Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 14: the obstacle course
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 17: Iida the rocket
Chapter 19: fallen angel
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco
Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
Chapter 26: how to catch a snake
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku

281 17 1
By yohocopo14

AHHHHHHHH 157 READS YOU GUYS ARE SPOILING ME STOPPPPP(pls don't stop🥺)
Thank you for the votes babes, so enjoy another chapter of your least favorite bnha ff~

~~~~

3rd person pov:

Our young protagonist sat in her assigned waiting room for the third time in the same day and patiently awaited her next fight as her purple haired friend once again watched her stretch.

In the clinic, Katherine took the time to explain to Shinso the details of her quirk after her pulled a white feather from her left wing. At first, he was a little shocked at how powerful her quirk was, but he only patted her head and said, "It's okay."

"Angel, stretching is good, but you're going a little overboard..."

Katherine looked up at Shinso looking confused, "What? I'm stretching like a normal person."

Shinso sighed and pointed at Katherine who was in a human pretzel position on the floor of the waiting room, "That's normal?"

"Yeah, you're just weird, Shinso," she chuckled, shaking her head at her friend's silliness.

He gave her a 'whatever floats your boat' look and said, "You have to fight one of the strongest people in our year, and you're stretching instead of thinking of a plan?"

"Uh- who said I wasn't thinking, stupid."

"You weren't thinking of anything were you?"

"Nope!" Katherine said cheerfully, "But I have my tiara, God, and Anime on my side, so I should be able to wiNg iT-"

She burst out in laughter because of her own lame joke meanwhile Shinso just shook his head and sighed, "I'm leaving you if you don't start thinking of a plan now."

"Shinso, you would never be able to lea- WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

"Leaving."

"WAIT I'M SORRY I'LL USE MY BRAIN COME BACK PLEASE I'M SO SORRY I NEED YOUR HELP-"

Shinso slapped his hand over his obnoxiously loud friend's mouth and hissed, "Angel, Shut up. You're so loud and for what?"

All he got was a muffled, "sorry" before he moved his hand.

She smiled at her friend and said, "Now let's get thinking."

<15 minutes of thinking later>

The two friends sat in Katherine's waiting room with furrowed eyebrows staring at the scribbles on the piece of paper in front of them. Katherine looked like she was about to cry, and Shinso actually had emotions on his face.

The tears welling up in Katherine's eyes threatened to fall and she looked at her friend, hopeful that he had a plan, but she only got a head shake and a frown.

"There's no way I can beat him, Shinso," she sniffled, "His quirk is too well developed and my quirks are nothing as long as I want to keep my voice control a secret."

Shinso's eyes brightened, "What if it wasn't a secret?"

Katherine's eyes shined for a moment then she faltered, "You understand that once people realize the nature of my quirk, they'll make me, my dad, and everyone else I'm close to feel like shit, right?"

"Yeah I know, but this might be your only chance."

Silence followed Shinso's painfully true statement.

"I'm going to go get something from the vending machine," Katherine said as she stood up from her seat. Shinso mumbled an "Okay" followed by the door slamming shut.

Katherine walked to the vending machine, hoping to find a nice cool drink to calm her down, but she found Izuku instead. Gathering her courage, she marched over to him and said, "Hey, Midoriya-san."

He looked up from the machine surprised to hear another person's footsteps, but he became nervous after seeing Katherine standing next to him, "O-Oh. Hello t-there."

"You can ignore me like everyone else. It's fine," Katherine sighed after seeing his reaction.

His eyes widened and he shook his head vigorously, "I didn't mean it like that! I actually wanted to talk to you, but the rest of the class kept telling me not to. I'm sorry."

A small smile appeared on her face, "Really? That makes me glad. Say, can I just rant to you about something?"

"G-Go ahead!"

"Okay here it goes," she took a deep breath, "So I have my match with Todoroki soon and I have no idea as to how to defeat him with the parts of my quirk that I actually use. I don't exactly have a power type quirk like you, so I can't make him tire out unless I want to be flying around the arena and endangering the crowd. My wings are useless. I have no idea what to do."

He slowly processed the information in silence. Katherine bounced on her heels impatiently until he asked, "What do you mean by the part of your quirk that you actually use?"

Katherine froze, not knowing how to answer the question.

"It has something to do with how you handled everything at the USJ, right? How you healed Aizawa sensei and almost defeated a villain who was up to par with All Might? And how you suddenly convinced those villains to comply with your orders?"

Katherine blanked, "Uh, how did you know that?"

He smiled nervously, "I kinda have a notebook where I write basically everything about every person in our class, pro heroes, and other people as well and I wrote some stuff about you and your fighting style from what I remember..."

Still confused, Katherine sighed, "Okay, you already know everything, so there's no point in keeping you in the dark anymore."

Izuku's eyes widened in curiosity and twiddled his fingers in anticipation.

"There's a specific part of my quirk that I don't like to use in front of people unless I can get away with no one noticing me because it's considered a villain's quirk," she squirmed under Izuku's intense gaze, "It's part of having my quirk which is easily compared to the powers and features of Sirens, singing goddess who lured sailors to their doom. And-"

"So you're a goddess whose come down to Earth to save humanity from ourselves because human are slowly killing the planet?"

Katherine deadpanned, "If you'd be patient enough, you'd hear that I can control people using the power of my voice."

His left eyebrow quirked up, "So like Shinso's quirk?"

"Yeah, to a certain extent it is like Shinso's quirk. I just have to sing or hum a note with the intention of controlling someone and they're under my spell. They remain in an unconscious state while I can control them," she said with bitterness, "I hate that part of my quirk more than anything in the world. I'm scared people will think that my quirk is villainous and unfit for a hero."

Izuku frowned, "Yamada-san I hope-"

Katherine groaned, "I swear, if someone calls me by my last name one more time, someone is going to lose a limb, so please just call me Katherine or anything else."

"O-Oh sorry, Katherine. Um anyways, I hope you remember that I used to be quirkless before All Might gave me his, so having a quirk and having the power to do more for the people I care about has been life changing. It also gives me a chance at accomplishing my goal of becoming the number one hero someday," he clenched his fist and looked at the girl before him who seemed to be surprised at the sudden anger on his face, "You have no idea how unbelievably angry it makes me when people say they don't like their quirks and refuse to use them."

Katherine was frozen in place as she listened to her classmate's words.

"If you have the power to succeed for the people who do not have the means to, you must use all of your power. There are many who hold grudges for people with villainous quirks, but a quirk that is used by a villain is evil, not the quirks used by heroes. Therefore, no one can blame you nor loathe you for being born with a quirk that makes you who you are and give you the power to save people."

Katherine's eyes began watering as she rushed towards him and wrapped him in a bone crushing hug. Her sobs echoed off of the walls of the long hallways and Izuku panicked at the sight of the crying girl hugging him.

"K-Katherine, p-please don't c-cry!"

She only held him tighter and whispered, "Thank you."

He relaxed and held her closer. The smell of her intoxicating ocean side scent making him drowsy as she snuggled closer into his chest. He let out a sigh of comfort as his face turned a brilliant shade of red when he saw Katherine's purple haired friend staring at them hugging in front of the vending machine.

"Uh Angel?" Shinso called out, "You weren't back for a while so I came to check on you and you're hugging the guy that beat me?"

Katherine giggled, still firmly sttached to Izuku's larger frame, "I'm fine plus Izuku is friendly, so you stop holding a grudge, you meanie."

Shinso looked at her wiping her eyes and blushing cheeks and tilted his head in confusion, "Are you sure, Angel? You look... like a mess."

Izuku laughed as the said "mess" wrestled Shinso to the ground, "SCREW YOU, SHINSO!"

In a desperate need of a distraction, Shinso screamed, "YOUR MATCH IS STARTING SOON, ANGEL!"

Katherine looked at the time in her phone after untangling herself from Shinso who was still laying on the floor looking like he was run over by a truck, "CRAP!"

She dusted off her tracksuit and stopped in front of Izuku and asked, "Do I look okay?"

He nodded then proceeded to fix the tiara sitting on the top of her head and smiled, "You got this, Katherine."

The boy began blushing, so Shinso intervened and shoved Katherine in the direction of her designated tunnel entrance. She fled the scene screaming about being late, so he looked at the blushing nervous green haired hero in training.

"She's my friend, so don't expect me to hand her over so easily to a kid like you," Shinso sneered at the shorter boy before him.

Said boy shook as he said, "W-Well, I wasn't going to steal her or something but I mean she is really pretty and nice and-"

"You have five seconds to run."

Izuku paled as Shinso began counting down and ran all the way to the student stands where the rest of him class was awaiting the match where Todoroki would fight the seemingly villainous girl who was also in their class.

~~~~

ive rewritten this chapter about a million times and im so sorry i didn't upload on friday or saturday like i usually would. ive been feeling kinda bad abt my writing so i didn't know if i should keep writing but idk. i feel like no one rly enjoys it except for me so it's a little frustrating... bUt until someone tells me to stop, imma keep writing bc idgaf :D

i try to make each chapter at least 1000+ words(this chapter is 1862 words fufu) but i feel like its still too short. what do y'all think? ill try to find a good schedule to upload chapters now that there are a few people who actually like my story (i love u guys btw :3) but im still trying to figure my stupid life out rn sorry :/

also if y'all like my story, pls comment stuff bc i'd love to interact w y'all and see what you guys think is gonna happen. HEHEHE i have the whole story planned out already :P 

this is a rly long author's note smh imma leave u guys alone now,

cath <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

832K 32.7K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...
1.8K 134 44
"If you lose me, I lose you, so let's just agree not to lose each other, okay?" From her quirk to her lineage, Katherine Ride often feels like the od...
2.1K 112 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...