The Month Of June (Hunger Gam...

By CompromisedMortality

Rated PG 13 due to eventual gore. And because I'm paranoid. What if Katniss, Gale, Prim, and Peeta didn't ex... More

The 74th Hunger Games (FanFiction) Chapter 1... Morning in Twelve
Chapter 2... Reaping Day
Chapter 3... The Last Goodbyes
Chapter 4... Train Of The Games
Chapter 5... The Chariots
Chapter 6... Training Mistakes
Chapter 7... Evaluation
Chapter 8... Scores
Chapter 9... Loss and Realization
Chapter 10... The Interview
Dear Readers
Chapter 12: The Promise
Chaptet 13: Hope and Faith
Chapter 14: Life and Death
Second Version of Chapter 15
Chapter 15: Not Like This
The... Scrapped Chapter 15
I'M SO HAPPY! (Aka Author's Note)
Temporarily* Discontinuing

Chapter 11... Let The Games Begin

83 6 6
By CompromisedMortality

The games start today. And I'm not ready. I'll never be ready. But it doesn't matter. The games will continue, whether I'm ready or not.

Cinna has me dressed in a white tank top and thin black jacket, and a pair of tan cargo pants. The Capital decided it was fine for me to wear my braided leather necklace into the arena because it offers no help in the games.

"-une. June. Juniper!" Cinna calls. I look over at him. "Huh?" I say. "You need to focus up. Get out of your thoughts. You have thirty seconds until you have to go," Cinna says. I nod sadly. "June, be prepared for extreme heat. I don't know exactly what the arena is, but I think it might be a desert," he says. My eyes widen. "A desert? They made it a desert years ago and everyone died of dehydration and heatstroke! Why would the Game Makers make it a desert again?" I ask, panicked. Cinna sighs. "I don't know for sure. But... just be careful," he says.

"Fifteen seconds."
I hug Cinna and give him my goodbyes and step into the tube.

"Five seconds."
I take a deep breath, and put on the bravest face I can muster at the moment.

The pedestal rises and I focus on my breathing.

The heat is the first thing I feel. Then the blinding light. I look around, and I see desert and mountains. Mountains of rock, not sand. The mountains are my best bet of finding water. I just have to make it over there without getting killed.

The countdown begins. I set my eyes on a knife vest and bow. I see a tan backpack not too far from my pedestal. If I could grab that loaf of bread on the way...

I glance at Dawson. He shakes his head, probably knowing my plan. I give a slight nod. He shakes his head again. I turn my gaze back to the cornucopia. I had to get the supplies.

The cannon fires and I know it's time. I'm running as fast as I can. I grab the loaf of bread and backpack, and I sprinted to the vest. I slung it over my shoulder and did the same with the bow and quiver. But nothing can ever go as planned, right? Nothing can ever go so smoothly.

A dagger grazes my cheek as I turn around. I see Clove glaring at me. I grab the dagger, and sprint for the mountains.

After a few minutes of running, I take I second to rest and go through my things in one of the many patches of trees.

In my backpack I have a pair of heavy duty sunglasses, a visor, insulated water bottle, some bandages, and some packs of dried fruit and nuts. I put on my sunglasses and visor. I put the contents back into the backpack, along with the loaf of bread. I attach my quiver securely to my backpack. The bow is collapsible, so I put it in an easily reachable position in my backpack. I take off my jacket and stuff it in my backpack, then I put on the knife vest, but I decide to keep the dagger in hand.

The cut on my cheek stings, but that's the least of my worries right now. I need to find water by nightfall.

Satisfied with how I situated myself, I stood and started walking to the mountains. Until I collide into someone. I fall backwards, as does the other person. I scramble to my feet, clutching my dagger.

The person I ran into is a girl. I recognize her from district 7. She has blonde hair and gray eyes. She looks to be about Lily's age. "I don't want to hurt you," I say as calmly as I can. The girl nods. "I don't either. D-do you want to ally?" She asks. I'm taken aback by this. She wants to ally? I nod.

"I'm June," I tell her. "I'm Heron," she replies. "Do you have any water?" Heron asks. "No. But I think the mountains are the best bet of us finding water," I answer. Heron nods. "Do you have a weapon?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "All I have is my backpack and the things in it," she tells me.

I reach into my vest and pull out a decent sized knife and hand it to Heron. "Don't cut off a finger. I don't have enough bandages for that," I tell her sternly. Heron nods.

We walk to the edge of the trees, and I lean my head out to make sure the coast was clear.

Sadly, it wasn't.

AN: I know it's been a REALLY long time since I've updated, but like I said, writers block. I think I'm over it now.

But anyways, I want to say a big thanks to AMystery8! Thank you for the ideas! But check out her book Unsuspected Murder and the sequel Unsolved Murder. You won't be disappointed!

I now have 242 reads on this story so thanks! I'm also happy to say there was no negativity here! You guys ROCK!

Until next time! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 418 21
What if Katniss didn't volunteer? What if Prim went into the games? Would she die? If so, who would be the victor? I've looked online almost every a...
1.2K 12 10
.·:*¨༺ 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞༻¨*:·. Cordelia -> meaning "heart of the sea" or "daughter of the sea" Cordelia (Lei/Cora) Reddington is an eigh...
72.4K 1.7K 69
When I was eleven. My whole world changed. Katniss' dad died in a mining accident. You think it wouldn't affect me but I loved him just as much as Ka...
396 18 1
One minute she was fighting Valg, the next in a house she doesn't know, clothes she doesn't own, and about to walk down to a square full of people to...