IN THE ASHES / j. sparrow

By staywildest

❝ there might have been danger in their fire, but there was certainly beauty in the ashes. ❞ © staywildest More

π„ππˆπ†π‘π€ππ‡
𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒
ππ‘πŽπ‹πŽπ†π”π„
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 πŽππ„ ; the curse of the black pearl
𝐈. norrington's ceremony
𝐈𝐈. captain jack sparrow
𝐈𝐈𝐈. getting jack's help
πˆπ•. commandeer
𝐕. tortuga
π•πˆ. in the storm
π•πˆπˆ. captain's cabin
π•πˆπˆπˆ. sparrow's story
πˆπ—. barbossa
𝐗. the brig
π—πˆ. don't do anything stupid
π—πˆπˆ. marooned
π—πˆπˆπˆ. peas in a pod
π—πˆπ•. very old friends
𝐗𝐕. the undead captain sparrow
π—π•πˆ. after the battle
π—π•πˆπˆ. finally free
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 π“π–πŽ ; dead man's chest
𝐈. drawing of a key
𝐈𝐈. bill turner
𝐈𝐈𝐈. cannibal island
πˆπ•. the trip upriver
𝐕. a touch of destiny
π•πˆ. davy jones
π•πˆπˆ. former commodore
π•πˆπˆπˆ. a heading
πˆπ—. curiosity
𝐗. the dead man's chest
π—πˆ. the heart
π—πˆπˆ. the kraken
π—πˆπˆπˆ. a proper goodbye
π—πˆπ•. a new captain
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ; at world's end
𝐈. newest member of the brethren
𝐈𝐈. the pirate lord of singapore
𝐈𝐈𝐈. good and lost
𝐕. the voyage back
π•πˆ. death of a mother
π•πˆπˆ. up is down
π•πˆπˆπˆ. still thinking of running?
πˆπ—. beckett's bargain
𝐗. the whelp evades the brig
π—πˆ. shipwreck cove
π—πˆπˆ. the fourth brethren court
π—πˆπˆπˆ. its grand architect
π—πˆπ•. calypso's fury
𝐗𝐕. ideas above the maelstrom
π—π•πˆ. victory
π—π•πˆπˆ. their beloved horizon
𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐆 π…π‘πŽπŒ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π€π”π“π‡πŽπ‘
✧ο½₯οΎŸπ‹π€π–π’ πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒

πˆπ•. the locker

6.2K 241 40
By staywildest

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 washed up on a bright beach, spitting and gasping for breath. they rose and studied their bleak surroundings.

"this truly is a godforsaken place," gibbs breathed, staring at the desolate hills of sand.

"i don't see jack," elizabeth said despairingly. "i don't see anyone."

bella looked around at the bare landscape silently.

"he's here," barbossa told them. "davy jones never once gave up that what he took."

"it doesn't matter," will snapped. "we're trapped here by your doing, no different than jack."

tia dalma slowly turned around, petting a small crab. "witty jack is closer than you think," she smiled.

in the distance, the mast of a ship appeared over the top of a sand dune. it became more visible, and the crew realized it was the black pearl. the ship splashed down into the water, and a man approached the shore.

"slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!" gibbs said in shock. "it's jack!"

jack walked up on the beach toward them. bella broke into a wide smile, feeling a rush of happiness as she followed the crew across the sand to greet him.

"it's the captain!" pintel exclaimed.

"a sight for sore eyes!" gibbs praised. "jack!"

jack's face was stern and his tone was harsh. "mr. gibbs!" he shouted.

"aye, captain," gibbs responded, a bit taken aback.

"i thought so," jack continued. "i expect you can account for your actions, then?"

"sir?" asked gibbs, looking lost. bella narrowed her eyes. this wasn't the jack she remembered.

"there has been a perpetual and virulent lack of discipline aboard my vessel!" jack said angrily. "why is that, sir?"

gibbs squinted at him. "you . . . you're in davy jones' locker, captain."

jack shook his head slightly. "i know that. i know where i am, and don't think i don't."

"jack sparrow," barbossa stepped forward.

"ah, hector! it's been too long," jack smiled. "hasn't it?"

"aye. isla de muerta, remember?" replied barbossa. "you shot me."

"no i didn't," jack shrugged. he moved past barbossa. "tia dalma, out and about, eh? you lend an agreeable sense of macabre to any delirium."

bella stood behind will, who crossed his arms and said: "he thinks we're a hallucination."

jack turned around to him. "william, tell me something. have you come because you need my help to rescue a certain distressing damsel? or rather, damsel in distress? either one."

"no," answered will.

"then you wouldn't be here. so you can't be here. Q.E.D, you're not really here!!"

"jack," elizabeth spoke. "this is real, we're here."

jack looked at her in confusion for a moment. then, he scuttled back over to gibbs.

"the locker, you say?" he muttered.

"aye," confirmed gibbs.

"we've come to rescue you," bella pushed out from behind will, speaking to jack.

their eyes met, and she forgot how to breathe for a moment. you see, brown eyes are just brown eyes — until you love someone with brown eyes.

but by the same token, jack lost his thoughts and forgot the world for a moment. he had never realized how easy it was to fall into the ocean of her eyes. so blue, he was drowning. the same blue of the sea which he had loved more than anything - until her.

then, he snapped back into place and remembered who had left him to the kraken in the first place.

"have you, now?" he said, staring back at her harshly. "that's very kind of you. but seeing as i possess a ship and you don't, it seems as though you're the ones in need of rescuing, and i'm not sure as i'm in the mood."

"i see my ship," barbossa replied smugly, pointing out at the ship in the water. "right there."

jack peered out at the water. "can't spot it," he said. "must be a tiny little thing hiding somewhere behind the pearl."

". . . jack . . ." bella started, but will cut her off.

"cutler beckett has the heart of davy jones. he controls the flying dutchman."

"he's taking over the seas," added elizabeth.

"the song has already been sung," tia dalma said. "the brethren court is called."

"leave you people alone for a minute and look what's happened, everything's gone to port," jack answered in surprise.

"aye, jack," gibbs nodded. "the world needs you back something fierce."

"and you need a crew," will stated firmly.

jack spun around. "why should i sail with any of you? four of you have tried to kill me in the past, one of you succeeded."

he gestured towards bella, and everyone turned to her in shock.

she glanced around at the crew guiltily.

a self-assured grin crossed jack's face. "oh, she's not told you? you'll have loads to talk about while you're here." he looked to tia. "as for you..."

"now, don't tell me you didn't enjoy it at the time," she said seductively, reaching out to caress his face.

bella rolled her eyes angrily.

"all right, fair enough, you're in," he smiled, moving down the line. "don't need you, you scare me. gibbs, you can come. marty. cotton. cotton's parrot, i'm a little iffy, but at least i'll have someone to talk to." he came face to face with tai huang. "who are you?"

"tai huang," he answered. "these are my men."

"where do your allegiances lie?"

"with the highest bidder."

"i have a ship," bartered jack.

"that makes you the highest bidder," tai huang replied.

"good man," jack nodded. "weigh anchor, all hands, prepare to make sail!" he shouted, then flipped open his compass.

jack glanced down at the compass, briefly up to bella, then back down at it.

bella could tell from his expression that the bearing wasn't what he'd expected. she stood beside barbossa, who tapped the navigational charts.

"jack . . ." he said smugly. "which way you going, jack?"

a/n

surprise double update !!

ik you were all really excited for these chapters :)

enjoy, sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.1K 1.6K 10
Your name is Y/N Turner and you work as a maid in the Swan mansion you are a adventurous girl that doesn't like to be ordered around and has an immen...
15.4K 296 79
Rosalind Ricci: fierce Captain of The Burning Rose, sailing the Caribbean Seas with her loyal crew. Fighting hard for all she's won in life, she won'...
629K 15.9K 33
A Will Turner love story ~ A flower and a blacksmith were best friends. The young girl fell in love with the young boy. But he thinks he loves anothe...
26.5K 578 19
Second in the Sparrow's Love series. ------------------------------------------------------- Maria Barbossa is back. She's out to find her true love...