Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

By MykalaMcGuire

Follow Claire Smith (daughter of a Time Lord named the Doctor and Sirius Black's twin sister Carina Black) as... More

Some Things Aren't Meant to be Easy
Sorting Surprises
Batman's A Git
Dueling in the Dark
Trick or Troll?
Quidditch Match
Reflection of Desires
Nicolas Flannel I mean Flamel
Dragon Problems
The Reason Why the Forest is Forbidden
What's Behind Trap Door #1?
Two-Faced
Book Two's out!
Rewriting Series

Ten Years Later....

732 16 1
By MykalaMcGuire

Chapter 2: Ten Years Later.....

" Come on, Ron! You've been in the bathroom for ages! There's other people who need to use to!" An eleven-year-old girl with sparkling brown eyes and long brown wavy hair pounded on the bathroom door with her fist while balancing her toiletries in the other hand.

The bathroom door opened revealing a ginger haired boy with blue eyes and freckles. He stood an inch taller than the girl.

"Alright, I'm finished. It's all yours, Claire." Ron said grumpily stepping out of the bathroom.

"Took you long enough." Claire said as she walked into the bathroom. "With the amount of time you spend in the bathroom, I'm starting to think you're becoming a girl, Ron."

Ron's ears tinged red in annoyance. "Shut up, Claire."

Claire rolled her eyes and locked the door behind him. She stripped and took a hot shower. After drying off she threw on black jeans, a Nirvana t-shirt (muggle band), and her old black combat boots. She dried and brushed her hair before pulling it into her normal hairstyle; a ponytail. Claire put on her locket as she walked out of the bathroom. She headed downstairs for breakfast in the kitchen. When she entered the kitchen, she noticed Percy was already wearing his Hogwarts robes as he polished his prefect badge, the twins were whispering secretly to each other (no doubt something to due with pranks), and Ron and Ginny were eating; well, Ginny was eating while Ron practically swallowed his food.

"Good Morning!" Claire greeted the family of redheads as she took a seat in between Ron and Ginny and across from the twins while she began piling food onto her own plate.

"Morning Claire!" The twins greeted her in unison.

Ron grunted in reply while Percy and Ginny said good morning. Mrs. Weasley said good morning as well as she came in and sat down.

"Does everyone have their trunks ready to go to Hogwarts today?" Mrs. Weasley asked. "We have to leave right after breakfast if we're to make it there on time."

"Being the responsible prefect that I am, I took the liberty of packing my trunk earlier last week." Percy said cockily. "Though I can't say the same for the others, I am well prepared. I suppose that's why Dumbledore named me prefect."

Claire rolled her eyes. Percy had found out last month that he was a prefect and made sure to that everyone knew. He'd always slip it into conversations even if it held no relevance to the topic.

"Claire, Ron, did you two already pack your trunks?" Mrs. Weasley asked them.

"Yes, Mrs. Weasley. Ron and I packed ours last night." Claire said.

"The house is going to be so boring without you, Claire." Ginny groaned. "Mum is probably going to make me do chores for fun."

"I know, but at least it's only for a year." Claire said. "Just think, you'll be on the train with us next year."

Just then, Mr. Weasley rushed into the kitchen saying there was an emergency at work and he wouldn't be able to escort them to the train . He kissed his wife and told his kids (including Claire as she was considered apart of the family) to have a good term before picking up a piece of toast and disapparating to work. When breakfast was over, Mrs. Weasley told everyone to gather their belongings and they left for Kings Crossing. They arrived at Kings Crossing thirty minutes later.

"This muggle train station is awfully packed today." Mrs. Weasley muttered as they found carts to carry their trunks on and pushed through the crowd.

They walked through the crowd before stopping in between Platform 9 and 10.

"Alright, Fred! George! You two go first." Mrs. Weasley said to Fred.

"I'm not Fred I'm George!-" said Fred.

"-Honestly, women! And you call yourself our mother!" said George.

Claire rolled her eyes knowing that the twins were playing a trick on their mother. She had always been able to tell the pranksters apart.

"Oh, I'm sorry, George, dear. Now go ahead." Mrs. Weasley apologized.

"Just kidding. I really am Fred." Fred said as he disappeared into the brick wall. George soon followed behind him.

"Excuse me?" Claire turned around to see a boy her age with messy black hair and glasses that framed his piercing green eyes.

"Can you tell me how to get on the Platform?" The boy asked Mrs. Weasley.

Mrs. Weasley smiled warmly at the boy and asked, "Of course. First year? Claire and Ron are first years as well."

The boy's eyes roamed over to the ginger and the brunette. Claire sent a small smile and wave toward the boy. Mrs. Weasley turned to Claire.

"Claire, why don't you go next so you can show this boy how to do it." Mrs. Weasley said.

"Sure, no problem." Claire replied.

She ran full force towards the wall with her cart. She soon emerged on the other side of the wall. She smiled broadly as she saw the familiar red train she'd seen since the eldest Weasley kid, Bill went to Hogwarts. Claire grinned at the thought of actually starting Hogwarts. She looked around the crowd of witches and wizards and spotted tons of kids with their parents saying goodbye to one another. Her grin faded and she suddenly felt depressed that her parents weren't here to send her off. Sure she had Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, but it wasn't exactly the same.

"Claire, over here!" The twins shouted at her.

Claire pushed her cart over to the twins who helped her unload her luggage.

"Thanks." She replied as the they took her last bag.

"You're welcome milady." The twins said in unison mocking a bow.

Claire laughed at their silliness forgetting her sadness over her parent's absence. She then noticed that Molly, Ron, and the black-haired boy had just come through the wall. She went over to them to say goodbye to Molly. The black-haired boy thanked the Molly and set off to the red train. Molly hugged Ron and tried to get a black smudge off his nose. The twins had just walked over and began snickering as their mother tried to clean Ron's nose much to his protest.

"Aww, has ickle Ronnie got somefink on his nosie?" Fred mocked.

"Shut up," Ron replied.

"Where's Percy?" their mother said.

Percy soon came into sight. He began to ramble on about how he had to head up front with the other Prefects.

"Oh, are you a prefect, Percy?" Claire began, annoyance in her tone. "You should have said something, we had no clue."

The twins began to catch on to what she was saying quite proud of her following in their footsteps.

"Hang on, Claire, I think I remember him saying something about it at breakfast," Fred said with a sly grin.

"Oh, of course! That's right! I believe I heard him say it once-" Claire began.

"or twice-" replied George.

"a minute-" said Fred.

"all summer!" Claire finished trying to hold in her laugh.

"Oh, shut up!" snapped Percy.

"How come Percy gets new robes, anyway?" George questioned.

"Because he's a prefect," their mother said. "All right, dear, well, have a good term-send me an owl when you get there."

She gave Percy a kiss on the cheek and he left heading to the Prefect compartments. Then she turned to the twins.

"Now, you two-this year, you behave yourselves. If I get even one owl saying you two have blown up a toilet or-"

"Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."

"Great idea though, thanks, mom!"

She narrowed her eyes at the pair. "It's not funny. And look after Ron and Claire."

"Don't worry, ickle Ronniekins and Claire-bear are safe with us." Fred slung his arm around Claire's shoulder while George ruffled Ron's hair. Claire shrugged off Fred's arm and glared at the twins.

"I told you two not to call me that!" Claire scolded.

Claire then turned to Molly. Molly hugged Claire.

"Bye, Mrs. Weasley. Thank you, I'll see you this summer." Claire said.

"It was no problem, Claire, dear. Do keep yourself safe. And please don't get wrapped up in the twins' pranking expeditions." Molly said.

"I'll try not to." Claire replied.

"Your parents would be proud to see who you've become." Mrs. Weasley said.

Claire smiled warmly at the only mother figure in her life. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley."

Claire then hugged Ginny.

"See you in the summer, alright? At least you won't have to see your brothers' horrible faces for nine months." Ginny cracked a smile and hugged Claire tighter as the twins and Ron expressed their disagreement with Claire's statement.

"Bye, Claire. Owl me." Ginny said.

"Sure thing, Gin." Claire then walked onto the train. She searched for the compartment where she and the twins put her belongings in. She eventually found it but noticed there was an occupant. It was the same messy black-haired, green-eyed boy from the platform who asked for help.

"Hello!" Claire greeted the boy.

The boy turned his head towards her. He smiled at her.

"Hello." The boy replied.

"Mind if I sit? I put my stuff in here earlier and I really don't fancy trying to lug it to another compartment." Claire asked the boy.

"Yeah, that's fine." The boy said. "You know, you look familiar. Weren't you that brunette girl amongst the ginger-haired family?"

Claire laughed. "Yes, I suppose we stick out when we're out in public. It's nice to see you managed to find the train. I'm Claire. Claire Smith." Claire stuck out her hand towards the boy.

The boy shook her hand and then said, "Harry. Harry Potter."

Why does that name sound familiar? Claire thought to herself. Oh, he's that kid who defeated Lord Voldemort when he was a baby. He's the one the Weasley's talk about whenever Lord Voldemort came into discussion. He's really nice.

"Nice to meet you, Harry." Claire smiled at him and took a seat across from him.

"There you are Claire." Ron said.

Claire looked at the entrance of the compartment to see Ron. Ron walked in and sat next to her before he saw Harry.

"Oh, hello, I'm Ron Weasley." Ron introduced himself.

"Harry Potter." Harry replied.

Ron gasped in disbelief.

"Do you still have the-" Ron motioned to his forehead.

Harry moved his bangs away from his forehead revealing a scar in the shape of a lightning bolt.

"Wicked. Do you remember anything from that night?" Ron asked.

"Ron! You can't just ask him that!" Claire scolded him as she smacked his shoulder.

"It's fine and no. All I remember seeing are a bunch of green lights." Harry said.

Just then, the compartment door opened again revealing the Weasley twins.

"Hello, Harry. We see you've met Claire and our younger brother Ron. Well, see you at Hogwarts." And with that they left.

"Those were my older brothers Fred and George." Ron began.

"I wish I had siblings. I live with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. They're muggles. They aren't very nice people." Harry said.

"I have seven siblings. There's Percy, Charlie, Bill, Fred, George, Ginny and me. Eight, if you count Claire." Ron said. "Though Bill and Charlie don't live with us so, it's not as full of a house as it seems."

Claire scoffed. "It is when there's one bathroom we all have to share. And it doesn't help that you spend the whole day in there."

"Why do you live with the Weasleys?" Harry asked curiously.

"Claire's parents left her with my parents. My parents are her godparents, you see. She's been living with us since she was a one year old." Ron stated, as he saw Claire tense up at the mention of her parents.

Claire didn't like talking about her parents and Ron knew that. Harry absorbed this information about the brunette girl. He could relate with her on the fact that they both didn't have parents in their life. As he thought about this the compartment door opened. A woman was selling sweets on a trolley. She asked if they wanted anything. Ron flushed red as he pulled out his corn-beef sandwich saying he was fine as Claire shook her head. Harry decided to get one of everything. When he returned with an arm full of candy Ron's mouth dropped.

"Hungry much?" Claire teased.

"Do you two want some? I insistent you two take something. I've never had anything to share before." Harry said as he opened a licorice wand.

Ron didn't have to be asked twice. He thanked Harry and took a chocolate frog. Claire took Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans. Harry saw the label and asked if it really contained every flavor.

"Yep, otherwise it'd be false advertisement." Claire said as she plopped a black one in her mouth and then saying, "Black licorice. Yum!"

Ron stared at her in disgust. "How can you still eat those things after you got that vomit flavored one last time?"

Claire shuddered remembering the taste of it. It was disgusting. "That was once. Otherwise, these are my absolute favorite! If you get any other candy you already know what it's going to taste like. However, this candy offers the element of surprise. It's like an adventure in a small package."

Ron scoffed while Harry laughed.

"You sounded like you were advertising the candy." Harry said.

Claire shrugged and continued to eat her candy. Harry opened his chocolate frog. When he opened it, the frog hopped out of the wrapper and jumped out the open window. Harry then noticed there was a card in the wrapper. He picked it up and was surprised when the picture started moving. Ron began explaining the cards.

"Who's Albus Dumbledore?" Harry asked as he read the back of the card.

"He's the headmaster of Hogwarts." Claire replied.

"Scabber's stop!" Claire turned her attention to Ron's rat that had come out of his pocket. Claire gagged. She thought rats were gross. Claire moved closer to the window far from the rat ignoring the conversation between Ron and Harry. Ron took out his wand and asked Harry if he wanted to see magic. Harry nodded eagerly.

Just then, the compartment door opened yet again. A bushy haired brown haired girl with hazel eyes stepped into their compartment asking if they had seen a toad.

"No, but we'll let you know if we do." Claire replied.

The girl then noticed Ron about to perform magic.

"Oh, are you performing magic? Go on then." The girl said.

Ron was taken aback, but then proceeded to do a spell. The spell didn't work.

"Are you sure that's a spell?" The girl asked. "Because it sure didn't sound like the ones I've read in all of my wizarding books I've memorized. You see, when my letter came I was thrilled. Both of my parents are muggleborn and it was a shock for them. My name's Hermione Granger." Claire had to hold back a laugh at Ron's and Harry's faces. Claire was the first to greet the talkative girl.

"Claire Smith." Claire shook Hermione's hand.

"Do you happen to be related to John Smith?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I don't think so." Claire replied, with a puzzled expression.

Hermione then turned to the boys. After they recovered from the initial shock, they gave her their names. Just as Harry said his name, Hermione went on about how he was in a book.

"Do you know, Harry, that you're in several wizarding books?" Hermione said. "Anyways, I expect we'll be arriving soon. You three should probably get you robes on. C'mon, Claire. I'll point you to the changing rooms. And Ron, was it? You have a little something on your nose." Hermione said as she pointed to Ron's nose.

Claire grabbed her robes and followed Hermione. After changing her robes, she said goodbye to Hermione and then headed back to the compartment. When she stumbled upon the compartment, she noticed three boys (two that looked like gorillas and one with gelled back platinum blonde hair). She instantly recognized the blonde as Malfoy. Mr. Weasley's work had had a New Years' Eve party several years ago at work and that was when she met Malfoy. It was made obvious that evening that Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Weasley didn't get along. They ended up leaving the party early before anything could escalate.

Claire watched the three boys as they picked a fight with Ron and Harry. The moment she heard the Malfoy kid bashing the Weasley family, her blood began to boil. Feeling her protective nature to protect the Weasley family kick in, she pushed past the three boys to get into the compartment. She turned to face Malfoy.

"I think you should reconsider those judgmental lies you're saying about the Weasley's! Need I remind you that you have no right to judge when you Malfoy's aren't any better!" Claire exclaimed, her brown eyes burning with rage.

"And you think you are, don't you? At least my parents kept me!" Malfoy sneered.

Claire tensed but tried not to make it noticeable to the blonde boy. Her temper had reached it's peak.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was I meant to be offended? The only thing offending here is your face. Now get the hell out of here, Malfoy!" Claire yelled.

"Well, we don't feel like leaving do we boys?" Just then Scabber's jumped out of Ron's jacket and attacked the three boys. The boy retreated and Ron picked Scabbers. The three were laughing their heads up.

"Claire, you were brilliant! Did you see the look on Malfoy's face? It was priceless!" Ron praised her for the words she said to arrogant male.

"Why, thank you! I'll be here for the next nine months." Claire mocked a bow.

The train soon slowed to a stop. The three exited the train and followed the voice of a huge man with a bushy beard yelling, "All first years to the boats! No more than four to a boat!" Claire, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all sat in one boat much to Ron's displeasure. Soon the boats were in view of Hogwarts. Gasps from all of the first years were in the air. They stared in amazement of the Wizarding School. When they got off the boats they entered a hall. At the front of the hall was a black-haired lady wearing emerald-green robes with a stern look on her face.

"Follow me." The group of first years followed the woman to a small empty, chamber off the hall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. My name is Professor McGonagall." Professor McGonagall began. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly. However, before you take your seats you shall be sorted into your houses-"

"Trevor!" A boy with dark hair and brown eyes and green eyes exclaimed. Everyone looked at the boy as he picked up a toad that was next to Professor McGonagall's feet. The woman stared at him with a stern look and he gave a sheepish smile and muttered an apology.

"As I was saying, the Sorting is a very important ceremony because whichever house you are sorted into will become your family for the next seven years. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. There are four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own history and each has its own outstanding witches and wizards. While you are here at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn house points, while any rule breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. The House Cup is a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony shall begin shortly. I suggest you all tidy yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall return shortly." With that she left the chamber.

The boy who had the toad began to fix his cloak. Ron tried to get rid of the smudge on his nose and Harry tried to flatten his hair. Claire's thoughts were of excitement. Harry was extremely nervous.

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?" Harry asked.

"Some sort of test, I think. Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking." Ron said.

Claire stifled a laugh. She already knew what was going to happen as the twins had told her. Ron noticed this and said, "What are you laughing about?"

"Oh, nothing." Claire grinned mischievously.

Ron knew something was up but ignored it. Claire turned to Harry noticing his uneasiness of the whole sorting ceremony.

"Don't worry, Harry. It won't be too bad. Just concentrate on something other other than the ceremony. It'll be over before you know it." Claire gave him a small smile to which he returned. She then leaned in and whispered into his ear, "Besides Ron's got it all wrong. You just have to try on a hat. Don't tell him though. Fred, George, and I have been waiting to see his reaction. Promise?"

Harry looked at her and tried to hold back a laugh. He whispered back, "Promise. But that's a little harsh, isn't it?"

"He'll soon get over it." Claire replied waving her hand dismissively.

Suddenly, about twenty ghosts streamed through a back wall causing the children to scream in fright. Claire, however, was fascinated by the ghosts. Harry watched as she seemed to laugh at the other children cowering from the ghosts. The ghosts seemed to be arguing about someone named Peeves. One of the ghosts noticed the first years and exclaimed, "New students! About to be sorted, I suppose? Hope to see you in Hufflepuff! My old house, you know."

"Move along now." Professor McGonagall's sharp voice said. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start."

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Doctor Who only what you don't recognize (backstories, original characters/plots). I also do not own the songs. All rights go to their original artists.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.3K 46
Alexandria Selwyn - the insomniac daughter of Sirius Black. - Book Harry Potter X Fem OC Best Friend Book Fred Weasley X OC Fem Prisoner of Azkaban ↣...
119K 3.2K 18
The story continues... Amaryllis Paige Lillian Potter Black or just Paige and her friends are going back to Hogwarts for their 6th year. All the gir...
1.8K 5 48
Josephine (Josie) Black, daughter of Sirius Black, is excited to begin her journey at Hogwarts, but nervous about not having any friends. That is unt...
2.1K 95 17
This story is an AU. Sebastian Black-Lupin is the child of Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Now, in his fifth year at Hogwarts, with his best friends...