Chapter 5... The Chariots

"Hellooo?" A hand waves in front of my face. I grab it, and twist, feeling a soft pop. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow," Dawson whimpers. I release my grip, and Dawson cradles his hand to his chest. "What?" I snarl.
Dawson scowls at me. "Two things. One: ow. Two: why are you ignoring me?" He mumbles. I stand, and look down at Dawson. "I don't want any allies. I have no desire to get to know someone that will kill me, or I might have to kill," I simply state. "We're from the same district. Shouldn't we be allies?" Dawson protests.
I look at him. "I'm going home. I'm going to walk away from this. But I'm not going to kill anyone in the process. No allies," I snarl. Dawson frowns. "You're going to get yourself killed," he mutters.
I grit my teeth, and walk to the fridge to get breakfast. I can't let Dawson get to me. I won't.
Effie comes in wearing a green wig and purple dress. I'm no fashion expert, but I'm pretty sure that's hideous. The normal capital fashion.

Today, we ride the chariots. And I'm worried.
I don't know what my stylist will pick for me. All the other years have been disastrous. One year, the tributes were naked and covered in a thin layer of coal dust. Not cool, man, not cool.

I wait for my stylist. He comes in a minute later. He's not in the normal Capital attire. He has on black everything, and some gold eyeliner on.
"Hello, Juniper. My name is Cinna," he says. I nod. "Call me June," is all I say. Cinna smiles. "June. That's a interesting name," he says. I shrug. In district twelve, our names are mostly based off of plants and animals.
"This is my first year, I just thought you should know," Cinna says. I nod.
We discuss what we should do, until Cinna all of the sudden asks "Are you afraid of fire, June?" I went ridged. Yes "No."

Why did I say no again? Or right, because I'm a freaking idiot.
Cinna put me in all black clothes, and gave me a button. He had said, "Push it when you're ready."
Dawson is also dressed in all black.

The chariots are released, and as always, we're the last ones out. When some eyes are on us, I take the opportunity to push the button. Our clothes catch fire. Everyone cheers. Some roses are thrown. But I just smile and wave.
Let the games begin.