𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗥𝗼𝘀�...

By Polnareffturtle

Malnourishment, abuse, and darkness were the only things this girl knew. She had no name, no place, no freedo... More

The Merciless Savior
At last...Solace
My Dear Diana
Moonlight Vendetta
The Encounter with the Three Half Naked Men and Ajna
The Perverted Nazi
Vietnam Flashbacks
All In One Day
Goodbye You Disgrace
A Man With A Friend
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Rape And Rainbows
Stardude Crusaders
Poljna
Choose Before You Can't
Blood on the Wrong Hands
He Knows
Get This Right
The Merciless god

A Final Gift

754 38 30
By Polnareffturtle

This chapter contains many time skips, so pay attention.

A shrill went down young Ajna's spine as she quickly opened her eyes in a sweat. Her breathing was hard and she quickly sat up out of bed, red eyes filled with fear glowed in the dark. Her shoulder length, smooth, purple, swayed gently on her shoulders as she held her arms close to her getting out of bed. Darkness surrounded her as she cautiously headed towards the warm colors that danced on the wall in the hall way in front of her. It must have been the fireplace causing the show on the wall.

Ajna heard muffled talking between voices as she tiptoed to peek around the corner of the large room the voices came from. Kars, Wamuu, and Esidisi were all sitting cross legged on the floor discussing the Red Stone of Aja and where it might be located. Kars' back was turned to the fire a few feet away from it, Esidisi was on his right and Wamuu was on his left. Both of the, we're listening intently to Kars. Ajna didn't know much about the stone, only that her father needed it so that the four of them could soar like birds and rule over life. It was a big concept for her to process, so she didn't think about it too much.

The room was lit by only the large fireplace that crackled and popped with heat. The walls looked firm and had a warm look to them. The floor had deep mahogany panels of wood slayed across it nicely. It was midnight and the darkness from outside creeped in through the window but was valiantly fought off by the light of the fire. It was like a war between light and darkness was occurring to see which one would overpower the other.

A small creak in the wood was Ajna's error. The sound which had interrupted them had caused the three to quickly turn their heads to Ajna's face that was peaking out from behind the corner. The room was filled with silence causing fear to deep into Ajna's chest. She messed up, Kars was going to get really mad at her now! 

"Ajna, what woke you?" Kars asked with a very plain tone.

"I-uhm...I had a bad dream..." Ajna winced at the memory of what had happened in her nightmare. It was so vivid, so real, and so utterly terrifying. Why did nightmares have to haunt her every once and a while?

"Come here." Kars ordered. Ajna slowly walked to him and couldn't help but plop herself into the gap his crisscrossed legs had formed. She closed her eyes and cuddled close to him for a moment before reopening them. She was just glad he was okay.

Kars put an arm around her and looked down at his daughter. She wouldn't be able to sleep until comforted, so it was best to comfort her if he wanted to discuss the stone some more with his companions. His daughter would grow up to be great if she learned a few things. It was time to teach her.

"What was your dream about, young one?" Kars asked, the other two watching.

"W-well, I-I was watching from a distance, but I saw Master Esidisi pulsing with h-hamon a-and he exploded. H-he was clinging onto life, but could barley hold on..." Ajna gave quick look at Esidisi who kept a cool look but inside, he was disturbed. "T-then Master Wamuu exploded and became nothing but a head...a-and then he turned to dust..." Wamuu wasn't scared from this dream, for nothing would make him afraid, especially not some child's nightmare. Ajna looked up into her father's eyes, tears were forming in her own as the worst of it was brought back to her. "I can't exactly r-remember the rest of it, but I do know that y-your fate was much worse then Master Wamuu and Esidisi's...yours was an eternal t-torture." A singular tear spilled from her eye as she buried her face into her father's chest trying to find comfort from his warmth.

The three watched as she tried to not show her tears to them. She needed to show them that she  could be strong like them. She needed to show them that she was worthy to travel with them...but so far, she wasn't doing too well at hiding it. 

Kars nodded at Wamuu signaling for him to speak his wise words. Wamuu always knew what to say it seemed. It didn't matter where, when, or who he was talking to, he was just good with words.

"Ajna, dreams have haunted us all, but you must learn to deal with your fear. Dreams are not reality, they don't foretell future events. Conquer fear, and you will be great one day."

Ajna was inspired by Wamuu's words of wisdom. He was absolutely right, fear was what was keeping her from everything. If being great meant conquering fear, then conquer fear she would.

"Sleep daughter, and don't let fear overcome you." Kars whispered to her as she became drowsy in his arms. The setting was warm and perfect for sleeping. She cuddled closer to him, and slowly drifted off into slumber.

Kars ran his hand through her familiar hair gently and continues to speak of the stone. He was going to teach his daughter many important lessons she would need to know. He was going to protect her and keep her safe for eternity. The four of them would be unstoppable once each of them wore the stone mask with a perfect red stone placed perfectly on the forehead of the it. They would be truly irrepressible.

———————————————————————————————————

It had been a month since Ajna's entire family had been killed. She was thinking on the words that had been said to her when she was a little girl, the words that had taught her to conquer fear. In the end, it didn't matter. Fear or no fear, her family still died and to think she could have saved her father at the very least made her heart ache. 

Currently, Ajna, Diana, and Feazel were all in hiding at Diana's home in Windknight's Lot. It was a good hiding spot that common folk were too scared to visit. Caliban and Ernesh weren't big fans of Ajna because of her father and his companions. They still viewed her as an outsider and always kept an eye in her.

Ajna had already grieved enough, grieving isn't what her father would have done. She needed to keep going no matter what she felt. Emotions shouldn't control her actions, that's what Wamuu always said.  Now to check on Diana...

Diana was sitting on her bed in her room stroking the golden necklace she was wearing, the one she had been given by Wamuu. Diana did this to cope with the past, the poor girl could never get away from it's painful grasp. She reached over to drink from her golden cup of fresh blood when she noticed Ajna.

"How are you feeling?" Ajna asked. Diana had thrown up the night before and neither of them knew why. She had just started to feel nauseous out of nowhere and thrown up. 

"I could be better."

Ajna sat down on her bed next to her and rubbed her back. An idea struck Ajna right then and there. What if...

"Hey, I know it's weird, but have you had your period this month?" Diana looked surprised at the personal question and she blushed. What was wrong with Ajna? Weirdo...

"I-uhm, no, I haven't....why do you ask?"

"It's the thirty-first... Diana, forgive me." Ajna placed her hands on Diana's breasts. 

"H-hey!" Diana slapped Ajna's hands off herself. What the heck was her deal? Groping her wasn't going to make her feel better!

Ajna's face lit up with elation. She stood up and put her hands over her mouth in awe. Could it really be? Was Diana...

"What's your deal Ajna? I don't want to be touched by you! Only Wamuu... never mind." Diana's face blushed red as she had blurted out those last words. 

"What? No, Diana! I know it's just a theory, everything is adding up!" Diana stood up and faced Ajna with a mean glare. Her glare was like her father's, menacing and full of anger, but also full of composure.

"Diana, you're pregnant." 

Diana immediately became stupefied at the trio of words. Once her brain processed what she had said, immense joy flooded her heart and clear tears formed at her red-gold eyes. She cupped her hands to her mouth and fell to her knees. Ajna followed her to the ground and immediately embraced her in a hug, laughing with happiness.

Her will to live, the flame that burned inside her that had been put out twice had been relit. A spark burned inside her now, Diana had regained her will to live. Her baby, her new flame, would be safe and live a good life unlike hers. 

"A-and it's W-Wamuu's?" Diana asked with tears of felicity sliding down her soft cheeks and dripping from her chin.

"You tell me." Ajna laughed as she hugged her sisterly friend. The two of the, broke out into joyous laughter and stood up. The two of them would make sure this baby would be safe and healthy.

Both of them had a reason to survive now. Diana's love of her life's baby was within her and she intended to keep it safe and raise it along the code of honor just as her fiancée would have done. Ajna was going to be like an aunt. Wamuu had been like a mentor and possible brother to her. Her brother's baby was going to be great one day and she intended to help it on its journey. 

When Caliban and Ernesh were told of the good news, Caliban had to take a moment to cope with it. Ernesh kept asking who the father was in which Diana responded with that he was a great warrior, gentlemen, and man of honor. Ernesh still wasn't convinced that this guy was good enough for the girl he raised. Diana told him that he died, and Ernesh immediately began to comfort Diana with Caliban soon joining in. 

Ajna giggled as Caliban pushed Diana down on a comfy chair that Ernesh had put behind her. Ernesh wrapped a blanket around her shoulders while Caliban mixed up a hot chocolate, but instead of chocolate, he mixed fresh blood into the warm water. When Diana was sad they always mixed her a cup of hot blood to make her feel better. They really were too good. 

Diana chuckled and told them thank you. The two of them started coming up with baby names for the child and what they would be like immediately. They were rather excited for a new member of the family.

————————————————————————————————————

It had been eight months since Diana and found out she was pregnant. He belly had majorly increased in size and Diana had been eating very cautiously. She wasn't going to take even the slightest risk.

Diana was sitting down in her chair reading a book she suddenly she felt a strong contraction. Winding in pain, she didn't even need to think. She immediately got up and walked at a careful and slow pace to find someone to help her, preferably Ajna. 

"A-Ajna!" She called softly for her friend. Dammit, this was only the beginning. There wouldn't be pain killers, and it would be pain for hours on end, but it was all worth it if she got to see her sweet baby alive and healthy and in her arms.

"I-it's time! The b-baby is coming!" 

Without even another second passing, Diana bolted around the corner with focused eyes. She had no time to waste and she came to a sliding stop in front of the blond haired lady. Ajna helped Diana along to a room they had prepared for the labor process.

Diana slowly sat down on the bed, and Ajna left the room to fetch the two knights. Feazel shimmied out from under a pillow and cuddled on top of Diana's large belly. He let out a small, happy, weasel, noise and rested there a moment but moved once the next contraction came. 

Hours later, Diana was screaming in utter agony as she was towards the end of her painful labor. Caliban was sobbing in the corner as Diana screamed. Her screams hurt him, his mistress was in pain and it made him sad. Ernesh was comforting him while Feazel was wrapped around Diana's neck, buried in her sweaty blond hair.

With one last push, the labor was finally over. Ajna ordered the two knights to stop crying and help her. Ernesh sat with Diana and cooled off her forehead with a cold rag. Caliban helped clean off the baby over on a soft countertop they had prepared for the infant. 

"E-Ernesh?"

"Yes mistress?"

"Did I do good?" Diana asked.

"Well...I've never given birth before, I wouldn't know. From the looks of it however you did amazing!"

Diana smiled at her friend's answer and continued to take deep breaths. The sounds of crying erupted from her offspring across the room as Ajna cleaned it with warm rags. Eventually, the cries died down and Ajna turned around with a small white bundle in her arms.

As soon as Diana touched the small bundle, she felt an immense motherly connection. Finally, she was happy. This child was Wamuu's final gift to her, and she would treasure them. Speaking of them...

"Ajna? What are they?" Ajna looked stumped. 

"That's your child..." Was there something wrong with her? Had many hours of exhaustion left her unable to think straight?

"What? No, I meant what gender are they?"

Ajna blushed in embarrassment. Clearly the many hours of exhaustion had left her unable to think straight. Obviously that's what she had meant, idiot.

"Say hello to your beautiful baby boy."

A smile spread across Diana's face, one that revealed her pearly white fangs. She didn't smile often, but this was a time to smile. A baby boy, a baby boy that would be great like his father lay in her arms, sleeping sweetly. Life would only be better if Diana's father and Fiancée we're there with her to celebrate, but they were gone. Right now, she focused only on her small bundle of joy, nothing was going to ruin her day. Nothing could ruin her day, it was a dream come true.

Diana's vampiric healing abilities allowed her belly to shrink back down to normal size and allow her to walk within the first four hours. Night had struck, and Diana was standing alone on the balcony her father had been thrown off of so many years ago. Her sweet baby boy was laying fast asleep in her arms as she gazed up at the stars in the moonlight. She remembered so many he years ago when her father and her would gaze at them.

Diana was wearing her red, purple, white, and brown outfit that looked very similar to Dio's. Her hair was combed out nicely and her red gaze was gorgeous. Diana looked beautiful and happy.

She could feel something from the specks of light that painted the dark night sky. She felt as if Wamuu was watching her from above, watching her and their son. It was a comforting feeling to feel her love watching them.

Taking a look down at their son, Diana smiled. He had tan skin and light blond colored wisps of hair covered his small head. Suddenly, his eyes slightly opened, and then fully opened. Oh, it was precious. His eyes were a shining violet, a combination of Diana's red eyes and Wamuu's blue eyes. After seeing his mother, he gave a big smile revealing his tiny pink gums. A small bundle of joy was exactly what he was. Diana giggled at the adorable smile her son and given her. 

"Adelio, that is your name my little one." Diana looked up to the stars. "Thank you my love, I know we weren't together for long, but you've given me a treasure to cherish. Our son will be a great warrior like you one day, I promise. I only ask one more thing of you, please watch over him. Y-you would have been a wonderful father, I wish you were here by my side right now, but fate did not wish it. I love you."

————————————————————————————————————

Eight years had passed since little Adelio was born. Diana had the appearance of a seventeen year old as did Ajna. Adelio looked two years old, he had inherited his mother and father's slow aging process. He would grow to look older until he became an adult, then the aging process would slow down even more. His mental age was that of a four year olds and he looked like a small Wamuu. The poor lad was cursed with hiding from the sun just as his parents had been but he didn't mind, he enjoyed the stars. He didn't yet know of his curse, but would find out later.

Diana had found her old teddy bear she used to cuddle with every night from when she was little. It was her favorite object from the past, and she was fixing it up for her little one. She wished she could make him his very own, but she lacked the materials. Plus, it would make her happy to see Adelio get as much joy out of it as she did.

"There, all better." Diana looked proudly at the bear and picked it up. Feeling it's fur, she gave it a  good squeeze just for nostalgia's sake. 

She found Adelio curled up sleeping on his aunt Ajna's lap. She was watching him with happy eyes. Ajna took notice of Diana and the gift she had in her arms and gently nudged Adelio. His eyes opened and he beamed at the sight of his mother.

"Mama!" He quickly got off of Ajna's lap and ran with a cute smile on his face to his mother and hugged her legs tightly. She picked him up happily and kissed his forehead. She was holding him  on her hip and with her other hand she raised her hand with the bear in it, giving it to him. 

Adelio's smile widened at the sight of a plushie. He hugged it tightly and buried his face into it, Diana smiling at the sight of the precious moment. Diana sat down with him on her lap and he cuddled the bear to sleep. Diana stroked his head gently as she thought about how precious and innocent he was.

———————————————————————————————————

Another eight years passed quickly and Adelio appeared as a three year old with the mental age of a six year old. He was zooming around like an airplane with his arms spread out wide and a grin on his face. He was determined to be the best airplane that ever lived. 

He had been playing a while and started to feel like he needed a bathroom break. Diana was sleeping and he didn't know where Ajna was. He was old enough to go by himself, Yeah! He could do it!

He began to look for the bathroom. It was a big castle and he couldn't really remember which way the bathroom was. Uhm, m-maybe this way? He thought to himself as he turned left. The dark and menacing walls frightened him a bit, but he didn't let them force him to go back out of fear. Suddenly, he saw a large door. Adelio had never seen this door before and was curious about what it was. His bathroom problem no longer became concerning to him, the door was his new focus. 

Diana woke up and slowly opened her eyes. Adelio wasn't anywhere to be found. She had told him to stay put! Dammit where had he gone?

"Adelio?" She got up, no response. 

"Adelio!" She began frantically looking for her son. Running around the castle in a panic, she finally spotted him. He was about to open the door! Sunlight would come pouring in and then her son to ashes! 

Diana bolted faster than she ever had in her entire life to save her son. His hand was on the ring door handle and he pulled it open slowly. Diana jumped up and kicked off of the wall rotation ninety degrees. Her foot slid into the ring door handle and she pulled it shut with her foot. She fell down on the floor with tears in her eyes, holding Adelio close.

When she had slid her foot through the door handle, her pant leg slid up to her kneecap and the sun got a split second to do damage to her leg. An awful sizzling burn was left there hurting like hell as she tried to retain her tears. Adelio scurried out from under her arms and knelt beside her panicking. He saw her leg wound and got angry at himself for letting that happen.

"M-mama! I'm sorry! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll go grab aunt Ajna!" Diana bit her lip and nodded. She stood up and limped with him to go find Ajna. O-ow...this isn't...this hurts. I-I'll be fine in a moment here, but burns don't heal as fast as normal wounds... Diana thought to herself. 

"Aunt Ajna!" Adelio called with fearful tone. He ran in front of his limping mother to go find his aunt. He called for her desperately afraid that he had just wounded his ma in a way that would kill her. 

"Mama was burned by the sun! Help!" Ajna heard his cry for help and immediately grabbed cool rags and forced Diana to lay down on a red sofa. Her leg felt like it had been dipped in lava and she fought through the pain valiantly. Adelio was crying and knelt at his mother's side repeatedly apologizing. Diana stroked his blond hair and repeatedly told him it was okay. 

After explaining to him about the sun and why they couldn't touch it's warm tempting glow, he kissed Diana's hand and apologized again. Ernesh and Caliban grabbed Adelio's hands and the three of them began walking down the hall. They would swing him back and forth as they walked to cheer him up. His laughter echoed through the hallways and made life a little bit better.

—————————————————————————————————————

Twenty-nine more years had gone by. Appearing as an eight year old with a mental age of nine, Adelio was sitting down on the floor cross legged with a puzzled expression on his face. His question needed and answer, not having one bothered him. Why hadn't he ever been told about it before?

"Hey mama?" 

Diana and Ajna both had the appearance of twenty year olds. Ajna's long, purple, silky, hair was laying on her shoulders. It was curled in such a beautiful manner, just like her father's had been. Diana looked more feminine and her beauty was increased. Her pale skin was flawless, her golden tinted red eyes were lady like and shining, her blond hair was smooth and thick, and the three moles on her ear remained the same, the devil's mark. Adelio had big violet eyes that shined with youth and all of its glory, his skin was pale like his father's still, his smile was big, and he wore long black pants and a green tweed vest with a white dress shirt underneath. This was one of the few outfits that fit Adelio.

Diana was sipping some if the finest wine in the castle by the fireplace while talking to Ajna about someone named "Kars." Little Adelio got up and walked over to Diana. He knelt down and placed both of his arms on the arm of Diana's chair, resting his head on his arms and slumping backwards.

"I-uhm, who is my father?" Adelio asked. Would she yell at him for it? He was just curious and wanted to know! 

Diana's eyes were surprised at first, but than softened. She invited Adelio onto her lap and smiled at the memories. She knew that the memories brought much grief with them, but she should try to remember the good things at least and ignore the bad ones. 

Diana's smile made Adelio calm down from his fear. He cuddled closer to her and looked back at  Ajna who was watching. Her expression was that of pride for little Adelio. He was finally going to learn about her brotherly friend and the great honorable warrior he was.

"Adelio, your father was a an honorable man. He was a great warrior, and fought for what he loved. He respected life and people...and me. I loved your father very much, little one. We traveled together for many months, and acknowledged his feelings for me and proposed to me all in one day. That night, he fought a clever fighter named Joseph Joestar who killed him. He died a noble and honorable death, and the next day Joseph Joestar killed Ajna's father but in the process, he got himself killed. Joseph's grandfather, Jonathan Joestar also killed my father in battle.

"W-whoah...Dad sounds really cool!" Adelio's eyes lit up with awe and he was hyped. He was going to be just like his daddy! Nothing would defeat him, for he would be the unstoppable!

Diana giggled at her son's reaction and kissed his forehead. He laughed and hugged Diana. The two of them had a good relationship, one that couldn't be broken.

"What was his name?" Adelio asked with an inquisitive expression.

"Wamuu, master of the wind."

"Mama, I'm going to be just like him!" Adelio jumped off of Diana's lap and puffed up his chest to make him look strong. He then began to throw loose punches all around him. It was like he was fighting ghosts!

A thought then crossed her mind. What if I took them to see where Wamuu awakened from his slumber? I've only been there once...but if he saw that, maybe he would get a better idea of who his father was?  Diana had made up her mind.

"Ajna, start packing, we're going to see where the pillar men awakened."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 9.4K 80
aha.. You're a stand user who was under control of Dio's Flesh Bud. Luckily for you, the Crusaders realized that you were not in control of your acti...
71K 1.8K 24
In 1882, a young 14 year old girl, who goes by the name of Johanna Joestar, is a positive, honest and kind girl who lives with her father, George Joe...
182K 8.2K 75
One day Jonathan Joestar was running with Danny to the river, but when he got to the river he found a girl lying in the river unconscious. When she w...
321K 10.3K 23
Your family is a close friend of the Joestar's and one day hear about the newest addition to the Joestar's family, so your father decides that you sh...