Sweet Tangerine Tea - kagehin...

By molly-loves-kagehina

Kageyama is mad. For once he's not mad at his idiot friend Hinata, instead, he's mad at himself. Because afte... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven

chapter four

2.6K 115 121
By molly-loves-kagehina

Kageyama spent the next hour just looking at Hinata. It's creepy, he knows that. But, there's just something about him... Something about him that makes him unable to look away.

He thought to himself.

Maybe it's his face. 

He traced over Hinata's features with his eyes.

Hinata's face is adorable. His small, cute lips and button nose. His cheeks always slightly rosy, eyes big and warm. Not to mention his mouse-like ears.

But... wait, how could he forget?

His hair.

It's honestly beautiful. His hair has always been his favorite. Such a vivid orange, always glowing a hue brighter than the sun. 

I guess orange is my new favorite color.

He smiled. 

I wonder... what it... feels like.

...He's asleep. He won't notice, right?

He slowly brought his hand towards Hinata's hair.

Damn.

His hair is so... soft.

He felt guilty for doing this, obviously.

He stayed there for a minute.

Wait, what am I doing?

Hinata may be getting better, but he's sleeping. I need to just-

Right when he began to move his hand away, Hinata opened his eyes.

Then, unfortunately enough, Kageyama let out an involuntary scream.

"AHH! UH HINATA... SORRY! IT'S NOT WHAT IT-"

"Keep it there."

"What?"

"...Your hand. On my hair. It feels... nice."

So after his little outburst, Kageyama hesitantly moved his hand back up to his hair and started stroking it. Hinata closed his eyes.

They stayed like that for a while.

Soon after, Kageyama watched him drift off to sleep yet another time.

He sighed.

I guess I'll go make the dumb ass some tea now.

Next, the setter got up from his knees and left Hinata's room.

Once he was in the kitchen, he walked towards the stove to boil some water and read the clock:

7:48 PM

Jeez, it's almost 8 o'clock. How long was I... with Hinata.

As he prepared the tea, He thought a lot about the moment they shared.

I doubt he feels the same way as I do.

Well... what if he...

He slapped himself.

"No, you idiot!"

There's no way he feels anything for me! He's just a genuine kind-hearted person who didn't want me to feel embarrassed for touching his hair! I'm sure he'd be like that with anyone else!

Why... do i have to feel like this.

He's a guy and I'm- I'm not- a girl.

There's no way he likes me. Just no fucking way.

Kageyama ruffled his own hair (for once) and sighed.

Water's ready.

He placed the tea bag into a porcelain cup, and carefully poured the steaming water just to the rim.

When it finished brewing he placed the cup on top of a matching saucer and removed the bag.

Time to go back upstairs. I wonder if he's awake.

To no surprise, the little spiker was already awake and sitting up in his bed, smiling over at him.

"Morning!"

"Morning to you. For normal people it's 8:00 PM."

"Wow, already?"

"Yeah." He handed Hinata the cup. "Here."

"This looks yummy, Thanks a lot Kageyama-kun!"

"Sure." Kageyama watched as he took a sip.

"Hey, this kinda tastes like oranges!"

"No shit dumb ass. It's tangerine flavored."

"Hey! Don't say that! Say butt!"

"Dumb butt. That sounds stupid."

"Better than curse words!"

Kageyama sighed.

"Idiot. That sounds better."

Hinata laughed.

"Better. Hey wait! It's orange, just like my..."

"Yeah. Like your hair."

Hinata took another sip and then looked up at Kageyama.

"Are you... smiling?"

"What? No... I wasn't."

"Yes, you were! Yay Kageyama, you finally smiled!" He giggled. 

Kageyama, trying to avoid the conversation, remembered the thermometer sitting on the table near Hinata.

"Hey, let me take your temperature."

Hinata leaned forward, as if waiting for Kageyama to put his hand on his forehead again.

"Dumb ass! Not- like that."

Kageyama looked away angrily, doing anything he could to hide his blush.

He then quickly grabbed the thermometer.

"Say ahh."

Hinata stuck out his tongue. "Ahh."

"There."

Kageyama watched and waited for the thermometer to read.

102° F

"Jesus, still?"

Kageyama put the back of his hand against Hinata's forehead.

"So hot. Hinata, what was it this morning?"

He laughed. "Jeez Kageyama, you're so-"

Kageyama looked at him sternly. "Hinata. What was it?"

"You're so scary Kageyama-kun! And it was only... 105 degrees."

"Shit! You idiot! Why didn't you go to the hospital?! And where have your parents been?!"

"Hey, I said not to curse! But it's no big deal Kageyama! Oh, and mom and dad are with Natsu on a field trip! They're probably coming back soon actually."

Kageyama groaned.

"You're lucky it went down. And besides, if you were gonna die I'd kill you first. Stupid."

Hinata looked over at Kageyama and tilted his head.

"Huh?"

What the fuck. He's adorable. Fuck shit fuck fu-

"Kageyamaaa. I wouldn't die. I promise!!" He laughed. "You are so dramatic!"

"Hey! If you weren't sick I'd slap you."

"Don't slap me!"

"I said if you weren't sick!"

They went on just like this, laughing and bickering for a while, until Hinata suddenly asked Kageyama a question:

"Wanna sleep over?"

Kageyama let out a small gasp. "Oh, umm..."

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

quick note, you can ignore if you want

Hello! This was BY FAR my favorite chapter to write.. i mean so far ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) lol. Anyways If you've made it here, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ACTUALLY READING MY FANFIC <3 This if the first one i've ever written so it may be rough at some points, but I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it! So there may only be 1-2 more chapters I'm not really sure. Sorry this is so short, maybe you like quick reads, maybe you don't, all about preference. Anyways that's all I have! if you're reading this ily and I hope you have a nice day. Also, please don't forget to hit the star in the bottom corner if you enjoyed! See u next next chapter~

~molly ☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 11.2K 26
When Midoriya notices how detached Todoroki is as soon as the holidays hit the UA dorms, he makes it a personal goal to help Todoroki enjoy his first...
377K 32.8K 93
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
444K 12K 26
{Abused!Deku x Katsuki Bakugo AU) "What do you mean?" "Look at the Bakugo is fighting. He's purposely avoiding certain parts of Midoriya's body, incl...
73.2K 2.9K 51
! MAJOR ANGST ! With a little dash of fluff. A BokuAka story with the Haikyuu boys living in a less friendly and playful world. TW: Blood, Guns, Drug...