Blank Canvas

By You-Only-Love-Once

A woman wakes up beaten and alone with no idea what her name is or how she got there. With only the clothes o... More

Copyright
Chapter One: Date Unknown
Chapter Two: Date Unknown
Chapter Three: Date Unknown
Chapter Five: October 27th, 2020
Chapter Six: October 27th, 2020 Continued
Chapter Seven: October 30th, 2020
Chapter Eight: October 31st, 2020
Chapter Nine: November 5th, 2020:
Chapter Ten: November 6th, 2020
Chapter Eleven: November 7th, 2020
Chapter Twelve: November 8th, 2020:
Chapter Thirteen: November 10th, 2020:
Chapter Fourteen: November 11th, 2020:

Chapter Four: October 26th, 2020

8 3 1
By You-Only-Love-Once

"Hey, honey." My head shot up and saw detective Smith at the doorway of my hospital room. I spent the last three nights here because the doctors wanted to watch my levels of ZIP. I haven't had a flashback since the day Kate attempted to place an IV in my arm. I was hoping if the levels decreased, my memory would come back, but I was met with disappointment.

"I bought some clothes for you. I have no idea if they will fit, but I tried to get the smallest size for you. Along with that, I bought you a pair of shoes. They should fit since we measured your feet the other day." The detective walked in with a small smile on her face as she handed me the clothes and shoes. "The nurse said you were ready to be released and I have a surprise for you, so go ahead and change in the bathroom. I will meet you outside of the room."

I nodded as I grabbed the clothes and shoes from her with a small, close-lip smile on my face. I looked down and saw a pair of black leggings along with a plain, maroon t-shirt. The shoes were plain, black tennis shoes. I whispered a thank you before walking to the bathroom as the coldness from the floor seeped through my thin socks that the hospital provided me.

I turned on the light and closed the door behind me. I glanced at myself in the mirror and attempted to comb my thin, brown hair with the small, pink brush that the detective got for me as hair continued to fall out. I sighed and placed the brush down on the sink. The nurse stated I was losing hair because I did not have the nutrients I needed to have healthy hair. I did not know what nutrients are, but I was too embarrassed to ask. I stared into my brown eyes as I took in my characteristics such as my narrow or pale skin that was speckled with bruises that were slowly healing. I do not remember the last time I ever looked at myself in the mirror before this.

I took off my green, flowery gown and changed into the new clothes. The other day, the detective bought me a few pairs of underwear, a toothbrush with toothpaste, deodorant, and the hairbrush. She taught me the reason behind the toothbrush and deodorant. My teeth had black spots on a few of them and my mouth bleeds every time I brush my teeth. The nurse recommended a dentist for me to make an appointment with, but I was self-conscious.

I sighed as I looked down at my body in disgust. The clothes were baggy on my scrawny body and tears welled up in my eyes. I felt bad because she was spending her money on a lost cause like me. I quickly wiped at my eyes before packing up my items and leaving the bathroom.

I glanced around the room to make sure I wasn't leaving anything; I would feel bad if I left something and the detective had to buy it for me again. The detective was staring down at her phone when I left the room so I cleared my throat to get her attention.

She looked up suddenly at me with a smile on her face. She placed her phone in her pantsuit pocket before waving me over, signaling me to follow her. She escorted me out of the hospital to her car. Once we got into the car, I spoke up, "what's the surprise, detective?"

She sighed before replying, "I told you before that you can call Erin."

"I am sorry, det-Erin," I corrected myself as I gave her a apologizing smile.

"Well, I took the markings that were left on your bicep and I finally found Liam Baker with the same birthday."

"No way!" A grin made its appearance onto my face, but I immediately closed to my lips to hide my teeth.

"Yes, he is waiting back at the police station for us. Are you ready to finally get some answers?"

I nodded with excitement. I finally felt hopeful that Erin and I would be able to get to the bottom of this and figure out what happened to me that night.

~~

I sat on the metal chair in the interrogation room, waiting for Erin to bring Liam back. I was shaking and my teeth were chattering due to how freezing the room was. I was wishing for not only more clothes, but I was also wishing that Liam knew something. Anything would help even if it was the smallest detail. Anxiety filled my body as I bit my nails, unable to relieve the nervous tension. What if he did not know me? What if his name was written on my body to push me farther away from the truth?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw the door open in my peripheral vision. I immediately stood up and a tall boy around my age walked in. His muscular body strained the fabric that surrounded his biceps and chest. His black hair was swept across his forehead as his dark, blue eyes bore into mine. Suddenly, his jaw dropped as he brought his hands to cover his mouth. He bent down and placed his head in his hands, repeating no way multiple times while shaking his head. Erin and I made eye contact, questioning the situation that was happening before us.

Eventually, he stood up and wiped the tears that stained his cheeks before running over to me, embracing me tightly. He combed his fingers through my hair as he rested his chin on top of my head. My arms were pinned down to my sides. He brought his head down the side of my head until his warm breath tickled my ear as he spoke softly, "I cannot believe it's you. I never thought I would see you again, but here you are. My wishes came true."

He held onto me for the longest time until Erin spoke up, "Liam, I think it's time to let that girl breathe." When he pulled away, I suddenly craved for his touch; I felt safe in his arms for some reason. My mind was swirling with questions and I did not know where to start, but Erin took the lead. "Let's sit down."

Erin and I took a seat on one side of the metal table while Liam sat across from us. Coldness of the metal seeped through my clothes and into my bones. Weirdly I was missing his hug and his warmth. I felt as if no one could ever touch me again when I was in his arms as if he was my protector. "Liam, do you know her?" Erin questioned as she placed a hand onto my shoulder before giving a squeeze for reassurance.

"Yes, I do. She is Clarissa Gilbert. Her family and I used to call her Clary as a nickname." Clary. That was my name? It didn't feel familiar, but nothing did either. How does he know me? Or my family?

"How do yo-you know me?" I whispered softly, unable to project my voice any louder.

He placed his palms on the table, moving himself closer to me. "You really don't remember? Do you remember Lucas at least? Was he with you?" I shook my head, trying to remember Liam and this guy, Lucas, but I could not even remember myself. He took a deep breath and leaned back into his chair combing his hands through his hair, making it stick up in different directions. Silence filled the room until he found his voice, "Clary, you were my childhood best friend. Lucas is my brother. Both you and Lucas were taken ten years ago and we never found out who to-took y-you." Tears began to fill his waterline as he stared up at the bright light on the ceiling, blinking them away as he sighed. "I never thought we would find either one of you, but here you are."

I sat there as I felt like I could not move an inch. My body was stuck in place and I had no idea what to do or say. I had so many questions, but my mouth felt as if it was full of cotton. I tried to form words to talk, but Liam spoke up before I could, "are you sure Lucas was not with you?"

Suddenly, I was transported into a room that was dark, making it difficult to see clearly, but I was still able to make out objects. I peered down at my body and saw the same clothes that I was wearing the night I woke up in the alley on my body. A metal tray that held an empty, plastic container that I assumed had food in it was sitting by my bare foot. I was sitting on a mattress that had no sheet on it.

I peered up and saw a toilet in the far corner on the right side of the room along with a sink in front of it. Then, on the left corner, I saw a makeshift shower which was a pipe coming out of the wall. An assortment of bottles were on the floor underneath it. There was a metal door in front of me and I ran up to attempt to open it with all my strength. When it refused to open, I turned my back towards the door and dropped to the floor as tears filled my eyes, blurring my vision. I wiped my eyes and stared ahead of me at the mattress that I once occupied and saw a figure laying down on it with a small, blue blanket covering the person. The blanket did not quite fit the tall build of the person as his bare feet was showing and they were hanging off the side of the bed. I stood up, walked over, and placed my hand on their shoulder as they turned aroun-

I was pulled out of my trance with Liam beside me, shaking my shoulder while Erin was staring at me with concern on her face. I looked around and saw I was back in the interrogation room. I had another flashback. Is that where I have been for the last ten years? Who was in the room with me? Should I tell them?

"Clary?" Liam asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. We made eye contact before he continued,"are you okay?"

I nodded, trying to form words, but yet my brain and mouth failed me.

His eyebrows were scrunched together in concern. "What happened, Clary?"

I shook my head before wrapping my arms around his neck. He embraced me back tightly and whispered, "I missed you every day you were gone, Clary. I am so grateful to have you back." Sobs racked both of our bodies as we held onto one another with dear life. I could not say the same back to him because I did not remember him, but I knew he was a safe person and I would do anything to feel safe again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

181K 4.2K 18
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
213K 10.3K 57
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
3.8M 89K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
169K 1K 34
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...