Swarg Agaman //Awakening In T...

By navsmita69

MAHABHARAT--- Though the fighting between the Pandavs and Kauravs remain at the heart of it, the epic revolve... More

INTRODUCTION
°EPIGRAPH°
CHARACTERS
१. The Doorway
२.Swarg-Narak
३. Aurora
४. Trance
५. Caelum
६. Mystery
७. Surge
८. Pristine
९. Affinity
||Cliff||
AUTHOR'S NOTE
१०. Querencia
११. Metanoia
१२. Aureate
१४ . Cicatrize
१५. Atelier
10K SPECIAL
१६. Adriel
BOOK AESTHETICS
१७. Eunoia
||Cliff||

१३. Latibule

1.1K 59 86
By navsmita69

A/N: Double update coz it's my birthday today and why not? Kind of my treat *wink*

"Chotimaa please..." Yudhisthir pleaded for what it seemed for the hundredth time.

Yudhisthir couldn't help but feel guilty. He never meant to eavesdrop to such a private conversation. He was also a private person who sometimes bottled up his feelings for other's sake and thus, he could know how one's privacy matters. Madri at last spoke her mind to Draupadi, after everything she went through. He wished feverently that he could retrace his steps and better, shove his head to a hole.

Draupadi sighed. Why was she stuck in a hell-bent awkward situation? Moreover, the most troublesome part was her husband's thought. I mean it's not my fault he thinks so damn loud.

I don't think loud. I think logic and I am in a much more awkward situation than you are.

She shot his head up and bit her lips. Sometimes she was also amused by her and Yudhisthir's telepathy. It helped them a lot honestly, being the emotionally introvert he is.

I looked for you where we left Jyestha and Mata. Where have you wandered?

Someplace. I had...some figuring to do about myself.

What were you figuring here? Aren't you supposed to relax a bit?

I had work to do and I still can't figure out...things.

Don't tell me. Were you hitting on some apsaras?  She narrowed her eyes.

Ha ha. Very funny. I am no Nakul or Arjun. Or in that case, any of my brothers. Panchali, have you not actually seen my face? I look like grass, and not just grass, those wild brown grass.

I am telling these because I have definitely seen your face and in that context I have seen much more than only your face--

YAGNASENI DRAUPADI! Watch your tongue! I am literally 100 year old, stop hitting on me like a teenager.

DHARMARAJ YUDHISTHIR! So why are your cheeks turning pink? I have never seen teenage unlike you. I have two kids with you, what tongue? For all we know I know your tongue.

Oh god, I can't even. I am sorry milady, but I think we are in the middle of pacifying our mother, so avert your mind from filthy thoughts.

You don't get to scold me. You were the one thinking so loud.

"I am so ashamed Yudhisthir. I-I can't...I don't know how to make you forgive me. My ego and compassion always make me a heartless person. Yudhisthir..." Madri muttered in a decible slightly higher than whisper. Her hands were fidgeting with the end part of her quilt. Her eyes didn't even dared to meet Yudhisthir's eyes, for all she knew, he might burn her.

Yudhisthir placed his hands upon Madri's shaking hands. Her mind somehow find tranquility.

"Maa, how can I forgive you, when I am not even angry?" Yudhisthir said with his calming voice. "I understand, and even if I don't I take in account of your feelings and respect them. You can never be in wrong for thinking about your children's life. It makes us human. Your blazing heart may burn me but I don't care. I will always pacify or the the least try to pacify.

Chotimaa, I love Nakul and Sahadev. Those two little munchkins, are my ataraxian children."

Madri's heart and eyes smiled upon hearing that her munchkins are Yudhisthir's little one's too.

"Arya, why don't you narrate the Madra incident?" Draupadi suggested her eyes gleaming with hope.

"What happened in Madra?" Madri asked with a hush.

"The Madra incident, yeah.
Some months had passed since we established Indraprasth. Nakul and Sahadev with their excellent skills for politics and finance were already a household name along the land. Maharaj Shalya paid us a visit, also we had to discuss about Vijaya's marriage. One night, he proposed in private to Nakul and Sahadev. He presented Nakul to be the heir of the whole Madra kingdom and Sahadev to be the crown prince. Mamashree Shalya had two daughters, that leaves Nakul, being your eldest son, to be the next king.
When I came to know about it, I decided to act as their guardian, not as their elder brother. I couldn't even imagine Hastinapur without them, but again it would be selfish of me. It pained me, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I will give them the permission to rule Madra independently, in the end it would make me proud.
But god, Arjun, my little brother squabbled with his Jyestha probably for the first time and well, Bheem was in the verge of shoveling my head. After all, Nakul and Sahadev were Bheem's heartbeat. The brother in me scolded my exterior self for being a guardian, don't let them slip out of your heart you idiot, it said. But my duty towards them bounded me.

I then decided to meet them, with a sulky Bheem and frowning Arjun. I wanted to break the news myself. The moment I blurted out that they might go to Madra, I wished I hadn't. Nakul pounced on me, screaming. It seemed like his lungs would break open his ribs, but he didn't care.
He accused me saying, 'Will you give Bhrata Bheem the permission to rule Kuntibhoja? No you wouldn't. Because you love him. How could you love us? We are your step brothers after all'. His voice clearly indicated that he scared and hurt himself more than it affected me. I knew it was his love for all of us. Nakul was always a cheeky child who didn't beat around the bushes. He spoke his mind openly.

Going back at it, Bheem found a opening and the duo started howling so much so that the whole Indraprasth started shaking. Sahadev was constantly mouthing 'don't Nakul. Apologize.', but all in vain. I walked up to him, ruffled his curly locks, swept his face clean from snot and tears and caged both Nakul and Sahadev close to my heart, never to let them go."

"Nakul is very passionate in his speech, which turns him naive. He sometimes let his emotions cloud him and he doesn't even realize that his words shatter him more than the person in the other side. Believe me, I know." Madri disclosed indicating the events of her meeting with Nakul. "And Sahadev is a tad bit like you, Yudhisthir. He suffices his feelings for others."

Draupadi nodded. "I feel contentment in you Chotimaa. I know now, your mind is in peace and your raging heart is fluttering with trust.
Life was not a bed of roses for any of us, but again that's what life is. There were many times, when we thought 'this is it,no more pain', but again we were wrong. Nevertheless, the one thing that kept our family from being crippled is the little latibule, our little strings that connect each of us, the place that we call home. It doesn't mean the mighty Indraprasth or the lavish Hastinapur. It can be the shade of a banyan tree, for all we know. It becomes our latibule when the string of our heart connects." Panchali finished in an appealing voice.

All of them flashed a jovial smile. Madri had to pinch her nose to stop grinning like a idiot she is, and also her cheeks were starting to hurt. Her expressions elevated the laughter out of Yudhisthir and Draupadi.

"Is that Jiji waving like a maniac?" Madri strained her eyes upon the plump figure of Kunti frantically gesturing her hands and calling Madri. The smug look on her face was evident that the mingling with Karn didn't went so bad and she sure had some steamy gossip to pour upon Madri.

"Yudhisthir, please don't--" Madri began with a apologetic tone, but was instead cut off.

"What? You didn't tell me anything." He retaliated with mock confusion.

Madri shrugged and drifted to Kunti. In a moment, both of them were gone.

"You just lied." Draupadi eyes were wide open. Sure, Madri talked with him, so why he said she didn't?

"Technically, she didn't tell me, she was telling you. I just happen to pass-by." He shrugged.

"Nice played. Now, why were you passing by? Where have you been and what 'thing'? And don't give me any excuses, you know I can see right through you." Draupadi now donned her authoritative tone.

Yudhisthir rolled his eyes. It was no use of stalling from the topic. He couldn't lie and Draupadi wouldn't be satisfied with a half truth. He scratched his nape, how to put the 'thing' lightly?

"I don't think I am dead, yet."

K. I am done. Shit, my fingers hurt. From the past week I have been deciding to write these two chapters, but oh no no I didn't. I passed my precious time with webseries, AGAIN!

Q: WHAT ARE YOUR FAB SERIES? (don't give me any saas-bahu or freaky television shit)

Now, I completed, them in 4 hours and I think I am gonna pass out.

Yeah my b-day I know, but be hell with corona seriously, I might cry. Completed 17 years of my life and hella I am gonna be of legal age next year.

Please tell how you liked it. Ah yes, the Madra incident is actually true. I just went overdrive with my or may I say, Nakul emotions because that's why he will react.
navsmita69 out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 686 14
~𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝟝 𝕠𝕗 𝕂𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕟𝕒-𝔸𝕣𝕛𝕦𝕟 𝕛𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤~ The war has left only devastation in its wake and the nightmares have become...
37.8K 1.6K 19
Historical fiction [Mahabharat] Book on eternal lovers !! Pandav brothers and their beloved Krishnaa... Focused on different parts from their whole l...
20.5K 2.3K 73
The stage is set for another leela of Bhagwaan Vishnu, where all the gods and goddesses play a significant role. Now starts the saga where heartbreak...
8.8K 377 19
[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] Cover credits-@KanhaiyakiSakhi9112 Book one of AaVan's tale. Mahabharara, an epic that teaches us about justice , sacrifices...