COTTON CANDY SKIES | JIKOOK βœ”

By miniekins

Sweet football player Jeon Jeongguk has never displayed interest in any of the other teenagers at his high sc... More

[🍬] one | disclaimers
[🍬] two
[🍬] three
[🍬] four
[🍬] five
[🍬] seven
[🍬] eight
[🍬] nine
[🍬] ten
[🍬] eleven
[🍬] twelve
[🍬] thirteen
[🍬] fourteen
[🍬] fifteen
[🍬] sixteen
[🍬] seventeen
[🍬] eighteen
[🍬] Nineteen
[🍬] Twenty
[🍬] Twenty-one
[🍬] Twenty-two
[🍬] Twenty-three
[🍬] Twenty-four
[🍬] Twenty-five
[🍬] Twenty-six
[🍬] Twenty-seven
[🍬] Twenty-eight
[🍬] Twenty-nine
[🍬] Thirty
[🍬] Thirty-one
[🍬] Thirty-two
[🍬] Thirty-three
[🍬] Thirty-four
[🍬] Thirty-five
[🍬] Thirty-six [FINALE]

[🍬] six

10.6K 704 271
By miniekins

it's friday and although one may typically be ecstatic for the specific day of the week, jeongguk finds himself laying in an anxious puddle on his bed.

he's most likely going to be late for school but he doesn't seem to notice and neither does his mother as she surprisingly hasn't said anything yet.

what the day is going to entail, he isn't exactly sure of. but what he does know is that facing jimin after his embarrassing moment of panic yesterday evening seems absolutely impossible. the way he just left the pretty blond hanging, darting out of his bedroom isn't exactly the smoothest of departures and he never seems to fully execute them, either.

the feel of jimin's gusting breath haunts him as jeongguk's new nickname rings in his ears. is he going to be referred to as 'bun' from now on? it doesn't seem so bad when the blond is the one delivering it but if he gets named so one more time he'll likely crumble to his knees and fail to see the light of day.

he's aware that something like this shouldn't be so strenuous yet he can't really help the fact, either. jeongguk is discovering news things about himself each passing day and unfortunately always in the presence of jimin. not that it's necessarily a bad thing but most of the time he's successfully embarrassed himself amidst the new revelations.

the boy is torn from his thoughts the moment knocking is heard on his door.

"jeongguk, bear, are you doing okay? school starts in fifteen minutes and i haven't seen you once this morning," she projects quietly.

the football player sits up, looking at the time on his phone. on any other day he'd be worried for showing up late but as of right now he couldn't seem to care less.

"i'm okay, mumma. sorry, i'll be down in a second. i just need to get dressed," he replies with a louder octave, shuffling through his drawers.

"that's okay, koo bear. you should have enough time to grab some fruit before you leave. i have to go, though, okay? i'll see you later tonight after work. i love you," she reminds him.

"i love you too. see you later," jeongguk replies.

he can hear her heels click away and eventually the front door closes. the teenager scrambles to switch out his clothes and once victorious he grabs his bag and slips on some sneakers, making his way downstairs. just like his mother had said there's a fresh bowl of fruit and so he grabs some pieces before he too leaves and makes his way to school by car.

by the time he walks through the front doors, the first bell rings and students are making their way to their first block classes. his pace quickens as he approaches his locker. he grabs his things and heads to his first class.

-

eventually the first half of the day goes by and most of the football players are sitting in the cafeteria during lunch, as boisterous as ever. taehyung is going off about how he hasn't slept with a girl in too long and namjoon is indulgent, nodding his head and humming when he sees fit. the other team members are just as rowdy in their conversation but jeongguk is quiet.

he's staring at the empty spot in front of him, not having had packed himself a lunch as he left late and didn't really prepare anything. his mother typically does but she seemed rather eager to leave for some reason.

"gguk, you okay?" namjoon asks from his left.

jeongguk peers up at him, smiling softly. "okay. just didn't pack anything. hungry," he replies simply.

namjoon hums, shuffling through his lunch kit. "here. half of my sandwich. we have practice today you can't go on an empty stomach," he offers kindly.

the brunette curls his lips in, taking the triangle shaped sandwich from namjoon. "thanks, joon," he says with gratitude and takes a bite, humming contentedly.

namjoom turns his attention back to the other football players and suddenly jeongguk is once again lost in his own thoughts. he has absolutely no idea how practice will go if even just the idea of seeing jimin causes goosebumps to rise on his skin, nevermind him still having to get through last block class. not to mention the fact that they'd kind of started sitting with one another in the back.

before he knows it lunch ends and so does second last block. jeongguk meets up with taehyung at their locker and they grab their learning material, entering english. jimin hasn't arrived yet and so the brunette decides to sit with his buddies for once. going incognito in a painfully obvious 'disguise' didn't go so well so he decides to keep it on the down low and hopefully keep away unwanted attention.

the rest of the students begin to pile in and the pretty blond enters last. jeongguk turns away the moment they lock gazes and he mutters beneath his breath, clearly having been caught trying to not be caught. he just can't do it. confrontation and him don't mix well. especially not when jimin happens to be involved.

miss hye begins the lesson. jeongguk despite craving zero unwanted attention still finds himself sending covert glances toward the blond who sits in the back corner of the class by himself. he's dressed a bit differently taking into consideration his sprained ankle yet it does nothing to take away the beauty of his entirety.

his blond hair is slightly disarray on his head. he's wearing a pastel blue jumper and although not garb in a small skirt, he's wearing shorts instead. jeongguk can tell that less effort went into his outfit today yet that doesn't make the boy look any less effortlessly beautiful.

but during his state of enamor, he's caught red handed admiring jimin. jeongguk's eyes turn beady the second the blond's eyes turn into half moons and his stunning lips curl upward. the football player turns away bashfully, face flush red and heart thumping in his chest.

he's not very good at this whole having a crush thing. he's a clear rookie if his lack of grace is any indication.

soon the bell rings and jeongguk makes sure that he's the first to leave. taehyung meets him at their locker and he leans against it, crossing his arms while watching the brunette with mirth as he moves frantically, gathering his football gear.

"you're acting strange again - actually, scratch that. you've been acting strange all week. what's up?" taehyung questions while he waits his turn.

"...nothing's wrong. let's just go to the field and start practice," the brunette presses and stands up - clearly too quickly as he teeters and is stabilized by a concerned taehyung.

"nothing's wrong my ass. you're pale as hell. you can kiss practice goodbye, kook. just sit this one out," taehyung advises.

"...i can't, tae," jeongguk murmurs breathlessly, still reeling from the sudden spike of dizziness. "i need this scholarship. i have to make my mom proud--"

"jeongguk. listen to me," taehyung says curtly, pressing his hands to the brunette's shoulders, making sure that he's paying attention. "missing one day of practice isn't going to effect whether or not you get the scholarship. you're no good on the field if you can't stand."

jeongguk sighs quietly, looking down at his feet. he knows that taehyung is right but that doesn't mean it's any easier to accept. his mother works her ass off paying for his passion meanwhile she neglects her own necessities - as long as her son is happy, she's happy. that's what she constantly tells him. he'd hate for her money to go to waste and missing one football practice his a greater impact than one may think.

"tell ya' what. you can sit on the bench and watch, okay? that way you can still be there without actually being there, you know? it's better than nothing and i'll let coach know," taehyung suggests and with a sigh jeongguk nods his head, deciding to take things slow.

he's helped to the football field by taehyung and sat on one of the benches. he feels useless just sitting there, watching. but he realizes that jimin is doing the same thing from across the field, small hands folded in his lap and crutches lain by his cute sneaker. he's looking at the girls yet from what jeongguk can tell in spite of their vast distance is that the blond doesn't look particularly happy. is it for the same reason the brunette is? is the cheerleader upset because he can't cheer? it's hard to tell.

he figured he'd be more in panic seeing jimin but maybe the fact that he's a fair distance away it's not as triggering.

yet soon practice ends and both the cheerleaders as well as football players are cleaning up, ready to go home. realistically he could get one of them to help him back - specifically taeyung or namjoon. but he decides to stay put and watch them as they leave the field.

he's not too sure why he's decided to stay behind. maybe it's the falling leaves and their beautiful distorted colours. or perhaps the gentle breeze brushing his body and the sun kissing his skin. or maybe it's jimin walking up to him from the other end of the field--

wait. oh no. oh god no.

jeongguk is glued to the bench as the blond ambles up to him on his crutches. he's had a lifetime to move yet doesn't budge... because he can't and he isn't sure why. but with each passing second jimin gets closer and before he knows it the boy is sitting beside him.

"jeongguk?"

shit, he looks like a fucking idiot again, doesn't he?

the brunette turns to look at him, eyes shy and chin tucked slightly into his chest. he feels as though jimin is so close to him. the fact that the blond's small pinky brushes up against his own definitely doesn't help.

"i, um... you look a little pale, bun," he brings up softly and lugs his bag onto his thighs, digging through it.

there it is again. that fucking nickname. the word that causes his head to spin.

jeongguk is watching jimin's hand as it pulls out an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. just when the brunette thought he couldn't get any cuter, it's in the shape of a heart with a smiley face.

"...it's not much, i know. but it's the last one... you can have it," he offers sweetly with unintentional puppy eyes.

jeongguk is staring at the cookie, clearly malfunctioning. he takes it in his hand, brushing jimin's small fingers in the process. he's holding it before his nose, studying it.

"i promise i didn't poison it... i can take a bite first if you'd like," jimin suggests with pouty lips.

god, jeongguk can't handle the cheerleader's endearing, soft nature. he can feel his heart as it swells in his chest on the verge of bursting.

"...i trust you," the brunette murmurs breathily and dives in to take a bite.

as he's chewing, he's unaware of the way jimin is admiring him while he eats. jeongguk's tongue laps at the crumbs on his lips and coughs quietly as soon as the boy's hand presses to his knee. he looks at jimin and the blond's expression is of sympathy.

"...i know you've been avoiding me today. i may have crossed a line yesterday and if i did i'm sorry. sometimes i get too confident and it comes back to bite me in the butt," jimin apologizes with a hush tone and sincerity in his eyes.

jeongguk swallows the cookie in his mouth roughly. jimin's small fingers are still on his knee, inhibiting any possible way of replying eloquently, it seems. however he pushes himself to answer because it's what the pretty blond deserves.

"...you didn't cross a line. i just... i wasn't really ready for it, is all. i mean, i stepped on your toes. i should be the one saying sorry," jeongguk says and shies away, staring at the cookie in his hand depicting a broken heart at there's only one half left.

jimin giggles softly; music to jeongguk's ears. "my toes are okay... i'm just concerned about you. your reaction was kind of worrying."

"my reaction...? oh yeah, sorry... i'm not very smooth if you couldn't tell. i just panicked because you're a boy and stuff..." jeongguk replies, rubbing at his nape.

jimin scrunches his nose and looks down at his lap, smile fading away. "right... because you like girls, that's obvious... how did your talk with hyebin go?" he asks.

jeongguk is cleary stumped. he clears his throat and rubs at his neck. "i told her i didn't like her that way..."

jimin peers up at him. "...what happened after that?" he questions curiously.

the brunette shoves the last little bit of his cookie in his mouth to get rid of it and chews while running his palms along his thighs nervously. there's no casual way to say this.

"...i ran after you."

(a/n): kookoo's character is still coming to terms with the fact he likes boys so pls be patient. dw you'll be rewarded well i promise. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 403 17
Jeon Jungkook is a weightlifter that is so hardworking and passionate about it. He is one of the most popular student in their university because he...
286K 7.5K 33
[ TAE-KOOK ] [ STARTED: 163012] [ ENDED: 170907 ] beautiful memories: taekook FF warnings - " bullying " suicidal thoughts " huge angst new stu...
467K 24.7K 58
Park Jimin is a sassy, confident and gorgeous cheerleader while Jeon Jungkook is a gentle, handsome, and shy football player. Min Yoongi is reserved...
5.2K 372 18
in which Jimin finds himself having a soft spot for the newbie. -your favorite high school romance au clichΓ©.