Goddess of Trouble

By Rosielo12

"You're a psychopath" "I prefer the term creative" After ending up on the wrong side of law. Aphy finds herse... More

Author's Note + Characters
Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
NEW BOOK

Chapter 19

2.1K 61 23
By Rosielo12

"The wolf inside is breaking free"

12AM
And her mind wanders. She tends to think about something that's happened 5 years ago, or something that's happened 2 hours ago, or something that could happen 10 years from now. Her mind is like a hurricane, it's a wreck. It's full of beautiful thoughts yet awful thoughts. It's 1Am and her mind continues to wonder.

Sat in her bedroom. Lola and Willow were engaged in a deep conversation. Aphy was quiet drowning in her thoughts. She had a plan. It was reckless. Wild. Dangerous. The mere thought sent a sinister smirk to alight the girls face.
"Aphy" Lola snapped her out of her mind.
"Uhh sorry" Aphy stammered.
"I said, do you love him?" Lola questioned curiously. It was no doubt they were talking about Kato.
"Yes" Aphy spoke.
"How do you know?" Now the ginger girl intervened.
"Because seeing him smile is the only thing I ever want to see. Even if it is not because of me" she spoke leaning into the girls like it was a huge secret something so close to her heart. You don't just 'catch' a girl like that. If you are lucky enough to have her, it's because she let you. Remember that. She walks with moon dust and stars sprinkled in her hair.

Aphy felt the need to see her brother. She had no idea she she would ever see him again. Making her way over to the care home a feeling of dread grew in her chest. Something wasn't right. Hurrying her way to the home, she ran to her brothers door in panic. Slamming the door open, the sight before her made her sick to her stomach.
Walking up to his empty room, a envelope placed across his bed.

Dear Aphy,
We brought him back. He had to be here to train. He is going to be the king.

She knew this was exactly what was going to happen. The mere words drove anger to rise up. Aphy's blood boiled within her veins looking for relief. They wanted a monster so she decided to give them one. She's a falling star burning in the night. She's the shimmer on the water in the river of moonlight. She had a mindset of a queen and a heart of a warrior. She is everything all at once and too much for anyone who doesn't deserve her. She was going to take her father down.
She is Cynthia Aphrodite Kokkinos.
And a wolf will never be a pet.
May God have mercy on her enemies.
Cause she won't.

Sitting at lunch everyone was in there own little thoughts. However, Aphy felt an absence. Finley. It's been 3 days she hasn't seen Finley around and that thought worried her. Something just didn't feel right.
"Evan" Aphy spoke gently.
Evan nodded to the girl to continue.
"Where's Fin?" She asked with a tilt of her head.
"Oh. It's just been hard for him lately."
The answer sent Aphy to become anxious.

Scooping up the last bit of her sandwich she hurried up the stairs to Finley's room.
Knocking on the door she was met with an annoyed grunt.
"Go away Evan" the husky voice of Finley calmed the girls anxiety. His voice was clogged like he had just woken up. Ignoring the command from the boy she twisted the knob entering the room.

"Hey" Aphy spoke cautiously.
Finley looked up in surprise a unknown glint appearing in his pupils.
"Aphy" he spoke breathlessly.
Aphy nodded before walking up to the boy checking his temperature from the back of her hand. The small smooth skin contrasted to him rough one. The action sent Finley to a frenzy. This was risky. He just couldn't help it. After all you don't choose who you fall in love with.
She sighed a breath of relief.
"Your not sick" she spoke in disbelief.
"What's happened?" She asked with warm eyes.
"Your dad"
"He's threatening to kill my parents"

"What are you thinking?" Finley questioned with a narrowed gaze.
"We're just kids, we aren't supposed to be heroes. You can't save everyone!" Finley yelled frustratingly.
"I can try!" She yelled back with equal fire.
Finley walked towards the girl with determination. Holding her shoulders with both hands. He moved his face closer towards the girl looking into her eyes. He stared at her beautiful green orbs. Filled with passion and fire. Finley breathed out deeply in silent awe of this goddess. Cupping her face he stared at her.

"Then we fight, together"

Placing the mask on her face, she really looked at herself in the mirror. She was dressed for the mask ball. A perfect disguise. This was the danger in her plan. It was either the easy way or the hard way. We know life is never easy; so the hard way it is then. Strapping the knife to her thighs she covered them with the silk of her dress. She was ready. Waking up to her door. She stopped with a breath. Whispering a small prayer under her breath she continued making her way out of the house. Sneaking out of the house had become one of her specialities her black silk dress flowing behind her.

Arriving to the hall, Aphy breathed out calmly. This was it. Strolling inside the ballroom, her sudden appearance had quitened down the crowds. Only the soft music was playing in the background. So much for keeping in the low. But that was not what Aphy was made for. She was a queen. She acquired attention. Even though the crowds didn't know who it was the mere aura and the divine beauty of the girl captured their attention.

Arriving to the corner of the room with a champagne in her hands she observed her surrounding. Skimming across the room her eyes zeroed on her target. But Aphy didn't move; she waited in her spot. She was a temptress people desired and craved her. Her existence was that of power and beauty; she could have anyone begging on their knees.

Her target stared at Aphy following the length of the dress across her body. After the initial shock of her irresistible looks he made his way up to the girl. Glancing at her target walking up to her she help in a smirk. This was too easy.
"Hello beautiful" he spoke with a slight accent.
This man couldn't have been that old, must be the same age as Evan. He wore a suit and tie looking like he were about to run for a meeting at any second.
"Hi" she mumbled looking at him uninterested.
This was a game to her. It was all to familiar. But she loved to add her own little twist.
"What's your name, little lady?" He asked standing next to her in the corner.
"Lily" she replied continuing looking at the crowds of people.
The man followed her gaze ending at people laughing and smiling together.
"You haven't told me yours" she whispered softly. The man looked back at her face with a soft glint. Aphy had this power she made lots of men soft for her. She was alluring.
"It's Ben" he said moving her chin to his direction he let his eyes wonder over her features.
"Your beautiful" he spoke with a roughness.
Aphy smiled in return.
"Do you want to dance?" She asked him placing her small hands into his much larger ones. This small gesture made Ben gazed at the girl with mystery. Who was she? And most importantly how on earth did she end up in a place like this?

Dragging the man over to the dance floor. A slow music started playing. Just in time, Aphy sighed. Looping her arms around the mans neck he gently placed his right on her waist. Aphy was a little surprise at his gentleness and respect. It wasn't everyday you met a man like that. Both of them started moving slowly to the beat of the song. Aphy couldn't stare at his face, she felt horrible. So she looked around avoiding the deep eye contact from the side of her head. After the song had finished Ben walked Aphy up to the bar. He placed an order for some cocktails for the two. Sitting on the high stools, Aphy smiled at Ben narrating a story from his childhood. She grabbed his face in her hands before placing a small, slight peck on his lips. It was soft and innocent but the contact was like a tease. Fiery and passionate; Ben wanted more.

Sipping on their drinks, the man became slightly drowsy. Internally smiling at the sight she led Ben out off the ballroom to his office. Which Aphy knew exactly where it was located. Gently placing him on his office chair, the girl began her search for the documents. Making her way through the file cabinet, Aphy huffed out annoyedly. She couldn't find it. Of course it wouldn't have been there If the documents were so important. Moving to the desk, she hurried her way through piles of pictures. A certain picture captured her attention. It was off her. She was waking a long the pavement by herself. So it was true. They were really looking for her. Beneath the picture a document with a warning label grabbed the troublemakers attention. Snatching the document a bright smile loomed her face she done it. Quickly taking a picture of it. She held it tightly in her hands.

"Lily" Ben's voice called out for her. His voice was soft and vulnerable. Now this was the hard part. Walking up to the man she sat on top of his lap. She reached up her mask before slipping it off her face. An inaudible gasp let Ben's mouth.
"Aphrodite" he was shocked beyond belief.
"Hi" Aphy mumble with a soft smile.
"I need your help" she stated.
"I need HELL's help" she repeated.

Standing up from her seat a cold chuckle left the mans lips.
"Why would we help you?" He sneered contrasting his soft voice from earlier.
"Because of this" she said waving the documents in the air.
Ben froze in position.
"I swear to God if you don't help me I'll send these to my dad. Then you guys are dead for sure" she said her eyes narrowed in on the man. Of course she deep down wouldn't do that; she respects anyone defying her father.
"You wouldn't" he replied with venom.
"I love it when a man tells me what to do"
"I won't listen, I just love how it sounds"
She laughed at him before her face turned emotionless within a blink.
"You guys followed me, you killed Elliot, tried to kill Andres. So watch me"
The greatest women of all; was the one who refused to rely on anyone's sword to save her. Because she carries her own.
"Okay, I know you want us to fight. But I have a condition"
Aphy raised her eyebrows.

"If we win, We want you to be our queen"

Walking into her bedroom, The door slammed shut with a loud crash. The light flicked on temporarily blinding the girl. A very angry Kato stood in her line vision. He leaned on the wall with his arm crossed in disappointment and pure anger at the goddess. His eyes roamed her body with desbeleif.
"Where the fuck were you!" He raised his voice. His hands were clenched tightly. His body shook with the redness consuming him. He couldn't take it.
"I had to do something" she stated calmly.
He marched up to the girl before slamming her into the wall. His arms trapped her in place with his tall body blocking her.
"We're you go, I go" he growled out with powerful before claiming her lips, with a rough and passionate kiss.
Kissing the person she deeply truly wanted. What a drug. There was nothing else quite like it. Fireworks flashed on the back of her eyelids and the drums bang! Bang! In her chest. Her whole body fell into it, heaving and holy, her soul crying out in glorious triumph.
"What's going to happen to us?" She whispered vulnerably a tear slipped down her flushed cheeks.

"I don't know what's going to happen to us. I cannot read stars or converse with The Fates but I do know this; I'm all in. Here and now. Until I'm dead in the dirt. No matter how difficult it gets, or how desperately the world tries to tear us apart, I'll be yours" he spoke caressing her face. Aphy leant into his hands. There foreheads attached.
"And it's your love that I crave, every moment. Every hour. Everyday. I'm going to love you all the way to the end. I'm in. All in" she replied breathlessly. They stared into one another's eyes. Millions of emotions pouring out between them.

A sob slipped out of the girls mouth.
"I hope with every bone, in my body, that'll it'll be us. In the end" she cried out in fear.
"Hey hey" he calmed the girl rubbing circles across her cheeks.
"You have me. Until every star in this galaxy dies. You have me" he emphasised slowly looking into her deep green orbs glowing with her tears.
A conflicting look filled her features. Kato recognised the hesitance from the troublemaker.
"It is you. It is fucking you. I cannot describe it anymore, it's you. You are the only one I will ever want. I belong with you. You are my home. I look at you, and I somehow see 50 years from now on the front porch of some old house in the middle of nowhere and we're together"
He exclaimed grabbing onto the girls shoulders.
"I need you, you are the only thing that matters. You are my good"
"And maybe in another life I loved you and I promised you that I would find you, somewhere on the other side. Or maybe you've always been in my subconscious. Nudging me this way and pulling me that way until I find you. I don't know. But I do know I've felt you more than one life should allow"

They found each other in this crazy and messed up and beautiful world because they belonged together. They belong in each other's arms and were connected by more than love; by more than commitment; by more than even fate itself. For the simple reason that his presence is the only thing that she will ever truly want.

Bringing his lips closer to the girls. He whispered as his lips brushed across hers softly.

"We're in this, together"

And she prayed with every cell in her body for him to be her happily ever after. But that only happens in fairytales. This was no fairytale.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 163 58
"He Sat Fire To The World Around Himself but He Never Let a Flame Touch Her..." Unknown. He always protects what he loves, and she never noticed him...
4.6K 169 41
"You are my first love that have brought this empty shell of my heart back to life. You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have." - The...
314K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
115 2 9
She is a Mafia Bosses daughter and a total badass He is a normal online college student and very Innocent. Do I need to say more? ...