𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄 | l lawliet

By -PHOEEDOUBLEE

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐚 𝐲𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐢 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 ❝ YO... More

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄
01
03
04

02

213 10 0
By -PHOEEDOUBLEE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

「 ❀˚. 📓₊˚.༄ 」

*YAWN*

Sakura sits upon her bed, covers draping off of her. She looks over at the clock beside her bed. The time on it was relatively early but not too late that she wouldn't get to say goodbye to her siblings

She produces a deep sigh as she gets out of her bed and walks over to her wardrobe grabbing the comfiest clothes she could find. Sakura then walked to the bathroom where she took a brisk shower and changed into her fresh clothes.

Afterwards, she went downstairs to put her pyjamas in the laundry basket and sat down on the couch to started watching the TV.

'there have been an additional 23 killings since yesterday evening...' The TV says as she turns it off promptly and sighs into her hands as she rubbed her face. Deep down she wasn't exactly worried about the murders, it was the fact she was mostly worried about her father.

Sakuras thoughts start racing as she began to hear footsteps trailing down the stairs. She quickly turned to face them.

"Sakura, can I borrow you for a second?" The individual says, that someone in question was Light.

"Sure, what's up?" She queries standing up and following him up the creaky stairs and to his room. As the eldest siblings entered the bedroom Light quickly shut the door and stood in front of it.

Suspicious...

He stood in doubt for a second just staring at his older sister as she awkwardly stood in front of him.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hand and promise me you won't get scared, okay?" He finally spoke up. Sakura furrowed her eyebrows in turmoil and nodded slowly. She listened to what he said and shut her eyes, holding out her hand.

She had to admit, she was rather nervous. What was he doing? She felt Light drop what she thought was a tiny piece of paper into the palm of her sweaty hand.

"You can open your eyes now." She opened her eyes slowly, looking down into her hand. She was right - it was just a tiny piece of paper.

She looked up at her brother in confusion  "I— don't get it..." Sakura couldn't help but feel as though he was doing something sketchy.

"Turn around." He was smirking at her looking over her shoulder as if he's done something he was proud of. Sakura challenges it mentally but does as he says.

She turns around, her eyebrows furrowing once again. She becomes face to face with a huge creepy figure with eyes of death.

"Light, what the fuck is that?" She hears him snicker from behind her as he rests his hands softly on her shoulders.

It had light blue skin and darker blue hair, sharpened teeth and golden eyes. Everything about it was just really off-putting to her or pretty much anyone with a favourable state of sanity.

"Hey, how's it goin'" It spoke in a scratchy deep toned voice which was oddly cheerful. It  looked down at her with a continual grin painted on it's face.

"This is Ryuk, he's my Shinigami." Sakura widened her eyes at it as it mocked her expression.

What? Shinigamis are real?

"Sakura, would you like to know why I have a Shinigami?" She unhurriedly nodded turning back around to face him wanting to know more about the situation. "That's because..." He quickly cleared his throat.

"...I am Kira." Sakura's face quickly drops as she looked at him in shock. Although she really hoped he wasn't being genuine, she knew that he was more than likely telling the truth. Kira is in the Kanto region and a student after all.

"Light are you crazy!" She snaps at him after his confession. "You're Kira?" He promptly covers her mouth in slight panic.

"Sakura, be quiet! I can't believe it bought I could trust you..." Light gets progressively angrier as their argument went on. "Ugh— Ryuk, just get rid of it." He rolls his eyes at his sister.

"Alrighty then!" Ryuk chuckles from behind her as she questioned what that meant.

Suddenly Sakura shuts her mouth as both her and Lights minds goes blank...

"Sakura, i'm not Kira! I can't believe you would even think that!" Light shouts at her as the door behind him quickly swings open accidentally hitting the back of his ankles

"What is all this commotion for? What's going on with you two?" The siblings Mom pleaded in the doorway while Sayu trailed behind her rubbing her eyes.

"Sakura seems to think i'm Kira although i'm obviously not!" Light asserts defensively to his case.

"Sakura..?" Their Mom trailed on disappointedly whilst slowly turning to face her first born.

"I never said that! I only said that Kira was a student and in the Kanto region!" She defends herself - because that is definitely what she said to him. Right?

"Yeah, basically implying that I'm Kira!" Light yells back at her, tears slightly pricking his eyes.

Sakuras shoulders relaxed as a wave of regret washed over her, she pushed past the audience that he gathered.

"Yeah, whatever, I don't care anymore..." Sakura walked out of his room silently all argued out as her Mother shuts the door behind her.

"I'm going back to my room..." Sayu bores, leaving for her room abruptly. Sachiko waited for Sayu's door to shut before she began to talk to Sakura.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" She asks her eldest daughter sympathetically. Sakura nods back obviously lying to her face.

"Here's something that'll cheer you up. Your father said he'd treat us to a meal later - any restaurant of your choice - since he heard that you had come home. Although he's unable to attend." Her mom finishes her sentace. Sakura softly smiles at the statement.

"What about Light and Sayu? Don't they have school?" I ask her confused.

"Well they don't have to know do they!" Mom giggles playfully. "It can be our little secret." Sakura grins at her mother as they both walk downstairs to prepare breakfast together.

•••

"Light! Breakfasts ready!" Sayu yells up the stairs to Light who came down the stairs seconds after. They all sit down at the dinner table and say thank you.

The Yagami family start eating their meal as Sakuras face fills with light as the familiar flavours of her mother's cooking hits her tongue.

"I didn't realise how much I missed your cooking mom!" Sachiko was flattered by the remarks but definitely wouldn't admit to it and proceeded to continue eating with a slight tinge of redness on her cheeks.

"Also Light I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I just want Kira gone for good, I guess..." He hesitated to talk and tried to keep eating but he couldn't. He looked up at his older sister slowly.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. I'm practically over it by now anyway." He smiles at her. She smiled back and they both continued eating.

"Awh— How did I raise such gifted and polite children?" Their Mom queries herself holding her hand on her chest.

"You might have to rethink that one, mom." Light announces looking over at Sayu who was perched on her chair next to me. She's completely oblivious about the situation as she digs into her food contently. She soon looks up at Light who is staring at her intently as she realised what he meant by that.

"Hey!" She says giving him a playful shove from across the table and pouting soon after with her arms crossed over her chest.

The time soon flies by and they all finish eating soon after a prolonged discussion about Sakura's childhood - which made Sayu pretty sad about since she didn't exactly grow up with her sister considering she's a whole 9 years older than her.

As Sachiko cleans the dishes with the help of her eldest Daughter, Sayu leaves for school with Light following soon after after they all said their goodbyes.

Sachiko said that their meal wasn't for another few hours so Sakura didn't have to rush to get prepared as it was still only early in the morning. In the mean time, Sakura's Mom asked her to help her out with the laundry which was slightly unusual since she liked to be independent the majority of the time.

They both begin sorting out the clothes after taking them out of the washer when her mother turns to her with a timid look on her face.

"Are you sure you still want to be a detective?" She questions Sakura, placing down her freshly folded clothes.

She knew there was a reason for her Mom to want her to help. She look over at her, she looked slightly sad as she folded the clothes in her hands.

"Yeah. At least I think I do, why?" Sakura asks her placing a calming hand on her shoulder.

"I just— Don't want anything bad to happen to you..." A tear falls down from her left eye and onto the dirty laundry. "I'm sorry..."

Her daughter glances at her, instantly taking her into her reassuring arms.

"Mom— Even if something does happen to me you'll be okay, I promise. And anyways, do you seriously think someone could get past me? I'm a Yagami." Sakura pulls away from the hug and starts pretending to flex her muscles as he Mom giggled, this didn't last for long though.

"But what if something does? What do I do then?" Sachiko face drops again.

"The same thing could happen to dad... or even Light in the future." She looks down at her laundry and then back up at me.

"Light really admires you, y'know." I smile at her happily.

Sakura nods at her word as she stares at her Mom in a comforting manner, continuing to fold clothes.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid..." Sachiko manages to say in a croaky voice through her blubbers.

"i promise..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
1.3M 57.9K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
204K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
102K 9.1K 110
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...