slytherin princess [2]

Door rosemalfoydiggory

Catherine Collins has returned for her fifth year at Hogwarts. After the tragic ending to last year, the Slyt... Meer

introduction
characters
playlist
old catherine, new catherine
the ministry's bitch
it's his birthday and i'll cry if i want to
to hallowe'en and onward
a new home for the holidays
christmas cheer from draco
the truth about purebloods
the order of who bloody cares
fireplaces, old parchment, and guilt
out of the snow and into the fire
down with the army
bursting at the seams with snakes
the wondrous weasleys
goodbye umbridge, hello ministry
there's a first time for everything
voldemort leaves rubbish aftermath
epilogue
author's note

betrayal and betrothal

202 3 1
Door rosemalfoydiggory

As Draco stroked lazy circles onto Catherine's back, she glared out the window.

"This would be so much easier if there was any romantic connection between us," she finally spoke.

Draco nodded, "Believe me, I've thought the same."

"So, you really love her?"

"Catherine, my head was buried between your legs, and you yelled for Cedric's name. I didn't even flinch."

"Fair enough."

"So, I've been meaning to ask, would you like me to escort you to the ball on New Year's Eve?"

"I suppose so," she giggled. "We're going to give your parents a heart attack if they think we're together."

"I know, which is why I was wondering if you would come to the Manor for dinner tomorrow night? Mum just got back from the Alps, and the Notts will be dining with us. Apparently, Mr. Nott is going to propose a union between Daphne and Theo."

"That would explain last night, but are you sure you want to lead your parents into believing we would ever be engaged?"

Draco snorted, "I am doing this merely for your benefit. I was being a git last night, so I would love to see my father's face when he thinks that he killed my betrothed's ex-boyfriend. He's going to be extremely uncomfortable."

She turned to face him and propped herself up on her elbow. A smirk formed on her lips.

"Well, in that case, I'm in. I have to go to Diagon Alley with Pansy and Mrs. Zabini, but after that, we can talk strategy."

"Alright, also, about Granger," Draco began.

Catherine stood up and started to pull on her clothes.

"She still loves you, you know? I wouldn't give up on that yet; well, only if you're willing to stop being a coward."

"Maybe one day," he sighed.

"See you later."

Catherine left his room and ran into Mrs. Zabini.

"Catherine, dear, how are you this morning?" she amusedly asked. Her eyes darted to the door behind her.

"Erm, fine, thank you, and yourself?"

"Very well, indeed. Pansy and I decided that we would leave in an hour. Opal will be meeting us there."

"Alright, I do not believe that my mother will join, though."

"I didn't even ask her to; I would not put you in harm's way, Catherine. You are a sister to both my future daughter and my son, so therefore, you are like a daughter to me."

Catherine's eyes softened at the woman's statement.

"Thank you, Mrs. Zabini."

"Of course, child, now get dressed."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Oh, and, Catherine?"

Catherine whirled around to face the smirking woman.

"I do hope that you are considering a betrothal with young Malfoy. You two would be an unstoppable pair."

"Thank you, ma'am."

She then hurriedly walked into her room. Catherine was not one to lament on her decisions because that would only cause her pain, but she was beginning to not like her arrangement with Draco. While she loved the shagging, Catherine knew deep down in her heart that it still belonged to Cedric. And to only further that, she knew that the other person it belonged to was not Draco in the slightest, but it was the one person that no one would truly approve of ever.

Catherine pushed the thought away and went into the shower. Afterwards, she pulled on a cashmere, v-neck sweater that was midnight blue with a simple black skirt and white wool tights. She let her blonde hair fall pin straight down her back with one of the crystal clips she received yesterday that fluttered like a butterfly. Catherine paired the ensemble with black kitten heels and her white peacoat.

Catherine made her way to the main entryway to meet Pansy. Her friend was dressed and excitedly talked to another woman who she recognized to be Pansy's mother. Opal Parkinson was much like Mrs. Zabini in her warm demeanor and hands off parenting.

"Catherine, darling, it's so good to see you," Mrs. Parkinson greeted.

Catherine carefully hugged the woman before flouncing to Pansy's side.

"I do believe there are congratulations in order for your merge with the Zabinis," Catherine cooly stated.

"Thank you, dear. Speaking of which, Pansy, you will be presented at the ball with Blaise as his betrothed."

"Like Adrian and Cassidy last year?" Pansy's eyes lit up in excitement.

"Precisely," Mrs. Parkinson nodded.

Adrian Pucey and Cassidy Burke had entered into a betrothal as of last year. Adrian was two years older than both Pansy and Catherine, and Cassidy was one year their senior. Adrian had saved Cassidy from a bludger during a quidditch match against Hufflepuff during her third. Shortly afterwards, the two began an interesting friendship that led to one of the most passionate love affairs Hogwarts had witnessed.

While the Burke family was of the sacred twenty-eight, Cassidy's parents were of the Burke heritage, a dominantly Ravenclaw family. They had little regard for their "services" to the pureblood world, unlike Adrian's. However, Cassidy's earlier family, namely Elizabeth Burke, had been wrapped up in such beliefs. Yet, the Burkes were well-respected, so when Adrian asked for Cassidy's hand in marriage, they were elated.

During the Zabini's ball, the two had been presented. First with an announcement, then with a speech, and then the fairy-lit dance. Pansy was particularly looking forward to that part.

"Now, we have already had your dresses set aside, so we will only need to have you try them on," Mrs. Zabini later explained.

The women walked down the streets of Diagon Alley and into Burgess Dresses.

"Here, you girls, go," Mrs. Burgess handed them their different garment bags.

"Thank you."

They both went into their respective changing rooms. While the ball had no direct theme, there was still a traditional one that the Purebloods of Slytherin house had implemented at least a century ago. Essentially, those of the Slytherin house wore Slytherin colors, and those of other houses wore their colors for their house. It was simply a way that the more aristocratic Purebloods could differentiate themselves from those they agreed to be of a lowlier status, even blood traitors. However, of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, only two families refused to attend any of the parties. Those two families being the Weasleys and Longbottoms.

Catherine slipped into her dress which was a Slytherin green ball gown that was a silk material. It was floor length with spaghetti straps and the bottom was bunched up artfully.

When she walked out, Catherine was met with gasps of awe.

"You look beautiful, Catherine. Truly you are a vision," Mrs. Zabini complimented.

Mrs. Parkinson nodded, "You look lovely."

Pansy walked out next wearing a dress that was similar in a halter top style with a train that had millions of little diamonds on it. It was supposed to symbolize life long love, according to Opal at least.

After they all left, the women had a quiet lunch at Evangelique's before arriving back at the manor.

Catherine spent the rest of the day in the upper level library of the Zabini's, where she hid herself in a pile of schoolwork. Afterwards, she went for a walk on the grounds before settling into a hot bath. Finally, she fell into dreamless sleep.

The next morning, Catherine woke up late at around eleven o'clock. She was awoken by a knock on the door. She slipped out of her Weasley sweater and pulled on her green, silk robe.

"Good morning," Draco briefly smiled at her.

"Good morning."

"So, we should be leaving in the next couple of hours. I'll meet you down in the entryway. Also, Daphne will be joining us."

"How nice. So, three o'clock?"

"Sounds about right."

He then left without saying goodbye. Catherine took a long, hot shower. Afterwards, she pulled on a nice, white cocktail dress with simple black pumps, and she let her hair fall pin straight down her back. She pulled on her green cloak that the Malfoys had gifted her last year.

When she made her way downstairs, she only spotted Theo at the entryway. He smiled up dashingly at her as he extended a hand.

"You look ravishing," he complimented and kissed her hand.

"Thank you. You don't look awful."

He grinned. Then the fireplace in front of them turned green and in stepped Daphne. Her blonde hair was pulled out of her face to reveal her red painted lips that paired nicely with her black cocktail dress.

"Hello, love," she greeted Theo

He smiled sweetly back and pecked her cheek.

Daphne attempted to spare him a loving gaze, but she could not. Now, some may call Daphne Greengrass pig-faced, a bitch, and several other names, but she knew better. She knew that the only thing you could truly call her was fanciful. She was always under the impression that she would marry for love. It never crossed her mind that she would be one of the many to marry out of convenience, status, or advantage. When her father informed her the other day that she was to accept Theodore Nott as her betrothed, she had been shocked.

Astoria had cried with her that night. Daphne felt like an ungrateful child, but she knew that she wasn't. It really wasn't too much to want to be loved, especially by the person she was to spend the rest of her life with. So, Daphne made her dear sister vow to only marry for love that night. Daphne herself hoped that she would fall in love with Theo sooner rather than later; maybe that would make her feel less hopeless and out of control.

"Hello, Catherine, you look lovely."

"You as well, Daphne."

"Are you lot ready?" Draco asked as he sauntered down the stairs. He was in no mood for a dinner party, but his father had insisted. If Draco was to be forced to ruin part of his Christmas by dealing with his father, then he would surely make the old sod bothered. Hence his reasoning for bringing Catherine.

"Yes, we are."

They all made their way to Malfoy Manor using the floo system. When they arrived in the grand foyer, Mrs. Malfoy waited patiently for them as she sat exceptionally still on the couch. Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Nott were in the other room, but they too waited in anticipation.

"Draco, you're home," Narcissa elegantly rose. Her eyes darted to Daphne who was clutching Theo's arm and then Catherine, who's hand was delicately wound around Draco's bicep.

"Yes, mother, I am."

"Catherine, it's wonderful to see you, dear," she smiled.

"You as well, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Now, Lucius and Tiberius should be here momentarily."

As she finished that sentence, the double doors to the right flew open to reveal the Nott and Malfoy patriarchs. They both held quite gaunt faces surprisingly.

"Hello, children," Lucius' icy voice cut through the air. "Why don't you all wait in the second floor drawing room until dinner. I'm sure you'll find some way to keep yourselves occupied. Draco, Theo, a word if you will?"

Catherine and Daphne took it as a cue to leave. The girl sat down in the drawing room and hung their cloaks.

"So, Theo?"

Daphne shrugged, "I suppose so, it's what we're meant to do, right?"

"Yes, yes it is," Catherine nodded thoughtfully. She grabbed a book over blood magic before settling in to her favorite couch. Daphne took a spot in an armchair by the window.

"Catherine?" her feminine voice lilted.

"Hm?"

"Do you believe in marrying for love or propriety?"

Catherine glanced up with a weary expression.

"Propriety, love is only a downfall."

"Well, you have only loved once, and it ended the way it did. I suppose it is unfair of me to ask such questions," Daphne bluntly conceded.

Catherine shut her book.

"Well, I just don't believe that love lasts. I have always thought that."

"Is it because you fancy someone you shouldn't?" Daphne's back was to her as she watched the birds fly.

"Why would you suggest that?"

"No reason," the other blonde sighed. "I just thought that maybe it would be easier to run from love rather than accept you could love the wrong person."

"Well, I don't agree with that statement in the slightest. I just think you should not fall in love, that's all."

"So you'll marry Draco?"

Catherine shook her head.

"No, I don't believe so."

"Interesting."

Catherine went back to her book in confusion over what she had just said. It was odd for Daphne to be so philosophical.

About an hour later a distraught Draco came into the room, but he only shot Catherine an apologetic glance before grabbing a book and leaving. Finally, a little over an hour later, the boys arrived back with guilty, pale faces.

"It's time for dinner," Draco announced.

Catherine looped her hand around his arm as he guided her to the dining room.

"I'm so sorry," he desperately whispered to her.

She sighed, "It's fine. Daphne is not the worst company."

"No, not for that, but for what is about to happen."

"And that is?"

"You'll see."

The two walked down to the dining room to find Mr. Malfoy waiting outside for the young couples. He was looking rather uncomfortable, much to Catherine's elation. However, he simply covered it with a cool aristocrat trained expression.

"Come, Draco, it's time."

Draco only nodded before he squeezed Catherine's hand. Such a tender gesture caused worry to flash through Catherine's body.

They both walked into the room, and Catherine's mouth nearly fell open at who was at the head of the table.

A man of sorts with translucent, white skin that had veins protruding out of it sat with beady red eyes unemotionally assessing the couples in front of him.

"Hello, my lord," Draco bowed. "This is my betrothed, Catherine Collins."

Catherine wanted to throw up and throw the killing curse at the "lord" in front of her.

There could only be one lord that would look as reptilian as this man.

"Hello, my child. I am Lord Voldemort."

Catherine merely composed herself and bowed ever so slightly. It pained her greatly, but she knew that she could do far less dead than alive.

"My lord," Theo interjected. "I would like you to meet my betrothed, Daphne Greengrass."

He nodded at the shocked girl; Daphne was so pale she almost blended into the white curtains behind her head.

"Please, young ones, sit. Dinner is served."

Catherine slowly sat down in a chair next to Daphne and Mrs. Malfoy. They were all across from the men and under the scrutiny of reptilian eyes.

"So, Ms. Collins, I am unfamiliar with your name. However, I do know that you are top of your class with Young Draco and a prefect, correct?"

"Yes."

"And you are from the family of Collins? I have yet to hear that pureblood family," he curiously prodded.

"My family is from France originally. Unlike the Lestranges or Rosiers, we changed our name to Collins to better fit in. We are originally of the family of Lord Huguette Collinouveau, third cousin of Merlin."

"Very interesting, is there a particular reason for this?"

Voldemort, for what it's worth, was always a history buff. He loved to hear of ancient families, especially ones that were as old as his own prized Slytherin heritage.

"We fled France after the French Ministry insisted on allowing the law of magical marriage be retracted and magic folk were free to marry Mudbloods and Half-breeds," Catherine replied and jutted her chin out. She was never particularly proud of her family heritage.

"Very wise family you have, Ms. Collins."

"Thank you."

"Now, your fiance tells me that you patrol with a Weasley. Is this true?"

Catherine slowly nodded with a small glare at Draco, who seemed rather engrossed with his lamb.

"His parents are members of the Order."

"Your question, sir?" Catherine asked with a contentious stare.

Voldemort smirked slightly to himself.

"Does he speak of them often?"

"No, sir. He only ever speaks of boring things such as brooms."

"You're lying."

"Why would I do that? I have no need to lie to you."

"Unless you are a friend of that Weasley's."

"No, he's a blood traitor. His whole family is."

Voldemort nodded, "This is true, so why do you defend him?"

"I do not defend him, sir. And if I may speak plainingly, why do you think I would?"

"Do not question me."

Draco looked up in fear as he saw the Dark Lord give her a reproachful glance. He then watched Catherine look up at him ever so Catherine-like.

"I'm so sorry, my lord, if I have offended you in any way. Hopefully you understand that I am nervous in the presence of such a great wizard. It's unnerving."

"It is okay, my child. Do not let it happen again or Young Draco will suffer the consequence of your words."

"Of course, my lord," she said it almost mockingly.

Eventually, the table fell back into silence. Catherine wanted to castrate the man who was watching her so intently. The only solace she was getting from this situation was the comforting smiles of Daphne, who was the only one at the table proud of her outburst. Daphne's family was a very proud pureblood family, but they did not believe in the Dark Lord's manifesto. In fact, Ambrose Greengrass found it repulsive. He just believed that the class system was like any other, and that there were poor people and rich. They didn't need slaves or anything of the sorts.

After dinner, Catherine and the rest of them made their way upstairs. Draco grabbed Catherine's wrist and yanked her into his study.

"You're a bastard, you know that right?"

Draco only looked at her with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, alright? It's not my fault."

"Oh, it's never precious young Draco's fault is it?" she seethed.

"I didn't know he was coming to dinner."

"Whatever."

Catherine flounced onto his couch, and Draco sat next to her. He took her hand into his own before he kissed her forehead.

"He killed him."

"I know."

Catherine sobbed into Draco Malfoy's chest for what felt like hours. He then helped her up and they walked back into the drawing room. Catherine's eyes met Daphne's blue ones that seemed to be lit by a certain fire.

"We're leaving," huffed Draco.

They all flooed back to the Zabini Manor where Daphne dragged Catherine upstairs.

"We have to talk to Potter."

"Why?" Catherine peered at her curiously.

"Look, I don't want my life to be run by some reptilian, sorry excuse for a man. I just want to be a spoiled brat, got it?" hissed Daphne.

"So, you want Potter to defeat him so that we can go back to our lives of money and luxury?"

"Yes."

Catherine surprisingly smiled at her with a bit of mischief in her eyes.

"Very well, we will go talk to Potter."

"Right now?"

"Yes, Daph, now grab your cloak. Gilmore!"

An elf appeared with a worrisome expression.

"Gilmore is here to serve Ms. Collins."

"You are to keep this door firmly locked while we are gone, do you understand?" she snapped.

The elf nodded quickly.

"Thank you," Daphne kindly smiled. The elf nodded with a large smile covering its ragged features.

"Come on, Greengrass."

The girls walked into the fireplace where Catherine grasped the floo powder in her hand.

"If you ever do anything to hurt these people, I will make it my mission to cast the Cruciatus Curse enough times on you that you will go mad, understood?"

Daphne numbly nodded.

"Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place, London!"

Daphne stumbled out of the dilapidated fireplace first. Catherine followed. The girls glanced to the left to see a confused Ginny Weasley.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. Her long red hair was pulled out of her face in a high ponytail that matched her red jumper and tattered trousers.

"Where's your mother?" Catherine asked, ignoring the girl's question.

"I said, what are you doing here?" Ginny's eyes narrowed.

Catherine glared, "Where is your mother?"

"Answer me first."

"Catherine?"
Harry Potter stood in the front of the room with a large, goofy smile pasted to his face. Catherine's heart exploded into butterflies at the sight of it. Sure, sex with Draco was amazing, but she forgot what it felt like to see Harry.

"Harry," she exclaimed.

Catherine pulled him in for a tight embrace and buried her head into the crook of his neck. He eagerly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. They pulled away and just sort of stared at each other for a moment before Daphne awkwardly cleared her throat.

"Right, Harry, you know Daphne Greengrass, right?"

He briefly smiled, "Nice to see you, Greengrass."

"Can't say the feeling is mutual," she smirked back.

"What brings you here? Is everything alright?"

"No, actually, where is Mrs. Weasley or Sirius?"

"They're in the kitchen; we're about to have dinner, would you care to join?"

"Sure, we won't be long, though."

Ginny and Daphne followed after Harry and Catherine. Catherine's heart was swelling back to its normal size as Harry idly chatted about how he found an old family heirloom he wanted to show her. His blue eyes never left hers, even when he nearly plummeted down the stairs. Even if Daphne and Ginny abhorred each other, they both turned and shared a laugh at his expense before awkwardly looking away.

"Mrs. Weasley," Harry greeted. The woman turned around with a motherly smile at the sight of Catherine.

"Hello, Catherine dear, what brings you here? And I see you've brought a friend," she frowned.

"I'm sorry, but we both wish to speak to the Order, that's at least what we've heard it called," Daphne supplied.

"And you are?"

"Daphne Greengrass, ma'am, I'm sorry for the lack of introduction," the Slytherin girl gave a beautiful smile. Not as beautiful as Catherine's, but it was nonetheless beautiful.

Sirius Black and Remus Lupin glanced up from the table at the sight of the girls.

"Professor Lupin," Daphne blushed.

Catherine snickered as she remembered that Daphne had developed quite a crush on Lupin during their third year.

"Hello, Ms. Greengrass," he said with a tired smile.

"You were my favorite defense professor ever," she blurted out.

Lupin chuckled, "Thank you."

"Now, Daphne, what troubles you?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

Daphne was a red mess, and she was in no way able to actually get out an intelligent answer. So, Catherine took the liberty of answering for her.

"Well, we figured we should tell you if we just had dinner with Voldemort."

With that statement, the room went silent.

sorry for the late updates, midterms are a bitch!! will update regularly again this week(: image of malfoy manor as well!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.4K 32 20
With everything that has happened you think Lauretta would be in no shape to return to Hogwarts. But she's a tough one. Heading back for her sixth...
270K 2.8K 19
Hermione granger has it all, or does she? Her boyfriend cheats, her friends forgot her so what does she do. She does what any sensible witch would ha...
53.7K 1.3K 24
Pansy Parkinson isn't the girl you think she is and she's going to use her last year of Hogwarts to prove it. She only has one year to be herself bef...
18.5K 329 13
Katie Rose is a 18 year old Slytherin student in her 4th year of Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry. Upon her time at Hogwarts she's made fr...