Dark Tendencies (Dean Winches...

By Deansdeamgirl

You are a damn good hunter with a dark past and almost no hope for a normal future... Will your new-found fam... More

The Inevitable
Meeting the Boys
Pie
Trapped
The Experiment
Story Time
The Colt
Fail to plan you plan to fail
Backup plan
The Job
The French Mistake
Questions
Soulonoscopy
Gathering Information
Mommy Dearest
Midnight Snacks
Day Off
Stars
Drunk Confessions
Suicide House
Nightmares
Sweet Dreams
One Night Stands
The Monster
Magic Moment
Better Than Nothing
My Own Worst Enemy
Reckless
The Man Who Would Be King
Let it Bleed pt. 1
Let it Bleed pt. 2
Errands
The Real Deal
Survival of the Fittest
Bidding
Contract
48 Hours Later
Don't Give Up
Bitter-Sweet Memories
A/N
Anger Issues
Loony Toony
Drop-Bear
Steady Breaths
Moondoor

Hunting Bigfoot

1.3K 34 6
By Deansdeamgirl

*A/N did you guys hear that Eddie Van Halen died? So sad, what a legend.*

After traveling for hours to a little town in Okanogan County Washington you finally checked into your motel. It was a small enough town that not very many visitors passed through so this time you were able to get your own room. And boy were you grateful. Sand and Dean had been bickering nonstop since you got in the car this morning. Luckily you were able to drown them out with your earphones for the most part, but not well enough.

You were getting settled in, posting bigfoot sighting photos on the walls with pins to the designated location on the map. Just trying to visualize how much footwork you and the boys were going to need to cover. While staring at the map in front of you, trying to concentrate Dean opens your door and walks straight in with Sam on his tail.

"Dude, Van Halen is definitely the greatest guitarist of all time" Dean starts and you just shake your head. You were so grateful you had your own room.

"Sure Dean" Sam finally says hands up in surrender.

"Whats all this?" Dean asks pointing to the maps, photos, and strings covering the wall.

"Oh, just seeing how much treking around we will have to do to find this beast" you say turning around and admiring your work.

"There seems to be more sightings along these trails which all lead north towards a little canyon. There is nothing I can find however about caves that way, but I figure it would be worth a shot" 

Dean and Sam both nod looking over the articles. Dean takes one off the wall. "Man, we were lucky to have such a good looking Leshi last time"

You give him a strange look.

"Paris Hilton. It looked like Paris Hilton and we chopped off her head" He says smiling like its the most normal thing in the world.

"Yeah, different variety of Leshi for sure" you say taking the photo from him and hanging it back on the wall.

"Should we go scout out the trail?" Sam asks.

"I mean we can. It would be nice to get some exercise after being in the car all day"

"How long is this trail?" Dean asks.

"The one that I think could be most useful since it has the most reported missing person cases is weathertop trail which is about 3 miles give or take" Dean nods and opens the door. "Meet you in the car"

***TIme skip***

It had been three days of you hiking around the Washington mountain side with no signs of anything out of the ordinary. No one even has gone missing and your demon was getting a little anxious from the lack of activity. 

"Okay, new plan." Dean says sitting up, after listening to you and Sam talk about going on the really long hikes you haven't done yet. "You know the first hike you mentioned that the most people have disappeared on?"

Sams eyes were wide. "y/n, Dean is actually talking to us before his morning coffee". You snicker turning your attention to Dean who is looking at Sam completely unamused.

"I think we should go on that hike again"

"Why?" you ask. "We didn't find anything the first time"

"Because I don't want to go on another 10 mile hike just to turn around and do it again. Thats why." He says in a grunt. "Not to mention my feet hurt" he continues to whine,  finally getting out of bed to walk over and grab his coffee. He had major bed head and you could not take you eyes off of him. "Can we just take a break today?" he pouts.

Sam turned to you, knowing you would have more of an opinion than him.

"Yeah you guys can take a break" you say taking the last bite of you breakfast burrito.

"Wait, 'you guys?' " Sam asks a frown on his face.

"Yes, if you want a break so bad, you guys can have one. I will be fine for a day on my own. I'm a big girl" you say with your mouth full. 

"Aren't you tired? You are always the first one up, and we never go to bed before midnight" Dean asks looking at you like you were the crazy person here.

"Look. I just want to catch this thing so we can move on to the next baddie on our list" It wasn't really your style for breaks. You never really took them. It was always back to back hunting unless you got super hurt, but you wouldn't mind the time with the boys. It was just you knew that the longer your apitite grew for blood the less in control you were of your urges. 

"y/n you are not going out there alone" Dean say sternly. 

"What are you my mom?" you scoff.

"I just don't want you getting hurt" Dean replies without skipping a beat. "Give me 10 minutes and we can go on whatever hike you want" You watch as he turns around to grab his bag before heading into the bathroom. You turn to see Sams expression, he looked tired and you felt bad.

"You guys really can take a break today. I promise I won't get into too much trouble" 

"No its okay y/n" it s quiet for a minute before he speaks up again "coming to think of it I think the longest we have been without a case when traveling with you was right after Eve and we only took two days off" He says chuckling. "Have you ever taken some time for yourself?"

You think about his question. Time for myself? What would I even do?

Every now and then you find yourself in between cases for a couple days but it is mainly just watching some stupid tv show while translating books and papers. No real hobbies or outside interests. 

"I garden" you say to Sam.

"Oh really? When?" He says already knowing your answer.

"When I get the time"

"See y/n you need to learn to have some fun outside of taking a movie night or a trip to the bar or your research. You need a vacation" He says smiling. "Maybe we can do just that after all this"

Vacation. What does that even mean? What would that look like?

"Sure Sam. If you can find a way to pull me away from cases, I will go on this so called 'vacation'" you drink another sip of your coffee as  Dean comes back out of the bathroom.

"You ready?" he asks grabbing his weapon bag and jacket.

You and Sam both get up, following Dean out to his car.

It was a short 15 minute drive to the trail head. You noticed as Dean parked a couple spaces down from a little white car.

"Guess someone else is on the trail today" Sam says. You just nod in response.

The trials had all been pretty scarce which made you realize just how frequent the missing persons really was. If there were no people generally on the trail then whenever there was one, they probably got taken. 

After maybe 20 minutes into your hike you see women in hiking shorts and a tank top walking your way. "Good morning" She says smiling as she passes you. "Morning" Sam says politely.

You three make your way to the end of the trail and decide to once again take a look around.

After a couple of hours of searching and only coming across some of Sams distant relatives (a couple of moose) you decided that maybe this trail was a bust. "We should go on another trail before it gets too late, maybe notice something we haven't yet" You say, meeting back up with Sam and Dean.

One you reach the car Sam and Dean run to jump in but something catches your eye. You turn to the car that is only 15 or so feet away from you. The little white car from earlier.

You walk towards it and jiggle the handle, but it was locked. "Hey we already have a ride, lets go get lunch I'm starving" Dean hollers at you, but something didn't sit right. You look into the car and see some books and a jacket laying across the back seats, but a strap of somekind under the front. You pull out your lock pick from your jacket pocket and start to try the car door. It only took you a couple minutes and you heard Dean and Sam approaching you.

"What are you doing?" Sam asks as you pull the wallet out from under the front seat.

"Something is wrong" you say looking through it and finding the ID.

"y/n people leave cars up here all the time. Probably got picked up by their secret lover or something" Dean says.

You hand the ID to Dean and Sam peers over his shoulder. "Isn't that-"

"The woman from earlier? Yes" you answer.

"She should have been back hours ago" Sam says taking the ID from Dean to get a better look at it.

You immediately set down your bag and grab your gun, a large knife, and an iron crowbar.
"We need to go now" you say standing back up, and the boys were right behind you weapons in hand.

You followed the path back paying extra attention to your surroundings. looking for any sign of struggle. You realize that you are right where you last saw her and stop to turn back around. "Guys there has to be something" You say getting frustrated, and that's when you notice a water bottle just off the side of the path. You run towards it an pick it up, remembering the women carrying it.

"It must have got her right after we passed" Sam says. Dean was already looking around trying to pick up a trail. "Here!" he yells a few yards away. You look to see what he is looking at. Big feet. Big human-like feet.

"They are heading East?" you ask. "There aren't many mountains east of here" The boys shrug but walk in that direction with you following, looking for any more signs. Suddenly you bump into Deans back and notice him and Sam sharing a glance.

"What is it" you ask walking to the side of them. You then see what they were seeing, a big whole in the side of  small hill. You tighten your grip on your crowbar, knowing iron is the most useful tool against them. "Lets go" you say starting to walk forward, but Dean grabs your arm.

"Your just walking in there?"

"What do you expect? We have no clue what is going on in there and we can't just wait for it to come back out. It could kill that girl" you say.

His green eyes were hesitant, but he finally let you go. "Fine, but we are going in together"

You walk into the Cave like structure. There wasn't anything super special about it. Just like every other cave you had been in, just a little more earthy. You took the lead, with Dean and Sam behind you. Luckily there weren't any major passages off to the sides, only one here or there but you continued down the main corridor, thinking it would be best unless something tells you otherwise. As you got further in the cave it got darker and quieter, leading you to pull out your flashlights. When you thought you saw the end of the cave you realize there is a stone table with the woman laying on it. You run over to her and check for a pulse. It was easy to find and you nod to Sam and Dean to let them know. Sam watches behind you while Dean scoops her up to carry her out of the cave. You all nod, quietly confirming you were ready to leave.

As you make your way out of the cave, you took the rear while Sam took the front. It was important you got this girl out safely. Dean kept turning around to check on you. He would look at you as if asking if you were still okay and you would just nod enthusiastically, trying to send him the message that you were fine and for him to pay attention to where he was going and not trip.

You started to see the light of the cave enterence when there are sudden footsteps behind you quickly picking up speed. You turn around clenching your crowbar and taking a fighting position relying on your flashlight to see what is coming at you. "Run" you yell to Sam and Dean. You glance over your shoulder to see them still just standing there. "Go I will be right behind you"

Dean was hesitating, but Sam grabbed him by the arm pulling him out of the cave. "Dean we need to get her out of here" Sam said. He always had the best interest in mind. Thats when you saw it. You could feel your darkness growing inside you, getting excited for the upcoming event, but you tried to shove it down to focus on the nearly 8 ft. Tall hairy being charging right at you. You had never seen anything quite like it. It was fascinating but you refocused your energy onto preparing yourself for when it got close. 

Surprisingly it slowed down and stopped a couple yards in front of you.  You could see it a lot clearer now. It had hair everywhere, with a  long beared and eyes red with rage. "What are you doing here" it asks in a surprisingly normal voice.

"excuse me?" you ask completely caught off guard.

"You are not welcome here"

"Oh well, then, I will just find my way out" you said backing up a little more. You were not sure how quick this thing was so you figured the more space between you the better.

"Your not leaving" it said before charging at you.

You swing the crowbar full force into it and it yelled in anguish. It shoved you against the side of the cave wall causing all the air to go out of your lungs. You got back up, trying to catch your breath but the leshi grabbed you by the wrist and lifted you up against the wall. You dropped the crowbar as it started... tickling you?

You were very caught off guard even though Sam had warned you about this  but you couldn't help but laugh. You were already fairly ticklish, but whatever this thing was doing to you, you could not stop yourself from laughing.

***Deans POV***

We finally made it out of the cave and to what I would call a fairly safe distance away. Sam helped me set the woman down who was starting to wake up. "Whats going on?" she asked, but I did not have time for this. Y/n had not followed us out and I needed to go back for her.

I stood up to leave, but Sam grabbed my hand. I looked at him. "You go get her and I will follow you once I get-" he references to the woman staring at him wide eyed on the ground "-her back to her car". 

I barely acknowledged what he said. My mind was only on y/n.

As I approached the cave I heard what at first I assumed to be screams but as I ran further in, I noticed it was laughter? y/n was laughing? It made my heart flutter but I was so confused. Was she enjoying the monsters company? Suddenly the slight ease I found in her contagious laugh had was gone only to be replaced by jealousy. I marched my way to where the laughter was eminating from and I swear I had never heard y/n laugh that hard in my life. She was practically snorting and if it wasn't for the situation we were in I would have smiled at that fact.

I noticed that tall figure, taller than Sam even holding y/n to the wall and tickling her. To say I was confused would be and understatement but I knew I had to do something.

"Hey" I hear myself yell, idiotically. I see it turn towards me with anger all over its fugly face. I grip the hatchet Sam must have handed to me in my haze before I left and walked towards the monster. It suddenly dropped y/n who continued laughing even after the 9ft fall.

Maintaining eye contact with the beast I called out to y/n. "You okay over there?"

There was just more laughter in reply.

"What did you do to her?" I ask it.

It just growls in response and lundges at me. I manage to dodge it barely and get an effective swing into its back. It yells out in pain and turns around to face me again. This time I make the first move, swinging it hard towards it and the leshi grabs the ax. Damn it

Its then I notice y/n walking behind it grabbing her crowbar, no longer laughing.

"Stupid boy" it says grabbing me and pushing me to the ground. It hunches over me menacingly but that's when I notice y/n behind it. A dark look in her eyes. She strikes it hard on the head and it topples to the side of me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and look up to y/n. She looked angry and she was gripping tightly onto the crowbar while staring at the large creatures form.

"Thanks" I say pushing myself off the floor. She looks at me and a small smile comes to her lips as her expression changes to one of relief, the dark in her eyes fading back to her beautiful e/c ones.

"No problem" she says leaning down to grab the ax. She picks it up and walks over to the body.

"Just got to make sure" She says before swinging. Blood bubbled out of the creature and y/n just watched her smile fading.

"you okay?" I ask. She turns to me again taking a deep breath and grabs my arm reassuringly. Butterflies start in my stomach from the sudden touch.

"Yeah I'm good. My lungs are just really sore" She says as a smile comes back to her face. It was a fake one. I could tell. She pulls out her knife and bends over collecting some of the hair off of the creatures back. "That should be enough" I hear her tell herself before standing back up.

I grab the crowbar off the floor while she grabs my ax and we both walk out of the cave. "I didn't think you were the kind of girl to snort if you got laughing hard enough" I say, teasing her.

She smiled a gentle genuine smile while looking at the ground and my heart just melted. 

"Don't mention that ever. And don't make me laugh ever again" She warns me "That was enough laughter to last the rest of my life. I don't know if I can ever laugh the same again"  she says sarcastically.

I can't keep the smile from my lips. I look away from her for a second to see Sammy walking towards us, and I flag him down.

"What happened?" he asks, eyes wide from the blood on y/n.

"Got it" she says holding out the Leshi hair. I watch as Sams face turns to relief.

Sam looks at her and then to me, and I just nod.

"Elane is all taken care of" Sam says.

"Who's Elane?" y/n and I ask at the same time.

"The women we saved. She is fine on her way back home as we speak. She didn't remember any of it" Sam says.

"Good" y/n answers before walking again.

After a minute of silence I feel my stomach growl. "If I thought I was starving before, I am famished now" I hear a slight chuckle from the beautiful girl beside me. 

If only I could call you mine 

"Hey Sammy did you know y/n snorts when she laughs hard enough?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
760 11 7
Hello! I'm in a writing rut and always find joy and creativity in writing about my favorite fandoms. Mine just so happens to Supernatural. Expect one...
80K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
645 236 42
"The end of the world was the beginning of our lives." The Winchester's have fought their entire lives for the greater good. Ridding the world of sc...