The Return Of Rebel

Por freakypizza18

Meet Tina Mehta an Indian girl studied in USA returns back to home town after 4 years and after 2.5 years fat... Mais

Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15 (Part 1)
Chapter:15 (Part 2)
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter:23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Chapter:36
Chapter: 37
Chapter:38
Chapter:39
Chapter:40
Chapter:41
Chapter:43
Chapter: 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter:42

20 2 0
Por freakypizza18

“This is all you need? I guess you should pack one more dress”. Tess said.

“No, Tess I have my other dresses there too so chill even if I even need something from here you can always mail me, right?” I said, but more like asked.

“Of course, I will. You know I will miss you so much”. She said with teary eyes.

“I will miss you too. But remember I am just going to return within seven months”. I told her.

She nodded her head indicating a yes.

Confused? As to what we are talking about? So, let me clear your confusion for you. It was been a week we returned back to New York after my best friend Seema’s wedding and just after a day we came back as to start with our work and we were informed by Michelle that we got to transfer back to India after a week because everything was going haywire without the top level management authority in the company so as to reduce the confusion and havoc we were moving to India sooner than we expected.

As for our stay we decided to rent a place near my mum’s home so that we won’t have any issue but for a week or two we might be just staying at my parents’ house because we are yet to search for our own home.

“Shortie, Tess?” Tyler came to my room searching us.

“Yes?” We both asked at the same time.

“Did you pack everything you need?” He asked.

He sounded so sad I knew he was going to miss his twin and his best friend more like brother from another mother but he was trying to act all cool.

“Yup”. I responded.

“Okay, out them near the door and we can just leave now Tyson is already in the car”. He said.

“Okay”. Tess said.

We decided to have our dinner together at our favourite restaurant as it was our last night here, it wasn’t fancy but more like fast food chain so we all had dressed casually and I looked at myself for one last time before slipping my feet in my shoes.

“Ready to go!” I exclaimed, trying to be a bit enthusiastic but we all knew deep down inside we are going to miss each other like hell.

We all reached to the place we were going to have our dinner and ordered a large family meal which included three bean salad, soup, guacamole, pizzas, spaghetti, soft drinks and finally for dessert we ordered brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Oh I know it is a large feast and we have an early flight tomorrow it may make us sick but trust me we are like pigs no amount of food can make us sick even if we are travelling so we are fine. After dinner we called an early night because as I said early flight.

So now it was like a child’s play for me at the airport I am not nervous at the airport and stuff it almost pretty much regular thing for me now due to all the flights I have taken to and fro from India to NYC and NYC to India it was like using vending machine to get a snack.

I know that was a weird analogy but bear with me.

***
It was three days after my return to India though we were told or to be précised ordered by Michelle and Maddison to rest for a day before joining the work back but we started the next day itself which actually made them furious but due to an emergency we were required Tyler flexed on the topic about work always comes first.

So the day I returned to work people around me were shell shocked at my arrival though they got accustomed to my presence pretty quickly I even greeted everyone and they welcomed me with the same warmth. Even Aadil was shocked seeing me after explaining everyone about the setting and people got back to work together.

Currently, it was my third day at office and me and Tyler are already under a lot of work pressure as this office didn’t have any top level management authority to handle the things.

I was so engrossed that the knock on the door of my cabin made me jump but it was like for a second and I got back to work thinking it might be just a office staff.

“Yes?” I said without looking up from the files I was currently reading.

Someone cleared the throat grabbing my attention and saw my fiancé standing in front of me.

“Ty, you know you don’t have to knock at my cabin’s door but anyway did you eat anything?” I asked and put the file aside and giving my full attention to him.

“I can ask you the same thing”. He said and arched his eyebrow.

“Um—no?” I said honestly.

“So get up we are having lunch”. He said and arranged the files that were on my table in an order and took my hand.

“I am not hungry”. I said.

“Uh uh young lady we aren’t discussing that because you are not starving yourself for work plus we are already late and it is more like snack as it is already 5:35 in the evening. So get up we are having lunch”. He said more like ordered.

I just grunted and got up and grabbed my small hand bag with me.

We reached down at the ground floor and the guard opened the door for us.

“Thank you”. I said and smiled at him to which he just nodded his head in response with a smile.

Currently we got some Mac Donalds from the drive-thru and had parked the car at the side of the road. Since, Tyler didn’t knew to drive in India I was driving us around also I do have an unexpired license so I ain’t driving without a license.

“Oh God! Shortie, you got to stop starving yourself for work. You tend to do a lot”. He complained.

“I am sorry but to be honest I just cannot think of anything else when there’s a lot of things pending in front of my eyes”. I said with a pout.

“You got to stop that though”. He said.

“Okay fine I won’t and I’m sorry. By the way when are we going house hunting?” I asked.

“How about Saturday evening and Sunday morning? Than after that we can treat ourselves and you can show me around and than we can have a nice junk food treat”. He suggested.

“Sounds like a plan, Mr. Clarke”. I said with a wink.

“Oh yeah, it’s a date than”. He said.

“Sure! And I will just ask my dad to book an appointment for us with an agent for Saturday evening and Sunday morning”. I said.

“Cool”. He said agreeing to me.

I fished my phone and texted my dad about our arrangement and he said that he will book an appointment for us and told him to instruct the agent to show us the houses near their house that is my parents' house.

“I texted him and he said okay he will do for us”. I informed my fiancé.

He nodded his head in a yes as he was chewing his food. He quickly gulped his bite and sighed.

“I’m still starving”. He said.

“Me too”. I said.

I looked outside and saw a franky (a roll which has a potato stuffing along with some cabbage and onions and with our choice of stuffing like cottage cheese, noodles and sauces) stall which made me smile instantly as franky is one of my favourite street food.

“Give me ten minutes I will be back”. I told him, getting out of the car.

“Where are you going?” He asked confused.

“To get you food”. I said.

“Okay”. He said.

I went to the vendor and ordered two paneer (cottage cheese) franky and made sure that Tyler’s franky isn’t very spicy. He likes spicy food but he just cannot handle Indian level of spiciness.

I got my order within seven minutes and went back to the car.

When Tyler saw me coming towards the car he quickly opened the door of the driver’s seat so that I can get in. I passed him his roll and he took a bite.

“So how’s it?” I asked.

“It is so scrumptious”. He said while chewing on his bite.

“That is why it is my favourite”. I said and took a bite.

“By the way, I hope yours isn’t very spicy”. I said while chewing.

I know it is bad manners to talk while chewing but I couldn’t help it and ask him because I don’t want him to suffer because of spiciness.

“No, it is perfect amount of spicy”. He said.

We had our food in silence and than we returned back to office in an hour back to the reality of work.

It was around 11 when Tyler walked inside my cabin.

“Ms. Mehta, you can complete this tomorrow it is 11 already”. He said.

“Just a second, I just need to send this mail and than we can leave”. I said while typing on my laptop.

“Okay”. He said and sat on a chair which in the opposite side of me.

I quickly finished the mail and hit the send button and sighed.

“Okay, I am done! Let’s go”. I said and put the messy pile of files on my work table into a proper order.

We both got in the car and I started to get it out of the parking lot when my phone started to ring and saw it was Tess’s call.

“Ty, pick my phone it’s Tess”. I said my eyes on the road.

He picked up the call.

“Hey! Where are you both going? Date night?” She asked.

“You guys are already going on dates, huh?” Tyson teased.

“Alas! We are going back home”. She said with a sigh.

“Oh why? It is so late I mean it is—” she said and paused for two or three seconds and said, “It is almost after 11 pm why were you working so late?”

“Oh after Christin left everything went haywire and there wasn’t any documentation plus other legal things which needed our attention so yeah that explains why are we late”. He said.

“Why isn’t Tia saying anything? Is she okay?” Tess asked, her voice was laced with concern.

“Oh yeah is she sick? She is the one who can never get tired of talking”. He said.

“Oh guys! I know how much you miss me and Tyson I heard that and yes I am tired but not of talking but of work and I was driving so you know I needed my attention there”. I said when I stopped at a red signal.

“Oh you know how to drive I didn’t knew that! You never drove here”. He said.

“Because I don’t know how to drive at that side of the country because I have a valid license for India plus I only know how to drive Indian cars”. I said.

“Okay, got ya! Once you come back we are sure as hell teaching you to drive here so that you don’t have to be dependent”. He informed.

“Yes, Sir!” I told him with a laugh.

“By the way, did you eat?” I asked them.

“Yeah, we are waiting for our order so we thought to call you thinking you might’ve finished with your dinner and would have been chilling but surely you both aren’t. So, we both take your leave our food has arrived already and you both spend some time together”. She said.

“Bon appetite! And bye I miss you both”. I said.

“Yes! Bon appetite! And bye and I miss my sis because Tyson we ain’t doing a mushy I miss you thing”. He said.

“Yeah bro, whatever”. He said with a laugh. “Bye”.

“Bye”. We both said at the same time.
Even if it was after 11pm almost 11:30 in the night the roads of Mumbai were jam packed with traffic and it took a 45 minutes ride an hour.

On our way we took a take out from a 24-Hour take out place and Tyler messaged my sister that we had our dinner out and we would be getting home late even before I could’ve told him to do so.

It was midnight when we reached home and I opened the door with the spare key I had with me and entered my parents' home since we stayed with them until we find our own house.

We stumbled to my room with the food packets in his hand and quickly changed into the comfort pajamas and had our dinner. It was more like force feeding rather than eating willingly.

After dinner I put the trash into the bin where Tyler made bed for both of us and we just laid there in a comfortable silence his one arm snaked around me and my hand on his heart which was beating evenly and I don’t know when the sleep engulfed me.

***
Hey guys!
Look who posted two chapters consecutively after disappearing two a week straight! Oh yeah it's ME! I hope you guys like it and I know it is like a really small update and I am sorry that but the things I have planned further needed a separate chapter or else it would've being a stretch and I didn't wanted to look like that so that explains two small chapters. I think my next update would be a smaller one too and mostly I would be finishing this book in three more chapters if I don't add anything and I have even planned an epilogue too.

Please do vote and comment it means a lot to me.
Thank you,
Bye:)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

32.1K 1.4K 68
The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. ________________________________ It's a story of two ch...
28K 1.7K 48
Mom, dad I'm finally back to this country. To the place that took my everything from me. I don't know how I'm gonna face all the upcoming challenges...
Meet Me in the Middle Por Aish

Ficção Adolescente

574 42 31
Sometimes, life can surprise you. Even if it takes longer than you thought. For Ayesha, life was a series of calculations and logical choices. She ha...
111 2 23
This is my first book... :-) ...