The Lion King: Kion's Betraya...

By anash2969

Alternate universe where the lion guard doesn't exist. Kion gets mistreated by his older brother as a cub and... More

Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1: Going to the outlands
Chapter 3: The Birth Of A New Prince
Chapter 4: Exploring And Confrontations
Chapter 5: Fighting
Chapter 6: Making Matters Worse
Chapter 7: Suspicions Arise
Chapter 8: Murder and Exile
Chapter 9: Growing Up
Chapter 10: Kiara's First Hunt
Chapter 11: Tragedy And Remorse
Chapter 12: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 13: The Final Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 2: Punishment and Bonding

2.7K 31 19
By anash2969

Author's note: Hey, guys. I see you're enjoying my story so far. However, this is the second part of my story and I hope you all will like it.

Kopa had woken up with a slight headache. He groaned and opened his eyes and saw he was back at pride rock. Last thing he remembered when he and Kiara were in the outlands being teased by a strange cub. And this lioness came out of nowhere and confronted them, hitting him with her paw making the young prince fly into a tree, knocking him out. He got up slowly and saw his family staring at him with watchful eyes, "Kopa, are you alright?" Asked Nala.

"Yeah, mom. I'm ok. Just have a headache." Kopa responded, rubbing his head. Kiara walked over to her brother and nuzzled him, "Please don't scare me like that, Kopa." She said

"Don't worry, Kiara. I won't."

"That's good because you both disobeyed me about going to the outlands." Said Simba, making both of his cubs bow down their heads, "C'mon, Kopa and Kiara. We're going to have a talk about this."

Simba walked out of the den with Kopa and Kiara following behind him. Nala sighed and rubbed her expanding belly, the cub inside her was doing cartwheels and kicking inside of her womb. She knew this cub will be just like Simba was when he was a cub. Mischievous, Brave, and always getting into trouble.

"Y'know, Simba used to do the same thing when he was inside of me." A voice said. Nala turned and saw Sarabi walking towards her. The older lioness sat down in front of the younger lioness, smiling at her, "And I just know this cub will be just like him when it comes out." Nala felt her cub kicking her again and she said, "Yes, and Kopa and Kiara will have someone to play with, they'll protect their baby brother or sister from any danger."

Sarabi nodded before standing up on her paws, "I appreciate your offer for letting me take over the hunting party again. Simba's just worried about you hunting and he thinks it's bad for the cub."

"I know, but I was only a week pregnant by then. He was so overprotective and wanted me to have an escort to follow me wherever I go. Just the same as he does to Kopa and Kiara." Nala said.

Sarabi chuckled, 'Simba's is very paranoid and overprotective of his family. Maybe I'll have a little chat with him later when he gets back.' She thought.

"Hey, Sarabi. When are we going to get ready to hunt? It's already lunchtime." A lioness named Kira said, walking towards them.

Kira is a young lioness who's slightly younger than Simba and Nala. She has a bright yellowish tanned fur with a white underbelly, paws, and muzzle. She has aquamarine eyes with a light brown tail tuft and nose. She has a small hair tuft on her head and has a large spot on the top of both ears. She was an adolescent during Scar's reign and is now a young adult. A month when Nala was pregnant with Kopa and Kiara, she had gone on her first solo hunt and had successfully had caught an antelope. She shared her kill with the pride and Nala had approved her to join the hunting party with the other lionesses. To this day forth, Kira has been in the hunting party ever since she first had her solo hunt. She's been doing better than before and has been listening to Nala's instructions.

"We will go in a minute, Kira. In the meantime, meet up with the other huntresses and I'll be there shortly." Sarabi informed. Kira nodded before running back towards the entrance and met up with the other lionesses who are participating in the hunt.

"Nala, tell Simba I want to have a word with him when he gets back."

"Sure thing, Sarabi."

Sarabi then turned around and walked over towards the other lionesses who are waiting for her near the entrance of the den. Meanwhile, Simba, Kopa, and Kiara are the watering hole. Both cubs looked down at the ground, not giving their father eye contact. They realized they're going to be punished for their actions.

"Cubs, I'm very disappointed in you both." Said Simba, giving his cubs a firm look, "Not only you went into the outlands, but you also disobeyed me when I told you not to go there. You both could've been killed out there. Anything could be out there to hurt you."

"We know." Kopa and Kiara said, pinning their ears back.

Simba sighed before continuing, "Look, I'm just telling you this because I love you. And, I don't want anything happening to you two. You both are the part of the great-"

"Circle of life. We know about that, dad." Kopa interrupted with Kiara nodding in agreement. Their father had told them both about the Circle of Life and how it has to stay balanced.

"Good. Kopa, you're going to be King one day and I'll need you to carry on of ruling the pride."

"What if I don't wanna be King? Why can't Kiara be a Queen? It's no fun!" Kopa complained

"I don't wanna be Queen, Kopa." Said Kiara. "I'm gonna be a lead huntress when I grow up."

"It's just like your saying you don't want to be a lion. And that's in your blood. You both have a purpose in the future and I know you'll make your mother and I proud."

"Dad?"

"Yes, son?"

"Does a King get scared?"

"Yes, I was scared that I would've lost you and Kiara. Both of you mean so much to me. Ever since you both were born, I could feel that you two will help each other out one day. And succeed on the things you do for the pride."

"Oh."

Simba bent down and nuzzled both of his cubs who returned the nuzzle, purring happily.

"We love you, daddy," Kiara said, nuzzling her father's foreleg.

"I love both of you, Princess," Simba replied as he licked Kiara's head.

"Simba, Kopa, Kiara," Nala called, walking towards her family.

"Nala, what're you doing outside of the den? Shouldn't you be back inside of pride rock?" Simba asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I just came to hang out with my family. What's wrong with that, Simba?" Nala said.

"It's just that-. Oh, never mind."

"Can we tell them, Simba?" Asked Nala.

"Tell us what, mom?" Kopa said.

Simba and Nala looked at each other for a second before turning towards their two cubs with a smile, "Well, how would you like being a big brother and sister?"

"Huh?"

"Well, Your father and I are going to have a new cub soon."

"Really?" Kopa and Kiara yelled. Nala nodded in confirmation.

"Yay! We're going to have a little brother or sister!" Kiara yelled, jumping up and down in excitement.

"When our sibling's going to be here?" Kopa asked. Nala placed a paw on her belly and says, "In two more months, your brother or sister will be here. But right now, you both will have to be patient."

"Awwwwww. Ok, mom."

"But first, you both are going to have to be on punishment for your actions today." Simba said, giving his cubs a small glare, "You're grounded for five days. Which means you both cannot leave pride rock to go out and play."

"Aw, man!" Kopa pouted

"And, you'll have an escort go with you if you want to go somewhere in the pride lands until your punishment is over."

"Awwwww, but daddy." Kiara protested

"I'm going to have to agree with you father, Kiara." Nala chimed in. "What you and your brother did was very dangerous. And we will not tolerate our cubs going to the outlands or anywhere that's dangerous. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, mom." They said.

Zazu then flew towards the royal family, he perched on a nearby tree branch.

"Simba, I came to inform you that the lionesses are back with two gazelles since Nala is carrying a new cub." Said Zazu.

The royal family got up and followed Zazu back to pride rock with the whole pride is waiting for them to eat. As soon as they arrived, every lioness stepped aside and allowed Simba to take the first bite. Then, the whole pride begins eating the gazelles in peace. After everyone had eaten and stored the leftovers in the back den, they all lay down to rest or just carry on about their day. The only lioness that hasn't participated in the hunt is Zira. Zira was in Scar's old den with her children and they're now are eating a zebra which she caught. Zira isolated herself from the pride because she was still angry at Simba for taking over Scar's lands and supposedly killing him. The hyenas were the ones who killed Scar, not Simba. But Zira didn't realize it and she still blamed Simba for Scar's death. After they've eaten the Zebra, they threw away the bones and just settled down in the cave. Vitani and Kovu wrestled with each other while Nuka was taking a nap. Zira just stood outside of the cave, glaring at everything below her.

"One day, Simba. You will pay for Scar's death! Even if I have to form an alliance with Baraka and her pride..." She then turned to her two cubs who were tussling and roughhousing with each other. "Kovu, Vitani!"

They stopped to their mother's stern voice, "Yes, mother?"

"You two can go out and play. I have to do some thinking."

"Yes, mother."

Both Kovu and Vitani were heading towards the main den where everyone else was there. Zira then walked over to her eldest cub and stepped on his tail on purpose, making him jolt away and yelp in pain, "Mother! What was that for?" Nuka said.

"Nuka, I'm gonna need you to go to the outlands and give your aunt Baraka a message for me." Said Zira, "I want you to tell her we shall meet by the grasslands when everyone is sleeping. We have important things to discuss overthrowing Simba."

Nuka nodded before running down the steps and going straight in the direction of the outlands without being seen. Zira smirked at her eldest son, 'Maybe he's useful after all. He may not be a future King but he can be Kovu's second in command.' Zira thought as she walked towards the back of the cave and lay down.

In the outlands, a pride of lions was training to fight and kill. The outlands is a barren place where there's hardly any food or water for any lion to survive. The pride had 30 lionesses, 3 Lions, and 6 Cubs. While Simba's pride had 40 lionesses, 5 lions, and 7 cubs. There standing on a large termite mound watching over her pride is Baraka. She's the queen of the outlands and is a skilled hunter and fighter. She's been into many fights before and had killed many victims that get in her way. She was banished by Simba for attacking a lioness in her pride. She has many followers who worship Scar. Zira and her little family didn't get banished due to her being pregnant with Kovu and Vitani by then. Some of Baraka's followers were still living in pride rock and she hoped they'll join her if they ever get banished by Simba. She looked down and saw her eldest nephew running towards her.

"Aunt Baraka. Aunt Baraka. My mother has a message for you." Nuka said, climbing onto the termite mound."

"Ah, Nuka. What a clever surprise to see you." Said Baraka. "What does my sister want?"

"She wants you to meet her by the grasslands when everyone in the pride lands is sleeping. That way you wouldn't get caught sneaking in the pride lands." Nuka informed her.

"Excellent. I'll be there.." She chuckled evilly before replying, "Nuka, tell your mother I will be there and I'll even bring some reinforcements just in case anyone eavesdrop on our plans. We don't want anyone to know what we are up to now don't we?"

"N-No aunt Baraka." Nuka stammered.

"Good, now get back to the pride lands. We don't want Simba to find out what you're doing."

Nuka nodded before climbing down the termite mound and running out of the outlands. Baraka smirked evilly, watching her nephew run back into the pride lands.

"Mother?"

She turned around and saw her son climbing up onto the termite mound. Once he had made it up onto the mound, he sat beside his mother, looking down at the pride.

"Yes, my son?"

"Why did Simba banish us, to begin with? I mean, we didn't do anything to them." The cub said.

"Simba killed Scar and he banished us for being loyal towards him." Baraka explained to her son, "And, one day, the pride lands will suffer under our paws, Kita."

Kita is Baraka's only son and is Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu's first cousin. He has light brown fur with dark eyeshades, brown tail tuft, red eyes, white underbelly, muzzle, and paws. He has a small hair tuft, black outlander nose, and has a small notch in his ear from the sparring battles he had since he was three months old. He's now six months old and is slightly older than Kovu, Vitani, Kopa, Kiara, and the other cubs in the pride lands. All of the cubs in the outlands were born during or after Scar's reign while the cubs in the pride lands were born just 3 months after Simba reclaimed the throne and became King.

Meanwhile, Nuka had arrived back into the pride lands to inform the news about his aunt had sent. He bounded up the stairs and went inside Scar's old den to talk to his mother. Zira has woken up from her nap and saw her eldest son walking towards her, "Oh, you're back already. What did my sister say?" Zira asked

"She will meet you there in the grasslands and she'll bring some of her lionesses with her just in case someone is trying to eavesdrop on your plans," Nuka told her.

"Excellent, we'll put our plan in motion tonight while those pathetic and weak pridelanders are asleep. That way, we could figure out how to get the pride lands back to us."

"Mother! Mother!" Kovu called, running towards her with Vitani behind him.

"What is it, my little prince?" Said Zira.

"Simba and Nala are going to have another cub," Kovu said.

"Oh really?'

"Yeah, but we don't know if it's going to be a boy or a girl," Vitani stated

"When the cub gets old enough, we will have it to turn against Simba and his family. And, he or she along with Kovu will rule the pride lands together!" Zira declared, cackling evilly.

Kovu and Vitani are friends with Kopa and Kiara. They don't want to get involved with their mother's plans because they would rather stay on the good side and not the bad. But Zira forces them to join her unless they'll suffer some dire consequences they'll receive from their mother which they don't want. Deep down, they hoped Zira wouldn't do anything she'll later regret in the future which involves Simba, Nala, Kopa, Kiara, and the whole pride.

End of Chapter 2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.7K 2.4K 69
Kion was just Five Weeks old when Zira and some followers of her's attack Pride Rock while Simba was out with Kiara; having to escape from the comin...
12.1K 314 20
Kiongozi, prince of the Pridelands, 3rd cub to Nala and Simba, Leader of the Lion Guard, and defender of the kingdom, was always neglected by his fat...
69.3K 451 13
I thought of this and its very interesting, so interesting that i didnt put it in my other lion guard book Possibility, where i take a look at scenar...
10.5K 176 30
It has been three months after Kiara and Kovu's adventure. Everything is now back to normal. For the past months Kovu had been tagging along with Sim...