Daylight

By RezuuRoar

Sasuke has long forgotten his quest for revenge thanks to Naruto. He can now finally move on to accept what l... More

Daybreak
Spring
Light
A New Dawn Pt.1
A New Dawn Pt.2
A New Dawn Pt.3
A New Dawn Pt.4
Sunrise
Twilight
Dusk Pt.1
Dusk Pt.2
Moonlight Pt.1
Moonlight Pt.2
Aurora Pt.1
Aurora Pt.2
Sunset Pt.1
Sunset Pt.2
Flicker
Sunlight Pt.1
Sunlight Pt.2
Starlight
Glow
Sundown
Spark
Afterglow Pt.1
Afterglow Pt.2
Dayspring
Kindle Pt.1
Midnight
Dawn
Nightfall
Scarlet Spring
Illuminate
Cosmos Pt.1
Cosmos Pt.2
Ignite
Daylight
Author's Note/Outtake

Kindle Pt.2

613 22 7
By RezuuRoar

A/N: Thank you to all the votes! It's so heartwarming to know that there are people out there who are enjoying my work.

Yarrow

The moon hung high in the sky, clouds passing through sporadically with no care in the world. The silver glow of moonlight dispersed throughout the field, and Sasuke could still make out the white delicate blooms of yarrow flowers. The white caught his eye, and he was reminded of a May two years prior: it was a cool afternoon when he arrived at Sakura's home. Her bedroom window had been left open as per usual and he had snuck into her single bed. The house was empty, and so he took it upon himself to rest beneath her covers. He wasn't sure how much time had passed when she came eventually arrived home, but she woke him up with a surprised, "Oh! Welcome home, Sasuke-kun."

He sleepily answered back, "I'm home, Sakura."

His eyes drooped lazily as he tried to focus his eyes on his beloved wife. He heard a soft chuckle and then a, "I'll let you rest, Sasuke-kun."

"No," he rasped out. "Come here," he demanded. He scooted over to the left and made some space and patted over the blanket.

He blinked a few times, attempting to chase the sleep away. When his vision finally focused, he could clearly make out a pink enchantress dressed in a tan top and white jeggings whose bottom lips were being chewed as she approached him with a light blush. She eventually made her way to him and lied down beside him. He brought his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. His hand then snaked upwards until it was resting on the back of her head, and he brought their foreheads together. He closed his eyes again when he heard a hushed, "Sasuke, we can't sleep. I'll need to leave in a few hours again and pick Sarada up from Choji's."

He opened his eyes and stared at the beauty that lay before him. He traced her cheek lightly with his thumb and heard her breath hitch. He paused and wondered if she knew what he was thinking this very moment. You're beautiful. His intense stare was matched with a brighter shade of blush and he pecked her lips before abruptly turning away and kicking the covers of himself. She gasped when he saw the secret which he had just exposed.

"S-Sasuke-kun... Y-you're n-naked!" She stammered.

"Hn," was his only reply.

He turned back towards her and tugged at the loose sleeves of her elbow.

"Darling? What are you d-doing?" she asked timidly.

He continued tugging, but when the enchantress didn't grant him his wish, he grunted, "Off."

Her eyes went wide for a split second, and then her mouth roared into a laughter. "You're so cute!" she squealed. "Aw, Sasuke. Can we just cuddle?"

"No."

He realised the selfishness of his own desires and then took his monosyllabic statement back. His gaze flickered to her foot stroking his leg and then back up to her. "I mean, if you don't want to, then, I can't make you..." he shyly admitted with a light blush.

She giggled again and then brushed the tip of his nose with a kiss. She sat up and proceeded to undress. He looked at her with a quizzical brow. She sat in front of him and pinched his left cheek. "I just wanted to see how you'd react," she admitted. "You really are cute, darling."

He shoved her back down onto the bed in irritation. His jaw was set firmly as he glared down at her with his mismatched eyes. "Stop laughing at me, Sakura. Or you'll regret it," he threatened into her left ear, voice dripping with seduction.

"What will be my punishment if I don't?" she asked, all the while trying to bite down another burst of giggles. He could almost see the words 'cute' forming on her tongues. He gripped her waist in annoyance and dug his nails into her until she squealed out his name. The tomoes of his sharingan span lazily at first, and then picked up as he moved away from her ear and stared down at her crimson cheeks, and then at her viridian eyes. He showed her his inner most desires and she gasped beneath him. When he finally released her from his fantasies, she brought a hand to his dark hair and sifted her hand through it.

"You know... if you really want to do all that... you'll have to make me laugh at you," she pointed out, her lips twisting into a satisfied smirk.

His brows narrowed as he continued glaring down at her. "It looks like you're doing a good job of that yourself," he grumbled.

"So erm, remember that time you said you wanted to 'revive' your clan? Did you by any chance understand what you were implying? Or maybe you were insinuating that you would happily oblige to any of your fangirls' desires?" she provoked whilst biting back a grin.

He rolled his eyes and huffed. "Fuck off, Sakura," he spat.

She giggled and asked, "Is that still one of yours goals then? To revive your clan?"

Sasuke nestled himself atop Sakura, finding comfort in her body hugging him back. His head was planted just under her jaw, and he whispered to her bare shoulder, "I think I already have."

"What do you mean?" he heard his favourite female voice ask.

"I have you, Sakura. And together, we created Sarada out of our love. That's all the family I need."

She sighed into his hair. "Out of love, hmm?" she echoed. "Yes, I suppose that's right. But Sasuke, I hope you won't be breaking another promise," she teased.

He tilted his head to look up at her to ask what she was referring to. But as soon as he saw the smug look on her face, he knew exactly what she meant. "I won't," he promised. And just like that, the dance between a husband and wife started. Pants and sighs echoed throughout the bedroom, and two beings merged into one. Everlasting love was created, like the pure white petals that yarrow flowers symbolise, and it filled the room with a romantic sensation like no other. He had a thousand reasons to love her, but even with almost six years of marriage, he still had no idea why she loved him.

Once all his carnal desires had been manifested into reality, he found himself now being the one whose body was being used as a mattress as his wife's silky pink hair tickled his chin. He could sense the uneasiness in her breathing and in her racing pulse, and he asked her, "What's wrong? Did I hurt you?"

"No, no. Nothing like that," she clarified. "It's just... us. These clandestine meetings. Running around behind everyone's backs. Hiding and lying to our friends, and most importantly, our daughter. When will it end, Sasuke?"

Sasuke found her wrist resting on his chest and held it, tracing the silver bangle that was wrapped around her slender form. His fingers then glided upwards until they locked with hers. He brought her hand to his lips and kissed each fingertip before turning her hand around so he could bless each of her knuckles with his lips too. Every kiss was an apology deep from within his soul.

"I don't know Sakura," he mumbled into her hand. "I'm sorry it has to be like this."

"It's not your fault, I know," she assured him with a sigh. "Sarada has inherited your strong love, and because of that, she deeply misses you. And it caused her to awaken her sharingan at such a young age which caused us some problems as she nearly turned blind... and her little heart couldn't take your sudden absences and then you appearing randomly. It was confusing for her, I know. I understand a lot more now, Sasuke. Now that I've had the time to think it through. So I don't blame you. But..."

Their conversations often went like this, Sasuke mused. Sakura either updated him on Sarada's life and activities, and if she did not, she would ask when Sasuke will be ready to come back home properly, even though she knew the answer was not anytime soon. It would often end with Sasuke's silences or his heartfelt one-word apologies. Nothing he could say could mend them back to how they were: he used to have the shiniest things - a family that loved him, and he too that loved them dearly back - but now those shiny things were rusting.

"...even if you and Sarada can't see each other, the next best thing I'd want is if we could just not hide to meet each other. If there was some sort of way..."

"You mean, if we could just not be us for one day, you mean?" he entertained her idea. "If we could just abandon our responsibilities? We've done that before, and I'd do it again if I could."

Her words sprang her to life and she jumped off of him and kneeled beside him, her hands shaking his shoulders in excitement. "That's it, Sasuke! We just don't have to be ourselves!" she exclaimed with a wide grin, her eyes shining with mischief.

He looked at her like she was crazy. His wife had truly lost it. What was she even talking about, he wondered.

"Sasuke! Don't you see? We just have to do the transformation jutsu and no one will know it's us! It's genius! I can't believe I never thought of that. What do you say, Sasuke?"

Sasuke was still thinking it over, he was about to state that if someone uses a sensory jutsu, such as like Naruto with his Sage Mode, then they'll be able to detect that Sasuke and Sakura were in the same vicinity, both undergoing a transformation jutsu. But before he could verbalise his response they heard the doorbell ring.

Sakura's eyes widened. "Shit! What time is it?" she asked frantically. She hoisted herself up and clambered off the bed. "I'm coming!" she shouted out, hoping whoever was at the door would hear. Sakura flung her wardrobe open and brought a bathrobe out and concealed her modesty.

"Sasuke, you have to go," she hissed at him. "I think it's Choji or Karui with Sarada. I'm sorry that we didn't have much time to-" The doorbell rang again. "Go!"

Sasuke picked up his clothes and made his way to the shower for a quick wash before clothing himself and using his rinnengan to escape. The last thing he heard was Sakura saying, "Oh thank you Choji for dropping Sarada home! I must have lost track of time, hehe... I'm actually just going to pop into the shower, but next time you and Karui must bring Chocho over and stay for lunch!"

***

Red carnation

The night sky was starting to transcend into the lighter shades of blue as the sun peeked into the sky, brightening the field with its ethereal grace. The black flowers which Sasuke was sceptic of, which he was trying to discern what they were, was now made clear to him that they were not black, but indeed a deep red. Red carnations. The frills of the petals in the centre of the flower reminded him of a February over a year ago. He remembered how he spoke of the language of flowers to his wife as he had written in his letter:

Sakura,

I am doing fine. Or I was until I came across a florist. The red carnations caught my eye and I thought of you and Sarada. Sakura, I mean it when I say: alas for my poor heart, my heart aches. My love for you both is like the red carnations. My heart bleeds for you both.

I'm sorry it's been so long since I last saw you. I'll be near Konoha in about two days. I will come then.

Sasuke.

The response back had warned him not to wait for her at the house, but rather to meet at the usual alleyway near the hospital. And that was where he had waited for her.

Sasuke waited within the two narrow walls as one foot was placed on the wall behind him. Sasuke glared at the insulting graffiti opposite him that read: 'Uchiha slut', 'Dr Haruno call me', 'Pink haired single slutty Dr', among other vile things about his wife. Sasuke activated his amaterasu and aimed it at the wall until all that was left were black scorch marks. Moments passed before a pink beauty landed in front of him in a white medic coat and ran towards him. Sasuke lifted his foot off from the wall, and placed his hand on his hip as he scowled down at his wife.

"Sasuke!" she called out to him. "Did you use a fire style jutsu? I could smell it from a patient's room!"

"I used amaterasu," he told her, nodding at the wall behind her.

She turned towards his gaze, and then snapped her head back. "But why?" she prodded, concern etching her features. "Has something happened in Konoha?"

"No. I've had my meeting with Kakashi and Naruto. But it's not about that. I just saved you from reading some disgusting comments. That's all," he replied, his voice grim.

"Oh... I thought the cleaners had taken care of that..." she mumbled, toeing the gravel with her sandal.

"You've seen them?" When she didn't look up to meet his stare, he prodded with, "Why are some of your patients under the impression that you're single?"

Sakura sighed heavily, and then forced herself to look up at her husband's scowl. "There's been rumours that we're not actually married... Some rumours say we divorced and you left me. Others say that we were never married in the first place. And then there's the rumours about Sarada... That she's not mine. Or she's not yours. Or she is ours, but you don't love her. Or if you do love her, then I raped you and that's how she was conceived... It's been a crazy couple of months, Sasuksh-"

Her voice muffled and then turned into sobs as Sasuke clamped his hand over her back and drew her towards his chest.

I'm sorry.

She wiped her eyes using the front of his cloak and then looked up at him. "And then there's the rumours about why Sarada wears glasses. There's too many... From that I'm an unfit mother, or you're not her real dad, or..." She took a deep breath. "Sasuke, what do I say when she asks me if you ever wore glasses? She'll know that I've never. There's enough photos of me from over the years, but if she thinks it's a genetic thing... What if she doubts that you're her real dad? Oh Sasuke!" And the sobs started again.

His fingers ran down her long silky locks and his chin rested atop the flat of her head. "Sakura, calm down. You're overthinking," he soothed.

"But... if she ever asks..." her voice trembled as she spoke each word.

"I agree that she shouldn't know the real reason why she needs glasses. Maybe when she's old enough, she can know. But as a child... Sakura, don't think about it too much. If she ever asks, I trust you'll find the right thing to say. Just don't tell her much about my past. Anything pertaining me is still classified information," he reminded her.

"I know," she sniffed. She dried her eyes with his cloak again. "Sorry, I ruined this..." she mumbled, staring at his cloak.

"Don't worry about it," he consoled. He was struggling to find a way to cheer his wife up, when the thought occurred to him. He pushed Sakura off of his chest and looked into the red rims of her grassy green eyes. "Sakura. Lets do what you once said. Lets transform into normal civilians and spend the day together."

Sakura's face lit up and her fists clenched onto his cloak. "Really?!" she asked. "You're really okay with that?!"

"Hn," he said. Anything for you, my love.

He watched in amusement as she clamped her hands together and squealed. She clenched her eyes shut as she informed him, "I can't believe we're actually going to do this! Oh my god. Okay, we need to transform into people that don't look out of place. I know I don't need to tell you, as you're not stupid like Naruto, but make sure the features of whoever you look like don't have any features that would attract any sort of attention."

"Like pink hair you mean?" he asked with a slight smirk gracing his lips.

She stuck her tongue out at him. "I mean like a ridiculously handsome face," she retorted back.

He rolled his eyes at her flirtations and simultaneously, they both made the hand signs for the transformation jutsu. After a puff of smoke, standing before each other were a couple in their mid-twenties. The man had red long hair up to his waist that was tied in the middle and he was dressed in a green denim shirt that was left open disclosing onlookers to the pure white t-shirt underneath, paired with black trousers, whilst also sporting a new temporary left arm that rested inside the trouser pocket. His wife was a brunette with short hair, and her eyes were a deep brown to match her hair. Her clothes were simple enough: a purple short-sleeved t-shirt, paired with brown kami shorts.

"Right!" she said, examining her husband's new look. "You don't look half bad."

He grabbed her wrist and they made their way out of the alleyway and walked away from the hospital, into the busy streets of Konoha. "What do you want to do?" he asked.

"Hmm..." Sakura placed an index finger on her chin as she looked around the street. "Oh! I know." She ran a few steps ahead, and turned around and waved Sasuke towards her. "Come! There's a new pop-up cafe that opened up a week ago. I've been intending to take Sarada in the weekend, but I haven't had the time to check if the scenery or the food is child-friendly. Now will be the perfect time!"

He walked over to join her, and her arms curled over his right arm. He tried to free himself from her embrace, but she was unrelenting. "Relax!" she assured. "No one knows it's us. You don't have to be ashamed!" She grinned cheekily up at him.

He grumbled back down to her, "Sakura..."

She placed a finger on his lip and said, "Oh you can't call me that! We need new names."

Sasuke watched as Sakura's eyes bounced erratically around as she thought about the many possibilities. He was glad that he had been able to cheer her up, but she was taking this a bit too far. If she didn't calm down then they would start attracting unwanted attention, and passerby's may start to become suspicious as to seeing two new 'civilians'.

"Fugaku," he said, making Sakura stop walking and look at him.

"What?"

"I'll be Fugaku," he clarified.

"Oh. Then... I'll be... Mikoto?" she asked warily.

"No, that's too obvious. You'll be Izumi," he ordered.

"Ah! Okay. That was Itachi-san's lover, right? Izumi... It's a beautiful name," she said, smiling sweetly up at him.

She clung to his arm as she led the way to new pop-up cafe. It was as they were turning the corner into another street that they heard familiar voices heading towards them. Accompanied with those voices were a flash of blonde unkempt hair and straight navy blue long locks.

"But Hinata, I'm really worried about Sakura-chan!" the blonde pouted, both his arms resting behind his head.

"Sakura is a strong woman, Naruto-kun. I really look up to her," the Hyuga heiress replied.

"Oh, oh. But you're also a strong woman, Hintata!" Hinata blushed as Naruto grinned down at her. "But still," the blonde continued. "That bastard Sasuke is going to get his ass kicked the next time I see him."

Sasuke's shoulders tensed as he heard his name coming from his friend's mouth. That loser...

"How could he just leave his wife with that many men around the house? There's been enough rumours that I've had to shut down as future Hokage. Sakura doesn't say much, but I can tell it's getting to her. And Sarada, too. There's only so much I can do to make sure none of those rumours get to her ears, you know? Sasuke is such a prick. You know that he was always picking fights with me back in the day, right?"

Hinata giggled, "I think you too started a few fights, Naruto-kun." Her tone then grew serious as she said, "Sarada can stay with us more longer. I don't mind. I've already told Sakura. Sakura can also stay with us. I know Himawari likes the company, she's so talkative just like you, dear. After we pick her up from Father's..." The Uzumaki couple's voices drifted away as they turned the corner.

Sasuke's face was as dark as clouds on a stormy night, and his scowl deepened. He followed his wife wordlessly, not giving into the soothing touches she was circling over his arm. They came across a pink cafe with flowers adorning the door and windows. Inside, fairy lights were lit and a 5ft cream teddy was placed near a seat. On every table was sat a small plotted plant, and gracing one side of the petite cafe was a flower wall. They were seated near the door, Sasuke took the window seat with Sakura sat opposite him. She was still mulling over the menu whilst he continued to glare at her.

When the waitress came over, Sakura ordered, "Hi, I'd like to have a dango and a red velvet cake with a hot chocolate."

The waitress looked at Sasuke, and asked, "And you, sir?"

He blatantly ignored her and continued to stare at his wife.

"Erm, he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth," Sakura explained. "He'll just have black coffee. No sugar."

When the waitress took the menus and sauntered off behind the counter, Sakura hissed at him, "Sasuke, what are you playing at? You could at least be a bit more friendly! You'll blow our cover!"

"Fugaku. Call me Fugaku," he sternly replied. "You're the one who'll blow our cover," he spat bitterly.

Sakura raised a brow. "What's gotten into you all of a sudden? Is it what Naruto said, because-"

"Yes. Why are there men at the house?" he asked, his eyes piercing into hers, searching for an answer behind her false brown eyes.

Sakura sighed. "It's not what you think. Naruto's an idiot. These 'men' are builders. I'm refurbishing the house. We're making it bigger, adding more rooms. Sarada told me about how Hinata has been training Boruto whilst Naruto studies or is on his missions, and she asked if I could train her when I have time. But the training grounds are usually packed with shinobi so I thought it'd be better if I make extra room in the house for us to train," she explained. "So you see? It's nothing to worry about, Sa- Fugaku-kun."

Sasuke sighed and brought his hand over Sakura's whose hand was resting on the table. "Why didn't you tell me that in any of your letters?" he asked, tiredly.

"You're the one that said I should try to avoid writing anything too personal! And anyway, I did warn you not to go to the house, and that was because of the men there might see you," she defended herself.

A different waitress brought their order to the table. Sakura thanked her, but the woman wouldn't budge. "Hi, I'll be one of your servers for today. My name's Amino. If you need anything just give me a shout! We have polaroid cameras that you can request to use, as well as an arcade downstairs. I just need to take your names and you'll be free to use them," the waitress told them.

"Ah, yes. Izumi and Fugaku," Sakura told the woman, hoping she'll go away.

The woman wrote down their names and smiled at them. "Nice to meet you Izumi and Fugaku! I don't think I've seen you two before... Have you just recently moved to Konoha? I'm new too!"

"Er, yes, we just recently moved..." Sakura answered, unconvincingly.

"Oh, so what do you both do as a living," Amino asked.

Sakura hesitated, obviously not prepared for a thorough interrogation, and so Sasuke stepped in. "I trade tomatoes," he said naturally, as if he had been trading tomatoes his entire life. "And my wife here is a hairdresser."

Sakura gawped at him, stunned. Amino looked at Sakura and beamed, "Wow! I've always wanted to get my hair done!"

"Izumi is still practising. She's going to give me a cut later today, actually," Sasuke said. "So we're hoping to get home as soon as we can."

"I am?" Sakura asked, puzzled. Sasuke kicked her under the table. "Oh yes! How could I forget! Hehehe..."

Amino smiled at them both, taking the hint and said her farewells. "Well if you do take any pictures and you want to buy them, you know who to call!" And she left the couple to it. 

The next half an hour consisted of Sasuke's scowls as Sakura forced him to try some of her desserts, and then again scolding him to "lighten up!" as she forced him to take a picture with her using the cafe's polaroid camera. She tugged him towards the arcade and his scowl deepened as she beat him at almost most of the games they played, but the gleam in her eyes and the genuine softness of her lips as she smiled were worth it, he reflected. It was just as they were paying that they heard a deep voice behind them guffaw loudly and state with such confidence, "That pink slut will definitely let me fuck her tonight! I just know it! Once I get her alone I'll ask her to heal my arm from all that heavy lifting I do from building her extension, and then BAM. That dumb bitch wouldn't be able to resist my charm!" 

Another male voice chided, "Won't your wife have something to say about that?"

"She won't find out," the first voice stated. "Haruno won't say shit. She'd hate for her husband to find out she's been cheating on him."

"Isn't she an Uchiha now? She's been an Uchiha for a few years now," the second voice reminded the first. 

"So what? We know that she the Uchiha's whore. But she'll be mine now," from his voice it could only be assumed that he was sporting a wicked grin. 

Sasuke watched as his wife's hands trembled against the counter. He watched as her hand grabbed the counter and the marble counter wore a new crack just beneath her palm. If she lost her temper their cover would be blown and it would only add fuel to whatever sick rumours had been spreading about the Uchiha's. So Sasuke gently passed his right hand over hers and took it. He thanked the waitresses when she did not, and he gently tugged her outside of the cafe, and continued walking. Their pace was slow, and her head lolled as if she were a drunken mess. Her eyes wouldn't lift off from her own two feet, and eventually he released her fingers to use his hand to rest her head on his shoulder as he walked them towards a bench that had become a significant location in their relationship - with words unspoken, the notorious bench outside the village gates was one that defined the earliest stages of their friendship. 

He sat her down and he himself took his seat beside hers. They took in the silence and made peace with it. The few passing seconds helped the wounds in her heart to mend, and he allowed her to take her time as she found her quickening breath and fought to find the words to say as her eyes spoke for her with every drop that escaped her broken irises. He sat with her, being patient, being with her, as she had so many times for him - with him. Eventually her face lifted up and her faux brown eyes met his onyx. 

"That was one of my builders..." she confessed to him. 

"Are they always like that?" he asked. 

"No, they're really nice. To my face, I mean," she said, her hand playing with his fake red hair that brushed onto her hand. 

"He won't bother you again," Sasuke comforted. "None of them will."

Sakura furrowed her brows in confusion as she searched his stoic expression. "What do you-"

"Sakura," Sasuke interrupted. "I don't want to look at anything else other than you. You know that. But, more so than that, I especially don't want to see you hurt. Not now, not ever."

A painful smile crossed her heavenly lips as tears continued to fall. Her hand stopped playing with the red hair and instead found his lips. "Thank you, Sasuke... But I still don't understand..." 

He closed the distance and his lips found hers, but he willed both their eyes open with the spiralling of his sharingan. To anyone passing, they would look like an ordinary couple embraced in love as they shared affection in public. But they were no ordinary couple. Sasuke shared the contents of the past fifteen minutes with her: 

As Sasuke held Sakura's hand - right entwined with left - as they left the cafe, Sasuke's temporary left hand made a shadow clone that lured the builder into the men's toilets of the cafe. Once inside, the man was immediately drenched in sweat as all he saw was a demonic beast infiltrate his mind threatening to devour him if he so much as laid a hand on a pink doctor - or any other woman that wasn't the man's own wife. The demon promised to visit him every moment the man blinked if he did not caution his fellow colleagues. The man gulped and believed the black and red demon, wetting himself in the process.

Sasuke felt Sakura's lips kiss him with a fierce desperation as his memories subsided. He felt her fists scrunch up the collars of his green shirt, and suddenly his head was being pushed down onto the bench. As if she were a fragile, broken thing, he delicately pulled one wrist away from his collar and broke off the kiss before it became something else in an open space. 

"Sorry..." she breathed out, looking abashed as she stared at his torso. 

"No, it's okay," he comforted. "No one knows it's us, anyway, right?" The corner of his lip tugged upwards at the knowledge. He watched as she bit her lip, and then looked up to meet him again. 

"Would you... would you be willing to do this with me again, Sasuke?" she asked timidly. 

Sasuke held her hand and squeezed it. "If I do... If I continue trying to spend whole days with you... My mission will take longer than it already is. I don't want to miss all of Sarada's childhood. I'm sorry, Sakura," he said, swallowing the lump in his throat, hearing his own voice crack as he voiced his beloved child's name. 

He felt her squeeze his hand back. "No, I'm sorry, Sasuke," Sakura whispered back. "I'm being selfish again, aren't I? Focus on your mission. Focus on seeing our baby again. Focus on her. Don't worry about me, darling. I'm a strong woman. I can handle myself." 

"Ah," Sasuke agreed. "That you are." 

I'm not ashamed of you.

And it was there that they sat, under the guise of ordinary civilians. But it was no pretence that they were in love. That much was true. Two broken souls sitting amidst a village of trees as they watched the world buzz by them, waiting for the sun to lower until it was four hours after midday. Until it was time for Sakura to head to the school and pick up their daughter. Until it was time for them to depart. 

Until next time

***

Since that February over a year ago, his visits with Sakura had been more infrequent, and when he did visit her, their meetings barely lasted two hours. She was inundated with more and more shifts now that Sarada was older, and he was finding traces of Kaguya's clan throughout different dimensions that he would report back to Kakashi through a hawk. Along with that, Sasuke was still tracking down missing-nin who posed a threat to the shinobi world, but more importantly, those who posed a threat to a young Uchiha. 

Sasuke stood up and basked in the sun, watching the different species of flowers dance in the morning spring. Despite all the flowers he had feasted his mismatched eyes upon, one that stood out to him was a single white daffodil that Sakura had gifted him three days before when he had visited her. She had confessed that she had once attempted to give it another lifetime ago, but now that he was standing before her, he should have it. He still remembered his beauty's words: "Even during winter it keeps its beauty. A strong flower that waits for the hope of spring. Like you, Sasuke-kun. I will continue to wait for you, and so please keep coming back to me."

It was March 31st. 

And the fruit of their love was seven. 

A/N: She's seven! Right, now I need to reread my whole fanfic again and remind myself how I wanted the rest of the story to continue. 

Leave a comment! What did you like? Any constructive criticism? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 2 10
Based on the Song Pink Champagne by Ariana Grande. SasuSaku focused. Sakura enjoys a night out with the girls.
Heart By Nao-Cha

Fanfiction

262 12 3
Heart. No matter what everyone says about it, no matter any description to it, for me one thing for sure. It always beats just for you. You, my love...
116K 3.2K 22
He remembers everything but she remembers nothing.