Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

Від MykalaMcGuire

Follow Claire Smith (daughter of a Time Lord named the Doctor and Sirius Black's twin sister Carina Black) as... Більше

Some Things Aren't Meant to be Easy
Ten Years Later....
Sorting Surprises
Batman's A Git
Trick or Troll?
Quidditch Match
Reflection of Desires
Nicolas Flannel I mean Flamel
Dragon Problems
The Reason Why the Forest is Forbidden
What's Behind Trap Door #1?
Two-Faced
Book Two's out!
Rewriting Series

Dueling in the Dark

483 12 0
Від MykalaMcGuire

Chapter Five: Dueling in the Dark

Claire yawned as she left detention. She looked at her watch and saw it was thirty minutes pass curfew. She cursed and started to rush to the common room. Suddenly, she crashed into someone. As she picked herself up, she saw a boy about her age. He had blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

"Sorry." They said at the same time.

"Hey, aren't you that Gryffindor girl who stood up to Snape? My names Joe Dylans, Gryffindor." The boy said.

"Claire Smith and yep, I'm that girl. In fact I just left detention with him." Claire replied. "So, why are you out after curfew?"

"Just wanted to roam the castle. I can't believe how huge it is." Joe said.

"Yea, I kept getting lost the first few days." Claire stated.

There was a few moments of an awkward silence until they both realized they should head back to the common room. They soon arrived at the common room without getting caught wandering the castle after dark.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." Claire said.

They both went up to their dorms and fell asleep. Claire woke up the next morning to Hermione, once again, yelling at her to wake up.

"You know, I would throw my pillow at you, but I'm too comfortable." Claire said.

Somehow, Claire managed to get up and get dressed. She yawned as she walked down to the common room pulling her hair into a bun. She met up with Ron and Harry (Hermione went to the Library) to go down to breakfast.

"Hey, Claire!" Claire turned to see Joe. Claire told Harry and Ron to go ahead and she'd see them at the table.

"Hey, Joe! What's up?" Claire greeted the boy.

"Oh, nothing much. Want to go down to breakfast together?" Joe asked.

"Sure." They walked down to the Great Hall making each other laugh with one another's joke.

"You're kidding?!" Joe questioned in disbelief as Claire told him how Ron developed a fear of spiders.

"No, I'm serious. Fred, George, and I thought it'd be a brilliant idea to turn his favorite stuff teddy into a spider. His reaction was priceless. However, we got yelled at by Molly. The experience left Ron petrified of spiders." Claire said.

They were soon in the Great Hall. Joe said goodbye to Claire while she went to sit with Harry and Ron. As she set down she asked them what class they had today.

"Flying lessons. Who was that boy you were talking to?" Ron asked.

Ron considered Claire as his sister and was protective over her; especially when it involved boys. Not only was Ron protective over her but Ron's brothers Fred, George, Percy, Charlie, and Bill were too. But seeing as Charlie and Bill weren't at Hogwarts, and Fred, George, and Percy weren't in the Great Hall yet, Ron was the one confronting her on talking with the mysterious boy.

Claire rolled her eyes and said, "His name is Joe Dylans. He's in Gryffindor and he's a first year. And I appreciate you trying to be protective over me but honestly I can take care of myself thank you very much." And with that she finished a glass of milk and grabbed an apple before heading out of the Great Hall.

"My name is Madam Hooch. You are here today to learn how to fly a broom." The flying teacher began.

Claire resisted the urge to roll her eyes saying sarcastically in her head No, really? I would've never guessed since the name of this class is FLYING lessons.

"Everyone step up to the left side of your broom and say 'up'." Claire did this and the broom immediately came up to her hand. Claire looked around and saw only her, Harry, and Malfoy had their brooms in their hands. Hermione was getting frustrated with her broom as it was rolling on the ground instead of coming up to her hand. Ron's broom had hit him in the face which resulted in Claire and Harry laughing at him.

"Shut up!" Ron said to his two friends.

Madam Hooch showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end of them. She went up and down the rows making sure everyone was doing it properly. Harry, Ron, and Claire was delighted when she told Malfoy he'd been doing it wrong for years.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off the ground, hard." Madam Hooch said. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle-three-two-" Suddenly, Neville left the ground before the whistle was sounded. Madam Hooch yelled at him to come back down, but it was obvious Neville had no control over his broom. Neville soon crashed into the ground and they all rushed over to make sure he was okay. Neville had broken his wrist and Madame Hooch instructed her students to stay on the ground while she took him to the hospital wing. Once they were out of earshot, Malfoy burst into laughter.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?" This caused the other Slytherins to laugh.

"Shut up, Malfoy." An Indian girl named Parvati Patil snapped.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" A Slytherin girl with black hair named Pansy Parkinson said. "Never thought you'd be into fat little crybabies, Parvati."

"Look!" Malfoy said, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

Claire had heard from Harry and Ron of the incident that occurred after she left breakfast. Malfoy held the Rememberall towards the sun.

"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry said quietly. Everyone's attention was directed towards Harry and Malfoy.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find-how about- up a tree?" Malfoy got onto his broomstick and took off. "Come and get it, Potter!"

Harry grabbed his broom.

"No!" Hermione shouted. "Madam Hooch told us not to move-you'll get us all into trouble."

"Don't listen to her, Harry. Go kick Malfoy off his broom!" Claire told Harry.

Harry flew after Malfoy. Hermione turned to Claire.

"Why did you let him do that? He's going to get in trouble!" Hermione said.

"Hermione, Malfoy needs someone to put him in his place, don't you agree?" Claire questioned.

"Well, yes, but Harry will get us all in trouble." Hermione stated.

"Hermione, some rules are meant to be broken. You can't always follow the rules." Claire said.

"But-" Claire had redirected her attention to Harry and Malfoy. Malfoy threw the Rememberall and Harry shot towards the object stretching out his hand. Within seconds he had caught it and toppled gently onto the grass still holding the Rememberall. Everyone cheered loudly.

"HARRY POTTER!" Claire turned see Professor McGonagall running towards him. Professor McGonagall looked furious and shocked at the same time unable to finish her sentences.

"Professor McGonagall it wasn't his fault-" Claire began.

"Be quiet, Miss Smith-"

"But Malfoy-"

"That's enough, Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now."

Claire glared at Malfoy and his friends smiling triumphant smiles. She sent a small smile to Harry who looked nervous as to what his punishment would be. Professor McGonagall dismissed the class and left with Harry. Malfoy and his friends were making fun of Harry. Claire could no longer hold in her anger and might have "accidentally" sent a spell that caused one of the brooms to whack Malfoy upside the head. Hermione and Ron were the only ones to see her do it. Hermione was upset with Claire while Ron was proud. Hermione went to the library while Claire and Ron headed back to the common room.

"You don't think Harry will be punished too harshly, right?" Claire asked Ron.

Ron shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but based upon McGonagall's face I don't think the punishment will be light."

Later that evening at dinner, Harry sat down at the table next to Claire and across from Ron and said something neither Claire or Ron expected.

"Professor McGonagall made me the Seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team." Harry said.

"You're joking." Ron replied shocked.

Harry told them about how McGonagall had taken him to visit the Team Captain Oliver Wood. Harry didn't end up in trouble but was offered a position on the Quidditch team as the new Seeker. Claire and Ron were thrilled to hear he didn't get in trouble as well as him making the team. Fred and George (they were Beaters on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team) had even heard the news and came over to congratulate Harry.

"Well done. Wood told us. We're on the team too-Beaters." George said in a low voice.

"I tell you, we're going to win the Quidditch cup for sure this year. We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us." Fred said.

Fred and George then said Lee Jordan was waiting for them and disappeared. Just as the twins left, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle had turned up much to their annoyance.

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" Malfoy sneered.

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." Harry said coolly.

Claire couldn't be more proud of her friend's comeback. She found it ironic that he called Malfoy's friends little when they were actually quite big.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own. Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only-no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?" Malfoy said.

"Of course he has," Ron said. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

"Crabbe. Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked." Malfoy then left with his goons.

"What is a wizard's duel? And what do you mean, you're my second?" Harry asked.

Ron explained to Harry what a wizard's duel was and what he meant by saying he was his second. Harry went pale as Ron said that if Harry were to die he'd take over. Claire noticed this and added, "But don't worry Harry, people only die in proper duels with real wizards. Neither of you know enough magic to do any real damage."

"What if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry questioned.

"That's when you throw your wand away and punch him on the nose." Claire said.

"Excuse me." They looked up to see Hermione Granger. Ron was obviously displeased with her being in their presence.

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron said. Claire threw a sharp glare in his direction. Hermione ignored Ron and spoke to Harry.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying-"

"Bet you couldn't." Ron muttered which earned him a carrot in the face by Claire.

"-and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you." Hermione finished.

"And it's really none of your business." Harry said.

"Good-bye." Ron said.

Claire sent a glare at both of them as they left the table. Claire sighed then turned to Hermione.

"Just ignore them, Hermione. You do have a point though." Claire said.

"You'll talk them out of it, won't you? You see that Malfoy's just setting them up." Hermione replied.

"I'll try but they both seem like they want to follow through this despite the consequences. It wouldn't be out of Malfoy's character if he was setting them up. If they still go tonight I'll make sure to be there. Well, I'm going to the library to work on my Potion essay. Wanna come?" Claire asked.

"Sure." Hermione said.

That night before everyone went to bed, Claire tried to talk Harry and Ron out of going.

"Oh, don't tell me you're siding with Hermione!" Ron exclaimed.

"I'm just saying that she does have a point. Didn't it cross either of your minds that Malfoy might just be trying to get you two in trouble?" Claire questioned.

"Well, what if he's not? Then he'll call me a coward." Harry said.

Claire rolled her eyes. "Fine, then. If you two are still going tonight then I'll be coming as well."

"Weren't you just against this a few seconds ago?" Ron questioned.

"Yes, but just because I think it's incredibly stupid that you two are doing this doesn't mean that I'm passing on an opportunity to say I told you so." Claire said.

They planned to meet in the common room after everyone was asleep. About two hours later, everyone was in their beds and they snuck down to the common room. Just as they were about to leave, a light turned on revealing Hermione in her pink slippers and nightdress.

"You! Go back to bed!" Ron said furiously.

"I almost told your brother. Percy's a Prefect and could've put a stop to this. Claire, I thought you were going to talk them out of this." Hermione said.

"Hermione, I said I would try but they wouldn't listen so I'm going with them." Claire said.

"You'll just make us loose even more points if you get caught, Claire." Hermione said.

"Hermione, just go back to bed. Trust me, we're not going to get caught." Claire replied.

Hermione huffed and then said, "I'm coming with you."

"No, you can't just do that. You just told off Claire because she's coming with us. You can't be a hypocrite." Ron stated.

"Shh! Whoever's coming just come on. We have to be in the trophy room in fifteen minutes." Harry said.

And with that all four of them left the common room. They quietly made their way to the trophy room. They had managed to not get caught by Filch or Mrs. Norris on their way there. They waited for Malfoy to show up. Ron glanced at his watch.

"He's late, maybe he chickened out." Ron whispered.

"Well, I guess now is the moment Hermione and I say 'I told you so'." Claire said.

Before either of the boys could say anything, a noise in the next room made them jump. Filch's voice was soon heard by them.

"Sniff around, my sweet, they might be lurking in a corner." Filch was obviously talking to Mrs. Norris his pet cat.

They looked around the room to find a place to hide or escape. Harry found a door and motioned his three friends to follow him. They barely managed to leave the room as they heard Filch say, "They're in here somewhere. They're probably hiding."

"This way!" Harry mouthed to the others as they turned a corner. They creeped down a long gallery full of suits of armor. They could hear Filch getting closer. Claire was starting to get really nervous and didn't pay attention when Ron stopped suddenly. This caused her to loose her balance knocking herself into a suit of armor. The echo of the crash was enough to wake up the whole castle.

"Run!" Harry yelled, and the four of them sprinted down the gallery, not even bothering to look if Filch was behind them. Harry lead them cluelessly throughout various corridors. They ripped through a tapestry and found themselves in a hidden passageway.

"I think we've lost him." Harry panted, leaning against the cold wall.

Claire slapped Ron upside the head.

"Ow! Bloody hell, Claire! What was that for?!" Ron exclaimed rubbing his head where she hit him.

"You're the reason I knocked into the suit of armor! Next time, don't just stand there like a bloody idiot!" Claire replied.

Ron ignored Claire and said, "We've got to get back to Gryffindor tower as quickly as possible."

"I-told-you." Hermione gasped, trying to catch her breath as they started walking back to the Gryffindor tower."I-told-you. Even Claire told you. Claire and I warned you two that Malfoy was just trying to get you in trouble. He must've tipped Filch off saying you were in the trophy room."

Harry and Ron both knew that the girls were right, but were too stubborn to agree. They continued down a corridor when one of the doorknobs on one of the doors rattled. Something came shooting out of a classroom in front of them. It was Peeves. He caught sight of them and gave a squeal of delight.

"Shut up, Peeves-please-you'll get us thrown out." Harry pleaded.

"Wandering around after curfew, Ickle Firsties? Naughty, Naughty, you'll get caughty." Peeves taunted.

"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves." Claire said.

Peeves began to contemplate whether or not to give them away.

"Get out of the way," Ron snapped.

This turned out to be a huge mistake because Peeves began to yell about students being out of bed. They ran for their lives right to the end of the corridor where they slammed into a door. The door was locked.

"This is it!" Ron moaned as they tried to open the door. "We're done for! This is the end!"

"Maybe if you didn't snap at Peeves we wouldn't be in this mess." Claire countered, frustrated because of their situation.

Filch's footsteps could be heard echoing down the corridor.

"Oh, move over!" Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wand and tapped the lock on the door whispering, "Alohomara!"

The door was opened and they all piled in, shutting it quickly, and pressed their ears against it, listening. They could hear Filch yelling at Peeves to tell him where they were.

"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please." Peeves said in an annoying singsongy voice.

"All right-please." Filch replied.

"Nothing!" Peeves' crackling laugh could be heard echoing throughout the halls as well as Filch cursing in rage at the annoying ghost. They heard the fading footsteps and sighed in relief. Suddenly, Claire sensed something behind her. She turned her head and her eyes grew wide as she saw a monstrous dog that took up the space of the room. But the size of the dog wasn't the only thing that was intimidating: it had three heads!

"Um, guys, do any of you happen to have a bone? Perhaps, one big enough for a three-headed dog?" Claire questioned, trying to keep her growing fear in check.

"What are you talking about, Cla-" Hermione cut herself off as she and the others turned around to see what Claire saw. Their eyes grew wide in terror. They all screamed reaching for the doorknob and throwing the door open. They quickly shut the door behind them locking it before running away. They didn't stop running until they reached the portrait of the Fat Lady on the seventh floor.

"Where on earth have you all been?" she asked, taking in their flushed, sweaty faces.

"Never mind that- pig snout, pig snout." Harry panted, and the portrait swung forward. They scrambled into the common room and collapsed into the armchairs.

"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron said after a few moments of collecting their breaths. "If any dog needs exercise, that one does."

"None of you use your eyes, I swear! First of all, you all must know we were in the forbidden corridor on the third floor! And didn't any of you see what it was standing on?" Hermione questioned.

"The floor?" Harry suggested.

"No, not the floor. It was standing on a trapdoor. It's obviously guarding something." Hermione said.

"Hermione, I don't know if you noticed but that dog was practically the size of a dragon! Not to mention it had three heads! How were we suppose to focus on what it was standing on when we could've been torn apart by it's three heads?!" Claire exclaimed.

Hermione stood up, glaring at the three of them.

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We all could have been killed-or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed." With those words, Hermione went up to her dorm.

"No we don't mind, you think the way she was talking we forced her to come with us." Ron said.

"Did she really just say being expelled was worse than being killed?" Claire questioned in disbelief.

"She needs to sort out her priorities." Ron said.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Doctor Who only what you don't recognize (backstories, original characters/plots). I also do not own the songs. All rights go to their original artists.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.3K 104 12
In which the boy who lived becomes infatuated with the intriguing Veronica Black. A girl that leaves you wishing for more, enchanting in every way, ...
6.5K 216 26
The third book in the series is called Guilty Until Proven Innocent. A mass murderer escapee from Azkaban, Sirius Black, is said to be after Claire S...
244K 9.1K 40
[Book Two] Jessica is back off to Hogwarts for her second year. More challenges are thrown at her and her friends as Sirius Black escapes from Azkaba...
1.5K 53 38
Two best friends. But not like the normal ones. You see, one's a time lady, Doctor Who's daughter, in fact. Kasey Melody Who. And the other is Harry...