The Lion King: Kion's Betraya...

By anash2969

Alternate universe where the lion guard doesn't exist. Kion gets mistreated by his older brother as a cub and... More

Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1: Going to the outlands
Chapter 2: Punishment and Bonding
Chapter 4: Exploring And Confrontations
Chapter 5: Fighting
Chapter 6: Making Matters Worse
Chapter 7: Suspicions Arise
Chapter 8: Murder and Exile
Chapter 9: Growing Up
Chapter 10: Kiara's First Hunt
Chapter 11: Tragedy And Remorse
Chapter 12: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 13: The Final Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 3: The Birth Of A New Prince

3.2K 31 19
By anash2969

Author's note: Here's chapter 3, guys. Hope you all enjoy and let me know your thoughts on this story. Anyways, let's continue...

It is nighttime in the pride lands, all of the lions at pride rock were fast asleep. All except for one certain lioness. She gave her eldest cub a hard nudge, making him wake up, and gave out a slight yelp.

"Hush!" She hissed, smacking him upside the head. Nuka rubbed his head as he tries his best to soothe the pain from where his mother had hit him, "Sorry..." He mumbled. Zira and Nuka had gotten up on their paws before eyeing Kovu and Vitani. She has to meet her sister and some other lionesses in the grasslands to discuss their plans. Yet, she couldn't leave both Kovu and Vitani behind and she decided to leave Nuka with them since he's the oldest.

"Nuka, you stay here with your brother and sister 'till I get back," Zira whispered.

"Awwww, but why can't I go with you? Kovu and Vitani are fine being on their own." Nuka complained.

Zira growled with irritation before saying, "Because you're the oldest! You need to be more responsible for your brother and sister! They're still young cubs and you're just an adolescent!" She pointed out, "Now, I don't wanna hear any more complaints from you. Just keep your mouth shut and watch your siblings!"

"Yes, mother," Nuka said reluctantly before laying back down in front of Kovu and Vitani. he watched as Zira climbed down the stairs and leaving pride rock without waking anyone up. She sped towards the direction of the grasslands where her sister is waiting for her to show up. 3 minutes later, she had met up with some lionesses and her sister Baraka.

"Greetings, dear sister. I see you've made it just in time for our meeting." Baraka greeted.

Zira nodded, "Yes, indeed. I'll never miss it."

Baraka looked around and made sure everyone is here in their meeting place. She gave an evil smile before beginning her meeting, "Now that everyone's here. Let's discuss our plans on taking over the pride lands. My sister has a plan that'll be useful later on. Zira, you may have the floor."

Zira cleared her throat before speaking, "Thank you, Baraka. Now, as you may know, Simba and Nala are going to have another cub soon." Whispers and rumors are heard from the lionesses who were talking to each other. They haven't been informed by their leader or her sister about the cub and they don't know anything that's been going on in the pride lands.

"SHUT UP!!!" Zira yelled, making the lionesses stop talking and gain her attention.

"Now, as I was saying. Simba and Nala will be having a cub soon. Once that cub is old enough, we will get him or her to turn against Simba and those weak pridelanders so we could take over the pride lands with Kovu ruling as King!"

The lionesses nodded in confirmation, "Yes, sister. This plan will work. All we need is for you to get close to the cub without Simba knowing and bring him here so he could train to become a fierce and powerful killer!" Baraka declared, earning some roars from the lionesses and Zira. After the roars died down, Baraka and her lionesses along with Zira have gotten up.

"The plan with being set in motion a few months after the cub is born. Does anyone have any questions?" Baraka looked around at each lioness and her sister. Nobody didn't say a word as Baraka placed her paw down on a flat rock, "Meeting adjourned."

"Duma, Aziza, step forward. The rest of you go back to the outlands." Baraka commanded. The other lionesses nodded before running back towards the outlands while the other two walked up towards their Queen."

Duma and Aziza are sisters. They used to be rouges before Mufasa died and Since Baraka took them in, they had promised to be loyal and fateful towards her and her sister, Zira. Which they both accepted. Duma has dark grey fur with dark eyeshades, black outlander nose, emerald green eyes, white paws, underbelly, and muzzle, black tail tuft, and has scars on her left side. Aziza has light grey fur with a creamy underbelly, paws, and muzzle. She has a black outlander nose with medium to light eyeshades. She has a black tail tuft, a small hair tuft on her head, and has two notches in her right ear.

"Yes, my Queen?"

"I have a mission for both of you so listen up."

The two lionesses nodded, "You both have improved well on your sneaking skills. I'll need you both to spy on Simba and those pridelanders. Once you have enough information about what's happening at pride rock, you both sneak back here and let me know what up." She instructed.

"Yes, my Queen. We will do that for you." Aziza said, bowing her head with Duma.

"And one more thing. Nala will give birth in two more months and she won't be able to fight you both off. I'll need you two to attack her and knock her unconscious. Don't kill her, just knock her out enough to keep Simba from focusing on his duties as King."

Both lionesses smirked at that idea. They would rather see both the King and Queen of the pride lands suffer over the lands they 'took' from them. And Scar would be pleased and proud of his followers taking back the pride lands from Simba and his pride.

"Sister, what about the original plan I told you all?" Zira added.

"Ah, don't you worry my dear older sister. We will work on that plan after we complete our little ambush on the queen before the cub is born. When the cub gets old enough, we will get to it and have it to turn against Simba and his whole pride." Baraka reminded as Duma and Aziza nodded in agreement.

"Ok, sister. Make sure you be prepared for Simba's downfall."

"Of course, sister. We will be prepared."

Baraka jumped onto a medium-sized rock and faced all three lionesses with an evil smirk on her face.

"With my teeth and ambition are bared.

Be prepared!

Oh, imagine anyone dared.

Be prepared!'

Hahahahahahaha!!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 months have passed and Nala had reached the end of her pregnancy. Her stomach is twice as large and some of the lionesses are wondering if she has more than one cub inside of her. Like normal pregnancy symptoms, she experienced cravings, mood swings, nausea and vomiting, and cramps. She's now outside near the watering hole with her best friends, Tama and Kula.

Tama has lightly tanned fur with a creamy underbelly and muzzle. She has light green eyes with a light brown tail tuft. She has a medium hair tuft on her head and a pink pridelander nose.

Kula looks just like Nala but has brown fur with ruby red eyes. She has a creamy underbelly and muzzle. She has a dark brown tail tuft and has a pink pridelander nose.

They all had been best friends ever since they were cubs. They grew up together and even went through Scar's reign after Mufasa's death and Simba's 'death'. They along with Tojo, Malka, and Chumvi were mourning for Simba who been their closest friend while Mufasa was the King of the Pridelands back in the day. They had tons of adventures and even got in trouble together as well.

"How're you feeling today, Nala?" Asked Tama.

"I'm just feeling like I'm ready to pop," Nala answered, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Have you and Simba thought of names for the cub?" Kula asked.

"If it's a boy, we'll name him Kion. If it's a girl, we'll name her Kali." Nala replied.

"Those names are wonderful, Nala. I love it." Kula said.

"I agree with Kula. Those choices of names are wonderful." Tama added.

Nala smiles at both of her best friends, "Why thanks, Kula and Tama. I appreciate your opinions." She said.

Aziza and Duma were hiding in the tall grasses with another lioness, just where Nala, Kula, and Tama were. They are ready to attack at any moment.

"Are you all ready?' Aziza asked.

The three lionesses nodded at their leader.

"Ok, on a count of three. We will jump out and attack those pridelanders. I will be the only one to attack Nala since she's pregnant." Aziza unsheathes her claws and crouched down as the rest of the lionesses followed suit, "One, two, three, ATTACK!" The four lionesses jumped out of the hiding spot and begin to advance on Kula, Tama, and Nala. Kula and Tama jumped in front of their friend and growled at the rogue lionesses.

"What are you doing here, outsiders?" Kula growled.

"We just came to attack you that all! Ladies, you know what to do." Duma said, pouncing on Kula as the two begin to fight. A second lioness pounced on Tama and they begin fighting. Nala got on her paws, prepared to fight and protect herself and her unborn cub.

"Well, well, well, it's just me and you, Nala!" Aziza hissed before pouncing on the Queen.

Nala flipped Aziza over, pinning her down. Aziza roared in fury then clawed Nala in the face, making her release her. She then swiped the Queen in the face, making her fall to the ground. Nala got up weakly and she managed to claw Aziza in the face, giving her four claw marks by her cheek. Aziza sinks her teeth into Nala's neck, making her roar in pain. The Queen shook off the outsider lioness and swipes at her again, making her sail into a tree. Aziza got back up but Nala sinks her teeth into her neck, making Aziza roar in pain. Nala continued to sink her teeth further into the lioness's neck but Aziza wasn't giving up that easily, she threw Nala off of her and hits her in the head with her paw, making her fly into a nearby rock and knocking her unconscious. Duma managed to knock Kula unconscious while the other lioness knocked Tama unconscious.

"Well done, ladies." Aziza praised, "Those pridelanders never knew what hit 'em." Their ears perked up to a roar coming from the direction of pride rock. The three lionesses looked up and saw Simba heading their way, "Simba's coming! Quickly, back to the outlands!" Duma said as they all ran back in the direction of the outlands.

Simba and a few other lionesses came to the tall grasses. They saw Nala, Kula, and Tama were injured.

"Nala! Who was done this to my daughter?" Sarafina cried out.

"Tama and Kula are also injured too," Kira said.

Simba bent down and sniffed the scent of the outsiders, "Those outsiders must've been here and attacked them! It was an ambush!" Simba said, angrily. He turned towards Kira, Subira, and Asante.

"Kira, Subira, Asante. Take Nala, Tama, and Kula back to pride rock.

The lionesses nodded before taking the injured lionesses back to pride rock, Simba then turned towards another lioness, "Zarina, go get Rafiki."

"Yes, your majesty." Said Zarina before she sped to Rafiki's tree to get him.

Subira has a yellowish tanned fur with brown eyes, a brown nose, dark cream underbelly and muzzle, a black tail tuft, two small spots over her eyes, and has colorless paws.

Asante has grey fur with green eyes, a dark pink nose, a white underbelly, paws, and a muzzle, a light brown tail tuft, and has a diamond-like birthmark on her head.

Zarina has light brownish tannish fur with hazel eyes, a light brown nose, a dark cream underbelly and muzzle, a maroon tail tuft, and black ear rims.

Once they all got back to pride rock, Zarina has arrived with Rafiki on her back. The wise mandrill jumped off of her and begins examining the three lionesses. Simba and some of the pride stood over them, waiting anxiously for the news.

"Their wounds aren't severe and they'll wake up with a small headache. Luckily for them, they won't have a concussion or memory loss." Rafiki said as everyone sighed in relief, "They'll be just fine."

"But what about the cub?" Simba asked with worry.

"The cub is doing fine."

"Thanks the Kings." Said Sarafina. "We thought they'll end up getting killed by those outsiders."

"If they ever come back, they'll have to be punished by death!" Simba growled.

Rafiki then proceeds to clean off the blood from the lionesses and rubbing some medicine on their open wounds. After he was finished, Nala, Tama, and Kula had woken up from their fight.

"Oooohhhhh, my head." Nala groaned, rubbing her head with her paw. She looked around and saw she was back in pride rock with Tama and Kula.

"Are you alright, Nala?" Simba asked.

"Yes, I just have a small headache but I'll be fine." She said. She then sits up and placed a paw on her stomach, "Is the cub alright?" She asked.

"Yes, the cub is fine." Said Sarafina, nuzzling her daughter.

"Their wounds will heal in two weeks. So they can only go to the watering hole to get a drink. Tama and Kula will not be hunting until their wounds are healed." Rafiki added.

"We'll be careful, Rafiki." Said Tama, getting up on her paws.

"Yeah, and we're at least grateful those outsiders didn't break our legs, otherwise we would've been staying here," Kula said, getting up.

With that being said, Tama and Kula thanked Rafiki before walking towards the other side of the den to rest. Nala got up as well and thanked Rafiki before following Sarabi and Sarafina to spend time with her cubs. Simba looked up in the sky, thanking the Great Kings for protecting Nala and their cub. He and Rafiki hugged each other before saying goodbye. Rafiki exited the den and walked back to his tree. Mheetu walked over to Simba with a worried expression on his face.

"Is Nala going to be alright?" He asked.

"Yes, Mheetu. She's absolutely fine." Said Simba.

"Oh, thank the Kings. I thought I would've lost her." Mheetu replied.

"I thought so too. But, at least she and the cub will be alright and well." Simba reassured.

"Mheetu, I'll need you along with Tojo, Malka, and Chumvi to do a border patrol. We need to keep the pride safe from those sneaky outlanders."

"Yes, Simba." Mheetu said, "But, aren't you coming with us?"

"Nah, I'm just going to sit this one out for the day. I need to take a little break and I'll be back by tomorrow."

Mheetu nodded before running out of the den to find the other lions. Simba went to the den and saw Kopa and Kiara playing by their mother and grandmothers. He vowed to keep his pride and family safe and he wouldn't trade them for the world. Meanwhile, Aziza had snuck into pride rock and listened to Simba and Mheetu's conversation, she then sneaked back out and ran back towards the outlands where Baraka was waiting for her.

"Well? Do you have anything you like to tell me?" Asked Baraka.

"Simba won't be patrolling the pride lands with his guard, so he has a day off," Aziza informed.

"With the guards patrolling the borders, we cannot sneak into the pridelands to get something to eat," Baraka said. "We'll just have to go to bed hungry again tonight."

"Baraka! Baraka! I have news!" Duma said, running towards Aziza and Baraka.

"I'm all ears."

"We've just sneaked into the pridelands and caught two lone zebras without being noticed," Duma said.

"Looks like we're going to bed with full stomachs tonight after all." Said Aziza.

"Yes. And we only hunt when there's prey is separated from its herd. Now, let go and have ourselves some dinner to celebrate the ambushes on those pridelanders!"

Baraka, Aziza, and Duma headed towards the Zebra carcasses with their pride to begin feasting on their kills. When they eat, it'll make them, even more, stronger than before, and this will help them if they ever get into a war with the other prides in the future.

Two weeks have passed as Nala, Tama, and Kula had their wounds fully healed. The trio of lionesses were glad to be recovered from their encounter with the outsiders and they were outside near pride rock, talking to each other.

All of a sudden, Nala felt a sharp pain from below her stomach. She groaned loudly, gaining the attention of her friends who stared at her with concerned looks on their faces, "Are you alright, Nala?" Asked Tama.

"It's just a cramp," Nala reassures her friend before standing up on her paws. She then felt a huge wave of pain and both Tama and Kula held her up before she collapsed on the ground.

"The cub's coming!" Nala shouted, moaning in pain.

"Kula, help me take her to their nursery den," Tama told her as Kula nodded. They both helped Nala get back towards pride rock and the three lionesses made it towards the nursery den and set Nala down gently. Nala's groan had brought attention to the entire pride and even Sarabi and Sarafina heard it as well.

"Someone get Simba and Rafiki!" Kira yelled

"There's no need. I have brought him as soon as I heard the Queen's shouts from the distance."
Asante said, letting Rafiki off of her back.

Suddenly, Simba ran into the den with a panicked expression on his face, Where's Nala? Is she going to be alright?" He cried

"Simba, you're going to have to step out until the cub is born," Kira said.

"But I have to be there for her!" Simba thundered, "She's my mate and Queen and I demand I stay with her!"

Sarabi walked over towards her son, "Simba," she began, "Nala's a strong lioness. Rafiki knows what he's doing and you shouldn't have to worry. We will keep an eye on her and help her while you wait. When she's done, we'll come back and let you in."

Simba sighed and nodded, knowing his mother is right. It is custom for a soon-to-be father to wait outside of the cave until their mates had given birth to their cubs. Mohatu, Ahadi, and Mufasa had to go through the same way when their mates were giving birth. Even Scar did the same thing when he ruled the pridelands with Zira as his Queen. Simba looked back at his pride one last time before exiting the den and sat down to wait for his cub to be born. He cringed at the sound of Nala's moans and roars echoed the den. He wanted to be by his mate's side but he couldn't due to the tradition he has to follow. A while later, he was pacing back and forth, waiting for the news about his mate and cub.

"Geez, buddy. If you keep doing that then you'll end up having a hole on the floor." Timon said.

"Yeah, Simba. Just relax and the cub will be here soon." Pumbaa added.

Simba stopped pacing and faced his friends with a sad smile, "I'm sorry if I'm making you both nervous. I'm just worried about Nala and the cub. What if something goes wrong from birth? What if the cub's stillborn, what if-"

He was cut off as Timon shushed him, "Simba, you gotta relax. Nala will be alright and remember our motto: Hakuna Matata." Timon assured the King. Making him feel less tense about the birth. Meanwhile, Nala was almost done delivering the cub. She groaned in a lot of pain and sweat-stained her fur as she's working on getting the cub out. Sarafina licked her daughter's head for comfort.

"You can do this, Nala. You're almost done." Sarafina encourages her daughter who was still giving birth. Rafiki held out his hands to catch the cub, he sees the cub is almost out and all Nala had to do is to push the cub out one last time and she can rest.

"Ok, Nala. De cub is almost out. You have to give me one big push and you'll be all done."

"Ok. Here goes nothing." Nala said.

She gathered all of her remaining energy and pushed with all of her might. Then, the cub came out and Nala turned around and begin licking the cub clean. The cub mewled for the first time, taking its first breath.

"It's a boy! And the second prince of the pride lands." Rafiki declared, making everyone in the nursery den cheer. After Nala cleaned the cub off, she puts him inside of her paws and smiled tiredly at him. She and Simba had created a miracle from the stars above. The great kings have blessed them with a healthy, strong, prince.

The cub resembles like his grandfather, Mufasa. He has bright, golden fur with a small red hair tuft and tail tuft, he has small spots on the back of his hind legs. He has golden amber eyes, light brown ear rims, pink nose, and creamy paws, underbelly, and muzzle.

"You did great, Nala." Kula praised, looking down at the new cub.

"Congratulations, Nala," Tama added.

"He looks just like Mufasa," Sarabi said with tears in her eyes.

"He'll become successful in the future." Sarafina chides.

"Thank you all so much," Nala said.

"Do you want me to get Simba?" Asked Rafiki.

Nala nodded as Rafiki exited the den to fetch Simba. Rafiki sees Simba sitting near the edge of pride rock and has approached him with a smile on his face.

"Simba, you may enter."

Simba turned around and saw Rafiki smiling at him, "Both Nala and the cub are fine. You have a prince."

"I have another son?" Simba asked.

"Yes, you do. Now come on and see your cub." Rafiki said, gesturing Simba to follow him. The King smiled and followed Rafiki into the den. He sees the lionesses surrounding Nala. One of them noticed the king and said, "Everyone, make way for the King!" The lionesses stepped back and let Simba pass them. He bent down and muzzled Nala who returned the nuzzle.

"How're you feeling, dear?" Simba asked.

"I'm feeling fine. And also our cub's feeling fine as well." Nala said, looking down at the cub.

"He looks just like my father," Simba said, giving his new son a lick on the head. making the cub squeak in surprise.

"Yes, he does. Our little Kiongozi." Nala said.

"Or Kion for short. That name fits him well." Simba turned to Rafiki, "Rafiki, can we have the presentation tomorrow? I want Nala to rest after what she's been through."

"Yes, Simba. We will have the presentation tomorrow."

"Do you want me to find Kopa and Kiara and bring them here to see their new brother?" Asked Sarabi

"Yes, mother. That'll be just fine." Simba said, watching his mother leave the den to get his older cubs.

Meanwhile, Kopa and Kiara were playing together near the watering hole. They were running around until they saw their grandmother approaching them with a smile on her face.

"Hello, cubs." Sarabi greeted them with a smile.

"Hi, grandma Sarabi!" Kopa and Kiara greeted back.

"Your mother and Father have a big surprise for you two back at pride rock. Your new sibling has arrived."

"We're a big brother and sister now?" Asked Kiara.

Sarabi nodded, "Yes, my dear. Now come on, you both will love your new sibling."

Kopa and Kiara followed their grandmother towards pride rock where they're going to see their new baby brother. They finally are going to have someone to play with and to keep company when needed. They climbed up the steps and walked inside of the nursery den where both of their parents are waiting for them. Kopa and Kiara looked down at Kion who's laying down in his's mother's paws.

"Wow." They said.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Kiara asked.

"Kopa, Kiara, meet your new brother, Kion," Nala said

"Wow, a new brother!" Kopa exclaimed.

"I wanted a sister but having two brothers isn't that bad," Kiara admitted with a shy smile. "Hi, Kion. I'm your big sister, Kiara."

"And, I'm your big brother, Kopa." Kopa introduced himself to his little brother. "We will take good care of you and when I become King one day, you can be happy and support me as I will support you when you become great in the future."

"Same here when I become a lead huntress," Kiara said. "Kopa, Kiara, and Kion. Best friends forever." She wrapped her forearm around Kopa and he does the same. They both smiled down at their brother who looked up at them with curious looks. The pride awed at the cute sight and Simba and Nala are very happy to witness their children get along with each other. Their family is now complete. Little did they know a certain lioness is spying on them from within the caves.

"Hmm, interesting..."

The lioness sneaked out of the pride rock and ran back towards the outlands to give the news to the Queen. Baraka was in her lair, chewing on a bone from a stray zebra she found near the border of the pride lands. She managed to kill the zebra and bring it back to her pride where they have a decent meal to fill them up and keep them strong. A lioness who was spying on the royal family has approached Baraka.

"My Queen. I have some important news for you." Aziza said, sitting down in front of her Queen.

Baraka stopped chewing on the bone and looked up at the lioness, "This better be important, Aziza." She said, sitting up.

"Queen Nala gave birth to a prince." Aziza declared.

"A prince eh?"

Aziza nodded, "Yes, my Queen. A strong prince."

"That's great. Now, when the prince gets old enough, we'll need my sister and her cubs to get to him so he can turn against his family! And once he does that, we will take over the pridelands even if there's going to be a war one day!"

"Now, get back out there and do your training, I'll be there shortly."

"Yes, my Queen."

Aziza bowed before exiting Baraka's lair, leaving her into her thoughts about taking over the pride lands with her youngest nephew as King and having Simba's daughter as his Queen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning have arrived and the animals in the pride lands had woken up to the sound of a lion's roar from the distance. There was going to be a presentation of the new prince today. One by one, every animal big and small was walking towards pride rock. Simba and Nala were awake with their cubs and the pride as they awaited for Rafiki to come. Then, Zazu flew up ahead and sees all of the animals are at pride rock, he swooped down and landed in front of Simba, bowing down in respect of the King.

"All of the subjects are here for the presentation, sire," Zazu told Simba as the lion King nodded. Rafiki climbed up the stairs and made it to the top of the promontory where Simba is waiting for him. He gave the King a hug which he returned it and Nala walked out of the den with Kopa and Kiara behind her. She was carrying Kion by the scruff of his neck. Rafiki gave them smiles and petted both Kopa and Kiara on their heads, giving Nala a small hug before cracking open a passion fruit and smearing the juice on his head. He then picks up some sand and sprinkled it on his head, causing the small cub to let out a sneeze, making the King and Queen chuckle. Rafiki then takes Kion in his arms and walked towards the edge of pride rock and stopped as he lifted the prince in the air for everyone to see. All of the animals in the pride lands cheered on the new prince being presented to them. A light shone down from the sky from the great Kings of the past. Mufasa is looking down at his grandson's presentation and smiled proudly. The animals bowed down in respect of the new prince. Kopa and Kiara cheered for their brother and Simba and Nala looked down at their Kingdom. various of animals are below are congratulating them and bowing in respect for them. But little did they know, Kion would end up falling into a dark path in the future and it will affect the entire kingdom...

End of Chapter 3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 86 19
Two lions, two prides, two paths, one destiny. After tragedies unfold, two lions will face their own difficult paths which will determine whether the...
7.8K 153 12
(If you haven't red the first book 'The Snake Bite' go read it now or you will be confused on what is happening) The Guard is trying to find a way to...
70.2K 826 48
Kion is love with Fuli. Now he needs to tell the truth but then an attack happen, Fuli lost some of her memories and got lost in a place. Now the res...
69.1K 439 13
I thought of this and its very interesting, so interesting that i didnt put it in my other lion guard book Possibility, where i take a look at scenar...