Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 14: the obstacle course
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 17: Iida the rocket
Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco
Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
Chapter 26: how to catch a snake
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 19: fallen angel

287 15 6
By yohocopo14

hey hey hey homies! i just watched the most recent ep of haikyuu and can i just say that *clears throat* tsukkishima kei is my favorite dinosaur in the world and u can fuckin FIGHT ME on this thank u for coming to my ted talk :) also the animation was kinda weird but i got a lot of funny low quality pics so we good :D

Enjoy~

~~~~

3rd Person pov(ive been writing in this pov a lot... oops):

Shotō Todoroki has always been a calm, monotone person.

He never liked attracting unnecessary attention. That's why he disliked most of the people in his class, so he had a slight distaste for Katherine Yamada until he was stuck in the landslide zone with her at the USJ. Her control over the situation and ability to get information quickly impressed the Prince Zuko wannabe. He began respecting her to a certain extent, but that did not last long.

As much as Todoroki hated people who caused unnecessary attention, he hated people who had evil, horrible intentions but masked it under a fake persona even more.

People like his trash bag of a father who was among those who had their careful eyes trained upon his figure as he walked out of his tunnel and into the bright light in the arena.

Todoroki's eyes took a minute to adjust, but when they did, he was facing no one. His opponent was running rather late. This made Todoroki's already foul mood even worse.

"O-Oh it seems Katherine is running late... should we wait a few minutes...?" Present Mic's voice questioned through the speakers. The majority of the crowd agreed because they wanted to the a battle between two children of pro heroes and many were already placing bets.

"WAIT STOP I'M HERE I'M HERE I MADE IT!" a loud voice boomed as Katherine sprinted through the opening in her side of the rectangle. She huffed as she waved and bowed profusely, mumbling apologies to the crowd. She then looked at the commentary box and winked and gave a thumbs up at her dad and uncle.

Todoroki sighed knowing that it was going to be a short round.

"Alrighty then, Ready..."

Katherine sprouted her newly healed wings and fluttered them a couple times as she checked to make sure her tiara was still there.

"Set..."

Todoroki thought her tiara was stupid, but he kept that to himself and instead glared in his father's direction.

"GOOOOOO!"

The match began when the two walked carefully towards the center, eyeing each other's movements all the while trying not to create openings. Todoroki impatiently sighed and shoved his hand in front of him. Ice shot at Katherine faster than she could react.

The impact took her all the way back to the edge of the rectangle and Todoroki shot out more ice, but she was ready this time and took off into the bright blue sky.

"Y'know Todoroki-san, we've actually fought before!" She shouted from the air.

He shot her a confused look while squinting his eyes, "Oh really? I'm sorry for embarrassing you."

She flapped her wings and did twirls in the sky from laughing so hard, "Todoroki-san, you losT tO mE-" another fit of laughter hit her mid-sentence.

She then smirked down at him, "Let me remind you how losing feels like, again."

Her laughter was met with a glare, "You're welcome to try, Yamada-san."

A tick mark appeared on her forehead when her last name was spoken, and it got bigger when a arrogant glint in his eyes met her own frustrated eyes. Mumbling about how annoying everyone was being, she dove down back to the ground trying to get a hit on todoroki.

Narrowly dodging his ice, Katherine continued to speed around him until he was almost entirely encased in a giant igloo of his own making. This gave her time to touch down on the dirt of the rectangle and think as he began melting some of the ice.

'Well shit. I barely managed to get some time to think and now I can't even think of anything! Why does the world enjoy laughing at my stupid excuse of a life? This must be hilarious!'

Her thoughts consumed her so much so that she didn't see Todoroki's ice encasing her in ice until she couldn't move, "Damn it, Todoroki-san! I was thinking!" She shot him a harsh glare as she felt her body go numb from the cold.

"Sorry Yamada, but I have to win this, okay?" he said with a corner of his lips curving upward into a small smirk.

"KATHERINE YAMADA IS UNABLE TO MOVE THEREFORE-"

Katherine's anger bubbled from the darkest depths of her soul and she screamed the loudest she's ever screamed before, "I'M NOT DONE YET."

Todoroki's eyebrows furrowed as he saw Katherine fighting to move out of his ice, "There's no point to fight. Just give up."

She ignored his true statements. Then she thought of an idea. The worst, most embarrassing idea in the history of ideas, but it was an idea.

An evil smile grew on her face and she said, "Hey Todoroki-san, can I give you some advice?"

He looked confused, "Uh, sure?"

Her smile widened, "When you look at me, look at my face, not downstairs. Got it?"

His face turned a cute shade of pink, "Wha-"

He didn't get to finished his sentence because at that moment, Katherine poured her energy into transforming her legs into her beautiful tail which is much stronger than the average human's legs.

The ice broke and left a wonderful shower of sparkles into the air as she used her wings to carry her into the air and away from where Todoroki was. She then sat herself down on the dirt and changed her tail into her human legs again.

Todoroki looked up from his shock and saw the girl on the opposite side of the rectangle. Only there was a major difference than before. The bottom half of her tracksuit was ripped to shreds and her bare legs were completely on display. His eyes involuntarily travelled up from her scarred calves to where he could see glimpses of her *cough* no no square *cough* He turned bright red and looked away in embarrassment.

She shivered as a warm gust of air hit her bare legs, so she quickly covered herself with her wings. She looked up at Todoroki to see a complete red mess instead. She grinned and laughed, "I told you not to look down, silly."

His face turned another shade of red as he said, "I didn't realize what you meant..."

The crowd was silent during their exchange until the speakers blared, "PONYO, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING?! THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE HERE AND THERE ARE BOYS, PONYO. BOYS!"

Katherine sent a strange look to the commentary box where her father was waving and losing his mind while Aizawa was silently sending death threats to a few people who were covering their noses from nosebleeds, "Dad, I'm covering myself with my wings and it's not like people are actually going to... look... down there... on purpose...?"

She looked around at the people in the stadium who were stuffing their noses with napkins and basically dropping like flies. Then she had an idea. Another horrible, horrible idea.

She took off the top part of her tracksuit from the cover of her wings and tied it around her waist so it looked like a skirt, leaving her with a sports bra on. She uncovered herself and made jazz hands, "Tada! Problem...fixed?"

She looked around once again to see more people drop like flies and her guardians absolutely losing their marbles in the commentary box.

"Hey, genius!" Shinso called out from the stands, "Just fight him while he doesn't have a chance!"

She blanked, "Oh right."

Katherine focused her attention on the blushing boy who was trying very hard to concentrate on fighting her. Before he could make the first move, she rushed towards him and landed a good kick on the boy's stomach. He went flying a few feet away and Katherine had no hesitation running over again to do more damage, but he was expecting it this time.

She saw the movement of the ice before it came close to her, so she moved out of the way as quickly as she could. However, the ice continued to follow her and it hit her in the ribs. She cried out as the pain from her ribs spread to her arms as he mercilessly kicked her until she was shaking from losing too much blood.

At this point the crowd had forgotten about Katherine's wardrobe malfunction and were horrified at the sight before them.

"Y'know Yamada-san, I thought you were pretty cool at USJ. You handled the situation well and did your best to protect us, so I respected you," he then whispered in her ear, "But then you went berserk. You acted like a villain. No, I take that back, you were a villain."

That hit insecurities she had hidden from the world a long, long time ago, but his words kept bring them back. Those thoughts that made her wish she were dead, that made her wish that she hadn't been born. Those insecurities began to arise from the darkest places in Katherine Yamada's heart and took over her mind as Todoroki continued.

He stepped away and looked at the girl laying on the ground before him, "I mean, look at you. You are laying with practically nothing covering your body and it's like you have no shame. Are you a slut? This is weird because I've never met a villain from this close before!"

He saw the tears forming in her eyes and scoffed, "You seriously think that I don't see through your little act? You're hiding your evil intent from everyone and pretending to be a hero who wants to save people. That's disgusting."

At this point, a few people from class 1-A were shouting at him to finish her and to win. Katherine glared at them from her spot lying in the sand, "I'm not hiding shit, Todoroki-san."

His eyes darkened with murderous intent, "Really?!" his voice dropped dangerously low, "I don't think so, Katherine."

Katherine gathered her strength while he spoke to fling her legs out and trip him. When he hit the floor, she lifted her leg and delivered a swift kick to the gut.

Todoroki gasped and coughed. She snickered a little and spoke in clear voice, "I am my father's daughter. I am not one to fall so easily, Todoroki."

He went silent and dusted himself off after picking himself off the floor. He nudged his foot to Katherine's side and she screamed in pain, "Katherine, you're not fooling anyone. We all know you're hiding something, you messed up villain."

She felt herself breaking. His words were exactly what she feared from other people. He was proving what was wrong with her. He was proving everything she thought. Tears rolled down her dirty cheeks.

"You don't deserve to be a hero."

Her world shattered as a huge silence fell across the arena. The crowd had nothing to say and the pro heroes were just too shocked to see what was unfolding. Aizawa and Present Mic however were livid, but they couldn't bring themselves to say anything because they didn't know what to say.

Then, like a ray of sunshine, Izuku's voice called out into the silence, "Katherine!" his eyes pleading with the girl to fight her mind and the opponent in front of her.

She closed her eyes and opened them. Her eyes were glimmering from the tears she had shed, "I don't care if you think I am not worthy."

She slowly got up, flinching from the pain in her body, "I do not care if you believe I have bad intentions."

Todoroki's eyes widened as her pure white wings turned a brilliant shade of ash grey as they sagged at her sides. The crowd looked upon the horrific sight and saw not a crying girl, but a fallen angel.

"I do not care if you think I am a slut or a disgrace to the Yamada name," she said as her voice wavered from the lump forming in her throat, "I do not care if you or anyone else thinks that I have not poured my entire being into saving people."

She looked up from her kneeling position on the stadium floor and smiled softly with tears rolling uncontrollably, "I don't want to become a hero to please you or any other people who decide they want nothing to do with me."

She looked up at the clouds forming in the sky and then at the commentary box where she could vaguely see her dad crying. She looked at her awed classmates and a proud but worried Shinso and Izuku.

She looked back at Todoroki's confused face and said, though her body was weary, her voice was breaking, and her eyes could only open half way. She said, "I want to become a hero, so I can save the people who need saving. I want to become a hero because I want to spread joy more than anything in the world. I want to be a hero for those who can't help themselves."

She looked upon the frozen boy with steeled eyes and a newfound determination, "And I will do everything in my power to make that into a reality."

Before anyone knew what was happening, Katherine began singing. No one knew the song and neither did she. It just felt like home. It flowed from her all the way to the furthest seats in the stadium.

Everyone was confused until she spoke, "Todoroki, I want you to help me up."

The crowd paused, the two men inside the commentator booth paused and the students paused as they watched Todoroki reply with a short, "Yes ma'am." and helped her up.

Katherine felt the confusion from the people in the audience and her loud voice boomed throughout the arena, "I have used a part of my quirk that I normally don't use much in front of people, so please don't be too surprised."

Murmuring could be heard, but Katherine expected this, so she continued doing what she was doing, "Todoroki-san, please tell Midnight that you forfeit."

He nodded and many people gasped when he said, "I forfeit."

Midnight nodded in confusion and raised the microphone to her lips and screamed, "Katherine Yamada moves to the next round!"

There were a few cheers, but most were silent as the girl released her hold on Todoroki and he awakened only to see Katherine limping into her tunnel holding her tiara in one hand and into the darkness where she could hide from the stares of the judgmental people of Japan.

~~~~

Wowie that was intense aF... anyways hopefully it was good! i tried my best to make things interesting. i also want to take a second to explain todoroki's actions. his father is a pro hero who abused him and his siblings, but pretended to be an amazing hero in public. this is what he thinks of katherine to a certain extent.

thats all imma say for now bc i have school tm and i should be asleep rn but im stupid and wrote 2000+ words :/

I ALSO DID NOT EDIT THIS IM TIRED SORRY Y'ALL IF IT SOUNDS WEIRD PLEASE FORGIVE ME :3

sweet dreams(or good night or idk good afternoon wtv im done),

cath <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

749K 28.1K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
299K 9.1K 37
----------------------------- "Do you love me? It doesn't matter, anyways. You're mine." -------------- Y/N, a class 1-A student attending UA academy...
205 2 12
First, there was ice. Pained followed. This is how it has always been. But when you're hurt and alone, will anyone come to help, despite all your mi...
2.1K 112 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...