𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗥𝗼𝘀�...

By Polnareffturtle

Malnourishment, abuse, and darkness were the only things this girl knew. She had no name, no place, no freedo... More

The Merciless Savior
At last...Solace
My Dear Diana
Moonlight Vendetta
The Encounter with the Three Half Naked Men and Ajna
The Perverted Nazi
Vietnam Flashbacks
All In One Day
Goodbye You Disgrace
A Final Gift
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Rape And Rainbows
Stardude Crusaders
Poljna
Choose Before You Can't
Blood on the Wrong Hands
He Knows
Get This Right
The Merciless god

A Man With A Friend

677 37 31
By Polnareffturtle

It was four a.m. when Diana, Adelio, and Ajna arrived at the Roman Colosseum. The night sky had been darker earlier with its many flickering bright stars shining in the deep night sky. Adelio had a smile on his face the entire trip as Diana carried him on her shoulders. The open and fresh air put him at ease as they traveled. 

Eventually, they reached the colosseum and found the empty cocoons of the deceased trio of pillar men. Diana ached inside, but something about the place gave her a feeling of comfort. She caressed her fingers gently over the stone gap where Wamuu had slept for two millenniums. 

"It feels like...I can sense you're watching over us, thank you love." Diana mumbled to herself as she rested her forehead against the stone on the side of the empty space in the rock wall. Little Adelio jumped down from Ajna's arms and ran to Diana. 

"Mama! Is that papa's spot in the stone?" He asked, stoked to be there and see history engraved in stone. Diana picked him up and held him on her hip, her white fangs showing because of her smile. 

"Yup! Pretty cool, huh?" Adelio giggled and felt the spot with his small hands spread out wide. Meanwhile, Ajna was staring at Kars' spot in the stone with blank red eyes. She started mumbling words to herself. Diana looked over at her with a concerned expression.

"You saved me...you conquered the earth and you could have kept it, but you wasted it on me..." she mumbled to herself. Anger was filling her chest and her eyes had a devilish stare. They were tearing up with clear tears and it took everything she had to keep them in.

Diana slowly approached her with her hand slowly rising. She had set Adelio down just in case something happened. She was sure nothin would happen, but Ajna was half of a perfect life form. She could absolutely accidentally cause something. 

"Ajna, are you ok-," 

"You wasted it on me! I was supposed to mean nothing to you! My job was to do simple tasks during the day in the sun! You were never supposed to love me! Your entire life, 102,000 years, wasted on a pathetic weakling who could never make you proud! You really were dumb! You damn bastard!" Ajna was trying to contain her anger, but her swift arm movements weren't enough. Tears were spilling from her eyes and she cried out her heart. She ran to wall and punched it with a swift powerful punch.

By this time Diana had stepped back and had Adelio was curled up in her arms. Diana couldn't believe it, Ajna was losing it! Her temper had finally exploded, the one she had never seen before had burst! A piece of stone from the ceiling rumbled and began to break off! The sun was going to get her, it had just risen from the horizon and it would be the end of her! No matter what, she had to protect her treasure. She held Adelio close and crouched down into a turtle position using her back to cover him from the light.

"D-Diana!" Ajna screamed and jumped in front of the light. Her arms had subconsciously turned into wings and she knocked the chunk of rock away from crushing them. Gravity wouldn't allow her to do anymore then that. She tumbled to the ground on the left on Diana landing on the loose slab that had fallen from the ceiling.

Diana bit her lip as she felt the sun hit her back. Ajna was in shock as she saw it happen. Diana...she was alive. Her body hadn't turned to dust before the sun's golden ray.

Diana's breathing was hard and she sat up. Her wrist...it had a purple and black pristine layer of something surrounding it. She couldn't feel it, but it was there. Staring down into her son's unafraid violet eyes, she saw the same layer covering his face. 

She started to giggle. The warmth of the sun was heating up her back and it felt amazing. She didn't understand what was happening, but it was amazing. Adelio was in complete awe at the sun. He got a faint glimpse at the round bright circle in the sky but he was pulled back into the shade for safety. They would rather be safe than sorry.

"Ajna did you see that!?" Diana was jumping up and down like an excited teenager. It was in unlike her to act that way, but Ajna participated in it too. 

"Yeah! Yeah I did!"

"Look!" Diana let Ajna see her wrist and the slimy looking color that was on it.

"Uhm, what am I supposed to be looking at?" Diana was confused at the response. She could see it couldn't she? It was right in front of her! This really wasn't a time for games.

"You can't see it? The colorful layer of something that's on my wrist?"

"...no."

Am I going crazy? N-no...it't right in front of me! I can see it with my own two eyes. I'll ask Adelio. Diana thought to herself still in doubt at what she was seeing.

After getting the same response from Adelio, Diana gave up. Maybe she really was going crazy. The color soon faded and everything was back to normal. She forgot all about it when she suddenly felt a strong attraction to something. She couldn't tell what it was, but she felt it leading in a certain direction...It was like a hand was grabbing hers and dragging her somewhere. She didn't know where, but she had to follow it. She couldn't resist.

She told Ajna about the feeling and that they were going to follow her no matter what. Ajna was starting to worry for her friend. Was she going mad perhaps? Ajna didn't argue and picked up little Adelio. The trio set off and trusted Diana's instincts.

———————————————————————————————————

It had been three, no four days since Diana had led her son and Ajna towards her invisible attraction. Their travels had taken them to Egypt. Egypt was a dangerous place to be considering the unforgiving sun.

It was almost morning and Diana had planned to buy a room at a hotel, but unfortunately, she didn't have any American money. A panic arose between Ajna and the blond vampire. The sun would come up and they'd have to find shelter fast. Diana's instincts completely made her forget about what had happened in the colosseum four days ago.

They were in the sandy streets, panicking, with no shelter available to them. Nowhere was open at the time, meaning no one would be welcoming at that time. There was a man however, well, a teenager. A sixteen year old American Italian was the only other person wandering the streets. 

He had short white hair that was shaved interestingly but looked cool, his eyes were a deep chocolatey brown, his skin was a lighter brown, and he looked rather attractive for a sixteen year old. 

He noticed the panicking trio and approached them hoping to help. He was a good-hearted fellow who was on a steady road to God. Little did he know that his steady road would soon become a devious one. 

"Can...I help you?" The man asked. Diana didn't take any time at all to respond. 

"Oh, yes please! We need shelter and fast. You see...uhm, my son and I are allergic to the sun, we need shelter." Diana held Adelio close to her leg and he cuddled against it, suspicious of the strange man.

They sound like my friend, the sun... he thought to himself. No matter, he needed to provide them shelter. It was the right thing to do.

"My name is Enrico Pucci, it's nice to meet you." Pucci shook Diana's hand.

"You'll stay at my place as long as you please, follow me." Pucci led them to a beautiful house. It was small compared to the castle back in Windknight's Lot, but for the houses they had seen in Egypt, it was a bigger house. 

Pucci spotted the sun faintly creeping up over the horizon and shooed Diana and Adelio inside. Ajna came after them and stood to the side with manners. Pucci told them to sit down and wait for a moment. 

Five minutes went by and Pucci invited them upstairs. Wasn't he a little young to have a house of his own? Never mind that, he saved them from their enemy. They had no right to ask questions such as that. 

They went upstairs and took a look around. There was a fine looking table with little ships on it and two chairs by it. He was all alone right? Why would he need two chairs? Suddenly, Ajna and Diana spotted a dark figure in the corner whose face was covered by the shade. The figure stood up and stepped slowly into the unnatural light. 

He was shirtless and very muscular at that, he was wearing orange pants with two green straps hanging from both sides of his waist, his golden hair was spiky and ruffled but lacked much volume, his eyes were amber and golden tinted, and his ear...his left ear had three moles on it, the sign of the devil. 

N-no way, it couldn't be! How was he still alive? Diana was in complete and utter awe. Happiness was flooding through her body so fast she didn't know how to react. Tears were forming at her eyes and little Adelio hid behind her legs. Ajna stood by Pucci on the side, wondering why she was tearing up.

"P-papa?"

"...Diana?" His voice was familiar, it was him without a doubt. 

"Papa!" She tackled him to the ground in a deep hug with tears falling from her eyes. She wouldn't let go no matter what and it took no time at all for Dio to return the hug. He wouldn't tear up, but, if he didn't have a tough reputation to uphold he would have. 

"I missed you!" She sobbed into his chest drenching his flawless pale skin in tears. He held her tightly and sat up cuddling her in his arms like he had so long ago. He ran his hand through her silky blond hair and rocked her back and forth just like he had when she was little.

Pucci and Ajna were staring back from the scene to each other, shocked. Neither of them ever acted that way, it was rather odd. Adelio was just confused and thought that Dio was brutally murdering his mother and sucking her blood.

"No!" Adelio ran to Dio and punched him in the arm. Nothing happened, it wasn't effective. Instead, Dio looked at the child and stood up with Diana still in his arms. Both of them wouldn't let go of each other.

"Diana, who the fuc-," Diana quickly covered his mouth with her hand. He was surprised, nobody ever had the guts to stand up to him like that even if it was a small movement such as that. 

"Don't swear in front of children!" Dio removed her hand and chuckled slightly. She was responsible just as she should be. It was a good thing that she could keep know when to keep her mouth shut and when to say something. However, Dio was rather curious of the child that was following her around. Some orphan perhaps?

"Papa, meet Adelio, my son." Dio was at a loss for words. He wasn't even thinking, he was in utter shock. Pucci laughed a bit and spoke up.

"Looks like you're a grandfather." He chuckled. Ajna began chuckling as well.

"Your son?"

"Yes, I met a man I loved and we had a son. It's been many years and I've been all alone, what were you expecting?"

"Where is he? This man is going to face the wrath of DIO for seducing my daughter!" 

"He's...papa he died. He proposed to me and the same day, he was killed by Jospeh Joestar."

"Joseph Joestar...that means...I suspected as much."

DIO stared her dead on in the eyes with sorry eyes, but his pride kept him from saying it. He looked down at Adelio was had his chest puffed out as if he were a mighty warrior who was about to fight him.

Diana crouched down to his level. "Little one, this is your grandfather, DIO." DIO had a smirk on his face caused by the little one's bravery. Adelio slowly approached him, cautiously. DIO was too fast for him however. Without a second more, DIO swiftly snatched him from the ground, spun him around, and held him. Adelio giggled with excitement, goal accomplished. 

DIO explained what had happened on the boat and why he was unable to return to land because he had stolen Jonathan Joestar's body and was stuck at the bottom of the ocean for many years, unable to escape. Diana explained how she got a new arm minus the fact that she seduced the colonel, how she met the pillar men, how she fell in love with the only man for her, how he was so brave and honorable, how everything was taken from her once more, how she found out she was pregnant, how Adelio was born, his childhood, and it struck her finally! She also told him about the muculent yet pristine layer that covered her and her son from the devil sun.

"Hm, Pucci, show her your Whitesnake," DIO commanded. Pucci immediately revealed a ghost to her! She stepped back, frightened by the sudden appearance but kept her cool. Adelio and Ajna didn't seem bothered however, could they not see it? How could that not send a chill down your spine? 

This "Whitesnake" ghost had a black like crown that covered half of his face and rose up like a normal crown. Black cloth wrapped from his shoulders had a thin line of cloth that wrapped around his waist as well. He had black gauntlet like bracelets and straight white strips ran across him with the signs "GΔCT" running across them.

"This, daughter, is a stand. A stand is the embodiment of your fighting spirit, each with its own ability and name. Whitesnake, it has the ability to extract memories and stands from organisms and put them on discs. He can insert them into unoriginal owners and cause them to have either the memories, stand, or both of the previous user. This is it's ability."

After DIO explained to Diana what a stand was, he helped her create the anti-sun layer around her body again. He was clearly proud of her for being able to use her stand correctly. She was happy to be with him again. She could finally be held by him, and loved by him, and make up for all of the time they had lost.

It was late in the day and the trio of weary travelers needed rest. Pucci showed them to a guest room and left with Ajna to go run a few errands in town. Ajna wanted to get a better feel for Egypt The room was big and dark, just hoe they liked it. One bed was vertical against the wall on the right and one on the left and one more facing horizontally against the middle front of the room. The floor was made out of stone and the walls were made out of sand looking bricks. The room was lit by two candles that were on the opposite side from each other. 

Adelio's eyes were growing heavy, he could barely keep them open and he was groggily walking to the bed on the right of the room. He jumped in the comfy bed and Diana tucked him in. A kiss on his forehead, a lullaby from Diana's childhood, a soft and sweet goodnight, and he was asleep with a smile on his soft face.

Oh, that sweet lullaby he had sung to her so long ago. The lyrics flooded back to DIO as he remembered when he had sung it to her for the first time and when his mother and sung it to him for the first time. It was a lullaby that made hearts ache, a lullaby that made hearts sing and burst with warmth at it's words.

He walked in the room as Diana stood up. He made a smile appear on her face just for being there, that warmed his heart. He walked over to her in the middle of the warm lighted room. DIO pulled Diana into a tight hug: Diana rested her head against his neck on his shoulder and embraced the moment.

"I'm sorry, little one. I wish I could have been there for you. I wish I could have been there when you met these "pillar men", I wish I could have been there when you fell in love. He would have had to go through your papa first." DIO and Diana both laughed, knowing that if he had been there, that would have been the case. "I wish I could have been there for you through your pregnancy and when my mighty grandson was born. Diana, I'm so sorry." It was the first time he had ever apologized in a meaningful manner. It was way out of his personality to say something like that, but, he did and it meant a lot.

"Papa we're here now."

"Time has still been lost, it's something we can't recover."

DIO walked a Diana over to bed and she crawled in. It seemed rather childish to be tucked in at age one hundred, but she missed being tucked in by her father. He tucked her in and sat down on her bed. 

"It's time for sleep my little one,"DIO began the lullaby. His voice was charming and soothing for someone like him. It was nostalgic, but a good nostalgic.

"Fly away in dreams

And I will be there to watch over you

I'll hold you and sing

You a lullaby tune-," Diana was already fast asleep by this point. DIO smirked. It was just like when she was his little girl. She would always fall asleep at that particular point. He stood up and looked at her. "I love you, little one," and with that, he walked out of the room and shut it, concealing them into a quiet candle lit room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 19.3K 71
You decided to go on a 50 day journey with your best friend in order to save his mother from a curse placed on his family's bloodline. You had no ide...
29.8K 1.3K 33
DARK THEMES BE AWARE! • Born in italy Y/n had a difficult childhood growing up Raised by an alcoholic mother and has an absent Father; Y/n tries to l...
3.8K 253 26
NOTE: This is a fem reader story Book I: Young Y/N and her mother are two Irish immigrants who travel to England, where her mother will be working a...
8.2K 380 18
(Name) (Last Name), a girl who was rambunctious and wild. "The life of the party," some would say. A prankster, a joker, always down for a laugh of p...