Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 14: the obstacle course
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku
Chapter 19: fallen angel
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco
Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
Chapter 26: how to catch a snake
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 17: Iida the rocket

287 17 0
By yohocopo14

*distant screeching* thank you for 3 votes im so happy🥺

Enjoy~

~~~~

third person pov(let's switch things up y'all):

There was a second of clarity that Katherine felt when she walked into the sunlight gracing the crowded stadium. A moment when the cheers and screaming went silent. A moment when her own thoughts disappeared. A moment when the glares of her peers softened into nothingness. The single, clear moment was when Katherine felt as if she was reborn. 

The fire within her was blazing and it was visible in her strong gaze upon her opponent. She breathed in and held onto this moment. Then she felt a small smile playing on her lips. 

Finally, she was ready to embrace herself.

"After that terrifyingly awesome fight between Izuku Midoriya and Shoot Todoroki, we have another edgy battle today!"

"Tenya Iida versus," Katherine's opponent for her second round waved with a polite smile on his face.

"MY DAUGHTER KATHERINE YAMADA!!!" Katherine allowed her genuine smile find its place, comfortably on her brightened face.

Then she did something she hadn't even thought of doing since coming to japan: she summoned her wings.

Pure, white wings spread to their full, long length at Katherine's sides causing the crowd to gasp in awe of this new occurrence. They seemed to have a mind of their own as they began flapping around, almost as if they were celebrating.

The audience screamed in response to her beautiful greeting and began cheering harder.

"KICK HIS ASS, WREN!"

"YOU'RE SO COOL~"

"YOU CAN DO THIS, KATHERINE!"

The girl's smile grew as she waved to the adoring crowd. Unknown to her, her opponent was starting to be irritated at her and the crowd's behavior, "Can we please begin the match?"

Midnight, the referee, nodded, "Ready..."

Iida stretched his legs.

"Set..."

Katherine cracked her knuckles and smirked as she realized how annoyed Iida seemed to be.

"...GO!"

The crowd was cheering, but neither fighters moved a muscle. They eyed each other carefully trying to figure out their next move. Then Iida made the mistake of twitching his left foot to the right indicating his planned route.

Katherine took this sign and kicked off the ground and flew at Iida at full speed at his left. When Iida began moving to the right, just as planned, Katherine stuck her foot out and managed to trip him before the engines in his legs powered up enough to gain speed.

He grunted as he caught himself before hitting the ground and quickly moved out of the way as Katherine foot narrowly missed his side. They went into a flurry of hand-to-hand combat both of them matching the other's pace perfectly.

After dodging a punch, she thought she had an opening, so she went for it. Wrong move.

Unknown to her, Iida had to yet to move his left leg and was secretly charging it for a powerful kick to the stomach. When Iida's leg hit Katherine's side, she didn't feel anything for a moment and then the pain hit as she flew to the other side of the rectangle.

She groaned as she threw up what she had for breakfast: a croissant. 

She wiped her mouth while breathing heavily, trying to regain focus. Then she flew up into the air in an attempt to get away from Iida who was seconds away from landing yet another painful blow.

She felt heavier than usual and it took more energy to stay at a constant place in the sky. The wonders of not flying for a month.

As the pain from her abdomen began to fade a little, she whispered to herself, "I just need to get closer to him and I'll be set."

With that, she remained in the sky for a few seconds before she felt a tugging on her foot. She looked down at Iida who had used his engines to boost himself to Katherine's relatively low height.

"WOW IIDA WAS LIKE A ROCKET!"

He began dragging her down to the ground and proceeded to slam her body into the dirt. The crowd gasped and Katherine cried out in pain.

She found herself on the floor in front of Iida who was a few feet away and approaching. Her right wing was set at an unusually crooked angle, so she allowed her wings to disappear. She panted in exhaustion and anticipation as Iida stood over her with a frown, "I thought you were supposed to be good?"

She spit out blood onto his shoe in response.

"Ugh, that's impolite and disgusting, Yamada. Your father must be so disappointed in his daughter for having a villain's quirk and not even being able to take someone down with it."

That's when Katherine completely lost her shit. Like all the common sense in this child's brain took a vacation to Cancun and never came back.

She grabbed his hand and threw him over her by kicking him. Iida landed on his back a few meters away from Katherine as she quickly scampered away.

Both of them faced each other while breathing heavily. Katherine ran towards him and initiated another few seconds of close hand-to-hand combat before promptly spitting in his eye to which he closed his eye and yelled, "EW" before finding himself in a head lock.

Katherine looked at him with a small smile, her long black hair glistening in the sunlight as her eyes softened as he heard her hum something and then Tenya Iida was under Katherine's control.

Of course, the crowd had no idea what had happened and neither would Iida when he woke up after declaring defeat.

When he woke, he found himself standing in front of Katherine who seemed very pleased with herself and nineteen annoyed classmates glaring at him from the stands. He was very confused when he saw the Katherine had won the match, "What happened?"

The girl looked at him with a kind look, "You probably just blacked out from too much adrenaline, but you forfeited and I won the match."

"I DID WHAT?!"

Katherine chuckled politely, "Yeah, you forfeited the match. You did really well though."

He mumbled something that no one could decipher and stomped off.

Katherine sighed and the crowd noticed her upset state, but no one knew what to do.

"KATHERINE I BOUGHT ANOTHER CROWN FOR YOU!"

The saddened hero in training looked up into the stands to find the girl who had given her a crown that she lost in the first round of battles. That girl was waving around a shiny, new tiara and jumping up and down.

Katherine's mood immediately brightened and yelled, "COME MEET ME IN RECOVERY GIRL'S CLINIC! ASK SOMEONE TO TAKE YOU THERE FOR KATHERINE YAMADA!"

The crowd laughed when a small, "oKaY!" was heard.

Katherine walked over to her tunnel area to find her worried purple haired friend.

"Hi, Shinso~ Did you miss me so much that you couldn't even wait a few more minutes to see me?" she asked as she nudged her friend.

"Shut up and get on my back, Angel."

"Okay." she climbed onto his back as her carried her piggyback style(the superior style of transportation lmao) to the clinic.

Halfway there, they ran into crown girl who was on her way to the clinic, too.

"Hi, there!"

The girl was startled to see her role model being carried by the guy who lost in his first round battle, "Uh- hi Katherine! Here, I had my mom drop off another crown, but she got a tiara instead."

Katherine inspected the tiara and smiled, "It's perfect. Thank you so much."

The girl blushed waved good-bye.

"Wow, she totally thinks you're hot."

Katherine smacked Shinso's purple covered head, "Everyone thinks I'm hot except for you, dumbass."

Shinso smirked, "Oh no. I think you're slipping... what am I going to do~"

"SHINSO IF YOU DROP ME, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL YOU AND BURY YOU NEXT TO A TRASH YARD WHERE YOU WILL- owie."

"Bruh-" he said while walking to the clinic, "Is that the only thing you say when you get hurt?"

"Shut up."

His laughs could be heard from the next corridor where a certain Todoroki stood hidden in the shadows.

'Katherine Yamada...' he thought as he stood watching Shinso attempt to naruto run while Katherine was screaming on his back. 'Just who the hell are you?'

~~~~

ahaha totally not me writing 1000+ words of my fanfiction instead of sleeping :)

aNywaYs, i hope you guys are feeling awesome this wonderful Monday because i definitely am not. my head hurts and i have the sniffles. i want to just leave this cruel world, but who would feed y'all absolutely trash ff if i was gone? yeah, see?

ok im sleepy.

have a nice week,

cath <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 28.1K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
2.1K 112 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...
1.8K 134 44
"If you lose me, I lose you, so let's just agree not to lose each other, okay?" From her quirk to her lineage, Katherine Ride often feels like the od...
22.6K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...