Until Skies Taste the Sun (Lo...

By kleavenlost

Lost Series #1. Avi acted her dreams so dearly and all that is important. Sweet. Passionate. Determined. She... More

Until Skies Taste the Sun
Simula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Kabanata 48
Kabanata 49
Kabanata 50
Wakas
Note

Kabanata 14

77 4 0
By kleavenlost

Tease me

We're heading back to the condo para ihatid si Mia. It's currently 6:42 pm by now. Madali lang kaming natapos kanina sa pagkain pero natatagalan naman to drive everyone home dahil kay unstoppable traffic. I hate to admit it, but I am getting used to it.

"Talaga bang hindi ka pupunta bukas? Pwede ka naman kasing humabol? I'll wait for you." I turned to Mia when the car stopped at the entrance of the condominium.

"Avi, ang kulit! Sinabi ng hindi ako aabot." Mia grabbed her bag, preparing to go out of the car.

I gathered up my arms and enclosed them to the lower part of my chest. "Right. Kahit 10:00 pm pa naman ang tapos."

"And our dinner will start at 8:30," she fired back.

"She's right. There's no way she could make it. Unless Mia wants to celebrate the party herself." Third joined the conversation.

"See? Third got my point! Ikaw lang talaga ang pumipilit." She opened the door, totally preparing to leave.

"'Kay..." 

I'm sad. I want Mia to be there with me dahil ayaw ko namang ma-out of place sa event. I do know how to interact and socialize with other business people. Dad and Mom trained me well on that thing. It's for the 'convenience' as a daughter of parents who are in that league. What my point is.. both of them will going to be busy by tomorrow! I don't know where should I go after the main event. And it's so awkward to be alone. I can't go home right away. They wouldn't allow me!

"So... I'm expecting my date shall wait me tomorrow night? " Third and I were already out of the condo place. I was busy here thinking about the things I could possibly do tomorrow to ease my boredom. Na- interrupt lang ang thinking ko nang magtanong siya.

I smirked at him. "I don't think so... I never want to be a waiter," I said pertaining to his wacky words earlier if that's a joke.

He tugged his lip upward. "Oh, so you remember now everything I say."

"What? Why is that? Can I forget something you'd say?" I turned to him.

"Oh, that's not what I meant. I'm talking about what I've told you this week. Seems you forgot a lot, huh?"

I never leave him my gaze. My brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"You sounded so above suspicion. Like it." He bit and played with his lower lip to stop himself from tearing a smirk.

"Hey, stop that! I don't even know what you're talking about." I don't know a thing about what he's saying! I only saw and meet him once this week that's happening right now. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang sinasabi niya, okay!

"What about me calling you babe?" He finally let out his mischievous smirk.

I got uncomfortable with the topic pero hindi ko 'yon pinahalata dahil mas lalo lang niya akong bibiruin! I acted normal and creased my forehead as if it was nothing to me. And that my emotional status right now is normal!

"And what about it?" 

All of my body parts were clapping out themselves! Even my heart was congratulating my brain for being dominant, and for working on a good pretend. Their master is such a great actress!

He took a glimpse of my face, before getting back his attention on the road. Ngumuso siya. "You won't ask me anything? Didn't... I confuse your mind? And didn't I mess up your system? But, sure..."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. After the long days of the week, we are finally having the conversation now!

Of course! He destructively muddled my mind! He's disastrously disrupting my system! And the one he missed off, he mercilessly makes my heart pound in so good and damn fast! There's so much exaggeration dahil sobra-sobra ang pinaparamdam niya sa'kin! But what would he expect from a girl like me? To say that out completely on his face? Can he hear himself? I can never do that! Madami akong natitirang shame sa body ko, 'no!

"You're back zipping your mouth again. Kasi tama ang sinasabi ko?" 

Hindi ako umimik. Wala akong balak.

"Clear enough response. You.. agree, so I'm taking it." He maneuvered the car to the left. "Never wonder this wild now why silence means yes.." he mumbled out the last line and it looks like he still has something to say. It's not over yet. 

The man I once thought is a few words was actually not. Indeed right that a first impression never lasts! He just won't stop talking too much even earlier at the restaurant!

"All things someone considered... Better keep silent than take up the risk you're afraid to commit. Or... we can say that you're just too frightened about the topic. Do I make you uncomfortable, Avi?" He managed to be so cool and just stood chill while driving.

"Have you cut your tongue? Why aren't you talking?" He continued. He's tugging his lips upward. It just won't stop! 

Kanina pa akong bothered sa kaguwapuhan niya kahit kung ano-ano na ang lumalabas sa mouth niya!

I was about to speak, but then naunahan na naman niya ako. "Seems too shy to admit it yourself. But it's okay tho... You don't need to explain your side. I fully understand."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko. Nahampas ko siya nang mahina lang naman sa arm. He laughed.

"Hindi ko alam... you're mapanakit  pala! Just be careful some time and don't do it again next time while I'm driving. I want to protect the girl whom I'm able to control and give unambiguous emotions!" Lalong lumakas ang tawa niya.

He's annoying me! He's more playful than I think! "You are so full of yourself! Nakakairita, ah!" I yelled. "You are literally saying it to my face like it wouldn't affect me at all!" I lashed out.

And really, mapanakit? Where in the hell did he learn the word!

"I know... that's what I'm pointing out at all." He never missed the opportunity to laugh. I can't believe him! Couldn't he comprehend thoroughly what he was saying?!

"Alam mo na pala! Kailangan pang i-pamukha?! Flex lang ng flex, gano'n?!"

I gritted my teeth.

"I have feelings! And you just can't always know what it is. Huwag mo akong pinapangunahan! Please do have shame, kasi ako marami! It's so inappropriate! Decency, jeez!"

Nakakairita talaga! Bakit niya pa kasi kailangang sabihin sa akin? Can't he use his common sense? Natural na mapapahiya talaga ako!

"Okay okay, alam ko." 

He maneuvered the car this time to the right, habang tumatawa pa rin using his deep voice. I'd like to think it's a monstrous laugh. From a very handsome beast. 

Focus, Avi!  It's not the right time to admire him. Naiinis dapat ako sa kaniya!

"Alam mo pala!" I shouted.

"Relax...I just want to see that smoking face. You easily turn red. You look cute." This man really knows how to flirt!

My cheeks began to burn again. Napahawak pa nga ako to check kung ano ang temperature niya. Tama ako! Sobrang feverish hot nga! Literally!

He received a call kaya nakahinga ako nang maluwag. I can't afford to manage the palpitating beat of my heart.

"Yes... " 

After a second, Third arched his left brow. "At what time? Sinulyapan niya ako bago niya ni- return ang attention sa kausap.

"Okay, I'm on my way... Yeah... I'll see you." He ended the call.

Third watched me being quiet.

"My Dad..." he said kahit hindi ko naman tinatanong sa kaniya. 

If he's worrying that I'm thinking he's talking to another girl, then he doesn't need to! I'm not like that. And I will never be!

"Tito Achelous? They're here again?" 

Oh, right. They're here for tomorrow's launch, that's what Mom said. Kinabahan tuloy ako agad! Tita Yelena would surely ask me so many things about her son and me.

He nodded and pursed his lips. "So... What time will you ever be ready? Can I fetch you at 6 sharp?"

"Yeah... I think so. It's better to arrive early." 

I looked outside the window and from what I can see here inside the car, the wind is so cool outside. Nakalampas na kami kanina pa sa highway at ngayon,  our way is on an extensive road na napapaligiran ng malalaking puno at halaman.

"Can you open the window, please? I want to feel the air outside..."

"Sure thing," he quickly granted my request.

Hindi nga ako nagkakamali. Agad na dumapo sa skin ko ang cold air, sending me to quiver lightly. The air smells fresh too. I like it. I feel at peace looking at the order of greeny leaves of trees just how I wanted my eyes to see it. I love the scenery and the breeze wind it brings.

8:22 ako naihatid ni Third sa bahay. I invited him to go inside, but he refused dahil hinihintay daw siya nina Tita sa kanila.

It's almost 10:00 in the evening right now. Mom and I did some fittings earlier and I enjoyed every bit of it of course. The same vibe when I prepare for pageants. I can't wait to completely wear the gown I picked for tomorrow to match it with my look and hairstyle. I want to be beautiful in the eyes of my date.

I woke up at 8:00 am the night after to get a facial treatment that Mom had scheduled. Kasama ko rin siya kanina para pumunta sa nail salon. From the structure, plans, foods, and designs of the event, I and my parents prepared physically pompous for this. Our excitement can't be tamed, especially Dad. He always wants everything to look good and perfect. Not totally perfect, as there's no such, but the best he could ever produce.

The night has come and the house became very busy. There were so many reporters waiting outside our house, hired interviewers from inside, scattered racks of gowns, palettes of make-up, and stylists around. Everything is chaotic, but the night is full of excitement.

I stood tall in front of the mirror with my original height of 5'9, plus the three inches measure of my heels. I look very lean and exalted. I giggled to myself. I can be a model someday if I want to, but lucky for you I don't want to. Oh, that's a song!

But.. like, really... I could actually think at least about the possibilities of modeling. I'll just let my destiny lead its way. I never go serious about it kahit ang dami ng offers before. To all the causes, I don't want any turbulence in my life. I want to keep my life simple, private, and peaceful, as long as I'm contented with the presence of my loved ones.

My mom told me to look extravagant tonight so I am wearing a strapless fitted sequin red gown that perfectly hugged my curvy body, showing off my slender arm with my long neck and lean shoulders, all perfect for my white skin. The left bottom part of the gown has a slit giving a peek at my toned and perfectly shaped legs. I'm also wearing some of my shimmery pieces of jewelry, which were all given to me by Mom and Dad. I look fantastic indeed! My hair is tied up in a messy bun and both sides of my face have cascading hairs, making me look like a goddess from Mt. Olympus. My makeup is not that pretentious, but totally featured the structure of my face to illuminate a wondrous glow look. I feel gorgeous!

Kanina pang nakaalis sina Mommy papunta sa venue as they are needed there more than anyone else. I'm still here in my room waiting for my date while eating the left- over cake last night. I just received a text from Third that he's almost near. Hindi na ako nag-alala na baka may nag-aabang sa akin sa labas because kanina pang nakaalis ang mga reporters kasabay ng pag-alis nina Mommy. They assumed that I'm already there with my parents and we're complete.

As of now, I'm preparing myself emotionally. I don't understand why I still feel nervous at the mere idea of Third seeing me and my overall look tonight. My nerves are flying into a rage again.

"Avi, iha, baba ka na riyan! Nandito na si sir Third!" I nearly jumped sa sigaw ni nana Myrna sa baba.

I hurriedly finished my cake and drank water. Pinulot ko ang shimmery ko na white purse sa bed side table at dumiretso na palabas at pababa ng stairs. Nakita kong nakaupo si Third sa living room, waiting for me. When a helper passed near the stairs, I handed the used plate of cake. 

Third automatically raised his head directly at me when he noticed my presence. He parted his lips while I bit mine. He pushed back his hair and then stand up. 

What.. an electrifying sight!

He is so handsome in those pair of monk straps up to his pants and dark maroon turtleneck covered with a suit. He looks dark and ravishing. He has the latest watch of Jager- lecoultre that perfectly signifies his masculinity.

I saw how the pair of his eyes landed on my bare shoulders, then immediately looked away. Lumapit na ako ng tuluyan sa kaniya.

"You look beautiful." 

Kanina.. parents keep on praising me. Sanay na ako sa kanila every time na may ganito so parang normal happiness lang ang na-feel ko. But when it's Third who acknowledges me, I feel I have the entire universe! His acknowledgment of how I look good is the assurance I want to hear.

I smiled at him. "You are handsome."

He smirked. "I am."

I was busy hiding the romantic giggles I feel inside until he offered me his arm. "Shall we go?" I grabbed his arm and then we were free to go.

Third kept on swallowing hard upon walking our way to his car. He also looks uncomfortable, adjusting his tie from time to time. I looked at him softly. "You okay?"

He pursed his lips and nodded a little. While opening the door for me, he glanced again at my revealed shoulders. "Why is your dress like that? Aren't you cold?"

Hah, I knew it. Maganda ba ako, Third?

I cleared my throat. "It's fashionable! Besides.. I look good, am I?" I prepared extra on this to purposely capture his eyes. And I guess I did? Well, he keeps looking at it!

"Tsk, fashion." He said like he was that annoyed by the word.

Pumasok na ako ng tuluyan sa shotgun seat pero nanatili siyang nakatayo sa labas habang hawak ang handle door ng car. 

"You do look great. But haven't you thought men would flock to you?" he sternly asked.

I tried to innocently smile. "Are you one of them, though?"

He arched a brow and examined me. I couldn't help but smirk. His dark eyes were piercing through my soul. I shivered at that. I just got a taste of my own medicine!

"Really, Avi? Does it have to be asked? Why would ask me something you already knew the answer to?" 

I elevated my back from the backrest. He's making me uneasy again!

"H-hindi... ko kaya alam!" I shook my head. "You know what? Let's just go! I know they're waiting for us!" I tried to shift the topic and his attention, but he didn't stop.

"You're aware the crowd is big, yet you still choose that kind of... dress?"

Why is he so serious about it? What clearly is his problem with my exposed body? First my legs, and now this? Is he aware that he's overreacting about being protective? It's normal! Hindi pa nga kami ganiyan na siya. Ligawan niya kaya muna ako!

"Nevermind." He closed the door and turned around. I just shrugged off my shoulder.

"Are your parents already there?" Tanong ko pagpasok niya sa loob ng sasakyan.

He took a glance at me and then shook his head. Just wow! Attitude din pala siya, ah! I laughed. "What's your problem?" I relaxed my body when the car moved and turned again to him when he didn't respond.

"So... you're the one who's back this time to being quiet and serious again," I teased but he didn't react at all. I just turned my gaze out to the window. 

Bahala siya! I'll just appreciate the view outside kahit mas maganda pa nga ang view niya.

"What time would you leave the event?" He finally spoke after some while.

Lumingon ako sa kaniya. His face is still staid though. "Uh... I think I'll leave after the program ends? Or... sasabay nalang pala ako kila Dad. Pero hindi rin pala, matagal pa sila, e. And I don't have anything to do there. It's not like I'm significantly needed. I'm just the 'daughter'." I slightly laughed. "Magpapahatid nalang siguro ako sa driver."

"Ang dami mong sinabi. Think you didn't answer my question. I'm asking the time, hindi kung paano ka uuwi," masungit niyang sabi.

"Hindi ko kasi alam! Iyon nalang, I don't know."

He shook his head. I waited.

"Ako na ang maghahatid sa'yo pauwi." 

Napabaling agad ako sa kaniya. His attention is focused on the road.

"No!" I fussed.

He furrowed his forehead and glanced at me. "What?! What's with the shout?"

"I mean... Matagal ka rin. Kasi 'di ba.. kayo ang star ng event, Mr. HEAD ENGINEER," I said, emphasizing how big his role is in the project. "Ayaw kong mag-intay nang matagal, and ayaw kong ma-out of place habang mag-isa ako and all of you are busy!"

He nearly scowled. "Who says I'm going to make you wait."

"What do you mean?"

"I can leave the event at what time I want," he confidently announced.

"Aren't you one of the most important people there? It isn't appropriate if you'll leave too soon just to be my bodyguard, Mr. chaperone." Sinamaan niya ako ng look kaya tumawa ako. "Joke lang!"

"Pero totoo! Bawal ka agad umalis do'n. You need to be there until the last part of the affair," I sincerely said.

"Then stay."

"No, magpapahatid ako—"

"Then I'll leave the event early," he smirked.

"Papagalitan ka nila, ang kulit mo!" I turned to the window and he just laughed. At least okay na siya ngayon.

Saglit akong nag- isip. 

"Tatakas ka ba mamaya?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

"I don't want, Avi. But... I guess you'll make me do it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 60 69
Klailea Lyndsy Gatdula, a member of an all-female syndicate, excels in theft, manipulation, and even murder to get what she wants. However, she faces...
8.6K 884 46
And we're gonna pretend that we're strangers, even if we shared a lot of memories.
16.1K 404 35
Si Lj Cruz ay isang tipikal na dalaga na walang ginawa kung hindi mag aral at magtrabaho para maitaguyod sila ng kanyang tatay, sa madaling salita wa...