Opposites sides of the court

By owocertifiedweeaboo

How will the ace of the great Shiratorizawa deal with the fact that the love of his life is not only going to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Fourteen

482 21 3
By owocertifiedweeaboo

(WHY ARE SO MANY DAMN PEOPLE READING THIS!? I ACTUALLY FEEL REALLY BAD IF I DONT UPDATE NOW! Like please tell me why you like this it's honestly not that good I wrote this cause I thought Ushiwaka was attractive and wanted to do an oc cause Ushiwaka gay)

(Also the start of this chapter will be in Ushiwakas POV
Let the fun begin~)

It had just been a regular volleyball practice. Not much had happened. Tendou had done a block and Semi had set as our middle blocker and our setter. I hear my phone ring and I walk over to it. I see Hikaru is calling me and feel my face twitch into a smile for a moment than pick up.

"Hello Hikaru", I say not helping the smile on my face from appearing.

"H-hello! I-is this 'T-Toshi'?", says a voice that is obviously not Hikaru.

"Why do you have Hikaru's phone", I say sternly trying to hide my worry.

'Where is my strawberry?'
'Is he okay?'

"I-I'm Sugawara from Karasuno", I heard him say, "s-something h-happened".

"What happened?", I saw unable to hide the worry in my voice.

"H-hikaru passed o-out I-in p-practice".

I felt my heart drop. I've never felt so scared in my lie.

"H-Hes okay!", the man who calls himself Sugawara says, "his parents aren't picking up though.... Do you think you could send him home and take care of him?" 

"On my way", I say sternly. I hang up and grab my bag and start walking out the door.

"Ushijima!", I hear my coach yell but I don't stop walking. All I can think about is Hikaru. "Ushijima Wakatoshi get back here! Practice isn't over".

"Emergency coach!", and continue my decent to Karasuno.

I get there as fast as I can and I see a familiar looking boy with gray hair but I don't look at him long enough because I don't care. I see Hikaru on the floor with a towel on his forehead. I immediately go to him and feel an ache in my chest.

"H-he is o-okay 'Toshi'", he says scared.

"Ushijima", I say annoyed, "only Hikaru gets to call me Toshi".

"G-got it Ushijima", he says in a scared tone.

I slowly pick up Hikaru. "Do not worry I will take care of him", I say.  I look at him. He looks so pale and he's limp in my arms. I feel my throat tighten for a moment. Here's my little strawberry.

He could've died.

I feel my stomach lurch at the thought and I quickly try to calm down.
"Would any of your third years be willing to drive me to Hikaru's home?", I ask.

"I got it!", I hear an unfamiliar mans voice and glance to see a high school boy with keys in his hands. I go back to looking at Hikaru and follow the boy to the car.

I sit down and lay Hikaru's head on my lap. I slowly run my hands through his hair. His hair was always soft and he still used the shampoo that smelled like strawberries. It was one of the reasons I gave him that nickname. I feel the corners of my mouth twitch. This boy really meant everything to me.

"Is he gonna be alright?", the boy says.

"Yes", I state.

"So...", he starts, "what school do you go to?"

"Shiratorizawa", I answer.

"Do you like it there?", he asks.

"Yes", I answer.

I hear him mumble something but at the moment I don't care. All I care about is if Hikaru is alright. I hear him ask me other questions but I don't care enough to answer.

"We're here!", he exclaims.

"Thank you", I say and pick up Hikaru and take the spare key from under the doormat and go inside. I lock the door than lay him down on his bed. I get up and put another cold cloth on his forehead.

He. Could've. Died.

Those words hurt so much. I sit next to his body and start to think. My brain which is usually empty can only think of 'he could've died'. What if he had died? What if he had left me? My dad had already left but than I had Hikaru. W-what if he had died? Th-the most important person in my life. G-gone again.

I feel something wet trail down my cheek.

I feel it again.

And again.

Till my entire cheek feels wet.

I realized I was crying. I wiped at my eyes but the tears didn't stop coming. I let out an odd noise not knowing why. What if I lost Hikaru like I lost my father? I let out more of those noises. I can't lose Hikaru. He always cared about me. He never judged me. Never made me feel weird or stupid. I-I love h-him I can't l-lose him. 
I felt my cheeks get more and more wet. My vision started to become blurry and I couldn't stop making those noises. I got some reason couldn't stop. My chest started to ache.  I didn't know why I couldn't stop. I had never felt like this before.

I felt so... helpless.

I made a louder noise and started frantically wiping at my eyes.

"Wakatoshi?", I hear Hikaru say in a soft voice. I see him stir but than immediately sit up looking worried.
"Wakatoshi!", he starts wiping at my eyes.

I don't know why but anger start rising in my chest. I grab him by the collar and just started yelling. "YOU IDIOT! DO YOU NOT REALIZE WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED!? YOU COULD HAVE DIED HIKARU!", I yell at the top of my lungs.

A guilty look flashes on his face.

"I-I", he starts before looking away from my face.

"I c-can't l-lose y-you H-Hikaru", I say in a soft voice.

Hikaru's POV

I took a good look at Wakatoshi's face. I had never once seen him cry. Not when his father had left him. Not when his mother would lecture him. Never.

His face is full of emotion. So much pain. So much sadness. I felt so guilty. I had made him feel this upset. I hadn't realized how much I meant to him.

I wipe at his tears and pull him into a soft kiss.

"I'll never do it again", I say as I put our forehead together, "I'm so sorry".

"I-I can't lose y-you Hikaru", he says in a weak voice.

"You won't", I say seriously, "that was incredibly stupid of me and I won't ever do it again".

He pulls me into a tight hug. I feel him kiss my cheek and I can't help but smile.

I pull him down on top of me and wrap my legs around his waist.

"You should eat Hikaru", he says as he hugs me tighter.

"Later right now let's stay like this", I say.

"N-no you need food", he gets up and I can't help but pout.

"Toshiiii", I whine.

"No", he says sternly and starts going to the kitchen.

I grumble and follow after him. I see he's making me sobs. I go and hugs his waist and lay my head on his back pouting.

"Hikaru you need food", he says sternly. He picks me up for a moment and lays my head on his shoulder. I hold onto him and nuzzles into his neck. He hands me and onigiri and said, "eat it Strawberry".

I immediately eat it all up realizing how hungry I am. I kiss his cheek and nuzzle in his neck more.

"I know your angry but you know I'm your strawberry~", I tease trying to lighten the mood.

"From how you acted maybe no cuddles", he says as a threat.

"WHAT!?", I scream. "W-Wakatoshi! Y-you wouldn't!" He doesn't say anything and I pout even more.

He sets the ramen down with some rice on the side with a few pieces of mochi.

"Fine", he says, "How about you eat on the bed?"

"Cuddles?", I say softly.

"Of course Strawberry", he says taking my food and I to my bed.

He places me on his lap and I let out an involuntary squeak. I feel my cheeks warm up and I start shoving food in my mouth. I feel Wakatoshi play with my hair. I finish my food very quickly and lay back on his chest.

"Wakatoshi?", I say in a soft voice, "I'm really sorry about this".

I feel him wrap his arms around me tightly. "Never do that again Hikaru. You mean everything to me", he says softly. I snuggle into his arms. "You are my everything", he says directly in my ear.

I feel my face immediately heat up. I turn and kiss him. "Your my everything too!", I exclaim.

He lets out a chuckle and lays down holding me. "Let's get some rest Strawberry and tomorrow I'll take you on a date", he says.

"W-what?", I say but before I know it Wakatoshi is out like a light.

I smile and kiss his forehead.

"Goodnight, my everything", I whisper than let sleep take over me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 120 30
What happens when a girl who loves volleyball joins a boys' volleyball club? Does she find love? Will she relive her past or move forward? Join (L/N)...
317K 5.6K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...
267K 8.6K 24
β†· β‹― β™‘α΅Ž ⌜𝐈 π›πžπ­ 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐀𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐒𝐧 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐒𝐭𝐑 𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐀, 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐑 𝐦𝐞.⌟ ☁️ . . . ↳in which the karasuno...
357K 10.4K 42
Ushijima Wakatoshi, the ace lf the powerhouse school Shiratorizawa is well known all over japan and every match of the boys Shiratorizawa team is wat...