Trouble, She Comes || Kol Mik...

By lenaf327

The Earth is her canvas to paint black with her unrelenting desires to cause mischief. Banned from Mount Olym... More

Cast + Trailer
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Act I: Chapter 1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Atë Video
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Not a chapter update
22
23
24
25
26
Authors note
27
28
29
Act ii
Author's note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

21

4.3K 135 8
By lenaf327

Atë ignores the questioning stares from the two vampires in the room as she walks over to a table in the corner to pour herself some whiskey. They remain quiet as the girl quickly downs the content of the glass within seconds, not even flinching at the sudden burn of alcohol.

She flings herself onto the cushioned chair facing the two Originals, her words coming out in a teasing yet serious manner, "I suggest you both pour yourselves a drink before I shatter your perception of this world." Kol and Rebekah follow suit, heeding her advice and not passing up an opportunity for fine aged alcohol, especially given the high tensions in the room after Klaus' explosive anger.

A few quiet moments pass as Kol and Rebekah situate themselves on the couch across from 'Callista's' chair. It's not hard to notice how heavy handed Rebekah's pour was, not that either of the two troublemakers could blame her after the events and words that transpired today.

Atë raises the glass to her lips again, taking another gulp before placing it onto the wooden side table. It's not that the goddess needs the alcohol for the conversation to come, but there is something comforting about the warmth that trickles down her throat as she prepares to face and share her own truth.

"This may seem like the classic 'I'm not who I said I was' speech, but I can promise you it's not as tired and boring as the rest. Listen carefully because I'm not going to repeat myself, you hear me?" They nod obediently, intrigued about what the girl is about to divulge. Kol keeps his eyes trained on her, not blinking, as if he's afraid he might miss something if he does. He's been wanting to gain answers about the captivating enigma from day one and that day finally arrived.

"Okay well first off, you should call me by my real name." Rebekah's eyes widen in the slightest, thinking that the name 'Callista' fit the brunette quite well. It was unique and intriguing, just like the girl before her. "Callista is my alias I've been using since I've been in Mystic Falls. Unoriginal move, I know. From now on, you can call me Atë."

Kol raises his eyebrows upon hearing the unusual name spoken from the girl's lips, "Atë?" Her name easily rolls of his tongue, seeming more familiar than foreign, something he wasn't expecting.

The name seems to register for Rebekah, her noting that she's heard the name spoken amongst the vampire and witches every once in a while during her past. Rebekah keeps her eyes trained on the brunette, not visibly reacting until she hears more and figures out from who exactly she heard the girl's name spoken before.

She nods before angling her body towards him, "I used the alias to avoid unwanted questions and requests from both supernaturals and humans in the area." Atë pauses a moment, "You've probably heard the whisperings of supernaturals attempting to contact me for help, or more importantly-revenge."

Something registers in Rebekah's mind when she hears the brunette mention the word 'revenge.' It all comes flooding back—Klaus prohibiting the love affair between her and Marcel, the constant prevention of her finding true love, hearing her witch friend talk about a conspiracy that there was a goddess aiding some other witches, and the guilty action of calling upon their father to come to New Orleans.

When she notices the two following but still not comprehending where she's going with her words, especially the sister who seems a bit lost in thought, Atë opens her mouth to speak again, "Okay, I'm not going to keep dangling this whole thing above your heads, so I'll just get on with it."

The goddess downs the rest of her drink, "Once upon a time many years ago, I lived on Mount Olympus with all the other gods and goddesses until I got banished for reasons we don't need to get into right now. Following?"

The brother and sister blink slowly, not expecting the mention of something that has seemed so fictional and unattainable in their current reality. And somehow, it perfectly makes sense at the same time.

Atë continues in an attempt to shed some light, "Since then, I've been living on this Earth, answering some calls for my aid. Those who I've visited don't remember anything about me because I wipe most their memories, although some still remember a godly figure visiting them. All that aside, I've been here for quite some time."

The blonde vampire believes every word coming out of Atë's mouth, even if she thought before that this goddess was a fairytale reach of some sorts. Sure, the world was crawling with supernaturals, but mythology being fact changes her perception of how powerful she, or her hybrid brother for that matter, think they are as Original vampires. " And what are you the goddess of exactly?"

An evil glimmer shines from her brown eyes as the corners of her lips pull into a smirk as she toys with her words, "The Goddess of Mischief and Ruin."

Kol, who had been quietly in his own world for the last minute, finally reacts to the origin of the mysterious girl. He lets out a low chuckle, thinking how perfect her title is given her personality and all of their exchanges. Atë locks gaze with him as he sits with a crooked smile on his face from the laughter, "Of course you are."

Hearing this new piece of information seems like the missing puzzle piece for Kol, as if everything is clicking into place. The ways in which her powers weren't limited to nature, how there's always a troublesome glimmer in her brown eyes, how she was able to transport herself, her fearless mindset. The list could go on.

The goddess looks to Rebekah, taking the opportunity to sneak a peek into her mind. Atë quirks an eyebrow at the girl, "You have heard of me." Kol and Rebekah both scrunch their eyebrows up at her statement, making Atë realize that she hasn't really gone into detail about what being a goddess entails. She lets out a glorious giggle, "I can peer into peoples' minds to gauge their intentions and thoughts. Some people are harder to read than others," she glances at Kol, "but this is how us gods and goddesses know so much, especially when it comes to interacting with people on Earth."

Kol glances at his sister, "How have you heard about her?"

The blonde shifts her weight uncomfortably, not wanting to reveal one of her darkest secrets about what happened in New Orleans a long time ago. Before she can answer, Atë speaks up to answer his question, "Just from a witch wanting revenge on a vampire. Same old, same old." Rebekah lets out a small sigh of relief that she doesn't have to face her actions just yet as the goddess shoots her a wink after covering for her hesitation.

She leans back into the cushioned chair, crossing her right leg over her left, "So-any questions?"

"Did our mother know about you?" Kol asks quietly, remembering back to the brief moment in the beginning when she aided their mother in linking them.

"How else do you think I ended up here, in Mystic Falls, out of all places?" Kol detects a bit of sass but he wouldn't have it any other way because that's what makes this girl so captivating.

Kol and Rebekah both internally roll their eyes at the fact that their mother wanted to kill them all so bad that she would enlist the help of a powerful being. While it made sense to bring in reinforcements, it was a cowardly move to not do it all on her own. Calling upon Atë, the Goddess of Mischief and Ruin, backfired for the Original Mother.

While the two fully believed every word that came out of the goddess' mouth, there was still so much to unravel about her origins and past; however, this isn't going to happen over the course of a singular conversation. For the time being, Rebekah and Kol acquired all the information they needed.

Atë leans forwards in her chair, sensing that the two vampires needed to absorb this new reality before tackling the concept of utilizing her against Klaus, "Let's chat tomorrow about your selfish ass of a brother tomorrow."

Rebekah stands up, "Well this has been...eye-opening, but I think it's best I wash up and sleep."

The goddess notices Kol remaining in his spot, "Can I walk upstairs with you to chat briefly?" Rebekah nods and Atë glances at Kol, "I'll meet you in your room in a few?"

The two girls begin their walk through the hallway and towards the staircase, considering the vampire's bedroom is on the second floor. "I wanted to talk quickly and I think you know about what." The girl glances around nervously, afraid Kol might be eavesdropping. Atë smiles, "Don't worry, he won't hear us."

"So I take it you saw how I heard your name and what I was doing in New Orleans?"

It's obvious that the Mikaelson sister had tucked away these feelings of anger and guilt towards her brother for years, not wanting to remember the mistake she made long ago. "I did. I just wanted to say that I won't tell anyone what I saw."

Rebekah forces herself to smile for the first time after Klaus yelled at her, "Thank you."

"And you need to remind yourself that me helping you guys with Klaus is not what you did a century ago. My goal is not to kill him, no matter how much of an asshole he's being. There's other ways I can help you guys."

The two girls stop outside Rebekah's bedroom, exchanging a brief goodbye before Atë begins walking back downstairs. Before she can leave, Rebekah softly says, "You will be good for Kol, I think."

Atë smiles softly, not wanting to disagree even though she was anything but a good influence. As she heads to Kol's room, she feels a weight lift off her chest when she sees Kol sitting on his bed with his back against the pillows, a satisfied look on his face. There was a possibility of disbelief about who she was, but Kol accepted it immediately. Atë had once told him in Denver that she would reveal herself to him, and the timing finally made sense.

She sits down on the bed next to him after kicking off her heeled boots. When the bed dips with the added weight, Kol moves his body to instead lay flat. Atë follows suit, mirroring his body position.

There's a silence looming over the pair for a moment before Kol turns his head to look at the beautiful girl, "You amaze me, Atë." The goddess can't help but smile at the sound of her real name being used by him instead of 'Callista.'

She turns her head to look at his intense gaze, noticing his brown eyes flickering between her eyes and lips. Atë lets out a groan and rolls her eyes, "Just kiss me already." Kol chuckles at her comment but complies by leaning forwards to press their lips together. He cups her cheek in his hand as he parts his lips to move better with hers. Atë softly places her hands on his chest as they share a few kisses.

She pulls away and places her head on his chest, him snaking his arms around her figure to hold her. The feeling of being secure in his arms is pleasant for the goddess, something unfamiliar, yet comfortable.

//Note\\
Thank you SO much for understanding and being patient with me on this chapter. School work was a lot and I needed a mental break this past week, especially since I was feeling under the weather. There's more conversations about Atë being a goddess, her missing father, and more in the upcoming chapters. Hope you all enjoyed this one though! I'm probably only going to write chapters set in TVD through 4x12. Much love as always.
XX Lena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 282 66
Like anyone else, a 25-year-old mini market worker Dylan King will never think that he will witness the Greek Goddess Athena come out from a yellow l...
10.2K 414 27
*Greek* II *Adventure* II *Fantasy* When the notorious Kronos gets bored in reigning his dominion, he begins to think of ways to cause chaos in the w...
231K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...
46.4K 1.1K 26
First Instalment of the Queen series. Machae /ˈmækiː/ • daemons (spirits) of battle and combat Highest Ranking: • #vampirequeen : 1 • #warriorqueen :...