. What do they do?" Clara asks and the Doctor turns to me for help.

"Well, they probably get in touch and suggest lunch or some other type of outing." I say resting my chin on my hands and glancing at the Doctor briefly before looking back at Clara.

"Mmm hmm. Okay, so what sort of person would put a cryptic note in, in a newspaper advert?" Clara asks gesturing to the newspaper and picking it up.

"Well, I wouldn't like to say." the Doctor starts to say.

"Oh, go on, do say." Clara says cutting him off wanting him to get to the point.

"Well, I would say that that person would be an egomaniac, needy, game-player sort of person." the Doctor says to her.

"Ah, thank you. Well, at least that hasn't changed." Clara says looking at the Doctor then back at the paper.

"And I don't suppose it ever will." the Doctor says.

"No, I don't suppose it will, either." Clara says with a chuckle in her voice.

"I know it won't change, never has never will" I say grinning at the Doctor and giving him a wink.

"Clara, honestly, I don't want you to change." the Doctor says and takes her hand and also takes mine under the table. "It was no bother, really. I saw your advert, I figured it out. I'm happy to play your game." the Doctor says and she gives him a funny look moving her hands away from his then pointing at him.

"No. No, no. I didn't place the ad. You and Harmony placed the ad." Clara says gesturing to the both of us.

"No, we didn't." the Doctor says gesturing to me and himself.

"Yes, you two placed the ad, I figured it out. Impossible Girl, see? Lunch." Clara says holding out the paper to the Doctor and I. The Doctor takes the paper.

"No, look, the Impossible. That is a message from the Impossible Girl." the Doctor says setting it down on the table and pointing at 'the Impossible Girl'

"For the Impossible Girl." Clara corrects him.

"Ooo." the Doctor says and I bite my lower lip.

"Oh." Clara says realizing what was going on.

"Well, if none of us placed that ad, who placed that ad?" the Doctor asks and Clara tosses the paper onto the table.

"Hang on. Egomaniac, needy, game-player?" Clara asks the Doctor figuring out that he meant her not him.

"This could be a trap." the Doctor says rather quickly and tightens his hold on my hand looking around the room.

"That was me?" Clara asks him.

"Never mind that." the Doctor dismisses her.

"Yes, I am minding that." Clara says rather upset.

"Clara." the Doctor starts to say but she cuts him off.

"You were talking about me?" Clara asks him.

"Clara, what is happening right now in this restaurant to you and me is more important than your egomania." the Doctor tells her looking at her then back at looking around the room.

"Nothing is more important than my egomania." Clara says in a whisper though her emotion coming through.

"Right, you actually said that." the Doctor says pointing at her.

"You never mention that again." Clara says pointing at him with a threatening look on her face.

The Doctor starts to fiddles with his hair and lets go of my hand but not before making sure I was closer to him for whatever reason and going back to his hair while talking. "It's a vanity trap. You're so busy congratulating yourself on solving the puzzle, you don't notice that you're sticking your head in a noose." he says and had a piece of his hair in his hand.

"What are you doing?" Clara asks him wondering why he had a piece of his hair in his hand.

"And that isn't the only grey one, if you are, er, having a cull." Clara says looking at him then back at the table trying not to keep eye contact with him.

"What, do you have a problem with the grey ones?" the Doctor asks her.

"If I got new hair and it was grey, I would have a problem." Clara says to him rather sassily and I just try and not laugh at their banter.

"Yeah, I bet you would." the Doctor says and goes to reach over me to drop the piece of hair on the floor.

"Meaning?" Clara asks him.

"It's too short" the Doctor say and goes for my hair but I just whack his hand away from me with a glare and he rolls his eyes and pulls a hair from Clara's head.

"Ow." Clara says flinching at him pulling the hair out.

"Sorry, it was the only one out of place. I'm sure that you would want it killed." the Doctor says in a sorry not sorry kind of way.

"Ooo. Are you trying to tell me something?" Clara says and goes to fiddle with the paper.

"I'm trying to measure the air disturbance in the room." the Doctor tells her and is now hunched over me again.

"Right. Moments when you know you are boring." Clara says to him as he holds the hair below the table edge and lets it go. It falls slowly downwards.

"There is something extremely wrong with everybody else in this room." the Doctor points out.

"Mmm. Basically, don't you always think that?" Clara says to him thinking it was just how he normally acts.

"Look at them." the Doctor tells us and I don't turn my head but let my eyes wonder about but Clara goes to move her head and he stops her, "Don't look." he says.

"You just said to look." Clara says annoyed with him.

"Look without looking." the Doctor tells her and she does that.

"They look fine to me. They're just eating." Clara points out not really seeing what the Doctor was pointing out.

"Are they?" the Doctor says and she looks again as a soup spoon is repeatedly brought up to the mouth and lowered again, still full. Knives and forks lift and fall over plates.

"Okay, no. No, they're not eating." Clara says now disturbed.

"Something else they're not doing." the Doctor says and another short grey hair falls to the floor. "Breathing." he says.

"What do we do?" Clara asks grabbing the paper.

"Well, you don't want to eat, do you?" the Doctor asks her and then looks at me.

"Nope, no way now, not hungry anymore" I say shaking my head though we wouldn't be able to leave even if we wanted to.

"Hmm. Slightly lost my appetite." Clara says then clears her throat getting our attention." How long before they notice that we're different?" she asks.

"Not long." the Doctor and I point out.

"Anything we can do?" Clara asks us.

"How long can you hold your breath?" the Doctor asks both of us and I try to think how long I can.

"We could just casually stroll out of here, like we've changed our minds." Clara says shaking her head trying to come with another way to get out.

"Happens all the time." the Doctor says nodding.

"Ha. Course it does." Clara says.

We stand up and as we do the other diners stop and stand with a clatter of clockwork. We take a step, the diners move towards us and I grip the Doctor's hand and bite my lower lip.

"We could take another look at the menu." Clara says and we go and sit down again and the diners return to their tables. "What are they?" she asks as we all look over the menu.

"I don't know. But don't worry, because that's not the question. The question is, what is this restaurant?" the Doctor tells her.

"Okay, what is this restaurant?" Clara asks him.

"I don't know." the Doctor tells her and goes back to looking at the tiny meus and a waiter appears at their table, though the only waiter that I would love to be served by would be WheezyWaiter, but that can't happen.

"Er, no sausages? Do you? And there's no pictures either. Do you have a children's menu?" the Doctor asks her and the waiter shines a small green light at the Doctor from the tip of his pencil making me shift closer to the Doctor away from the strange waiter robot thingy.

"Any specials?" the Doctor asks.

"Liver." the waiter responds.

"I don't like liver." the Doctor says looking at him.

"Spleen. Brain stem. Eyes." the waiter says.

"Mmm. Is there a lot of demand for those?" Clara asks rather frightened it seemed.

"I don't think that's what's on the menu. I think we are the menu." the Doctor responds and moves me closer to him.

"Lungs. Skin." the waiter says still bleeping the Doctor.

"Excuse me." the Doctor says and reaches up and pulls off the waiter's face. There is a metal mesh beneath with a flame behind it making me flinch realizing what it was that he was holding and trying to move closer to the Doctor.

"Okay. Robot in a mask." Clara says clearly surprised.

"It's a face." the Doctor points out.

"Yeah, it's very convincing" Clara says and the Doctor puts it over Clara's face.

"No, it's a face." the Doctor tells her and she realizes what he means.

"Oh!" Clara yells and throws it down on the floor scared that that was someone's actual face.

"Yes." the waiter responds.

"Yes, what?" the Doctor asks confused.

"Yes, we have a children's menu." the waiter say.

Metal arms come out of the back of the bench and hold onto each one of us tightly around the arms and legs. They are very nice arms, with hands on the end to clasp together firmly. Then the bench descends and I just wiggle not liking being tied up or strapped up.

"You've got to admire their efficiency." the Doctor says admiring the work of the way we were going down.

"Is it okay if I don't?" Clara asks him and they both start to cry out as we go down and I just sigh knowing what was going to happen.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

We ended up in a large steampunk circular place, all brass and rivets. There were various people standing still in small alcoves around the wall, and I think it was the half-face man is seated in a chair in the center.

"Hello? Hello, are you the manager? I demand to speak to the manager." the Doctor yells to the half-face man who didn't respond.

"This is not a real restaurant, is it?" Clara asks us.

"Well considering that everyone was a robot, I don't think it was" I say wiggle around trying to get loose not liking being imprisoned.

"Well now," the Doctor says looking up then looking around and finally turning back to Clara, "it's more a sort of automated organ collection station for the unwary diner. Sweeney Todd without the pies."

"So where are we now?" Clara asks.

"Underground in a spaceship" I say bluntly.

"Factually? An ancient spaceship, probably buried for centuries. Functionally? A larder." the Doctor says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Wait you mean we are in a storage unit for food!" I say in a loud whisper not wanting to be here now or ever again.

"So why hasn't somebody come for us?" Clara asks us.

"We're alive." the Doctor states.

"We're alive in a larder." Clara points out rather irritated.

"Exactly. It's cheaper than freezing us." the Doctor replies.

"Okay." Clara says.

The Doctor has shaken his sonic screwdriver out from under his coat.

"Are you ready?" the Doctor asks Clara since I apparently couldn't help out even though I was next to him.

"Go for it." Clara tells him.

"Don't let it roll away." the Doctor tells her.

"No." Clara says shaking her head.

"We've got one shot at this." the Doctor carries on.

"Next time, make one that doesn't roll." Clara says irritated that if something happened and she missed it would be nearly impossible to get out.

"Go." the Doctor says and manages to shake the sonic screwdriver onto the floor near Clara's feet.

"Have you got it?" the Doctor asks her.

"I can only just about reach it." Clara says struggling to reach it and I am a bit closer and push it as you would when pushing a pencil that has fallen off the desk to get it back to the person whose it was.

"Oh, it's at times like this I miss Amy." the Doctor whispers and I glare at him.

"Who?" Clara asks him with a suspicious look in her eye.

"Nothing" the Doctor denies talking.

Clara gathers the screwdriver between her feet and aims upwards it at the Doctor.

"Ready?" Clara asks.

"Don't miss." the Doctor says putting some more pressure on her.

She flicks it up into his lap. He winces.

"Oh." the Doctor winces and I realize what the sonic hit and coughed trying not to laugh but failing badly and he glares at me as I clear my throat.

"Sorry, it wasn't funny…" I say to him but then grin. "It was hilarious" I say snickering.

"Sorry, did I hit something?" Clara asks wincing at him looking at him in pain.

"Oh, the symbolism." the Doctor says and he gets the screwdriver into his hands and unfastens his bonds with it, then mine, then Clara's and I stand up and wiggle out the sleepiness of my body since my feet and legs had fallen asleep from sitting.

"You should make that thing voice-activated." Clara says and grabs her dress and goes to walk away only to turn back. "Oh, for God's sake, it is, isn't it?" she asks.

"I don't want to talk about it." the Doctor mutters.

"Doctor?" Clara asks as the Doctor walks over to the nearest alcove where there was a Chinaman that looked really real.

"Dormant." the Doctor says.

"How do you know?" Clara asks.

"I don't. I'm just hoping." the Doctor says and i just grab his hand as we tiptoe away.

"So, is it these guys that killed the dinosaur?" Clara asks.

"Well, if they're harvesting organs, a dinosaur would have some great stuff." the Doctor points out.

"Rather them look somewhere else, not the dinosaurs fault that she was here" I mutter still upset that the poor dinosaur was killed.

"Why would robots need organs? Burke and Hare from space?" Clara asks as she moves a chain out of the way.

"No, but that's a good theory. Droids harvesting spare parts. That rings a bell." the Doctor says stopping for a second.

"Oh I know what you are talking about it's just like…" but the Doctor cuts me off as he stares at the Half-Face Man in the chair in the middle.

"Captain, my Captain." the Doctor says.

"Can he see us?" Clara asks.

"Dormant." the Doctor says just as I say "Asleep" and we look at each other and I shake my head.

"Hoping?" Clara asks.

"Yep. Oh, look." the Doctor says and goes up to him holding out a wire. "He's recharging. He's asleep. Doesn't even know we're here. " he says moving his hand in front of the half-face mans face and I grin.

"See, I was right, he is sleeping" I say.

"Are you sure?" Clara asks.

"Sure. Not sure. One or the other." the Doctor says as we walk in front of him.

"Okay. So, half-man, half-robot. A cyborg, yeah?" Clara says trying to figure it out for herself.

"Oh." the Doctor says.

"Oh?" Clara says in a question type way.

"Oh." I say looking at where the Doctor was looking noticing the hands were different and crinkled my nose.

"Oh" both Clara and the Doctor say.

"Look at the hands." the Doctor points out.

"What about them?" Clara asks not looking at them but just glancing at them.

"Look at them." I tell her.

"I'm looking." Clara says frustrated.

"They don't match. These hands don't belong to the same body." the Doctor

"Which is disgusting and gross" I say moving away from the half-face man as one of the hands was large and fleshy, a workman's hand. The other was slim and dainty, never scrubbed a floor in its life.

"I don't understand." Clara says not understanding what he meant.

"Well, I don't blame you. See this, this is not your normal cyborg. This isn't a man turning himself into a robot. This is a robot turning himself into a man, piece by piece." the Doctor tells her.

"That's what the restaurant's for. " Clara says figuring it out.

"Well, it would need a constant supply of spare parts. You can tan skin, but organs rot. Some of that metalwork looks Roman. Wonder how long it's been around, how much of the original is even left? The eyeballs look very fresh, though." the Doctor points out and the arms move and they jump back and I hide behind the Doctor not liking this one bit anymore.

"Ah." Clara yelps out as it takes hold of the chair arms, and clockwork whirrs.) "Is it awake?" she whispers.

"It's waking up. I think." the Doctor shrugs and I send him a look of 'you think!?' "Okay, let's go." he says and we tiptoe away, then run through a doorway into a brightly lit corridor. The Doctor turns back facing Clara making me stop in front of him wanting to get out of here as quick as possible but knowing that we would have to go back because Clara wasn't going to make it out I think is what Dylan said, but I am sticking with the Doctor.

"I've seen this before. I'm missing something." the Doctor says and I groan and rush back to him.

"Doctor." Clara whisper yells at him.

"It's the brand new head, rebooting." the Doctor says tapping his head with his hands and I know he is thinking of the S.S Madam de Pompadour, but can't think of it.

"Come on." Clara says desperately wanting to leave.

"I've seen this before." the Doctor says pointing at the half-face man.

"Oh, hurry up. Get out." Clara says as she returns and pushes the Doctor through the doorway and pushing me through it as well as the Half-Face Man raises his arm and touches his palm. The door comes down between the Doctor and I on one side and Clara on the other. The Doctor tries to sonic it open.

"Doctor. Quickly." Clara says form the other side of the door.

The door lifts a short way. The Half-Face Man is unplugging himself from his chair.

The Doctor drops his arm "Sorry, too slow. There's no point in them catching the three of us." the Doctor says.

"Well, give me the screwdriver." Clara says to the Doctor through the window of the door.

"I might need it." the Doctor says and closes the door fully and leaves her, dragging me along

"No. Doctor, Harmony?" Clara whisper yells as we leave and I just glare at the Doctor as he pushes me away from the door and further away from Clara.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"What the hell do you think you are doing, we can't leave her in there" I say to the Doctor pulling my arm away from him glaring at him.

"Well if you have another plan then go right ahead and tell me" the Doctor says and my nostrils flare at him and I just punch him in the chest a bit upset that he would leave Clara until I just sigh my anger gone and just rest my head on his chest.

"Sorry, you got me mad, had to do it, sorry" I mumble into his chest. "And for your asking of having a plan, yes I do. I am so going to regret this but do you still have that face?" I ask him and he seems to figure out what I am asking of him.

"Only if you stay here" he tells me and I just nod knowing he wouldn't let me have any fun.

"Fine, but I am going to stay right out the door so I can rush in at any needed moment." I tell him sternly with a look of 'don't question me'

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Where are the other ones?" I hear the half-face man ask on from in the room where the Doctor was in and I was on the side line

"I don't know. But I know where he will be. Where he will always be. If the Doctor is still the Doctor, he will have my back." Clara says and I assume that she was reaching behind her back but couldn't see clear enough. "I'm right, aren't I? Go on. Please, please, go on, say I'm right."

A hand grabs hers and pulls her back. Then the bald robot removes the skin from his face.

"Ah. Hello, hello, rubbish robots from the dawn of time. Thank you for all the gratuitous information. Five foot one and crying. You never stood a chance. Stop it." the Doctor says and pulls the flame-thrower arm down and puts his sonic screwdriver into the recharger in the chair. The lights go out.

"This is your power source. And feeble though it is, I can use it to blow this whole room if I see one thing that I don't like. And that includes karaoke and mime, so take no chances." the Doctor then tosses the face mask over to Clara and I slowly but surely go back into the room, not wanting to miss anything else, plus I was going to follow the Doctor into the place where he was going to go follow the half-face man. "See, Clara? That's how you disguise yourself as a droid."

"Yeah, well, I didn't have a lot of time. I'd been suddenly abandoned." Clara says rather bitterly at the Doctor.

"I wouldn't have let him abandon you, never ever would I let him abandon you, I would go kicking and screaming if he left you" I say winking at her but she just rolls her eyes at me.

"Yeah, sorry. Well no, actually, I'm not. You're brilliant on adrenaline. And you were out of your depth, sir. Never try and control a control freak." the Doctor tells her.

"I am not a control freak!" Clara says denying that she really was tossing the face on the floor.

"Yes, ma'am." the Doctor says.

"Oh." Clara says breathing heavily.

"Why are you here?" the half-face man asks.

"Why did you invite us? The message, in the paper. That was you, wasn't it?" the Doctor asks and the half-face man seems to not know what he was talking about and it clicked that he wasn't the one who sent the message. "Oh." the Doctor says and he takes back his screwdriver. "I hate being wrong in public. Everybody forget that happened." the Doctor says and I shake my head.

"Oh no, I am totally keeping this and going to hold it up as a way to get away with things, ooo black mail" I say winking at the Doctor and he gives me a scowl.

"Clara, say the word." the Doctor says wanting her to probably say 'Geronimo'

"What word?" Clara asks.

"They never sent you in here without a word." the Doctor tells her as we back away from the half-face man who was walking toward us.

"I don't want to say it." Clara says defiantly.

"I've guessed already." the Doctor says.

Clara touches her top button, which glows bright blue. "Geronimo." we all say and Vastra and Jenny in tight leather cat suits descend from the ceiling by means of long pieces of fabric wrapped around their waists, then pull large swords from the scabbard on their backs.

"Remain still, and lay down your weapons in the name of the British Empire." Vastra says holding out her sword.

"Argh." Strax yells as he seemed to not have fabric long enough and just fell to the floor with his honking great gun.

"Strax." Vastra scolds.

"Sorry." Strax apologizes.

"I've told you before. Take the stairs." Jenny tells Strax.

"Oh, look. The cavalry." the Doctor points out.

"I burned an ancient, beautiful creature for one inch of optic nerve. What do you think you can accomplish, little man?" the half-face man says going far too close to the Doctor and I than my liking especially with the flamethrower as his hand.

"What do you? Vastra?" the Doctor says and Vastra blocks the flame-thrower with her sword.

"The establishment upstairs has been disabled with maximum prejudice, and the authorities summoned. " Vastra tells him.

"Hang on, she called the police? We never do that. We should start." Clara points out and I chuckle at having the police help with our problems, if they were that simple to have the police deal with.

"You see? Destroy us if you will, they're still going to close your restaurant." the Doctor says and I look at him with a unbelievable look and he grimaces that it was a bad joke. "That was going to sound better."

"Then we will destroy you." the half-face man says and he gestures for the other robots to come and somehow they all now had swords for arms.

"Oh great just what we need, this isn't what we wanted, we can settle this another way" I say trying to convince them.

"No, you won't. You're logical. You have restraint. You killed to survive. You're not a murderer." the Doctor says as we back up away from the advancing robots.

"He's not a what? This is a slaughterhouse." Clara points out.

"And how does that make it different from any other restaurant? You weren't vegetarian the last time I checked. This is over. Killing us won't change that. What would be the point?" the Doctor says.

"To find the promised land." the half-face man says.

"And what is the promised land?" I ask but am not answered.

"You're millions of years old. It's time you knew, there isn't one." the Doctor says.

"I am in search of paradise." the half-face man tells us

"Yeah, well, me too. I'm not going to make it either." the Doctor says to him and the Half-Face Man knocks the Doctor down.

"Doctor!" Clara and I yell and I quickly rush to his side and get him up while everyone was distracted knowing where he wanted to go which was follow the half-face man.

"I will leave in the escape capsule. Destroy where necessary." the half-face man says walking to where the restaurant seats were.

"Escape capsule? This ship is millions of years old. It'll never fly." Vastra says.

"It has been repaired." the half-face man replies.

"What with?" Clara asks.

"You." the half-face man responds.

"Defensive positions, everyone." Strax says and they all get into positions.

"Doctor. Harmony. He's getting away." Clara yells to us as the Half-Face Man goes up on the bench seat while the rest of the robots encircle everyone but me and the Doctor sneak off closer to the half-face man who was sitting on the restaurant seat. The Doctor gave me a look of 'stay here' but I gave him one in return as a 'I am not leaving you'

"Your friend is intelligent. He'll know better than to follow me." I hear the half-face man as he goes up and the Doctor is holding on to a convenient brass handle on the underside of the seat and I was holding on as well though not doing it as weirdly as he was doing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 244 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...
232 5 28
Hope Nova Roman-Hernandez leads an ordinary life as a high school student until she discovers a mysterious blue police box in a cave at a young age...
19 5 6
When Rowan accepts a sketchy job working the night shift at a book shop, all she cares about is saving up enough money to travel. That changes when s...
8.1K 166 14
'The Great Star' a title passed down to Celestia Andromeda when she was just a young child, and since then all she has ever seen was darkness. While...