Chapter 19

"The wolf inside is breaking free"

12AM
And her mind wanders. She tends to think about something that's happened 5 years ago, or something that's happened 2 hours ago, or something that could happen 10 years from now. Her mind is like a hurricane, it's a wreck. It's full of beautiful thoughts yet awful thoughts. It's 1Am and her mind continues to wonder.

Sat in her bedroom. Lola and Willow were engaged in a deep conversation. Aphy was quiet drowning in her thoughts. She had a plan. It was reckless. Wild. Dangerous. The mere thought sent a sinister smirk to alight the girls face.
"Aphy" Lola snapped her out of her mind.
"Uhh sorry" Aphy stammered.
"I said, do you love him?" Lola questioned curiously. It was no doubt they were talking about Kato.
"Yes" Aphy spoke.
"How do you know?" Now the ginger girl intervened.
"Because seeing him smile is the only thing I ever want to see. Even if it is not because of me" she spoke leaning into the girls like it was a huge secret something so close to her heart. You don't just 'catch' a girl like that. If you are lucky enough to have her, it's because she let you. Remember that. She walks with moon dust and stars sprinkled in her hair.

 She walks with moon dust and stars sprinkled in her hair

Aphy felt the need to see her brother. She had no idea she she would ever see him again. Making her way over to the care home a feeling of dread grew in her chest. Something wasn't right. Hurrying her way to the home, she ran to her brothers door in panic. Slamming the door open, the sight before her made her sick to her stomach.
Walking up to his empty room, a envelope placed across his bed.

Dear Aphy,
We brought him back. He had to be here to train. He is going to be the king.

She knew this was exactly what was going to happen. The mere words drove anger to rise up. Aphy's blood boiled within her veins looking for relief. They wanted a monster so she decided to give them one. She's a falling star burning in the night. She's the shimmer on the water in the river of moonlight. She had a mindset of a queen and a heart of a warrior. She is everything all at once and too much for anyone who doesn't deserve her. She was going to take her father down.
She is Cynthia Aphrodite Kokkinos.
And a wolf will never be a pet.
May God have mercy on her enemies.
Cause she won't.

Sitting at lunch everyone was in there own little thoughts. However, Aphy felt an absence. Finley. It's been 3 days she hasn't seen Finley around and that thought worried her. Something just didn't feel right.
"Evan" Aphy spoke gently.
Evan nodded to the girl to continue.
"Where's Fin?" She asked with a tilt of her head.
"Oh. It's just been hard for him lately."
The answer sent Aphy to become anxious.

Scooping up the last bit of her sandwich she hurried up the stairs to Finley's room.
Knocking on the door she was met with an annoyed grunt.
"Go away Evan" the husky voice of Finley calmed the girls anxiety. His voice was clogged like he had just woken up. Ignoring the command from the boy she twisted the knob entering the room.