dark room ─ nct dream

Por hyuckjels

❝ Fraidy cats die early mark, always remember that ❞ ─where playing dark room got 7 amateurs in great trouble... Más

prologue
missing boys
two
three
four
five

one

194 22 29
Por hyuckjels

28.12.2O2O | 1O:OO PM

Freezing cold, heavy breeze passed by at the dark dawn of Seoul; indicating that the winter has already made its arrival.

Realms of warm and cozy houses contrasted the deserted streets of the town but it was surprisingly tranquil- for Christmas has arrived too, and soon, another new year to begin with.

But far away from the comfort of heat, the 7 zest teenagers walked down the midnight streets in peace, moonlight illuminating their figures.

"I can't believe we wasted our time watching that movie," Donghyuck shook his head in disappointment, digging his hands further into the depth of his jacket's pocket.

"I know right? I just knew that Mark has a bad taste in movies," Jaemin seconded, his arms wrapped around the youngest, Jisung, as they walked.

"Was that even a horror movie?" Jisung was quick to add up.

Mark scoffed in disbelief, throwing a dirty look at the rebellious younger one, "Bro, it was obviously horror. I almost pissed my pants at the jumpscares."

The 6 boys crackled at his obvious fear from the supposed ghosts and spirits as Mark hissed.

"Step up your game, Mark. There are things scarier than ghosts," Mark rolled his eyes at Renjun's words, recalling the boy clinging to him with his eyes shut- barely watching the movie.

"Like the semesters coming up after the vacations," Jeno reminded and suddenly there was a heavy silence lingering in the atmosphere.

Not before he was tackled by Donghyuck who pulled him in a headlock, muttering aloud, "You really are no jam!"

"Ghosts aren't real, anyways-" Jaemin retorted, shrugging his shoulders, his hands still wrapped around Jisung, "-They're just fictions human beings created."

"You sound like an old grandpa," Jisung yelped when he felt Jaemin pinch the side of his stomach, where his hands once rested.

"So, what do y'all want to do this 31st?" Mark asked, trying to change the topic before it becomes too deep for the younger ones to erupt into a verbal debate.

We don't want some crazy teenagers to have a loud debate in the middle of the night on the side streets, do we?

"Same old, same old. Gonna bake some cake, have a midnight meal, and go off to sleep till noon," Renjun lazily replied, blowing a breath out a puff of warm air, cloud smoke erupting in the atmosphere.

"Sounds exciting," Chenle retorted sarcastically, rubbing his palms together the whole time to welcome heat.

"What should we do, then?" Jeno asked in anticipation.

"Something. . . fun. I'm tired of those stupid midnight games we play every year," Chenle whined, leaning his head on Renjun's shoulder which the boy gladly let him be, patting his head slowly.

For a few former years that they've known each other, their new years had gone by rather bland with the repetitiveness of what they plan to do. And Chenle was definitely irked to do something new this time.

"I second that."

"Same."

"Any suggestions?" Came from the oldest as he pulled his coat sleeves down to block the cold.

"Karaoke?"

"No, hyuck. The last time you arranged a karaoke, we all died of boredom."

"Amusement park?"

"In the middle of the night? Are you kidding?"

"Arcade is open at night though."

"How many times are we gonna visit that place? At this point, the employees might as well give us a discount as daily costumers."

"Teenage life is so boring."

"Dude, tell me about it."

Mark watched as the 6 teens engaged themselves- yet again- with another debate, deciding on their perfect new year's eve.

But something distracted him from the chaos as he whispered out, "Yo, this warehouse looks even creepier at night though."

This caught others' attention as they stopped, turning their head to look at Mark and then following his gaze to the large, abandoned building.

But soon they looked away, a few of them gulping nervously- their gut filling with chills, the aura around the warehouse eerie, eldritch.

"Shut up, Mark," Renjun shuddered in his spot, obviously frightened.

"It looks. . . scary."

"It is," Jeno nodded, his lips pulled into a thin line. His eyes trailed back to the warehouse lingering at the door where the darkness loomed before he looked away, hysterically.

"If we aren't doing anything better, I might as well make plans to visit my parents," Jaemin huffed out, annoyed at the distraction.

There was a moment of silence as the boys walked silently, the only sound heard being their light footsteps and shallow breaths.

But Donghyuck's head snapped up, his eyes filling with mischieve as he jumped out in front of them, stopping them on their tracks. They watched him with raised brows as he grinned at them widely- creepily.

"You-" Donghyuck pointed his index at Jaemin, accusingly, the said boy taken aback at the action, "Drop your plans, I've got a better idea."

"And that is. . .?" Mark asked with a settled frown, unsure if he wanted to hear it.

Donghyuck is the real wayward of their group- and his suggestions always end up with the slightest of trouble they always want to avoid.

"Dark room," Donghyuck muttered with his voice dramatically low and husky, his eyes filling with excitement.

Chenle frowned at him, "We've played it so many ti-"

"This time, it would be different," Donghyuck muttered, tilting his head suggestively, "Because we're going to take dark room to another level."

A/n: so I kind of shitted this chapter up but I promise it'll be better next time T-T

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

182K 6.6K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
257K 8.9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
117K 4.1K 37
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
109K 862 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...