Don't Move (dm.hp)

By dracosbabygrl

⍟muggle au ⍟ Draco has had a difficult past, to say the least. Raised by a mobster and an absent mother. Coer... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N

S I X

3.1K 112 92
By dracosbabygrl

"Oh, Harry Potter! I've never met someone hotter!" Draco sang, banging out an upbeat tune on the piano. "Oh, Harry! Lips red as a cherry, what I would give for one kiss, that would fill me with bliss..."

Clearly, Draco was thrilled with this new advancement in their relationship. He had been playing the piano for days, coming up with silly songs professing his admiration for Harry Potter. He sketched him even more frequently, scrawled 'Draco Potter' on the pages, surrounding images of Harry's face with tiny hearts. He had no idea what had overcome him. He felt 15, deeply infatuated with this man with next to no information about him. He knew that Harry was around his age, 23 or so, his father was a cop as well, and that he liked milk and sugar in his tea. Well, that was better than knowing nothing at all.

Draco had power cleaned the entire Manor, remembered Harry's unpleasant attitude towards the dusty piano. Yes, the entire Manor. It took about a day and a half, three hours of that he spent looking for the cleaning supplies and trying to figure out what each product was used for. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears but finally the Manor was impeccably clean, Draco could practically see his reflection on the marble countertops. He felt very proud and accomplished.

He finished his song, feeling quite silly. He decided to go wash up the handful of dishes in the sink, as he wanted to keep on top of the cleanliness of the Manor. Through the window above the sink, Draco watched as the familiar black SUV came up the driveway. The butterflies in his stomach were having an absolute party as he dried his hands and went to meet Harry at the door.

Potter stood at the bottom of the steps. He was wearing regular clothes, dark jeans and a faded red sweatshirt. It seemed as though he was off duty.

"Harry?" Draco said tentatively.

"Malfoy, hi. I got off work early and I was wondering if you, um, needed to go to the store or anything like that?" Harry shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked on his heels.

"Taking me out when you're off work? What if I try to run away?" Draco asked with a smirk. Harry lifted the hem of his sweatshirt to reveal his badge and what looked like a taser. "Ah. Alright then, never mind. Looks like I'll have to save being a fugitive for another time."

Harry laughed. Actually laughed. It was a deep, rumbling laugh that came from his chest. It was the most beautiful thing Draco had ever heard.

"Sounds good. So, do you need anything?" Harry looked up at the blonde with raised eyebrows.

"I mean, I'm only out of milk, and I just use that for tea. I feel like I'll be okay..." Draco didn't want to seem desperate for a chance to spend time with Harry. Even though he was. Very, very desperate.

"We could go get some, maybe come back here? Have tea again? Or coffee, or anything, it is your house I suppose."

Draco's mind was reeling. What was this? What game was Harry playing? Where did the angry, gruff, no bullshit Harry go?

"Sure, sure. We can do that. Let me grab my things." Draco answered cautiously. He got his jacket, keys and wallet in a matter of seconds, then followed Harry to the vehicle. He hopped into the passenger seat and turned to Harry with a grin. Regardless of their dynamic, Draco enjoyed spending time with him. Even more so now, since the officer had decided to go a bit easier on him. Harry opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by his cellphone ringing. He looked at the caller ID and turned to Draco with apologetic eyes.

"Hang tight for a second, Malfoy. I've got to take this." Harry got out of the vehicle and closed the door. Every now and then Draco could make out what he was saying.

"Yeah, work is fine, 'Mione... 8? Sure... Ron be there?... Malfoy, yeah...Actually with him now... It's fine... Charming, really... No, I won't!... Hermione!... Totally inappropriate... I could never... A criminal, 'Mione!... Sure...Love you too, bye."

Harry got back into the drivers seat, looking frustrated. He ran a hand over his face and groaned.

"Girlfriend problems?" Draco asked, trying to mask the heartbreak slowly seeping into his voice.

"Girlfriend?" Harry laughed. "God, no. Just one of my best friends, known each other since elementary school."

"Oh, okay. Cool." Draco sighed, relief washing over him. No girlfriend, no problems. Draco still had a shot.

•••

The pair stood in line at the checkout, a jug of milk in Draco's arms. This felt so couple-ish, with Harry in civilian clothes. Draco could feel people's eyes on them, perhaps the regulars at the grocery store were surprised to see him "unsupervised".

"Just this for you, hun?" The middle aged woman working the till asked. She pointedly looked at the jug in Draco's arms, and then to the growing lineup behind him.

"Oh! Yes, it is, thank you." Draco hurriedly set the milk down for her to scan. He pulled his wallet out of his pocket and looked for the credit card he wanted to use.

"I've got it." Harry said, reaching across Draco and tapping his card on the machine. "After all, I'm the one who suggested it."

Draco's cheeks felt flaming hot and he seemed to have forgotten how to speak. He nodded awkwardly.

"Thank you." He mumbled. Harry placed a hand on the small of Draco's back and guided him out of the store.

They didn't speak the entire drive back to the Manor. Draco was too bewildered and felt really very shy at the moment. And Harry, well, who knows what was going on with Harry. His mouth was set in a hard line and his eyes never left the road.

Harry seemed to relax slightly once they were inside.

"Sit." He told Draco, casually pointing to the kitchen table. "I'll do it. Coffee or tea?"

"Tea, please." Draco squeaked. He stared at Harry with wide eyes as the raven haired man made his way round the kitchen, finding everything he needed without any trouble. Draco was surprised at first, before remembering that Harry had searched through the drawers and cupboards before.

Harry shuffled towards the table, his tongue poking out slight as he focused on not spilling their hot drinks.

"So..." Draco began. He hated small talk. "Has work been busy?"

"Not in the way I'd like it to be." Harry said with a sigh. "I mostly do other people's paperwork, finish up their files and such. Coming here is the most exciting part of the week."

Draco felt himself fill with pride. Harry found him exciting.

"How much longer are you doing these... rookie tasks, you called it?"

"Probably for the rest of the year. It's sort of annoying, considering my dad was their boss not so long ago. I shouldn't be expecting special treatment though, I guess."

"Your dad's retired now?" Draco placed his chin in his hand, looking at Harry intently.

"Um, no. No, he's not retired." Harry cleared his throat and avoided Draco's gaze. "He's, uh, he's dead."

Neither of them spoke for a few moments.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Harry." Draco said softly. "What happened? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"Tom Riddle happened." Harry snapped, his demeanour changing instantly. Draco felt his heart drop to his stomach. He felt very nervous, uneasy.

"Oh." Was all he could say.

"Dad was investigating him and his inner circle. He got a little bit too close, I guess." Harry's voice was shaky. "They came to our house one night... I was still in school, living with them. Found him and mom when I came home from a party."

"Harry, I'm so sorry. I... I don't know what to say."

"I should've been there. I should've been home. Maybe that would've made a difference, I could've helped them. Saved mom, at least." Harry's eyes welled with tears. "That's why I was so hard on you."

"My father... He was there, wasn't he?" Draco's heart pounded and his chest felt tight.

"Yes." Harry said quietly. "My parent's murder is one of the charges keeping him in prison, for life."

"Why are you here, then? Being friendly, I mean." Draco asked incredulously.

"I accepted this job, keeping tabs on you, because I wanted to see you in person. I wanted to see this mansion, that housed one of my parent's killers." Harry's voice was hard but his eyes were gentle.

"Oh."

"And then I met you. I read your file about a thousand times, and I came to the conclusion that you are not like your father. You didn't have a choice." Harry stared at the mug cradled in his hands. "You're good, Draco. I can see that now."

Draco didn't know what to say. He felt as though he could break down in tears. Too scared to even try to speak, he reached across the table and placed his hand on Harry's. For a moment, it felt warm and comfortable and right. Then, as though a switch had flipped, Harry pulled away and stood swiftly.

"I should go." He said quickly. And then he was gone.

Draco watched him drive away through the window. Only once Harry was out of sight did Draco allow himself to cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 635 12
Bottom Draco/Top Harry Bottom Harry/Top Draco (Some stories have one or the other it will be put in the title.) Note: I haven't watched or read Har...
117K 1K 9
Draco just wants be treated like he's nothing. He wants to endure punishment for being a filthy whore whilst on his knees, begging for it. Harry is t...
Inevitable By MJ

Fanfiction

267K 11K 25
After the war, Harry Potter becomes a talented Senior Auror with a penchant for injury in defense of his colleagues. Draco Malfoy leaves the country...
182K 3.5K 32
DRARRY •Set in eighth year •There are still some Instagram chapters but it's mainly real life chapters •There is smut although there is warnings •...