I Could Be Your Crush-Sugawar...

By ssabinaayu

I like him, does he likes me back? He likes someone, am I the one he likes? This is what Hashimoto Sumire fel... More

Chapter 1 : Childhood Friends
Chapter 2 : Karasuno
Chapter 3 : Volleyball
Chapter 4 : Crushes, perhaps?
Chapter 5 : Try Keep Myself Distracted
Chapter 6 : Hair
Chapter 7 : The Girl With The Raven Hair
Bonus Chapter : Baby Meiko
Chapter 8 : Comfort
Chapter 9 : Tanaka and Nishinoya's Imaginary Wedding
Chapter 10 : A Game of Tag
Chapter 11 : Festival
Chapter 12 : Sumire-sensei
Chapter 13 : Hamlet
Chapter 14 : Poster
Chapter 15 : Volleyball Art Club
Chapter 16 : Are You Confessing To Her?
Chapter 18 : Distance
Bonus Chapter : The Second Day We Met
Chapter 19 : National Route 286
Bonus Chapter : Director Ennoshita's First Romance Movie
Chapter 20 : Sports Festival
Chapter 21 : Idiot Club
Chapter 22 : New Year's Eve
Bonus Chapter : Snowball Fight
Chapter 23 : Is Sumire Going To Retire From The Art Club?
Chapter 24 : Art Club?
Chapter 25 : Retirement
Chapter 26 : Farewells
Chapter 27 : MSBY Jackals versus Schweiden Adlers
Chapter 28 : New Generations
Facts

Chapter 17 : Calligraphy Set

55 0 0
By ssabinaayu

Saturday, the last day before the weekend and also the day that the art club is going to finish our volleyball project. I put on my uniform and rushed back down to the kitchen.

"Ohayō, Kaa-san, Tou-san." I greeted both of my parents who were minding their own business. Meiko hasn't woke up yet, perfect. I looked at the table to my surprise there were grilled maguro (true tunas), genmai (brown rice), miso soup, and green tea. "Hey, Kaa-san, you usually don't made these on a normal day, what's the occasion?" I asked my mother as she looked at me wide-eyed.

"Tou-san got a promotion!"

"That's nice!"

"Yep, after you graduate we're planning to move!"

"Yeah, that's nice- what?!"

Even though the move was planned after my graduation, I was still upset that Meiko was not going to grow up in the same place as I did spend my childhood. "Oh, does Meiko knows?" I asked chewing the maguro. "Well, we haven't told her yet." Poor Meiko, she loves it here.

"Where are we moving to?"

"Oh, we're gonna move to a different town."

"Do you think Meiko will miss friends?"

Both of my parents have sad looks on their faces as they exchanged glances. I ate my breakfast with a sad face that day. 'At least we still we got a year, right?'.

"Ohayō!"

I opened my front door to see Kōshi already waiting for me. "Ohayō! Let's go!" I led the way saying goodbye to my parents who were waiting at the door. "Protect my daughter well, Sugawara!" I heard Tou-san said, I blushed and looked at him with a goofy smile and Kaa-san holding her giggles. "A-ah, yes, sir!" Kōshi said making me turn to him with a red face at him.

"Your family... is really something..."

"Yeah..."

"What happened? You're never this down, even when you became president."

"My family is going to move to another town next year... I feel so pity for Meiko"

Kōshi looked at me with sad eyes and caressed my back. "Well, at least she has some time to be with her friends within a year, right?" I nodded and gave him a sad smile.

"And is it weird that you were informed to move to another town a year before?"

"Nope, I think it's not weird, maybe the position hasn't been confirmed yet."

"Confirmed?"

"You're the same age as me, in a class with some smart kids and you still don't understand? That's Sumire!"

"Hey! Stop ruffling my hair, I just brushed it."

I tried to tidy up my hair but the mess that he made was difficult to untangled. Short hair doesn't even avoided the problem, it made it even worse. "Y'know, I cut my hair because of your ruffling." I complained to the boy, he just chuckled and gave me an angelic look, like he was going to escape the situation easily like last time. "Don't give me that look, Sugawara." I glared deeply into his hazel eyes.

"Oops, sorry!"

Club Time!

I rushed to the club room to find that, I was the last member to arrive. They were so early, it made me shock. "Woah, all of you are early? You don't see that everyday!" I smiled at them. Naho quickly grabbed the big poster and laid it on the floor.

"It's time to finish this poster!" We grabbed our supplies and start immediately.

Inking the sketches, it was pretty difficult since it was large. Each and every one of us inked different part of the poster. We made sure if the drawing pens that we use didn't ran out or dried. After we were done inking the drawing, we erased each part of the art. That was not the most tiring process.

The colouring of the drawing was the most difficulty we ever had. We decided to mix the medium. "How about we use markers, paint, and colour pencils?" I cradled the supplies in my hands, they all agreed and snatched each supply that they were most comfortable with. We each coloured it carefully, matched the colours with the team's appearances, uniforms, and the gym itself.

After hours of just colouring, we collapsed on the floor. That was the most hardest thing we ever got requested by a teacher. The giant crow that we made for the festival wasn't a time consuming as this.

I looked up to see the pinkish orange sky. It was sunset. "I think we did a great job!" I said tiredly to the others as they gave me a thumbs up. "Yes, you all did great!" A voice came up. I turned around to see at the door frame was Daisuke smiling at us brightly.

"I knew you'd be a great president. You guided them to make this masterpiece! I've never seen something like this achieved by a group of highschool students." He mesmerized the poster more and his face went from amazed to a concern. I looked at the drawing and it was perfectly fine, but Daisuke saw something. "How about you add a calligraphy on top saying Karasuno Volleyball Club?" I was internally excited and woke up Yukari who was taking a short nap. "Yukari-chan, it's time to use our time at Nagamushi's calligraphy club knowledge to good use!"

I took out something from the closet, something I've never expected I'd use again, my old calligraphy set from Kōshi as a birthday gift.

I remembered when we were in seventh grade, he was surprised that I didn't chose art but I told him that club was more of a fan club in Nagamushi. "Well, you better put that calligraphy knowledge to good use! It'll be a waste if you didn't!" Kōshi said with a motherly tone, he was a mother after all.

When my fourteenth birthday rolled around, I didn't seemed to care. I don't care about the celebrations, I just want people to remember that I was born on that day. What I didn't expect was getting a gift.

Me and Kōshi were eating our lunch and he was asking about how I was doing in the club, I told it was normal. I asked him about the volleyball club and he answered the same thing as me, he was the official setter for the team now. I congratulated him to be the official setter. "Oh, Sumire, here!" He gave me something, it was wrapped in birthday wrappers. "It's your birthday, right? Here! My gift to you!" He shoved the gift into my hands as I was blushing madly.

"Don't open it until school ends, promise?" Kōshi held out his pinky to me, I was hesitant but I hooked mine to his. "P-promise!" I said louder than usual.

After club time has ended, I waited at the gates for my best friend while holding the gift he gave me. I was super curious and I want to take a peak. 'Kōshi wouldn't mind if I take a little peak, right?', I tried tore off a little bit but it was stuck together like glue. 'How did this kid do this?'. I was struggling a bit but gave up and looked to my side to see a pair of hazel eyes stared at me blankly. I almost tripped and punched Kōshi's shoulder.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry, but you were trying to open the gift. Only I know how to open it!"

I tilted my head in confusion. Kōshi shook his head and took the gift away from my hands. He started opening it from the side then the top and then the bottom. 'This is some top tier origami'.

"Here!"

He handed a box to me and told me to open it. I opened the mysterious box, it was... a calligraphy set! My eyes sparkled at the site and hugged it close to my chest.

"Thank you, Kōshi."

"Thank you... for remembering my birthday..." I gave him a warm smile with flushed cheeks, as Kōshi saw me he tried to avoid eye contact with me. I giggled at the flustered Sugawara.

Back to present time, I held the set and brought it to Yukari. We prepared the brushes and the ink. "Are you sure this will make it great?" I asked Daisuke, he smiled and nod, leaving me confused as heck. "Alright, you ready?" "Ready...".

We brushed the ink and carefully write down the words "Karasuno Volleyball Club". As we were finish, Daisuke was right, it was much better.

"This looks like it could be a promotion poster for the school actually." Jiro said, he was right. We agreed, is this the goal of Furudate-sensei. Well, that chicken cared about the clubs too, huh?

We packed our stuff and cleaned up the club room. We were about to show the team the poster but we figured that it could be surprise after their training camp. Me and Yukari parted ways with the others, and went to the gym to see what were the boys were doing.

"Don't forget to wake up early!"

"Hai!"

We peaked our heads inside the gym, the team was cleaning the gym. "Hey! Want any help?" I walked inside with Yukari. "Hello, Sumire-senpai, Yukari." I was kind of disappointed that Kageyama still saw me as someone older than him, which was true but it was okay, the other thing I noticed, Kageyama didn't use a honorific for Yukari.

"Tobio..."

"Eh? What is this?! Tobio?"

All of us were shocked that Yukari and Kageyama were calling each other with their given names and no honorifics. Are they dating?!

"Are you dating Kageyama-kun?!" I shook Yukari's little body, she look like a paper swaying in the air. "You two are dating?! Is this true, Kageyama?" Now Hinata was asking questions.

Both of them started to blush and at us that, in their class there was another Kageyama and if she tried to call him the other Kageyama would come instead. Bummer... my ship almost sailed.

"Are you done with the poster?" Coach Ukai asked me, I told the coach that we were already done but I also told him to make it a surprise after the training camp, you know, a gift for passing the Interhigh.

Now, I was walking alone with Kōshi like usual. The moonlight was guiding us home, the night air brushed through my raven hair. It was quite... too quite.

"Kōshi..."

"Yeah?"

"Before we graduate..."

"Before we graduate?"

"Would you please..."

"Would I please?"

He was repeating everything that I said, I punched his elbow for doing something like that.

"Sing under the sea know front of the team and the art club to prove you're a Disney kid growing up?"

The question made his movements more stiff and robotic somehow. Before I walk home with the silvernette, Tanaka and Nishinoya dragged me to a corner away from everybody. "Sumire-san, would you like to hear Suga-san sing?" I answered yes. "Ask him to do it in front of your club and the team! See what's his reaction will be.".

"Uh, you sure?"

"Y'know everytime I say under the sea, people would likely misheard it as "under Daichi" "

I told him it's going to go fine and dandy. He let out a heavy sigh and walked me to my front door. I opened the door to reveal, Tou-san. He was looking at Kōshi with pure... happiness? Why am I attracting many odd and weird stuff?

"Hello, Mr. Hashimoto, uh... see you next time, Sumire. Have a nice weekend!" Kōshi sprinted to his house.

"Good thing he's going to be my son-in-law." I glared at my father for making Kōshi ran away like that.

I went inside my bedroom with pajamas and lied on my comfy bed. I forgot to ask Kōshi another question. I quickly grab my phone and texted Kōshi.

Kōshi!

Sumire?
It's so late
You're not sleeping?

Hey >:(
Don't be like that
Why are you not sleeping yet?

Yeah yeah
What is it?

When is the training camp? I heard Daichi said wake up early

Well, actually we were invited but since we live in Miyagi Prefecture was very far from Tokyo
We had no choice but to start early

Woah
That's kinda cool
What other school?

Yaku said that Nekoma is going to be there

Really?!
Say hi to Lev and Yaku for me! ^^

I will
Goodnight ^^

Goodnight ^^

(A/n : Thank you for 100+ readers!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 6.6K 37
A Haikyu! Kagehina fanfic Kageyama and Hinata have liked each other for a long time. They've never told each other, but what happens when a myster...
52.4K 2K 64
A cute story where Kageyama is a ghost. I haven't written a fan-fic in ages and I've never written on here so here we go ! This will most likely be...
10.5K 528 49
Started: July 20~ 2020. Finished: Jan. 20~ 2021. Tobio Kageyama loves his best friend. His best friend is dating a girl. Kageyama is sad about this f...
186K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...