River's Edge

By GemWrittenStories11

Two of Riverdale's elitists. When the Sun twins, along with the rest of the town, find out that their best f... More

Who plays who
Chapter 1- Welcome to Riverdale
Chapter 2- The Town of Pep
Chapter 3- Players and the Playbook
Olympus Mansion
Chapter 4- Movies, Memorials, and Midnight Fun
Chapter 5- Music, Flowers, and Something a Little Wicked
Chapter 6- Imperfection

Chapter 7- The Capulet's and The Montegue's

421 24 6
By GemWrittenStories11

Jughead's Narrative~

The Cooper's. The Stepford's of Riverdale.

High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty.

Until Jason Blossom happens.

And now, we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance... Polly Cooper.

How a casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How, for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tear them apart.

How their break-up was short-lived, because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby.

How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring, and made plans to run away together to start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

Third Person POV~

The Scooby Gang, and then Sun Blossom trio all sat in the common room of Riverdale high, discussing the town's latest gossip. Polly Cooper.

"Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby." Betty starts, but Kevin butts in. "Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters. No offense Cheryl." he adds at the end seeing the glare he got not only from the Blossom girl but the Sun twins as well.

"None taken." the red-head replied with a bitter undertone.

"So you mom and dad want Polly but not the baby, and the Blossom's want the baby and not Polly. That's a true Gordian knot." Jughead sums up the situation. "It's an impossible situation." Betty concluded, but her raven-haired best friend spoke up.

"Betty, come on. An impossible situation is being invited to the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night. Which happened to me one year, I know." Veronica says the last part as Kevin places his hand on her shoulder.

"Or deciding whether to attend the ball celebrating the birthday of the Prince of Greece or going to the ball to celebrate some award, Queen Elizabeth II was being given." Apollo states making Kevin, Veronica, and Cheryl all look at the twins in shock.

"I don't see why Cherbear is shocked, she knew, our grandmother is a very high ranked Dutchess in the UK. It's why we're rich." Artemis tells them with a small shrug.

"Put a pin in that, I'll ask questions later-" Veronica tells them whilst pointing at the God twins before turning back to Betty. "This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I've been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple units conception. What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?"

"Count me in." Cheryl states with a smile and the blonde duo next to her nod their heads, indicating that they're in too.

"You want Polly to feel loved and supported, right?" The Lodge asks. "Yeah, but ideally by her own parents." Betty responds.

"Okay, so, baby steps, girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room in a public setting where they can't fight, and, voila, let the healing begin." Veronica tells her with a smile at the end.

"Am I, expected to come to this thing?" Jughead asks. "Of course. You're Betty's boyfriend so-" Veronica answers with a shrug as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"Oh my god. You guys, relax. It's just a word that starts with the letter B. Betty, what do you say?" just as Betty was about to answer, Alice Cooper enters the room.

"Elizabeth Cooper." "Mom?"

"I need you. And you. Right now." Mamma Cooper states as she points at her daughter and her raven-haired best friend.

As they left, Artemis stood to make a phone call.

"Who you calling Goddess?" Cheryl asked with interest. "My lawyer to see if my permits are done." she answers and walks out.

"Doesn't it take like, forever to get permits for things?" Kevin asks and the blonde boy shakes his head. "Not when you have our last name, Kev."

🔆

Artemis walked into Fred's work trailer just as a construction man was walking out.

"Artemis. Hi. Um, Archie and Veronica aren't here right now." Fred tells her with a sigh.

"Well then it's a good thing I came to speak to you then isn't it." the Sun child answered.

"Me? About what?" Fred asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I couldn't help but overhear the conversation you had with your worker. And, what I have to offer is much more than what Clifford Blossom can." Artemis starts and she hands Mr. Andrews a folder with a contract, blueprints, 3D designs, and a look at the cost and payment.

"I was intrigued by your pitch for the Sodale project, and by the looks of things, it's not going so well. I recently acquired a building, that's my plans for it. I'm willing to give Andrews Construction the contract, but there's a catch."

"What's the catch?" Hermione asks, still waiting to be handed the folder by Fred.

"I want it done in two months. Three tops. That means working ten to fifteen hours, seven days a week. And I want to start construction by Monday." The blonde tells them, making them both look up in shock.

"I understand that whoever bought this land wants to start now also, but it seems like everyone with power, doesn't want them to break ground here. Look the file over, the highlighted number is the amount of money everyone here, included the two of you, would make but the time it's done. I'll give you until Friday to take the contract, after that, there are plenty of other companies who want it." with that, the blonde leaves the two to look over the file.

🔆

"So, your sister is doing what, with the building you bought her?" Clarissa asked her son as they were shopping for baby shower gifts during her week off.

"I'm not sure. She won't tell me. But she says it's going to be big, and bring in a lot of money not only for her but the whole town. She has said she was thinking about a night club." Apollo answered from his spot as he watched his mother shop. He had no clue why he was dragged here. He doesn't know anything about babies. Or shopping. He usually just lets Artemis shop for him.

"Well, with her brain, I'm sure she's right. I even asked the lawyer, she won't say either but she says it's going to be amazing... What do you think of this?" his mother asks as she holds up a nice looking car seat.

She watches her son nod cluelessly which makes her laugh. "Here son. I'll shop, you hold." she tells him with a laugh and hands him the car seat. "Thank you mom." he says, happy that he doesn't have to act like he knows what she's shopping for.

🔆

"And I'm being dragged along here because?" Artemis asks as she walks alongside her brother, Archie, Moose, Kevin, and Kevin's serpent boyfriend.

"Because the serpents like you." Apollo answered with a shrug. "Fine. You're lucky I was already coming here this week." the blonde girl responded.

"Just play it cool. Just like we said. Keep eye contact to a minimum." Joaquin told them. "And Moose, if you see the guys that jumped you, we leave, and we call Kevin's dad." Archie tells them.

"Are we going to keep standing here?" Artemis asks as she walks in the bar ahead of all the boys, heading straight to the bar.

"Well if it isn't my favorite bartender." The Sun child says with a smile. "Well if it isn't my favorite northsider. What's got you here? Missed me too much?" Toni asks as she hands Artemis a soda.

"Of course."

After a moment of Toni looking at the redhead with a bulldog jacket, she raises an eyebrow. "My brother and his friends were working in that SoDale site. One got jumped. The redhead seems to be riding his high horse too high, thinks it was some of you guys. I was dragged along because you guys happen to like me." Artemis explains and Toni nods.

"Speaking of, the new shipment came in. You want your usual?" Toni asks as she pulls the blonde to the basement. "No, give it a little upgrade, my father is coming back soon."

Toni just nods and hands her eight ounces of weed, the blonde in return, hands her the amount of money that she had agreed upon.

Just as the Sun child put her purchase in her bag, they heard fighting upstairs. "Sounds like my friends got into some trouble." she mumbled as they went back up only to see her friends being thrown out of the bar. "I guess that's my cue. See you later TT." Artemis states and she hugs her friend before walking out of the bar.

"Lo! Let's go. We don't want to be late for the baby shower." Artemis called and she forced her brother into her car before driving away to get their mom.

🔆

Sun Family's outfits ^

The Sun family, excluding Fabian Sun, arrived at the baby shower a few minutes after the Blossom's did.

"Hi, Mrs. Lodge." the twins said with smiles. "Apollo, Artemis, it's good to see you. Clarissa, it's been too long." Hermione said, and the twins could sense a bit of tension between the two. "Hermione... You have a lovely home." the Sun woman replied with a smile.

When Veronica noticed the Sun family, Betty, who was next to her, saw her immediately brighten up as she walked over.

"Apollo! Artemis! You guys made it!" Veronica says happily as she hugs the two. "Wouldnt miss it for the world, Ronnie." Artemis replies and kisses the raven-haired girl's cheek, smirking as she watched a small blush appear.

Artemis looked over at her mother when she cleared her throat.

"Oh! Uh, Ronnie, this is our mother, Clarissa. Mom, this is Veronica, Hermione's daughter." Artemis tells her mother, who smiles. "Well it's lovely to finely put a face to the name. Artemis talks about you a lot." Clarissa says as she makes Veronica's hand.

"Mom!" Artemis almost yells as they watch her turn red, causing them to laugh. "I'm gonna go by Cheryl now." Artemis mumbles as she walks away, her face still red.

🔆

"Alice." Clarissa says as she makes rounds, speaking to everyone, though she would've avoided Alice if she could.

"What are you doing here Clarissa?" Alice asks in an accusing tone. "The Blossom's are family friends, the baby is Jason's, and my kids are friends with yours, much to your disappointment. Of course, we came to the baby shower. Though, I'm surprised you're here given your daughter is pregnant in her teen years. I'm sure you and Hal hate that fact with your past and all." Clarissa responded curtly.

"If you tell my kids or yours anything I swear, I'll-"

"You'll what, Alice? What exactly are you going to do? Don't worry. I'll keep the secret you so desperately want to keep hidden." with that, the Sun woman walked away.

🔆

Artemis and Apollo we're standing between Veronica and Cheryl as the teenagers in the room watched Nana Rose hold an Amethyst necklace over Polly's hand.

"This necklace reads the baby's aura. Predicts the sex."

"Nana has dementia and gypsy blood." Cheryl tells them. "Cool." the Sun twins mumble.

When Nana Rose seems startled, Polly gets worried.

"What? Is my baby okay?"

To that, Nana shakes her head. "Babies. It's twins. One of each!"

"It makes sense. Twin genes get passed down, makes it more likely for you to have twins because of Jason." Artemis says out loud.

🔆

After opening multiple presents, the feuding starts.

"Oh, Polly, come stay with us at Thornhill." Cheryl suggests in an excited tone.

"Cheryl's invention is genuine. Thornhill's gates will always be open to you. The child would want for nothing. You would want for nothing." Penelope tells Polly.

"Do you think that you can just waltz in here, with a bedbug-infested Trojan Horse, wave a blank check around, and steal my daughter?" Alice asked in an annoyed tone.

"I didn't think you wanted her. Else why would she have been exiled like some pariah?"

"To keep her away from your family."

"Oh... And not because you're ashamed? Why is your own daughter, not living with you?" Penelope fired back.

"She's not going to set foot in that twisted, poisonous house of yours." Alice states, and Cheryl stands up as well. "She should be so lucky."

"Cheryl, that's not helping." Betty comments and Apollo sits Cheryl back down.

"She'd do a lot better there than with you." Penelope states, which makes Alice get in her face. "How dare you?!"

"Enough! Both of you!" Polly yells, breaking the two apart.

"If you believe one lie from this woman-"

"This is why Jason is dead! Because of this hate. This pointless, stupid fighting... No, don't touch me... We were supposed to be together. And you didn't let us have that, neither of you. And you know it cost Jason his life." once Polly said this, she walked away.

🔆

Artemis was the only one to stay behind and help clean up besides jughead, Betty, and Alice.

Currently, she was washing dishes in the kitchen, when Hermione walked up, setting more plates down.

"You know Artemis, you didn't have to stay and help." the Lodge woman tells the teen. "It's alright, I wanted to. Besides, you guys organized the party, why should be left to clean up on your own?" the blondes responds, but Hermione can tell there's more she wanted to say.

"I can see there's more you want to say. Is there, something you want to tell me?" Hermione asked as they finished the last of the dishes.

"Um... I was um... I wondering if... It would be okay with you... To ask Veronica out on a date?" Artemis asked quietly with a hopeful look in her eyes.

When Hermione took a minute to answer, Artemis began talking again.

"It's just, I'm new to this whole dating thing. I'm sure you've heard by now that dating isn't something my brother and I do, we never really found people worth it enough to get into anything serious... But Veronica... She's different. She makes me happy. And your opinion is important to her, so that's why I wanted your permission..."

This made Hermione smile at the blonde. Seeing how nervous she was made her see that Artemis really liked her daughter.

"Artemis-" Hermione started and the blonde looked at her. "You are more than welcome to ask Veronica out on a date. You're a great kid. And though I'm happy you asked my permission, you know you didn't have to right?"

"People don't do that anymore?" Artemis asked and Hermione shook her head with a small laugh. "Oh... Well um. Thank you... You know, for saying yes anyway." with that, Artemis smiled lightly and walked away with a small skip in her step.

(A/N)- Hello lovely's! I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet

Loves or dislikes about the chapter?

Who are your ships?

What would you like to see in future chapters?

Happy Hunger Games to those who are also in the USA, still waiting on Nevada, like, my guy, you have a city full of casinos, you couldn't have your poker dealers count your ballots?

Stay safe everyone! ❤️  -💎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 362 29
A jughead Jones love story. Emerald Cooper was just an ordinary girl in an ordinary town, until the death of Jason Blossom. Riverdale season one.
27.2K 1K 26
COMPLETED 116,188 words #3 Choni - June 13, 2021 #15 Cheryl - May 14, 2021 #2 fangsfogarty - May 14, 2021 #86 Toni - March 7, 2021 #104 tonitopaz - M...
443K 8.9K 43
Jason Blossom died. No-one knows how. No-one knows who. It seems like everyone is keeping secrets from Aria Blossom. Can she cope with her family bei...
47.5K 1.1K 10
a story in which a good girl becomes bad due to a new influence. Betty and Archie were best friends, prepared to take on yet another year at Riverdal...