DISCONTINUING - Fairytale Dre...

By Cringe-x-Reader

DISCONTINUING. ~ [Genshin Impact Fanfic. Kind of like another Cinderella story btw, kind of...] A fairy tale... More

disclai m er
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
special:kaeya's b-day
recom mendation - list!
Discontinuing/Rewriting
author's note

chapter 12

4.7K 208 336
By Cringe-x-Reader

[ A/N: I finally decided on which character I'll star in my next upcoming fanfic! There's something special in the complete Author's Note at the end, check it out if you're interested enough. ;3 ]

[name] had sat on her bottoms for the longest time on the wooden toilet basin. She wasn't exactly doing anything, after having finished scrubbing one of her two limited outfit set. It had roughly been almost 2 weeks, nearing 3, since she found herself in the confines of what should have been cuffed wrists-to-quality spending time with a certain flirtatious blue head.

She had been waiting, but this man had exactly kept her at bay like he promised. With everything going on, she hadn't had proper time to think it through until now.

"Okay... Today's the day." She reassured herself, more than ever.

Escorted back to the interrogation room as expected, she trudged along with confidence as she walked. The only door to the room swung open revealing herself who wanted to interrogate the man, herself, when suddenly...

"Kaeya."

"Hm?" He hummed carelessly.

Her face fell into a flat line. "What do you think you're doing?"

Kaeya didn't even bother giving her a glance as he read on, casually flipping a page after the other. "You know, [name], I think you made a mistake somewhere."

"What?一 "

"The title, here... Isn't fairy tale supposed to be two separate words? Not one complete word?"

Mentally stumbling on forward, now, with a lack of will, [name] stalked over to him attempting to snatch the journal out of his hand. He dodged it, swinging his longer arm away from her.

"Oh?" It took one small word and still, she heard it: the way his voice slurred with tease, taking on the prowl of a bored cat wanting to play after lazing around so much, was more than enough to warn her of what was to come next: "I believe we've had this rodeo before not so long ago一If you missed it, you could just be straight up honest about it."

She resisted an urge to roll her eyes at him, just barely. "Hate to disappoint you, but I'd never."

Kaeya interacted. "Maybe you just know how to lie to yourself."

"Or, maybe you're just delusional."

"Or," He paused looking up into her eye this time. "Maybe you're scared to admit the truth to yourself that you actually fell for me."

[name] mockingly laughed at his comment. "This again..?" She sighed. "Kaeya, I enjoy a good joke, but when you have this much nerve to act this smug, it's more of a pain to feel than a joke to laugh on."

Kaeya's smirk taunted her, ready to embarrass her.

He enunciated every word he could grasp on aloud. "A woman who once came from a "magical" home." The sentence sounded oddly familiar, although not in these exact words, she noted how familiar the detail was to her. "She was the town's crazy, young lady, as she believed in the belief that "something" escorted and followed her wherever she went一even when she never saw any thing odd before."

Now where did she know that from..?

"Fayes of wind, she would call them for she would occasionally hear a voice in the wind, singing a fable she heard of from long before. But, what could truly sing a song that not even another knew? An answer that only time held, and only a faye could answer."

These lines sounded familiar一

"Later she lost her father and with that song she blew in hope of making her simple fairytale-like dream come true: to find her own magical house in her own dandelion field一 "

"Stop! Stop!" She squealed in embarrassment covering his mouth with the palms of her hands, cheeks ablazed red. "I get it, now stop it!"

His lilac eyes rounded over her face with muffled giggles. He handed her the book. Although his words were muffled, she still could understand them. "[name], is that also the fairytale dream you imagined for yourself?"

His words made her question herself as well.

Was that truly what she wished, which is why she wrote such a story?

[name] pursed her lips together in rejection. "No."

He removed her hands away from his mouth. "As you will. Although, as a writer you shouldn't be so reluctant on letting others see your work一maybe try controlling your temperament better."

"Wouldn't have to if you knew how to stop making a mouth taste bitter, Kaeya."

"You're a special case, though, lovely."

How could [name] expect any less of a comment from him..?

"By the way, you looked like you wanted to tell me something earlier when you came in. What was it?"

[name] had been casted by a spell of insecurity. She opened her mouth slowly, setting her journal aside on the table. A part of her wanted to ask, but something held her back一 "Well, you should... Y- you should stop feeding me sticky honey roast, I found a stretch mark on my stomach earlier."

That wasn't what she wanted to say, but it wasn't necessarily a lie either as she did find a few there in the morning.

"Stretch marks?"

"Y- yes." She admitted feeling a sudden sense of dread overcoming her regretful escape from what she originally wanted to ask him.

Kaeya chuckled. "Is that really what it is?"

"Yes!.. Now, please stop asking." She sighed.

"If you insist." He turned onwards with a simple idea in mind. "If you're gaining weight, I can suggest an exercise for you to do."

It wasn't on her list of intentions, so to be told that he had a suggestion piled onto the reluctance within her. "I- I see..."

"It involves quite a bit of legwork. Do you think you can take it?"

The one time Kaeya didn't bother to observe her reluctant nature was the one time she wished he did, and that he wouldn't persist her problems. As life had in store for, such a time just wasn't for sale, sadly, nor would it ever really be.

"Uh... Maybe..? It's only been a few days since but I should be fine..."

"Are you sure you're up for it?"

Well, no. She wasn't. Not one bit.

But she couldn't just push passed it without making it sound odd for being so reluctant after she told him off and he op-ed to help her. "Barbatos! It's literally only cuts一 I didn't break my legs, so what's the big deal with everyone?"

Hearing her pout made him chuckle. "You're not wrong there, but Barbara did specifically state to not pressure your legs in case the wounds open up again."

"A week worth's of wait is a long time, my friend. I think only a few days would be more than fine for me." Besides, she has gone through worse injuries before, and breaking an actual limb never stopped her from working regardless.

"Then you should be able to keep up with me, correct?"

'Keep up?' She wondered, cautiously gazing him. Certainly, he couldn't be talking about them both?...

"Remind me what exercise this is?"

Much to her own out-of-the-word curiosity for what he had meant by such words, she brought self shame on her own thoughts when Kaeya staged an innocent smile, and his eyes revealing the small devil from within him.

"Swordplay."

His statement was a simple one.

[name] has always been a fight-or-flight type of person. Generally she took flight like no tomorrow, for so long as she was a person with wings, she had a chance to flee for all that was left to claim of worth. But those wings had been clipped一 Clipped long ago when she had first took that swing at Guinevere's face.

The incentive had been little at the time. She hadn't expected it to grow as bad as it was now making her question herself: did she regret it? Did she regret clipping her wings to live a life like this now?

"[name], you're too stiff. You have to hunch over a little more and change yours stance. Like this." Kaeya instructed.

The two of them now standing with wooden swords at hand, in the practice grounds by the Knights Headquarters. She studied the way his movements smoothly glided from his right to left, then upward and downward. There was a drift in this man that showcased a beauty in his crafted swordsmanship一 something that she felt was hard to achieve even if she had actually put in effort to learn.

[name] who almost always has been on the retrieve, now held a blade to clip those wings from the past. It made her breath shaky.

"[name], come at me."

She hesitated, hands gripped tightly against the sword. A part of her wanted to rush forward and the other half of her was at a loss for words, still looking for an answer.

"Hey, princess... Are you listening?"

Another trembling puff left her lips, eye closed shut for a moment. She opened them with some hesitation, finding herself gaining confidence as she strolled with heavy footsteps to Kaeya's side. She swung downward at him expecting her blow to affect him more, yet easily he knocked her backwards without much trouble.

Kaeya grinned, feeling a small thrill of fighting rush through his veins. "For a first timer, you're rather feisty; I can say that I like it."

"For someone that's supposed to be teaching me, you're not very helpful."

"Then I'll give you your first lesson now."

She rose a brow, feet grinding towards his. "And, what's that?"

Kaeya gave [name] his signature smirk.  "Watch your step."

There was no time to ask him what he meant by that, for Kaeya used all of his strength to dash forward, passed her. His foot hooked itself onto her ankle pulling her to lose her balance. He knocked her sword away with his, letting both fly into the air, swinging his arm around her waist and pulling her close before she could fall.

"Whoops." He mumbled, smirk widening. "You lost."

She huffed. "You played dirty!"

"At least you got your first lesson: playing dirty never matters in a real fight anyways." He had a point there.

[name] pounded him in the chest causing him to jolt up from getting hit. She felt his two, strong arms holding her by the waist until his wrists crossed with one over the other. He peered into her eyes with a blink. "You..."

"Me..?" She questioned him in wonder.

Kaeya peered his face closer to her own. "You're... Sort of pretty."

Hearing him laugh made her push herself out of his grasp. For a split second一she almost believed it, or at least wanted to. "Whatever一 "

"Ah... And, what could be going around here?" A light, teasing third voice asked, popping its existence between them both.

[name]'s eyes widened in shock at seeing the familiar blue and white outfit the woman wore. A rapier was attached to her hip, her blonde hair was tied up and her blue eyes were filled with a sort of gentleness that would calm any soul. She was a respective soul to love, and none could escape not knowing who she was.

"Acting grandmaster... Jean." [name] uttered, curtsying deeply in respect for the blonde beauty.

Jean laughed softly, shaking her hand. "Please, no need. I am only here to check on others as a knight should; I appreciate you doing so, however."

How could she not? In front one of the highest ranked women in all of Mondstadt? How could [name] not though!?

Kaeya bowed his head slightly to her, stunned go some sort of reason. "Acting grandmaster."

She nodded, bowing her head the same amount back. "Kaeya." Jean locked eyes with [name]'s figure softening up when it met with [name]'s flustered face. "So... This is the Miss [name] Aviatora?"

Hearing her name come so casually from her, [name] had almost wanted to ask the obvious question when she collected the last bit of the name she disliked most. "Miss Xia, ma'am... Not Aviatora... Xia."

Jean blinked with an awkward, apologetic smile. "I see... Apologies, Miss Xia. I won't do so again." Her sincerity made [name]'s heart pound. She was so kind一 Unlike a certain someone一 "I see that Kaeya is teaching you how to swordplay, and you seem quite new."

It's not definitely enjoyable so far一

"If you ever feel a need to rest, then you shouldn't force yourself." [name] wouldn't want that either. "Don't let Kaeya push you too hard; he does have more experience to keep up with, after all." She chuckled. "Anyways, I can only be here for so long. I have matters to attend to again before my short break is over."

"No! No! Please, don't keep yourself waiting. It's certainly understandable." [name] reassured her.

Jean curtly nodded sending a comforting grin [name]'s way. "Apologies, it is however nice to meet you. I've heard all over town that the wine festival draws near, perhaps I will see you two properly then?"

She barged into the scene with a sudden entrance and left with a strong blow. [name]'s heart continued to pound in the depths of her anxiety, sighing for something to calm her down. She had been so self absorbed that she didn't even hear the (surprisingly) quiet Kaeya mutter aloud to himself as she went to pick up their wooden swords off of the ground.

"[name]... Would look good in blue..."

Honestly, I didn't know how Diona looked like! So when I found out that she was a small midget, I feel kinda awkward. Can we all just pretend that in this fanfic she looks like an adult instead or that Diona is just another stranger Diona that isn't the exact Diona in the actual Genshin Impact game? xD

I really appreciate the support guys, and to show my appreciation, since a lot of people are all for a certain orange haired loveable boy, I decided that I'll write a special sample from the story for you guys today just to hype you guys up! Here you go. c;

"Childe."

"Hm?"

"Why do you keep on staring at me?"

He leaned in closer to her, watching her wave two water droplets together into a fine line, twisting both until they both intertwined as one whole line. He asked her softly, curiosity filling his voice. "Well, I'm just wondering... As someone who has a water vision, why would you use it to do, uh..." Childe paused pointing towards the water droplet. "This."

[name] playfully rolled her eyes. "It's called weaving, and I'm not the only one that does it." She answered adding another water droplet thread to it. "The other three maidens do it too. I'm not the only one."

"But what's its purpose?"

This surprised her as she didn't expect him to ask her out of anyone else. She hummed. "If I tell you what my vision does, will you promise to not tell anyone else?"

"Well, depends on what that is. Will I die from knowing the truth?" His joke was rather grim but she laughed a bit nonetheless.

"Maybe." She paused taking a moment then continued. "My vision... Lets me see the future."

Childe's head snapped up at her in shock. He's had heard of many visions: from shields, to weapons to even healing, but he hadn't exactly expected to hear a vision of what she just mentioned一

"My mother has always told me that when we weave: we hold the ties of fate in our hands." She smiled briefly, even though it came out rather painfully. "I suppose that's why whenever I weave water, I can foretell the future of others fate. It's not always accurate, so not everything becomes true, but it's just possibilities anyways."

He stayed quiet as he listened for a worthwhile, and couldn't help but ask her. "Then what's in my future..?" She blinked, twirling more threads together, but the longer she had done so, the more she felt a heavy sweat roll down her back. He noticed the way she tensed up as she continued to do so, and how her face paled up. "Is it that bad..?" He asked her.

Inevitably... She nodded slowly. "I... I don't know who... But... S- someone... Someone might die." 

- END of Sample -

What do you think? Did you enjoy it after all? Or did you not enjoy it? Give me back your feedback be it criticism, theories you think will happen in the story or whatever, I think I could use some of it. ^^

I hope you enjoyed the chapter though! Again, much love for all of the support everyone! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114 6 1
"I commend you on a strategic match, at least." You whisper angrily, taking your first step down the aisle. The pace is slow, painfully slow. A path...
15.2K 544 11
[ GENSHIN IMPACT FANFIC. Albedo x Reader ] "Lemme tell you, honeybunch: I'm an officer; I don't believe in alchemy." His hand clenched tightly into f...
1M 42.4K 77
"Am I going too far?" "No, no, you went too far three hours ago. Now, you're going to prison." •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅• My life was relatively normal...
3.8K 95 12
After a drunken one night stand, you end up pregnant with a child with Diluc Ragnvindr, a nobleman in Mondstadt. Since you were not ready or interest...